Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting (9485 Views)

Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting / After Four Years; Northerners Are Regretting Voting Against GEJ / Ahmed Lawan: Those That Left APC Are Regretting Their Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by 247man: 11:50pm On Jan 07
Educationalserv:
how will any Nigerian spend 15m naira to go and work as a sweeper in the Uk I
resign goods jobs and go work in old peoples homes .in dorms

That is d bitter truth. Thats d ‘entry level” in uk. Its like baptism for entering and planning to stay there. 90% do d jobs. Some are already coming back. Make i just keep quiet. Im not making jest of them o but its sad.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by omoadeleye(m): 12:02am On Jan 08
Okay. They can japa to other countries
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Floky215: 12:45am On Jan 08
Almost 60 to 70% entering UK nah shit dem dey go pack...!!

What's even the point? Sell house and properties in Nigeria only to end up packing shit in UK, what's that...?

If you plan well there is UK in Nigeria and if you don't plan well, you would meet Nigeria in UK...!!

Either way, I chose Nigeria over any japa nonsense..!! Life here is sweet and nah to follow the criminal politicians bumper to bumper..!!!

As for kidnappers, nah to learn how to be spiderman that's all...!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by ogashman(m): 12:49am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

BS!

Nigerians hardly ever depend on their salary - especially the low income salary earners.

The tips dishwashers get alone daily dwarfs their montly pay by far.

Dishwashers here do buy their own cars too.

A dishwater is a dishwasher whether in UK or Nigeria. cheesy

What kind of nonsense stance is this? Na ur type go argue say Nigeria army go beat us army

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Whatisurproblem(m): 4:04am On Jan 08
Kukutente23:

Dishwasher??
do you know how much is one Pound convert to Naira? Washing dishes in UK is better than Bank manager in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Kukutente23: 6:04am On Jan 08
Whatisurproblem:
do you know how much is one Pound convert to Naira? Washing dishes in UK is better than Bank manager in Nigeria.
Hmmm
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Lastmessenger2: 6:10am On Jan 08
Educationalserv:
that's what happened when people have empty head
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Lastmessenger2: 6:12am On Jan 08
Whatisurproblem:
why would anyone use this analogy to justify washing dish in the UK. Don't forget that those washing dishes in the UK are among the lowest earners in the country and maybe finding it difficult to even pay rent and feed themselves

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 6:27am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

BS!

Nigerians hardly ever depend on their salary - especially the low income salary earners.

The tips dishwashers get alone daily dwarfs their montly pay by far.

Dishwashers here do buy their own cars too.

A dishwater is a dishwasher whether in UK or Nigeria. cheesy

Dishwashers in nigeria do buy their own cars? Swear with all you have that you have seen a dishwasher in nigeria who has a personal car.Oga,no con dey cap for here like say na novice you dey word. I know you are trying so hard to denigrate the guy's hustle but give it up,it's not working.The Nigerian exchange rate has capitulate things for an average Nigerian so as long as someone is earning hourly based in some foreign currency,he is far above some people who we feel are doing some dignifying work here. The famous Sola sobowale once left her movie role to do cleaning, cooking and mopping of floors in UK.if the standard and pay were the same,why didn't she do it with a random IYA ALAMALA cafeteria in Lagos?

5 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Mautinmatthew(m): 6:27am On Jan 08
Lastmessenger2:
why would anyone use this analogy to justify washing dish in the UK. Don't forget that those washing dishes in the UK are among the lowest earners in the country and maybe finding it difficult to even pay rent and feed themselves
A dishwasher who is having 12hrs a day shift and do five days a week would pay his house rent and feed himself conveniently, to cap it all, he would be richer than Nigeria bank manager
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by plaindealer: 6:28am On Jan 08
Where is the sense and wisdom in disposing off your wealth worth tens of millions here in Nigeria just to slave in another country to build wealth from scratch as a dishwasher or a toilet cleaner and making money that's not even enough to pay your rent?

While some Nigerians are looking for money to invest or start a business within Nigeria, some are throwing millions away just to slave abroad to be cleaners and dishwashers.

Sad.

