Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting (9490 Views)

Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting / After Four Years; Northerners Are Regretting Voting Against GEJ / Ahmed Lawan: Those That Left APC Are Regretting Their Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 9:01am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Whether you like it or not, a dishwasher remains a dishwasher whether in Nigeria or abroad?

Does the dishwasher abroad not live all his life on debt/mortgage should he try to buy his own car or live in his own house?

A dishwasher abroad like you said can afford to enjoy the luxury of life ,buy car and live in his own house at the expense of been indebted but as long as he his still on his ten toes he can offset them, now tell me can an average dishwasher in Nigeria ever dream of those luxury when the little he earns won't be enough to meet his basic needs.

2 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Yujin(m): 9:03am On Jan 08
revolt:

Experience is the best teacher. I guess. Don't leave your good job to run down to the UK. It's a sinking country. Since after losing their african colonies ..uk has been on a decline. It has never increased. An empire built on leeching can never last.
Exactly. Just like Nigeria will not last because she was built on leeching.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 10:07am On Jan 08
Usmanovic95:

A dishwasher abroad like you said can afford to enjoy the luxury of life ,buy car and live in his own house at the expense of been indebted but as long as he his still on his ten toes he can offset them, now tell me can an average dishwasher in Nigeria ever dream of those luxury when the little he earns won't be enough to meet his basic needs.

They almost NEVER offset the debts all their lives. That's why they can't return to Nigeria.

An average dishwasher in Nigeria NEVER remains so. They eventually move on and live the good life.

Even as dishwashers, they still make it - live in their own house and have their own car. It is depends on how diligent they are.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 10:08am On Jan 08
ogashman:

With this mentality i have that U re a mumu boy

You are incoherent!!! embarassed

A graduate should NEVER be a dishwasher anywhere in the world smiley
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 10:35am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

They almost NEVER offset the debts all their lives. That's why they can't return to Nigeria.

An average dishwasher in Nigeria NEVER remains so. They eventually move on and live the good life.

Even as dishwashers, they still make it - live in their own house and have their own car. It is depends on how diligent they are.

So a dishwasher won't seek for better opportunity there over time right?
And again how many people do you know who made a fortune as a dishwasher here?

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by 1TrippleCee: 10:42am On Jan 08
Nigerians always talk everyrthing down. Dishwasher is this, i am a graduate and cant touch the ground. This and that. All sort of complaints. Nigerians and complains and fault finding. Tueh
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 11:21am On Jan 08
Usmanovic95:

So a dishwasher won't seek for better opportunity there over time right?
And again how many people do you know who made a fortune as a dishwasher here?

Very unlikely! @bolded
Many stories abound.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Windblown2much: 11:26am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

You guys will never learn

Nigerians hardly ever depend on their salaries especially the low-income earners.

What some dishwashers make daily from tips and the rest far dwarfs their monthly pay.
Tips by begging and ragging visitors shamelessly mtchewww

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 11:30am On Jan 08
Windblown2much:
Tips by begging and ragging visitors shamelessly mtchewww

They don't always beg per se smiley

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by dettolgel: 11:33am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Very unlikely! @bolded
Many stories abound.

Just curious how many dish washer in Nigeria do you know that ended up building a house buying a car and leaving the good life like you claimed? Let me even start with what proportion of graduates in Nigeria ended up having the good life?

I am just trying to have an idea and compared that with friends that came here as students and did dish washing during their student days but are now having a successful career.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 11:36am On Jan 08
dettolgel:

Just curious how many dish washer in Nigeria do you know that ended up building a house buying a car and leaving the good life like you claimed? Let me even start with what proportion of graduates in Nigeria ended up having the good life?

I am just trying to have an idea and compared that with friends that came here as students and did dish washing during their student days but are now having a successful career.

Like I told you, I don't have to know them personally.
But no dishwasher remains so in Nigeria without moving on to something better. But while they were at it, they were good.
I once worked in a hotel but not in the core hotel operations though.
The staff NEVER relied on their salaries. And they were okay. Their colleagues abroad CAN NEVER claim to be better off. smiley
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Windblown2much: 11:38am On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

They don't always beg per se smiley
You just using ur workplace scenerio to generalize
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 11:44am On Jan 08
Windblown2much:
You just using ur workplace scenerio to generalize

Nope
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 11:54am On Jan 08
dettolgel:

Dont waste your time engaging him.The only fact he will give is his opinion.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by terrymason(m): 12:08pm On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Very unlikely! @bolded
Many stories abound.
Reading through your post got me thinking.. Are you being true to yourself with this your assumption. You feel people coming to the Uk are uneducated and dull.. Abi student and Health workers look like who will be a diswasher forever? Be truth bruv. Your comparison should be bulit on fact or statistics. Someone that can raise 15M to japa will be dishwasher forever. Aba

Why compare new immigrants of less than 5 months in the UK with someone in nigeria all their years.

