Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy (11821 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 10:26am On Jan 14
BBIA:

depending on the church.
Okay good.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by BBIA: 10:27am On Jan 14
drmuchin:
E be like your pastor don use your brain drink garri
very gullible people in 2024.

and then he will train his children to be this gullible, and when their time come, they will be even more gullible than their parent.

cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by BBIA: 10:28am On Jan 14
guobe:

Okay good.
we know wetin living faith (winners chapel) the do cool

Oyedepo the scam. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by blesynk(f): 10:34am On Jan 14
[Please is first fruit done with only money?
quote author=Emma1Oj post=127932686]😂😂😂😂

This one is gone...

The Bible said; Love God with all your heart and your neighbors as yourself. THATS THE GREATEST COMMANDMENTS.

No gree for anybody.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Majesty7: 10:35am On Jan 14
FRANCISTOWN:

Na any god help me work for my money?

A god who needs your money is no god at all

Although might sound harsh BUT this is the TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by TheMohican(m): 10:39am On Jan 14
Yea, but I’m not a farmer, so; no.

Ok seriously, yes, it’s possible to give your first fruit to the lord. But know what your bible says about tithes, as things are I don’t pay every month.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by NwaliE01: 10:40am On Jan 14
Moderator101:

Does God need your money?

No, did you have service under a mango tree?

Did the lister/gen ran on water?

Is the church equipments maintained by voluntary organisations?

No one will compulse you to give offering or pay tithe. If you choose to be a Christain and not commit your financial resources, it's absolutely up to you.
In addition to other reasons we give offering and tithe, it also demonstrates our commitment towards advancing the work of God.

We need money in this age and time to advance the gospel.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by EvilPOTATO(m): 10:41am On Jan 14
FRANCISTOWN:

Na any god help me work for my money?

A god who needs your money is no god at all

Let the gods go and work for his own money too. E think say e easy to get money grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 10:42am On Jan 14
NwaliE01:

No one will compulse you to give offering or pay tithe. If you choose to be a Christain and not commit your financial resources, it's absolutely up to you.
In addition to other reasons we give offering and tithe, it also demonstrates our commitment towards advancing the work of God.

True absolutely.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by akaahs(m): 10:42am On Jan 14
guobe:

It is expensive maintaining the church not beneficiaries necessarily cashing out.
Who is the church and what do u mean by expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 10:43am On Jan 14
NwaliE01:

Alot of the churches do charitable works too from donations received.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 10:44am On Jan 14
akaahs:

Who is the church and what do u mean by expensive
The church is us and we are expensive.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by zrocky: 10:55am On Jan 14
guobe:
It is the start of a new year and most Christians do practice the act of fresh fruits whereby your first salary in the year or fresh profit of business, first money of your new marriage etc is given to the church.
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria,is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits.

giving first fruit or not is not a sin. Did you hear anything about it in the new testament. If you are broke and hungry will you pay first fruits and starve. Also don't you have family members that are in need. Jesus said if your only sheep falls in the well on the sabbath day do you ignore it to die, that wisdom. It mean your needs are more important to God that your offering.

All the seed we sow to the church tithes, offering and first fruits are to be used by the church to take care of the pastor and the poor among the members. When was the last time the poor around your church experience that.

All this things don't matter, what matters is how you treat your fellow man and the sincerity of your heart, obedience is better than sacrifices . If you don't have and your faith does not carry you don't do. If your faith carry you go ahead.

The truth is God does not need your sacrifice, he sent Jesus already sorry rest. Oyibo no dey do first fruits, but there are living the best life. Their pastors most work part time to support their family. I live here and I can tell you this people are far more honorable that any pastor in Nigeria.

So I say this if you know your hungry and your faith no strong no do am. Let those in their capacity do as the spirit lead them

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 10:58am On Jan 14
zrocky:

giving first fruit or not is not a sin. Did you hear anything about it in the new testament. If you are broke and hungry will you pay first fruits and starve. Also don't you have family members that are in need. Jesus said if your only sheep falls in the well on the sabbath day do you ignore it to die, that wisdom. It mean your needs are more important to God that your offering.

All the seed we sow to the church tithes, offering and first fruits are to be used by the church to take care of the pastor and the poor among the members. When was the last time the poor around your church experience that.

All this things don't matter, what matters is how you treat your fellow man and the sincerity of your heart, obedience is better than sacrifices . If you don't have and your faith does not carry you don't do. If your faith carry you go ahead.

The truth is God does not need your sacrifice, he sent Jesus already sorry rest. Oyibo no dey do first fruits, but there are living the best life. Their pastors most work part time to support their family. I live here and I can tell you this people are far more honorable that any pastor in Nigeria.

So I say this if you know your hungry and your faith no strong no do am. Let those in their capacity do as the spirit lead them

Okay noted
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Paramount01(m): 11:10am On Jan 14
Moderator101:

Does God need your money?

No! But he needs my commitment, he asked for Abraham only child, for what? Did he need the child? NO! BUT HE NEEDS THE COMMITMENT
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Enemyofpeace: 11:13am On Jan 14
I'm here to read lies. Mynd44 what sayeth thee?

