Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting (9489 Views)

Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting / After Four Years; Northerners Are Regretting Voting Against GEJ / Ahmed Lawan: Those That Left APC Are Regretting Their Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by revolt(m): 12:25am On Jan 09
Yujin:

Exactly. Just like Nigeria will not last because she was built on leeching.

Atleast nigeria leeching regions are just miles apart. Not over seas. Worst case scenario ppl will migrate from north to south
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by flokii: 1:19am On Jan 09
Whenever they decide to return, they are always welcome..

No place like home, Nigeria is their home.

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Chimookigwe: 1:40am On Jan 09
Windblown2much:
you must be out of ur mind to say the guy is not better than a driver/gatemen in Nigeria. Can u compare earning in foreign currency to the fuilty meagre naira? I believe the guy can even work different work shift in UK that's if he's a hard working hustler buh in Nigeria, such is hardly the case. Let him manage his finances well, he could end up having reasonable properties down here compared to what any average driver/gateman could own here in Nigeria.

Irrespective of ur claim that drivers and gateman earn well in ur work place and even own houses is just a mere saying without facts. hence, it's only the gullible and thoughtless that would believe u. Beside, getting a dishwasher work abroad is still miles easier and better than these abject slavery works in Nigeria.

My brother, stop this. Your parents did not spend so much money on your education for you to be using big grammar to defend poverty and slavery.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Preenxess(f): 3:16am On Jan 09
Donaldoni:

Stop saying trash!

The guy is not better than dishwashers in Nigeria

Our drivers and gatemen live in their own houses here and drive their own cars. At least I know of the ones in my office.

Another lie except for those who are on govt payroll and fantastically corrupt
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Yujin(m): 6:34am On Jan 09
revolt:

Atleast nigeria leeching regions are just miles apart. Not over seas. Worst case scenario ppl will migrate from north to south
Worst case scenario is division and not a North-South migration. All the statistics don't support that trend. The Northern migrators in a large scale can't cope in the South besides, it's not like their lands over there is barren. It's just a case of poor management.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Leebeedo(m): 7:51am On Jan 09
Donaldoni:

Offpoint!!!

A dishwasher is a dishwasher

How can a graduate be a dishwasher

He won't be a dishwasher for life. When I moved to the US, I started as a warehouse cleaner, withing 6 months, I enlisted in the army and now, I work from home (IT).
I was fairly comfortable in nigeria before leaving but decided to leave just to give my children better opportunity in life. If I had stayed back in nigeria, my pay would have been around 200k/month now. But trust me, I spend over N1m on giveaways monthly which wouldn't have been possible if I had decided to stay in nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 9:23am On Jan 09
Leebeedo:

He won't be a dishwasher for life. When I moved to the US, I started as a warehouse cleaner, withing 6 months, I enlisted in the army and now, I work from home (IT).
I was fairly comfortable in nigeria before leaving but decided to leave just to give my children better opportunity in life. If I had stayed back in nigeria, my pay would have been around 200k/month now. But trust me, I spend over N1m on giveaways monthly which wouldn't have been possible if I had decided to stay in nigeria.

You are in America. Stop thinking in Naira to excite yourself. Based on US standard, NGN1m is chicken change

You have your own life to live. Your children will live theirs. That excuse is for leaving for abroad is BS.

Had you stayed back in Nigeria, you may have been doing better.

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 9:30am On Jan 09
Preenxess:

Another lie except for those who are on govt payroll and fantastically corrupt

Same self-consolatory line from you guys are abroad. How many people are government payroll or have the the opportunity to be corrupt?
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Leebeedo(m): 3:18pm On Jan 09
Donaldoni:

You are in America. Stop thinking in Naira to excite yourself. Based on US standard, NGN1m is chicken change

You have your own life to live. Your children will live theirs. That excuse is for leaving for abroad is BS.

True, N1m is nothing in US but the difference is obviously clear. The highest I would have been if I stayed back in nigeria would have been a Senior Lecturer and their current pay is N200k-N250k. I decided to cap my naija spending to N1m monthly, I can do N20m if I choose to.

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 3:42pm On Jan 09
Leebeedo:

True, N1m is nothing in US but the difference is obviously clear. The highest I would have been if I stayed back in nigeria would have been a Senior Lecturer and their current pay is N200k-N250k. I decided to cap my naija spending to N1m monthly, I can do N20m if I choose to.

Nigerians rarely depend on their monthly pay alone. That is the point you guys fail to understand.
You will be surprised how well your contemporaries back home are faring.
Again, stop thinking in Naira.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Leebeedo(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09
Donaldoni:

Nigerians rarely depend on their monthly pay alone. That is the point you guys fail to understand.
You will be surprised how well your contemporaries back home are faring.
Again, stop thinking in Naira.

Na me dey feed some of them, infact most of that N1m goes to them. Imagine a senior lecturer asking you money to buy indomie for his kids. I'm not saying everyone should japa, but if you have the opportunity to and have a feasible plan, please JAPA!