I'm currently in the UK now. I came in September... Are things easy? No! Will things be easy over a period of time? YES!

Some me when dey do Master on top renewable energy engineering go work low job forever? Forget masters self... with time and sense for head everywhere go good.

Before I forget... in the uk, when you start low, you must go high. You can't be where you were yesterday.

Let's talk about the environment and working system... compare to nigeria.

And for you saying dishwasher in nigeria earn good pay. Oh lawd. Stop lying. Nigeria get dishwasher self? Abi na same cook dey wash plate grin

Next time you compare this your baseless comparison... Use time frame... Use Immigration status... Using currency strength.

Much Love.

Unedited Piece

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 12:13pm On Jan 08
terrymason:
Reading through your post got me thinking.. Are you being true to yourself with this your assumption. You feel people coming to the Uk are uneducated and dull.. Abi student and Health workers look like who will be a diswasher forever? Be truth bruv. Your comparison should be bulit on fact or statistics. Someone that can raise 15M to japa will be dishwasher forever. Aba

Why compare new immigrants of less than 5 months in the UK with someone in nigeria all their years.

I'm currently in the UK now. I came in September... Are things easy? No! Will things be easy over a period of time? YES!

Some me when dey do Master on top renewable energy engineering go work low job forever? Forget masters self... with time and sense for head everywhere go good.

Before I forget... in the uk, when you start low, you must go high. You can't be where you were yesterday.

Let's talk about the environment and working system... compare to nigeria.

And for you saying dishwasher in nigeria earn good pay. Oh lawd. Stop lying. Nigeria get dishwasher self? Abi na same cook dey wash plate grin

Next time you compare this your baseless comparison... Use time frame... Use Immigration status... Using currency strength.

Much Love.

Unedited Piece

Where did I say dishwashers in Nigeria earn good pay

I said they NEVER have to depend on their salary. And that while they are at it, they are good.

No graduate should be a dishwasher anywhere in the world angry

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Breadistaken(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08
Japa guys should stop acting like this because of how many pounds you earn , a common dishwasher wan compare with bank manager 🙊(think about the different cost of living and taxes)

PS:only the broke/illiterate people wash dishes in the UK
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by dettolgel: 12:49pm On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Like I told you, I don't have to know them personally.
But no dishwasher remains so in Nigeria without moving on to something better. But while they were at it, they were good.
I once worked in a hotel but not in the core hotel operations though.
The staff NEVER relied on their salaries. And they were okay. Their colleagues abroad CAN NEVER claim to be better off. smiley

You did tell me, you were talking to someone else. Anyways isn't it more beneficial to discuss issues that you have facts?

Well at least I know for a fact that diaspora remittance is 22billion dollars in 2022 (this did not include money that they sent back via unofficial channel). I am just wondering if they are not doing as well as you claimed how was it possible for them to send such money back home?

I believe that 2023 figure will be higher when released.

Yes I agree that remittance is not a clear evidence that they are all living well abroad but at least it is a better evidence than your opinion that you can't back up.

If I may ask what do you do for living in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 1:00pm On Jan 08
dettolgel:

You did tell me, you were talking to someone else. Anyways isn't it more beneficial to discuss issues that you have facts?

Well at least I know for a fact that diaspora remittance is 22billion dollars in 2022 (this did not include money that they sent back via unofficial channel). I am just wondering if they are not doing as well as you claimed how was it possible for them to send such money back home?

I believe that 2023 figure will be higher when released.

Yes I agree that remittance is not a clear evidence that they are all living well abroad but at least it is a better evidence than your opinion that you can't back up.

If I may ask what do you do for living in Nigeria?

