Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. (10686 Views)

NPOWER: Trying To Redeploy To Another State? Let’s Gather Here. / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? / Applying From Another State. Kaduna State Government 2019 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by saintkeppy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 07
Use Facebook, search "Properties to Rent and buy in Benin" Facebook will give you many options then click on any to look out for your preferred choice, discuss with an agent from there he may assist you with a room for a short stay.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by M0M0SHIKI: 3:55pm On Jan 07
I should have moved to Port Harcourt since last year ohh but to go and sleep where
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Eniolohunda: 4:00pm On Jan 07
As somebody that had been a student in the past, with this type of experience. Go there and meet with your course mate, let them know you are looking for accommodation and I'm sure you will see one that can accommodate you for like a week, while you search for your own accommodation. But try be a good guest .
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Blitzking: 4:08pm On Jan 07
Ekitibiased:
Shared accomodation is the 'realistic' option with a budget in mind.

Got it's risk but would be common soonest.

One of several ways to adjust to Nigeria of our days
Shouldn't be...na certain locations and ppl wey be easy target
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by zebszebs: 4:26pm On Jan 07
Offpoint1:
Simple go there and rent before the time of your moving.

If you don't have money, do it the hustler way.

Crash with the security at where you want to learn the course, bear in mind you have just a day or two.

Make friend with them and find out the single guy among, then rappor with him as guyman-to-guyman and hustler to hustler.

Once he allows you to crash at his place, contribute financially and foodly. Don't cross your boundaries, if he has a visitor, excuse him.

Be specific on how long you intend staying from day 1, most issues happens because a lot of folks will lie about staying a week, when they know it's impossible to fix themselves up within a week.

No kind hustle man pikin never hustle for this life, I dey hala from experiences.

You are merely existing not living
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Tijani009: 4:36pm On Jan 07
Obnoxious2001:
So I am thinking of traveling to Benin to for a course. The course duration is around 6months.

Now my problem is how do you tackle accommodation for a short period if you don't have people present in that place.

Besides this accommodation is also affecting people job searching. My friend earlier Moved to Lagos after he got a job without any accommodation in place.

Please drop your tactics or strategy on how to survive.
(Besides rents are no longer paid monthly in Nigeria undecided)

What i do is i look for the nearest higher institution, you can stay in most of their classrooms for the main time expecially when you are going for interviews , thats what i mostly do
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Mogajunior(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07
Lalami3232:
Weather you get accommodation or not, that one no be my concern. My concern is to liberate men from bondage, so I'm here to tell them the good news
Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes a.k.a non-virgins can't be trusted.
Lol. This post got me laughing. Oga sense is far from you.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by medicaljobadver: 5:09pm On Jan 07
Menh I go Accra, try to find rent for just two months. I spent 2 weeks in a hotel but couldn't find. Accra was more expensive then(don't know about now) to belly full definitely costed significantly more.. But their shops looked quite better that Nigerian shops. Even their public transport. Their taxi models no go come Nigeria even in ten years. Nigeria na jsguda country and I suspect Nigerians are poorer."Chukwudozie’s Substack | Chukwudozie Samuel Nzewi | Substack" https://chukwudozie.substack.com?utm_source=%2Fsearch%2FNzewi&utm_medium=reader2&utm_campaign=reader2
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Etosha: 5:10pm On Jan 07
[quote author=Obnoxious2001 post=127822963]
Am considering going to an area that has tetiary institution... If I don't get the short time accommodation, I fit dey sleep lecture hall grin grin..

This life is not for the weak, but omo undecided[/quot

It's possible to stay in the hostel, but their toilets are terrible.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by jojothaiv(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07
I've slept on streets of Ibadan those days, Inalende precisely and it was an hell of a moment before nigga secure one small place.

That I wasn't afraid of my life those nights speaks volumes of how I view streets life.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:24pm On Jan 07
GloriaSabipeepz:
Same o, got an interview Job from Leadway in Lagos this week but I can't make it because of accommodation issue

Alot of job invites in my mail box which I can't make it cos of accommodation... How I wish I av someone in Lagos....
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by arthurwillia(m): 12:19am On Jan 08
Try Twitter, dem fit helpbyou
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Tonytonex(m): 7:22am On Jan 08
GloriaSabipeepz:
Same o, got an interview Job from Leadway in Lagos this week but I can't make it because of accommodation issue
lodge in a cheap guest in na
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Candycrushy(f): 9:22am On Jan 08
Sonofgod1990:
If you are a girl I could have helped you I stay in the state you just mentioned. Sorry
I’m a girl and I’m looking for accommodation in benin
Do you mind??
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:31am On Jan 08
Candycrushy:
I’m a girl and I’m looking for accommodation in benin Do you mind??
Was only joking.. am not there
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Candycrushy(f): 9:57am On Jan 08
Sonofgod1990:

Was only joking.. am not there
Akuko
U dey der
No de whine urself
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:59am On Jan 08
Candycrushy:

Akuko
U dey der
No de whine urself
You wan kill me ahbi😳? Ok I'll help you. Chat me up 0.8.0.2.9.0.5.2.7.8.8
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Sified(m): 10:53pm On Jan 13
Giftymane:
I currently got a job in benin am supposed to resume April..we can get an apartment together... please DM if interested

Hi there, agent here. Looking for accommodation in Benin?
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by Harmonee: 7:20am On Jan 14
Gentlesoul2021:

Alot of job invites in my mail box which I can't make it cos of accommodation... How I wish I av someone in Lagos....

Call or chat Agent Victor on 09058983989

Tell him you're from Mr Tobi.

He'll attend to you well.

He has sure jobs and also accommodation updates in Island or Mainland.
Re: How Do You Sort Out Accommodation When You Travel To Another State. by captaininiobong(m): 7:28am On Jan 14
Obnoxious2001:
So I am thinking of traveling to Benin to for a course. The course duration is around 6months.

Now my problem is how do you tackle accommodation for a short period if you don't have people present in that place.

Besides this accommodation is also affecting people job searching. My friend earlier Moved to Lagos after he got a job without any accommodation in place.

Please drop your tactics or strategy on how to survive.
(Besides rents are no longer paid monthly in Nigeria undecided)

If you go to a global church, members of the church in that state may help out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Me On Peopleplus Zenith Bank Recruitment / FG Denies Re-openning Of N-power Portal For New Applicants / Seamfix Nigeria Limited Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.