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 9:17pm On Jan 09
Leebeedo:

Na me dey feed some of them, infact most of that N1m goes to them. Imagine a senior lecturer asking you money to buy indomie for his kids. I'm not saying everyone should japa, but if you have the opportunity to and have a feasible plan, please JAPA!

Congratulations.

You are one of the lucky few. There are some of them here too who are doing very well. smiley

But I hope you are not on a life-long mortgage/loan facility. embarassed
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by huptin(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09
Donaldoni:

Very stupid excuse. ...a child brought up in Nigeria has ten times better opportunity to be university educated than most of those children brought up abroad.

1. University Education costs far less here

2. Nigeria culture promotes education better than abroad where by 16 years most of their teenagers are already working in Macdonald with little thoughts for education.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Donaldoni: 10:09pm On Jan 09
huptin:

Very stupid excuse. ...a child brought up in Nigeria has ten times better opportunity to be university educated than most of those children brought up abroad.

2. Nigeria culture promotes education better than abroad where by 16 years most of their teenagers are already working in Macdonald with little thoughts for education.

Thank you my brother

Don't mind them

Tiwa Savage and Davido were born and raised abroad. Today they are based in Nigeria.

And many more...
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09
huptin:

Can you explain what you mean by Nigerian culture promote education.

Secondly, education should not only be limited to formal education alone, learning a skill,and mastering it is also part of education.Those kids you think are working in MacDonald don't live a stereotype life of I must answer a graduate like we do here,they must have had other forms of education not necessarily formal.The others who are also passionate about formal education also pursue it.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by huptin(m): 2:53am On Jan 10
Usmanovic95:

Can you explain what you mean by Nigerian culture promote education.

Secondly, education should not only be limited to formal education alone, learning a skill,and mastering it is also part of education.Those kids you think are working in MacDonald don't live a stereotype life of I must answer a graduate like we do here,they must have had other forms of education not necessarily formal.The others who are also passionate about formal education also pursue it.

The creme de la creme of the elites ruling America and Europe are all university educated but you allow them fool you that formal education is not important.

Look around you, the fate of black Americans and black Europeans today awaits the future of the children you suffer to take abroad for a so called better future.

Slavitude....that's their plan for you and your children. Here in Nigeria your rulers keep their own children in all top government agencies feeding on your future, they only go abroad for vacation.

You sell all your properties and relocate abroad for a so called better future! Their own children will continue ruling while the children of the masses will continue slaving.

That's the plan.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Yankee101: 5:07am On Jan 10
I generally tell people to avoid the UK for immigration
Do Australia, Canada or the United States. UK is old glory
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Odibembem: 6:11am On Jan 10
seborrhic:

Save £1000 pounds per month from your job,by end of a year,you have already recouped your ₦15m,then from the second year,you would be living and spending large in Nigerian currency,buy lands etc

How much do u earn to expect to save £1,000 per month? Most of these carer jobs don't pay £2,000 and after income tax u have less than £1,600. U know how much is rent? £700 in d least for a tiny apartment. Light bills? Gas?, Council tax? Transport? Feeding? How d hell can such a person save anything? Don't be deceived, if u wanna relocate, make sure u are still young and single cos it would take u do many years to break even. Yes there are exceptions but very few
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Usmanovic95(m): 9:35am On Jan 10
huptin:

The creme de la creme of the elites ruling America and Europe are all university educated but you allow them fool you that formal education is not important.

Look around you, the fate of black Americans and black Europeans today awaits the future of the children you suffer to take abroad for a so called better future.

Slavitude....that's their plan for you and your children. Here in Nigeria your rulers keep their own children in all top government agencies feeding on your future, they only go abroad for vacation.

You sell all your properties and relocate abroad for a so called better future! Their own children will continue ruling while the children of the masses will continue slaving.

That's the plan.

Man,there are certain things you need to unlearn that you need to be educated to belong to the ruling class,who told you everyone is interested in joining them;some of us what to live a low-key quiet.

Second,you need to unlearn the believe that education is limited to the four corners of classroom alone.Some of the biggest sportsmen and entertainers never acquired university degrees,they were enrolled in some football academy,musical schools and some were under the tutelage of some coaches and some developed their talent individually but today the world can bear them witness they are one of the best in the profession.
And again not everyone will be a slave abroad,you need to unlearn that aswell. If you have the talent and the attitude no one cares about your skin colour, Barrack Obama is black like you, Kemi Olufunto Badenoch currently serving as a secretary of state for business and trade in UK is a black like you, Bukayo Saka one of the best talent in English football is a black like you.Life is all about choices, they will be the one to live with their consequences if things go awry and they will also be the one to enjoy the benefits if things work out well.Stop been negative bruh.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by huptin(m): 10:46am On Jan 10
Usmanovic95:

Man,there are certain things you need to unlearn that you need to be educated to belong to the ruling class,who told you everyone is interested in joining them;some of us what to live a low-key quiet.