Not all monies sent from abroad are diaspora remittances. embarassed

By the grace of God, I earn dollars from my side hustle and it gets sent to me monthly smiley

And there are thousand of people like me smiley
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by dettolgel: 2:33pm On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Not all monies sent from abroad are diaspora remittances. embarassed

By the grace of God, I earn dollars from my side hustle and it gets sent to me monthly smiley

And there are thousand of people like me smiley

Of course not all money. But the one that is classified as "diaspora remittance" is because it is in the name. grin.

Well you said that there are thousands like you, I am not going to doubt that. Those that are like you what are the percentage in terms of our local labour force?

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by eepeepook: 4:10pm On Jan 08
Why them no come back? All these lies.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Rossikk(m): 4:34pm On Jan 08
maasoap:

Probably you don't know what it means to be a bank manager in Nigeria grin grin grin
Forex and businesses seeking loans are enough for bank managers in Nigeria to chop belleful. Dey dia.

Damn! Why do you guys find this line convenient to throw up every time? Some of you would even proudly tell us that USA prison is better than Banana island grin grin grin. And would gladly say that a slave in abroad is better than a king in Nigeria. How can anyone grow financially with this kind of mentality and mindset?

They are ignorant with no sense, and have spent their entire lives brainwashed by western movies and media. That’s why they reason that way.

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Jaxefij: 4:57pm On Jan 08
Whatisurproblem:
do you know how much is one Pound convert to Naira? Washing dishes in UK is better than Bank manager in Nigeria.

You are cursed, diseased & dead.
You shall wallow & perish in abject poverty.
Shame on your UTTERLY USELESS mama.

The bloody nose continues...
Stay tuned!
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 5:28pm On Jan 08
dettolgel:

Of course not all money. But the one that is classified as "diaspora remittance" is because it is in the name. grin.

Well you said that there are thousands like you, I am not going to doubt that. Those that are like you what are the percentage in terms of our local labour force?

Everybody has their way!

Day in day out, people here are building their own houses and buyings cars. No life-long loans!! No life-long mortgages!!! cool
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by dettolgel: 7:43pm On Jan 08
Donaldoni:

Everybody has their way!

Day in day out, people here are building their own houses and buyings cars. No life-long loans!! No life-long mortgages!!! cool

I have observed that it is either you have problem understanding questions or you willfully ignore it because you don't have the answers, which is it?

NB:You know some of us are very busy and are only interested in constructive conversation than the back-and-forth that are the hallmark of most exchange on this platform.

2 Likes

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 8:04pm On Jan 08
dettolgel:

I have observed that it is either you have problem understanding questions or you willfully ignore it because you don't have the answers, which is it?

NB:You know some of us are very busy and are only interested in constructive conversation than the back-and-forth that are the hallmark of most exchange on this platform.

Is it that you lack simple comprehension skills

I was trying to say not everybody earns dollars from side hustle like me and that those who don't have their own way which works for them

What is difficult in that
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by omoharry(f): 8:22pm On Jan 08
Kukutente23:

Dishwasher??
I tire oo!! I just weak for the guy.. that job na wetin person dey hide to do B4 getting a proper job in the UK . He is even proud to be a dish water .. Anyway, maybe he was a hustler that found his way to the UK .. abeg still happy for am. It's not easy .lol.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Jorussia(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08
Usmanovic95:

But to buy car for abroad nor be luxury na.Unlike in
Nigeria,having abroad is not a big deal. Even people living in the streets in the US.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Jorussia(m): 8:53pm On Jan 08
omoharry:
I tire oo!! I just weak for the guy.. that job na wetin person dey hide to do B4 getting a proper job in the UK . He is even proud to be a dish water .. Anyway, maybe he was a hustler that found his way to the UK .. abeg still happy for am. It's not easy .lol.
I don't blame the guy,if you look this abroad matter carefully na this exchange rate crisis dey mess us up as a nation.Any abroad u go and u can't save a minimum of 1000USD after ur expenses in a month,is not worth it.

The First hand information i have gotten from
People close to me in UK,didn't paint a picture of doom.The people that currently struggling are those on student visas.I am aware that the Job market is currently saturated and very competitive unlike few years ago.If u are not doing very well here in Nigeria,and u get work permit package,please accept it.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Fibonacci88: 9:10pm On Jan 08
Schoolshooter:
UK better this shit hole where you no fit see any vacant job

This is a job I didn't apply for it when I landed but they messaged me on indeed
Cos no one there wants to do dat job. I am not castigating what puts food on ur table o. But don't stay too long on such job if not u go enter depression o.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by 10thTenthMan: 9:27pm On Jan 08
Itiskdg121:
Nigerians and double standard. No wonder the country keeps going down day by day.
He's a dishwasher, cab driver, packing shit.....continue.
So you expect the guy to continue with menial jobs all his life. Won't you find something to start with when you relocate to another location?
Leave the japa guys alone, because I see it as pure jealousy.
I understand your frustration after applying several times for illegal visa and failed, then you resolved to the Nigerian normal bring him down syndrome.