4 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by maasoap(m): 6:29am On Jan 08
Educationalserv:
with the constant change in the Uk visa the Many are now too ashamed to come back to Nigeria
Uk just want you visa and Ihs fees money to fund wage increases
dont sell your property to japa to uk
is not worth the stress only very few succeed
Not like I'm a fan or advocate of japa by all means but your write up lacks substances. You could have done better than this.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 6:32am On Jan 08
ogashman:

What kind of nonsense stance is this? Na ur type go argue say Nigeria army go beat us army

Na their type dey argue say Nigerian based footballers dey earn more than UK based footballers.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by maasoap(m): 6:35am On Jan 08
Schoolshooter:

Any job better than no job

Money way I don earn as dish washer fit build bungalow for naija
What can it build in UK because you're not working or living in Nigeria anymore? That money can't even get you permission alone in UK.
This is my problem with you japa guys, you are always measuring your income and growth in terms of naira which is a Nigerian standard and that's very wrong.
When the only time you can see yourself as growing is when you have to measure your achievements in naira or by naija standard despite living in abroad, that to me, is not a commensurate growth

3 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by maasoap(m): 6:44am On Jan 08
Windblown2much:
Make una free the dishwasher na... una wan use insults and shaming take finish the guy shocked haba na! he's still better than millions of u lots attacking him undecided U guys dunno what God has done for anyone that has successfully left this shithole.

Na wa!
You are wrong if you leave through illegal means, three months visa or landed in a wrong country
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by maasoap(m): 6:47am On Jan 08
Whatisurproblem:
Probably you don't know what it means to be a bank manager in Nigeria grin grin grin
Forex and businesses seeking loans are enough for bank managers in Nigeria to chop belleful. Dey dia.

Mautinmatthew:

A dishwasher who is having 12hrs a day shift and do five days a week would pay his house rent and feed himself conveniently, to cap it all, he would be richer than Nigeria bank manager
Damn! Why do you guys find this line convenient to throw up every time? Some of you would even proudly tell us that USA prison is better than Banana island grin grin grin. And would gladly say that a slave in abroad is better than a king in Nigeria. How can anyone grow financially with this kind of mentality and mindset?

4 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by omonla10(m): 6:51am On Jan 08
Catapault:

Don’t mind the liar.

People doing these menial jobs in UK always claim they earn good money, but they never tell you that 3/4 of the money is returned back to oyinbo via high rent and multiple bills.

And they can only manage to rent a small room there, when doing such jobs. Forget about flat or house.
I'll tell u this fact for free.. after paying bills and eating well for the month as an average unskilled family, u can still save more than 2 to 3 million naira monthly if u convert ur remaining pounds to naira..

I'm telling u from experience, provided u have the normal resident permit.

U can say we're not spending naira but
1. ur kids go to school that can match or even better than any school in Nigeria.
2. U can save to build ur choice retirement home in ur country..
3. Live in a country that doesn't discriminate between the rich and poor. U both can virtually afford similar thing from housing to cars and good clothing

2 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by maasoap(m): 6:56am On Jan 08
omonla10:
I'll tell u this fact for free.. after paying bills and eating well for the month as an average unskilled family, u can still save more than 2 to 3 million naira monthly if u convert ur remaining pounds to naira..

I'm telling u from experience, provided u have the normal resident permit

Why would you do that when you are not in Nigeria or spending naira anymore? It means you are still struggling
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 6:58am On Jan 08
maasoap:

Probably you don't know what it means to be a bank manager in Nigeria grin grin grin
Forex and businesses seeking loans are enough for bank managers in Nigeria to chop belleful. Dey dia.
https://www.nairaland.com/7942868/japa-bank-manager-skyscraper-cleaner/10

t's obvious you missed the thread of a bank manager in nigeria who is now a sky scraper cleaner in UK. Dey there,oga! forget prestige,the crave for more money and enjoy enjoy the bliss that comes with living in a good society is what is driving NIGERIANS out. In future time after making enough money,they can always come back and live that stereotype big man life in Nigeria again.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by omonla10(m): 6:59am On Jan 08
maasoap:

Why would you do that when you are not in Nigeria or spending naira anymore? It means you are still struggling
check my edited message now
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by maasoap(m): 7:14am On Jan 08
Usmanovic95:

https://www.nairaland.com/7942868/japa-bank-manager-skyscraper-cleaner/10

t's obvious you missed the thread of a bank manager in nigeria who is now a sky scraper cleaner in UK. Dey there,oga! forget prestige,the crave for more money and enjoy enjoy the bliss that comes with living in a good society is what is driving NIGERIANS out. In future time after making enough money,they can always come back and live that stereotype big man life in Nigeria again.
Lol. People felt sorry for him, I felt sorry for him too. He didn't bargain for that. Or, you meant to say that he got that job before he left Nigeria, so he knew what he was getting into?
Ask yourself, why leaving a work in an office with AC for one of the most dangerous jobs in the world? He didn't move up the ladder, he downgraded himself.
There are professors driving cab in Canada, they didn't plan for that but they had to survive because they realised the bitter truth too late.
I will say it again, you don't know opportunities that comes with being a bank manager