Second,you need to unlearn the believe that education is limited to the four corners of classroom alone.Some of the biggest sportsmen and entertainers never acquired university degrees,they were enrolled in some football academy,musical schools and some were under the tutelage of some coaches and some developed their talent individually but today the world can bear them witness they are one of the best in the profession.
And again not everyone will be a slave abroad,you need to unlearn that aswell. If you have the talent and the attitude no one cares about your skin colour, Barrack Obama is black like you, Kemi Olufunto Badenoch currently serving as a secretary of state for business and trade in UK is a black like you, Bukayo Saka one of the best talent in English football is a black like you.Life is all about choices, they will be the one to live with their consequences if things go awry and they will also be the one to enjoy the benefits if things work out well.Stop been negative bruh.

For Every Obama there are several thousands of Black people languishing in jail, ditto Saka and Badenoch. You need to unlearn a lot of things.

The Obama and Badenoch you mentioned are great examples of my analogy, they are both formally educated. Saka has talents but so also millions of black kids selling dope and languishing in jail all over europe and America, to all rules there must be an exception, if you focus on the exceptions you will be misled.

The people ruling today are those with good formal education, forget the lies they tell you to keep you decieved and kill your dreams and that of your kids. Why are they educating their own kids in top universities and deceiving you to abandon your own in the name of formal education is not so important?

I have stayed in europe and i have spent some times in the USA, study the system, is not designed to uplift you and your wards, it is designed to keep you in slavery. Open your eyes and see clearly....you cant relocated abroad and hope to send 3 kids to university, how? with what funds? You keep slaving just to survive, you cant even afford to buy basic things like alcohol that the so called poor Nigerians waste,. Your life is boring and dreary, you work, work, work and your children will do same. Your own parents may be poor but they could at least send you to school. You cant even afford to do that for your kids! How is that progress?
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by omoharry(f): 10:40pm On Jan 10
Jorussia:
I don't blame the guy,if you look this abroad matter carefully na this exchange rate crisis dey mess us up as a nation.Any abroad u go and u can't save a minimum of 1000USD after ur expenses in a month,is not worth it.

The First hand information i have gotten from
People close to me in UK,didn't paint a picture of doom.The people that currently struggling are those on student visas.I am aware that the Job market is currently saturated and very competitive unlike few years ago.If u are not doing very well here in Nigeria,and u get work permit package,please accept it.
You are right sha!
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by TheFreshVanilla: 5:03am On Jan 11
If you're talking down on those who moved abroad, and you're not already a millionaire in Nigeria then you are foolissh. The fact that you don't have at aleast 1M naira in your account with the present cost of things show you are a poor person in Nigeria. When the dollar was 200/naira you didn't have 1m, not it's over 1k, yet you still don't, it's obvious you are poor and just "eating" to exist.
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by FavoredbyGOD: 12:28pm On Jan 11
Leebeedo:

You will continue to go higher
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Politicstoday: 12:53pm On Jan 11
Hmm 🤔
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Educationalserv: 1:19pm On Jan 11
Schoolshooter:
UK better this shit hole where you no fit see any vacant job

This is a job I didn't apply for it when I landed but they messaged me on indeed
you carry 15m naira where Majority of the dinners dont have in the Uk to be washing plate . you need your head examine .

1 Like

Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Educationalserv: 1:27pm On Jan 11
Them don lock me since November.. Begging school to open after paying 3k pounds in December alone, this exclude deposit from Nigeria school said now I should pay the rest money before March. Where I wan see 6k pounds in 2 months and I still have from now to September to finish my studies.

Once portal is lock you can't follow up with lectures again. You can't submit assignments . how can anybody blow 15m to start another of suffering .
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by dettolgel: 6:27pm On Jan 15
huptin:

I really do not know where you got your data from or which country you are referring to.

1. In western European countries like Belgium, Netherlands, France, Luxembourg, German university education is almost free for citizens. In places like Belgium the average fee for BSc is around 900 euros. Whereas the minimum wage is around 1600 euros per month. The figures isnt that different from Netherlands and even cheaper in Germany. The literacy rate in these countries are way higher than Nigeria.

Then move to Scandinavian countries similar stories.

So when you say abroad could you please be specific which of the countries abroad where someone born in Nigerian are more likely to attend university than an indigenous member of the country?
Re: After Blowing Millions To Japa To The UK Nigerians Are Regretting by Obierika(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Most Nigerians don't do well on dishwasher jobs. They don't return after their first shift. That job is the area of the polish and other Eastern Europeans.

So they have other Europeans who are specialists in dishwashing jobs? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Nigeria Is A Country Of Kidnappers & Corrupt Politicians” – David Hayward / Happy 59th Birthday To Obiano And Happy 64th Birthday To Ngige / How Has Kainji Dam Shut Down Affected Electricity in Your Area Since Friday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.