A country filled with hate, banditry, corruption, police brutality, scammers, Yahoo boys, Armed robbery, ritualists, oil bunkering, boko haram, cultism, budget padding, embezzlement, up Nepa and so on.... is where you want them to keep their children?

I will believe you if you can swear with your life that you've never cheated the system in that country.

Let people make the choice that suits them and by the way, what will the N15m naira buy again in the country compared to 15 years ago. SMH

Modified:
Another headline just thus morning. https://www.nairaland.com/7961734/manufacturers-may-sack-workers-naira

I have said it again and again that most times it is PURE WICKED JEALOUSY AND ENVY THAT FUELS THESE TYPE OF TOPICS.

Like you hinted, many of the persons who celebrate when fellow Nigerian’s abroad experience policies that might affect their wellbeing are those who tried to leave but could not do so. Many of them:

-Couldn’t pass IELTS

-Have failed in attempts at seeking admission

-Could not get WES done and/or are not graduates with capacity or with skills to offer.

-Have been banned and blacklisted from Applying for Visas because they forged documents and committed other malicious malpractices.

-Cannot raise funds for fees, sponsorship or proof of funds.

- Have generally not been able to meet with the point requirements of these countries they wish to immigrate to.

It will surprise you that because they are stuck in Nigeria, they are always looking for bad news against Nigerians overseas and praying for bad policies that will affect Nigeria. Nigerians are not the only Migrants in Canada and UK and Europe and Australia and USA. The Indians and Chinese are even more than Nigerians. I have never come across where India based country men wish their overseas/diaspora fellow citizens, brothers, sisters, relatives and counterparts ill will and bad luck.

I would rather see topics on “How are you guys going to manage now that this policy has come or that policy has been introduced”.

LET ME TELL YOU HERE AND NOW. ANY NIGERIAN THAT LEGALLY LEAVES NIGERIA OF TODAY HAS A BETTER POTENTIAL AND PROPENSITY TO SUCCEED THAN MANY OF THOSE AT HOME. A NIGERIAN THAT DOES NOT SUCCEED IS THE ONE THAT HAS ALLOWED UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS TO BECLOUD THEIR SENSE OF REASONING AND HAS FAILED TO PLAN PROPERLY. If you think that you are coming to make it here to do regular 9-5 and within 6 months, you buy a car and a house and live large and be a millionaire without some specialized skills, then you are joking. Plan properly. Have real expectations about the various phases in the life and process of settling as an immigrant. Know your pathway and what it will take you in your profession and pathway to succeed. Honest Hard work, consistency and self improvement pays here. There is almost a 100 per cent guarantee. In Nigeria, the guarantee that hard honest work pays is almost zero.

THOSE WHO ARE IN DIASPORA NEVER JUBILATE WHEN BADS THINGS CONTINUE TO HAPPEN IN NIGERIA. I did not read where any Nigerian in diaspora jubilated and celebrated the recent killings in Plateau or the Scarcity of naira and increasing value of Forex. Rather we majorly empathize. A few might thank God that they have left the country where things barely work, b that is the height of it.

THE HATRED AND ENVY AGAINST AND ON THOSE WHO HAVE DECIDED TO BE IN DIASPORA IS BECOMING TOO MUCH. THE ANGER. THE HATRED. THE ENVY. THE ILL WILL. THE ANIMOSITY. THE BITTERNESS AGAINST NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA IS TOO MUCH. Stop praying for their downfall and celebrating any things that is seemingly a misfortune.

People have made their decisions to go abroad as adults and it is well within their rights. It is their decision. It is their desire. Do not be jubilant when it seems they will soon experience misfortune of any kind. Wish them well and pray they succeed. Their remittances also helps in National Growth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Five Residents, Burn Police Station, Sack Communities In Katsina / How Has Kainji Dam Shut Down Affected Electricity in Your Area Since Friday? / APC-Merger: ANPP Members Call For Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.