Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? (31758 Views)

Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 / I Need To Drill A Borehole Bwari Abuja / How much can I dig a Well in Atan Ota, Ogun state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by FireUpNow(m): 3:15pm On Feb 05
Your location matters.

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by 9free(m): 3:16pm On Feb 05
godwinstringed1:
Did ours 1.2m
For water or crude oil?
grin grin
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by maasoap(m): 3:17pm On Feb 05
femi4:
Malvine:
400k.. I remember last 3years it was 100k below... This country no go kill person
zadokchidi:
Depend on area...in my area ozara oru West imo state is 300k
grin grin grin

Glassysea:
Keep like 1.3m depends on your state
You got it.
Four months ago, I did Geo survey and I was told 6800 naira per meter. Maximum of 100 meters was recommended which is 680,000. I delayed it and by the time time I called them again, it has increased to 8500 naira per meter which is 850,000 naira. Price of diesel has gone up again, 1200 naira per litre. I'm sure that drilling of one meter won't be less than 9000 naira now.

femi4:
for wetin, na oil
He's correct

1 Like

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Forumobserver12(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05
femi4:
for wetin, na oil

In some states one can spend up to that amount, it all depends on the terrain, we don't have uniform price for boreholes drilling in Nigeria even my community the prices varies...
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Enemyofpeace: 3:19pm On Feb 05
It all depends on the girl, some collect 20k, 50k, 100k, 200k, 500k up to 10 million naira
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Ohuhunsulurep: 3:20pm On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
grin
The photo just be like wetin dey my mind but I ain't saying no shiit mehnnnn angry
grin grin grin chai your mind don rotten shaa ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

1 Like

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by St3v3nson: 3:22pm On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
grin
The photo just be like wetin dey my mind but I ain't saying no shiit mehnnnn angry

Eyaaa!! Wetin she do no good, no talk am abeg
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by bluefilm: 3:23pm On Feb 05
Viper000:
Nigerians are hungry, cost of goods and services jst dey skyrocket. President Tinubu pls do something.

Something like what?

You cannot plant mango and be expecting to harvest orange
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Jemex003: 3:24pm On Feb 05
Malvine:
400k.. I remember last 3years it was 100k below... This country no go kill person
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design

Maybe youโ€™re living in Canal side cuz itโ€™s 500k since couple of years now

1 Like

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Emmasnoop(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05
Surveyor cannot determine where you can find water or the depth you can get clean water.
victorazy:

Drilling alone is 10k/ Meter
To get safe water, you need to dig up to 80/120m

Then casing:
N18k / Length

But first you need a surveyor to locate the point where the water is. It costs N20-30k
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by kelvin1191(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05
Geophysical survey needs to be done first to determine the depth. Then you can calculate the number of meters to be drilled. In my location(north-central) its 11k per meter for punching and casing. Then riser pipe (hdpe pipe 38k for 80meters) flex cable (nigerian 1.5mm 150k+ for 100m) joining kit(7k) well head cover 4k-10k, hdpe adaptor 2*1500=3000, reducer bushing 500, marine rope 10mm 8.5k for a roll of 80+m

1 Like

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:35pm On Feb 05
informative,in other words, it depends on

1) The location or the layers of rocks in the area
2) The cost of the casing and pipes
3) The cost of logistics
4) The depth of the borehole.
5) The pump

And its easier in the dry season

bassdow:

The cost isn't stable Ooo. Even the cost ofDollar is more stable.

Also the cost depends on location. At the moment, in certain parts of ogun state, it's anywhere from 250,000 naira to 400,000 naira.

The major things is the cost of CASing & Riser pipes + other materials. Their prices changes per second and I am not exagerating.

MoreOver, other than the submersible pumping machine you mentioned, all theothers ain't among the basic things required to own a boreHole.

See eh, the earlier you drill, the cheaper. Price for materials this morning, ain't same by noon, or evening.

One thing I would say is, take your time to research others within your area, ensure the Casing pipe is at least 5-inches though 5 and half is much better. Also the thicker, the better.

Quality of materials is important to avoid stories that touch.

