Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. (10678 Views)

NPOWER: Trying To Redeploy To Another State? Let’s Gather Here. / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? / Applying From Another State. Kaduna State Government 2019 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by faceland: 1:47pm On Jan 07
Budget to stay in a very cheap shitty hotel for 2 weeks.
Pay daily.
Tell everyone you meet, you need a house (from Bike, Taxi, Hotel Receptionist, Pastor, everyone).

All the houses I rented in the past were through bike.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Liamsys: 1:48pm On Jan 07
Friends and family is your best bet. But try ad much as possible to let the would-be benefactor to know the exact time you would like to stay as someone suggested.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Sayboy: 1:48pm On Jan 07
Sonfethopia:
Nobody is talking about the high cost of house rent

I was about to say this. That’s why Homlify started. To help people move to an apartment easily with its rent financing options. Please check the LinkedIn page out https://www.linkedin.com/company/homlify/
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by rayopt(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07
I used the first commenter strategy. Go to Facebook and search. Thats how I got a very wack apartment for six months in Ilorin. But you may need to lodge in hotels for one or two days before you find a place. I think it is easier in Lagos if you have the money. If no money, that's another issue entirely.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:52pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:
So I am thinking of traveling to Benin to for a course. The course duration is around 6months.

Now my problem is how do you tackle accommodation for a short period if you don't have people present in that place.

Besides this accommodation is also affecting people job searching. My friend earlier Moved to Lagos after he got a job without any
accommodation in place.
Google for cheat hotel and make your reservation online before moving.

Please drop your tactics or strategy on how to survive.
(Besides rents are no longer paid monthly in Nigeria undecided)
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by DenreleDave(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07
Enny2013:
What happens to Guest houses n Hotels bfr contacting house agents?
No be only guest house?

Na u wan give am the money abi πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Originalsly: 1:54pm On Jan 07
If used well ... Nairaland gives us the opportunity to make friends and connect directly to people living anywhere in Nigeria and beyond. If you have a pretty good history here ... you can reach out and Nlanders from Benin can better advise you.

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Yomit71(m): 1:58pm On Jan 07
Lalami3232:
Weather you get accommodation or not, that one no be my concern. My concern is to liberate men from bondage, so I'm here to tell them the good news
Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes a.k.a non-virgins can't be trusted.
Secondus
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by BareFacedLies(m): 2:01pm On Jan 07
If you are a female looking for accommodation then contact me but you must be beautiful grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by hotplate: 2:03pm On Jan 07
which area in Benin? I stay in Benin i can suggest alternatives

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Sonofgod1990(m): 2:04pm On Jan 07
If you are a girl I could have helped you I stay in the state you just mentioned. Sorry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by pikechukwu6(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07
Simply go and rent a hotel for six months. cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07
chubinwa:
Go through agents na. But they are blood sucking demons. Rippers

The problem is most landlord wants to collect rent of 1yr and it's way outside my budget tongue.
If I could pay monthly it would be fine
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Giftymane(f): 2:13pm On Jan 07
I currently got a job in benin am supposed to resume April..we can get an apartment together... please DM if interested

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by olaodun: 2:13pm On Jan 07
Simple solution it depends on your financial and religious status if you are so rich look for a small hotel in a safe place negotiate with the Manager to give you cheapest fair room and you want to stay long , or if you are mobile sleep inside your car in a big hotel compound or institution . Also if you are a church person talk to church members if you can stay with an unmarried church members
Also any higher institutions you may stay with a friend or church members etc . Also some organisations like Anglicans, Catholics have cheap guest house many posibilities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:15pm On Jan 07
Fatbam005:
Dey play nobody dey give strangers house nowadays.
Am considering going to an area that has tetiary institution... If I don't get the short time accommodation, I fit dey sleep lecture hall grin grin..