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by FuckTheMod: 11:16am On Jan 14
LilMissFavvy:
Pay your tithe and forget "first fruit". First fruit is not compulsory.
Tithe is old testament doctrine.
Stop the hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by mrwill123: 11:21am On Jan 14
Hearing this for the first time
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by chiedu7: 11:28am On Jan 14
Dtruthspeaker:

Why didnt you say righteousness died also, therefore people can live in unrighteosness, since Law and many things died with Christ?

Awon Law breakers wishing away The Law because they are afraid of it because they are guilty.

The bible never said that righteousness died, it said the law of righteousness died..

Rom 10:4 KJV For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Learn to grasp what God is saying
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Nteogwuija(m): 11:34am On Jan 14
guobe:

It is expensive maintaining the church not beneficiaries necessarily cashing out.

Person wey open church, make eh find way sustain him church. E no consine me.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Alajiki(m): 11:37am On Jan 14
guobe:

Yinmu🤣. Na jollof rice Pastor dey taken una money chop. Please no gree for mumuism this 2024.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Nteogwuija(m): 11:40am On Jan 14
Dtruthspeaker:

Its always been very difficult to do and the economy has always been harsh every period of time a person

But i do not understand; rather than read, people are listening to greedy covetfull fools?

Then they wonder why God never hears nor answers and after that they become even more foolish by becoming atheist.

God is very very Good and He did not ask anyone to give their whole fruits/whole salary only just 15% of their salary o.

And even at that, this does not guarantee you will prosper and that God would answer you.

If that is what you think and wish, as far as Sweden is from south Africa is how far you are from God ever answering you.

So God came up with a formula to share ur money with u? Nice.

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by LordReed(m): 11:43am On Jan 14
KnownUnknown:

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
- Denis Diderot

How can you take the money you earned by working and just go hand it off to a man just because he calls himself a cleric?

Because he tells amazing tales of blessing and increase. Very sweet tales I tell you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by JASONjnr(m): 11:45am On Jan 14
guobe:

Then shut it down.... And build tech school or factories that will create jobs and also empower the people around you.

There's absolutely nothing beneficial about church, other than spending to impress a pastor. Or having girls wear their best outfits to impress their crush.

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by kareemkamil(m): 12:03pm On Jan 14
Mumu follow follow people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by kunle75(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14
Righthussle:
Yes. Your pastor needs that your first salary to settle a lot of things like house rent, children's school fees, buy new car for wife and children, side chick pocket money, private jet maintenance, etc.

My friend Carry your pastor money go give am. That's the price you're paying for being ignorant and foolish. I know what you're thinking right now, "I am not foolish". You're foolish for believing a being that is capable of creating the universe will ever need your money for anything.

Any human that tells you he/she works for the maker of the universe is a thief. He works for his stomach. The being behind the existence of the universe is not a human like Dangote, Elon Musk or Tinubu that will need workers.

Guys stop giving these pulpit bandits your hard earned money. Whoever or whatever made the universe will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER need your money for A N Y T H I N G whatsoever.

I know some fools will come attack you for speaking the truth 💯
Religious bigotry in Naija is second to non

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by gigabyte13: 12:10pm On Jan 14
The question is
When has the economy been better....??
A giver is a giver irrespective
If you have not been doing it before, it will be very hard to do .
Practice make perfect.
Nobody is forcing anybody to pay First Fruit
It is a voluntary exercise.
People who have been paying, will tell you their testimonies that made them not to stop paying...
You don't stop doing what is working for you.
Na wertin no work for you dey bring complain and murmur.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by SirLakes: 12:16pm On Jan 14
Op say "As a broke Christian"

Rich folks won't mind

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by jaxxy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14
if u believe in it and not just as a religous ritual yes sure.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Aaronsrod: 12:26pm On Jan 14
Paramount01:
No! But he needs my commitment, he asked for Abraham only child, for what? Did he need the child? NO! BUT HE NEEDS THE COMMITMENT

Sound doctrine my broda.

If you cannot commit to cut the throats of your children when the Lord commands it you cannot be counted by Him as worthy.

Live strong like Abraham. Show commitment.

Pay First Fruits. Your reward shall be in Heaven.

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by rickleye: 12:27pm On Jan 14
guobe:
It is the start of a new year and most Christians do practice the act of fresh fruits whereby your first salary in the year or fresh profit of business, first money of your new marriage etc is given to the church.
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria,is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits.

Your relationship should not be subject to harsh economic reality. That said, God loves a cheerful giver. Anything given disgruntled is not to God.
Giving is an act of faith. It is personal. There are some Christians who are flourishing in this client and others who are in statusquo while others are not doing so well. The rain falls on just and unjust.
Only God and u know how hard it’s been so give what you can and be content.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by FRANCISTOWN: 12:36pm On Jan 14
EvilPOTATO:

Let the gods go and work for his own money too. E think say e easy to get money grin
Na so now, Nwanem.
For this Tinubu period. Shishi them no go see

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know A Fake Pastor In 5min / The Atheist's Prayer / The Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.