Also, now is the best time to drill BoreHole Ooo. No matter what they say, DrySeason, to me, is best time to drill boreHole wether you doing geographical survay or not.
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Godfullsam(m): 3:36pm On Feb 05
Akaegwu:
5 million with God abeg. You may end up without any water

Are you drilling it in the desert?
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Tonytonex(m): 3:37pm On Feb 05
opalu:
Between Sangotedo, Abijo and Awoyaya, I did several boreholes to 90 feet depth very clean water that is comparable with "Pure water" in terms of purity when taken for Lab analysis. Price for each: N550,000 with pumping matching, concrete protection.

Borehole is basically all about location and depth.
please, is there any difference between the one done with big trucks and the with small trucks?
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by maasoap(m): 3:37pm On Feb 05
Administration1:
Depends on the location, I did mine for 105k last July.
What? That's well water, not borehole grin grin grin
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by ubimagos: 3:39pm On Feb 05
It is free in our area.
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Tonytonex(m): 3:39pm On Feb 05
victorazy:

Drilling alone is 10k/ Meter
To get safe water, you need to dig up to 80/120m

Then casing:
N18k / Length

But first you need a surveyor to locate the point where the water is. It costs N20-30k
WOW! How do the surveyors know where the water is located?
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by haphizz57(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05
I paid 400k dec 2022. Just drilling
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by maasoap(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05
ThunderFireAgba:

80m - 120meters for which place, oga?
Inside desert?? undecided

I did my survey and 100meters was recommended, least is 90 meters. This is the area where water well is just 10 meters below the ground.

1 Like

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by maasoap(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05
Chaolin:

If you know the amount speak
or you forever shut your mouth, afonjas always showing themself
Grow up
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by femi4: 3:46pm On Feb 05
Enemyofpeace:
It all depends on the girl, some collect 20k, 50k, 100k, 200k, 500k up to 10 million naira
Lol, you clicked on the wrong topic
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by WoroSeeWoro(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05
almost all nigerian girls are borehole...na u go drill na u go taya....LOL

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by FFIA: 3:50pm On Feb 05
WoroSeeWoro:
almost all nigerian girls are borehole...na u go drill na u go taya....LOL
JennyClay whatchasay? cool
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by zegeijuwa: 3:51pm On Feb 05
Me too I Sabi dig borehole, ask chioma Amara and funke grin
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Tonytonex(m): 3:52pm On Feb 05
Akaegwu:
5 million with God abeg. You may end up without any water
but they will get other things
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Love800(m): 3:55pm On Feb 05
No overhead tank?
So where do u store the water?
safarifarms:
I spent 250k in 2019 and it included 1HP sumo pump and wiring. No overhead tank.
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by longayink: 4:00pm On Feb 05
Depends on location.
In Imo state, it's less than N300,000 in Owerri area.
In Orlu area, it costs more than N1.5million to strike ground water beneath the aquifer due to the topography of the area.

Oyibo provided treated pipe borne water in Orlu area, but none functions since the mid 1990s.
Unfortunately, people from this Orlu area have governed Imo state mostly since 1999. Each of them has been busy fighting the predecessor. The present governor from the zone has even destroyed or disactivated government infrastructures in the principal city of the zone because he perceives old political foes from there.

2 Likes

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Johilo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
grin
mhen no be only u... Na watin i been the reason too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by OmoNla99: 4:18pm On Feb 05
femi4:
for wetin, na oil
I just dug one. Itโ€™s been said, A lot of factors are involved. Digging with the pipe with the exception of pump and other things cost me 1.5milliion. Each meter for drilling was 8500 and the pipe was about 18k. The depth was 150 meters.
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Penboy: 4:20pm On Feb 05
Depends..
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Larwin(m): 4:29pm On Feb 05
Enemyofpeace:

cheesy cheesy
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by safarifarms(m): 4:30pm On Feb 05
Love800:
No overhead tank?
So where do u store the water?
I had to setup a tank stand and buy overhead tank after. What I'm stating here is that the 250k cost didn't cover that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Wiring 3 Bedroom Apartment. / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired / Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.