This life is not for the weak, but omo undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Smartguyboy(m): 2:16pm On Jan 07
GloriaSabipeepz:
Same o, got an interview Job from Leadway in Lagos this week but I can't make it because of accommodation issue

You go look for cheap guest house nah or if the place is in island there is a place called Lekki phase 3 where Dey have batcher housing for rent and it very cheap.
During my nysc in Lagos my colleague who came from far place rent house there just to stay for few days before my PPA gave us accommodation. I was coming from ikeja cantonment to ajah.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Giftymane(f): 2:16pm On Jan 07
We could split the bill. Got an agent who is supposed to show me some apartments in Benin[quote author=FRANKOSKI post=127822640][/quote]
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:17pm On Jan 07
Offpoint1:
Simple go there and rent before the time of your moving.

If you don't have money, do it the hustler way.

Crash with the security at where you want to learn the course, bear in mind you have just a day or two.

Make friend with them and find out the single guy among, then rappor with him as guyman-to-guyman and hustler to hustler.

Once he allows you to crash at his place, contribute financially and foodly. Don't cross your boundaries, if he has a visitor, excuse him.

Be specific on how long you intend staying from day 1, most issues happens because a lot of folks will lie about staying a week, when they know it's impossible to fix themselves up within a week.

No kind hustle man pikin never hustle for this life, I dey hala from experiences.

Thank you πŸ™.
I appreciate your input
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Maj196(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07
Omo lyk dis ehhn I no fit accommodate random pesn for house even friend sef I go think twice.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07
Enny2013:
What happens to Guest houses n Hotels bfr contacting house agents?
Guess house is not cheap oh.. I am not considering that option...
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by fineboynl(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:

The problem is most landlord wants to collect rent of 1yr and it's way outside my budget tongue.
you can a shitty house in benin where the landlord will collect 6months. But you know the kind house I’m talking about sha

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by fineboynl(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:

Guess house is not cheap oh.. I am not considering that option...
how much is your budget for the 6 months
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by faceland: 2:21pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:

Pay for one year and sublet it to a student for half the price when you are done/going.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Goddyrichie(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07
Lalami3232:
Weather you get accommodation or not, that one no be my concern. My concern is to liberate men from bondage, so I'm here to tell them the good news
Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes a.k.a non-virgins can't be trusted.
e b like say ur wife don d show u pepper 🌢 πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Albinoflash(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07
GloriaSabipeepz:
Same o, got an interview Job from Leadway in Lagos this week but I can't make it because of accommodation issue
leadway in iponri surulere?,and my house is not even far from there
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Emeka71(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07
Ayrastarr:

I use Facebook most time.

I search "Roommate needed In Bleep" It's brings out post of people that needs roommates. I send them a message from there.

I remember when I traveled to Abuja last year to write May 2023 diet of ICAN examination and I found out that no level; do you know that I had to run the thing from the street; as in I was sleeping on the street and going to take my examination so I didn't mind because I had only I week.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Schoolshooter: 2:40pm On Jan 07
Use your car and travel to another state then be sleeping in your car till you move into a house

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Fatbam005: 2:40pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:

Am considering going to an area that has tetiary institution... If I don't get the short time accommodation, I fit dey sleep lecture hall grin grin..

This life is not for the weak, but omo undecided
hmmm, God bless our hustles.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Mpanyi: 3:04pm On Jan 07
Lalami3232:

Wife this wife that? Virgin this virgin that? Are you just for sex related thing in this world?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by ozoono(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:
So I am thinking of traveling to Benin to for a course. The course duration is around 6months.

Now my problem is how do you tackle accommodation for a short period if you don't have people present in that place.

Besides this accommodation is also affecting people job searching. My friend earlier Moved to Lagos after he got a job without any accommodation in place.

Please drop your tactics or strategy on how to survive.
(Besides rents are no longer paid monthly in Nigeria undecided)
Which of the location are doing the course in benin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Earn 4,000 Naira Every Day Just Doing These!!! / FG Denies Re-openning Of N-power Portal For New Applicants / Apply For Sahara Group Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.