Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy (11806 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Vipro(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14
JASONjnr:
Even second and third fruit them no go see shishi.

I've made lots of giveaway to people. I've paid WAEC fees for 20 students and I bought 5 of 50kg 4ice and shared to widows in a community around mely estate.

I believe in giving to the needy and not to some pastors. Pastors will take from these people and refused to empower them.

How can a church be after what you bring to the church.... Year-in year-out while their members are languishing in abject poverty.
hello
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by okoroemeka(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14
guobe:
It is the start of a new year and most Christians do practice the act of fresh fruits whereby your first salary in the year or fresh profit of business, first money of your new marriage etc is given to the church.
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria,is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits.
first fruit can have many meaning but our greedy pastors has defined it as first salary mostly,why can't it be the first money that you touched in the year,ibut due to unpredictable situations that will make the money small they now focus their shining greedy eyes on the first salary

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Tonididdyx: 4:03pm On Jan 14
It's good to note its not all about MONEY

Your first fruits could be livestock, fruits, actual food like yams plantains... Not necessarily your salary.

Ps: I did mine already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by kwasoly(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14
guobe:
It is the start of a new year and most Christians do practice the act of fresh fruits whereby your first salary in the year or fresh profit of business, first money of your new marriage etc is given to the church.
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria,is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits.

I know what you want to do but it won't work.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by TemmyT002(m): 4:31pm On Jan 14
Don't do more than you can handle
It is foolishness in the sight of the Lord, not righteousness.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Gboom: 6:17pm On Jan 14
guobe:
You are desecrating the body of Christ thinking that you are casting the so-called pastors by you complaining here
If you think money from poor people is what the church or the pastor is depending on you must be a joker. From what I observed in church administration, only few people with huge tithe and offering and other donation is what is keeping some churches floating and hardly those few will complain on social media unlike you guys that never contribute meaningfully to things of God.
Giving in whatever form in the church of God is not by force
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by loswhite(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14
FatherLord:
Yes .

Have you noticed that the lives of those who don’t give their tithes, offerings and first fruits is not better than yours even after keeping their money to themselves?

Have you noticed your life is not better than theirs even after paying all your money?
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Ohislee(m): 7:16pm On Jan 14
Honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruits of all thine increase,” Proverbs 3:9

There is first fruit in the bible, however, it does not represent your entire salary in the month of January.

For some reason, some preachers has turned it to mean your entire January salary which is not.

Like in the place I just quoted in proverbs, the Lord asked for your increase. For example, you got a promotion, your first fruit will represent the salary difference which you can give to God once. If you are goat farmer, your first fruit will be the first goat your herd reproduce for the year and not the entire goat your herd reproduced in the month of January.

First fruit, focuses on increase, note this.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Redstorm(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14
Admit it: you just created this thread so that pastors and churches at large will be criticises and condemned🙄.

guobe:
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by chiedu7: 10:15pm On Jan 14
Dtruthspeaker:

If The righteousness of Law is dead it therefore means that unrighteosness of The Law Lives and rules. Which means you can do all your unrighteosness because when Christ died, He took away the righteousness of The Law according to you. So you should not bother about living right. Live unrighteosly then like bandits, kidnappers and mannappers and murderers and whorestitutes.
Common sense lacking
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by cardoctor(m): 11:48pm On Jan 14
Na u sabi that one
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Ohislee(m): 12:32am On Jan 15
EVILBLACKGOAT:

Please never use goat in your example again other hot oil will burn your head

I have heard you, evilblackgoat.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by chiedu7: 12:39am On Jan 15
naija4life247:
Nothing like First Fruit again.

It is only in the Old Testament, but the New Testament had cancelled that, just like Tithes, only Offering is in the New Testament.

If we want to practice both the New and the Old Testament, then, let's marry as many wives as GOD beloved in the Old Testament like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, e.t.c., otherwise, let us stick to the New Testament.

Any Christian that is still talking about First Fruit is a thief that deserves to be stoned at the market square.

Please note that my opinion is as a result of my years of doing B.K. and Moral Instructions in Primary School, and C.R.K. in Secondary School. I am a Muslim, but the above is what I learned from reading the Bible.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/3543564939307108
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by cardoctor(m): 7:59am On Jan 15
No be only first fruit. Na second fruit.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Follybay(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15
Yes. If you are convinced to do so, but not on the basis that people are doing it.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 1:40pm On Jan 15
Follybay:
Yes. If you are convinced to do so, but not on the basis that people are doing it.
Ok good.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Dtruthspeaker: 4:19pm On Jan 15
chiedu7:

Common sense lacking

See! You cannot answer because you did not know the implication of saying that the riighteosness of The Law was dead which is what i have just shown you can't speak most especially after Christ clearly told everyone "i am not changing or touching The Law o" yet you stubborn jews still find a way to throw away The Law as your fathers had done because you do not like the way The Law shows and proves your guilt on.Judgment Day.

On what basis would ths great and Mighty Court judge all men and fallen angels if it is not based on Law and Righteousness aa you can still see by the matters Christ warns us about in Revelations?

Peter warned you lay people.about Paul's statements that is only lawyers who can explain them for it is a Law document like reading Wole Olanipekun's court documents so you must be very.very careful in reading lest you damn your soul.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by chijokz(m): 7:35pm On Jan 15
guobe:
Yes..give your whole salary to your pastor so he can continue to prosper - properties in Dubai, private jet, etc
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Iampromoted(m): 9:28am On Feb 17
Ohislee:
Honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruits of all thine increase,” Proverbs 3:9

There is first fruit in the bible, however, it does not represent your entire salary in the month of January.

For some reason, some preachers has turned it to mean your entire January salary which is not.

Like in the place I just quoted in proverbs, the Lord asked for your increase. For example, you got a promotion, your first fruit will represent the salary difference which you can give to God once. If you are goat farmer, your first fruit will be the first goat your herd reproduce for the year and not the entire goat your herd reproduced in the month of January.

First fruit, focuses on increase, note this.

Well said.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Ken4Christ: 10:06am On Feb 17
guobe:

Your first salary is your first fruit but it's not compulsory you give all. You give your best. This is the practice even under the Law of Moses. They were commanded to give their best and not all of it.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by guobe: 10:07am On Feb 17
Ken4Christ:

Your first salary is your first fruit but it's not compulsory you give all. You give your best. This is the practice even under the Law of Moses. They were commanded to give their best and not all of it.
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? / Going To Church Or Online/Broadcast Service — Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.