3 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by coputa(m): 7:21am On Jan 08
Educationalserv:
with the constant change in the Uk visa the Many are now too ashamed to come back to Nigeria
Uk just want you visa and Ihs fees money to fund wage increases
dont sell your property to japa to uk
is not worth the stress only very few succeed
It's only a senseless person that will sell his or her own property to Japa to the UK,gone are those days.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by GVTAsiwaju(m): 7:26am On Jan 08
Schoolshooter:
UK better this shit hole where you no fit see any vacant job

This is a job I didn't apply for it when I landed but they messaged me on indeed

As Dishwasher? Where is our dignity? If they asked you to wash dish in your village you would be foaming in the mouth

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by coputa(m): 7:35am On Jan 08
maasoap:

Damn! Why do you guys find this line convenient to throw up every time? Some of you would even proudly tell us that USA prison is better than Banana island grin grin grin. And would gladly say that a slave in abroad is better than a king in Nigeria. How can anyone grow financially with this kind of mentality and mindset?
Leave them with their self validation, they can only tell that to the marines.Working abroad expecially for non professional is akin to servitude and slavery.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Itiskdg121(m): 7:40am On Jan 08
Nigerians and double standard. No wonder the country keeps going down day by day.
He's a dishwasher, cab driver, packing shit.....continue.
So you expect the guy to continue with menial jobs all his life. Won't you find something to start with when you relocate to another location?
Leave the japa guys alone, because I see it as pure jealousy.
I understand your frustration after applying several times for illegal visa and failed, then you resolved to the Nigerian normal bring him down syndrome.

A country filled with hate, banditry, corruption, police brutality, scammers, Yahoo boys, Armed robbery, ritualists, oil bunkering, boko haram, cultism, budget padding, embezzlement, up Nepa and so on.... is where you want them to keep their children?

I will believe you if you can swear with your life that you've never cheated the system in that country.

Let people make the choice that suits them and by the way, what will the N15m naira buy again in the country compared to 15 years ago. SMH

Modified:
Another headline just thus morning. https://www.nairaland.com/7961734/manufacturers-may-sack-workers-naira
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by coputa(m): 7:44am On Jan 08
Educationalserv:
This is appalling, this is slave mentality.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Abee79(m): 7:53am On Jan 08
mcmbonu:
Op on Colos. No interview. No experience
But did he lie? undecided
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 8:30am On Jan 08
ogashman:

Who is talking about beat

At the end of the day army is army.

US army could not defeat ragtag Taliban after 20 years of war.

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 8:32am On Jan 08
Usmanovic95:

Dishwashers in nigeria do buy their own cars? Swear with all you have that you have seen a dishwasher in nigeria who has a personal car.Oga,no con dey cap for here like say na novice you dey word. I know you are trying so hard to denigrate the guy's hustle but give it up,it's not working.The Nigerian exchange rate has capitulate things for an average Nigerian so as long as someone is earning hourly based in some foreign currency,he is far above some people who we feel are doing some dignifying work here. The famous Sola sobowale once left her movie role to do cleaning, cooking and mopping of floors in UK.if the standard and pay were the same,why didn't she do it with a random IYA ALAMALA cafeteria in Lagos?

Whether you like it or not, a dishwasher remains a dishwasher whether in Nigeria or abroad?

Does the dishwasher abroad not live all his life on debt/mortgage should he try to buy his own car or live in his own house?
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by ogashman(m): 8:43am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Who is talking about beat

At the end of the day army is army.

US army could not defeat ragtag Taliban after 20 years of war.

I said it...and na u go still argue say Nigeria is more developed than the UK...oya let's go
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 8:47am On Jan 08
ogashman:

I said it...and na u go still argue say Nigeria is more developed than the UK...oya let's go

Offpoint!!!

A dishwasher is a dishwasher

How can a graduate be a dishwasher
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by ogashman(m): 8:53am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Offpoint!!!

A dishwasher is a dishwasher

How can a graduate be a dishwasher

With this mentality i have that U re a mumu boy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Five Residents, Burn Police Station, Sack Communities In Katsina / Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State / FG Begins Process Of Appointing Ambassadors, Says Minister Of Foreign Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.