Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,864 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? (31763 Views)

Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 / I Need To Drill A Borehole Bwari Abuja / How much can I dig a Well in Atan Ota, Ogun state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Prechgold1180(m): 8:22pm On Feb 05
femi4:
for wetin, na oil

I do my borehole drilling last 3 years
Auchi edo state. 1.4 million.

It depends on location

Same edo state Benin city

Borehole drilling cost me 250k.

Depends on location

1 Like

Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Erums(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05
bassdow:

The cost isn't stable Ooo. Even the cost of Dollar is more stable.

Also the cost depends on location. At the moment, in certain parts of ogun state, it's anywhere from 250,000 naira to 400,000 naira.

The major things is the cost of CASing & Riser pipes + other materials. Their prices changes per second and I am not exagerating.

MoreOver, other than the submersible pumping machine you mentioned, all theothers ain't among the basic things required to own a boreHole.

See eh, the earlier you drill, the cheaper. Price for materials this morning, ain't same by noon, or evening.

One thing I would say is, take your time to research others within your area, ensure the Casing pipe is at least 5-inches though 5 and half is much better. Also the thicker, the better.

Quality of materials is important to avoid stories that touch.

Also, now is the best time to drill BoreHole Ooo. No matter what they say, DrySeason, to me, is best time to drill boreHole wether you doing geographical survay or not.

Which ogun state are you talking about... Apart from sango all other areas are rocky and they bill per meter which is around 8k per meter.. Just drilling.. No casing... And u have to drill upto 120m
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by ThiagoKid(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05
femi4:
for wetin, na oil

grin
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by bassdow: 10:03pm On Feb 05
Erums:

Which ogun state are you talking about... Apart from sango all other areas are rocky and they bill per meter which is around 8k per meter.. Just drilling.. No casing... And u have to drill upto 120m

AT least around Atan Last Bustop, along Sokoto road, drilling is 350,000 naira at the moment, and that comprises of Materials + cost of drilling + oWo Omo`Onile
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by essentialone(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05
How much price range will it cost to do such in Nnewi South LGA of Anambra State?
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Melagros(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05
femi4:
Exactly that's what someone told me not long ago
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by femi4: 11:16pm On Feb 05
Melagros:

Exactly that's what someone told me not long ago
I don't know where people are getting that ridiculous amount from
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by safarifarms(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05
ShoeGetSize:
Please, do you have an idea of the deepest level you drilled before you came across water? 60 meters is deep, but I have heard that in some areas, the water level at that depth can be greatly reduced during the dry season and borehole won't be pumping enough water.

Honestly I can't remember the depth of any of the boreholes. Even though I did ask and was told for each of them I had just trusted the driller and never paid much attention to the depth. All 3 boreholes (the one my parents did and the two I did) were all drilled by the same person.

However, I belief the correct depth is location based as per the elevation/water table of the site and this is also a major factor of consideration for the cost. For instance I do remember that the last borehole was not nearly as deep as the 1st two and I was concerned but the drillers assured me that it was okay because of the location. And the water has been okay in all 3 of them.

I once did a water analysis for the borehole my parents did when I had hoped to use it for fish (breeding which I didn't) and the analysis result was excellent for fish breeding unlike another farmer who did the test of his water along with me. His water had so much microbes (I think mine had none), and high level of ammonia (mine had negligible). He actually did the test because his fingerlings were dying. So this explains why.
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by safarifarms(m): 12:04am On Feb 06
femi4:
I don't know where people are getting that ridiculous amount from
I think there's something you don't understand. The cost of drilling is affected by several factors.
1. Location: The elevation and water table of the area. Also the presence of rocks.

2. Type of equipment used: Motorized or manual. Motorized is much more expensive of course. And in some locations its the only option. Someone once told me of a south eastern state (I think Enugu) that only rich people can have boreholes because of the terrain. You can't successfully drill with the manual method. There's massive rocks that need to be broken to get to water and the cost of drilling at the time was about 5m.

3. Materials used: A borehole with 5 inches pipe casing will be more expensive than one with 4 inches casing. The quality of the riser pipes too also affects the cost. .8Hp, 1hp & 1.5Hp pumps don't cost the same.

My last borehole cost 250k (2019) while the one b4 it (I think 2013 or so) had cost same 250k. How come?

Last one was 4in casing with 1Hp pump and lower depth unlike the 2013 own with 5in casing, 1.5Hp pump and higher depth.

In 2013 four inches borehole was 150k and in 2019 five inches borehole was 400k. All manual and different locations/depth.

Meanwhile in that same 2019 someone told me that hers was done with machine for 700k (some years earlier) in the same location that I did for 250k in 2019.
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by freemindcity: 12:38am On Feb 06
opalu:
Between Sangotedo, Abijo and Awoyaya along the Lekki Peninsula, I did several boreholes to 90 feet depth very clean water that is comparable with "Pure water" in terms of purity when taken for Lab analysis. Price for each: N550,000 with 1 horsepower pumping machine and concrete protection.

Borehole is basically all about location and depth and the technical expertise we employ
I do borehole work but can't see work put me in your team na abeg
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Akaegwu(m): 12:41am On Feb 06
Godfullsam:

Are you drilling it in the desert?
That's our experience where I come from. 98%failure
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Akaegwu(m): 1:10am On Feb 06
Tonytonex:
but they will get other things
Nothing sometimes. You will drill and get tired
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Thazard(m): 1:59am On Feb 06
Nicepoker:
Water borehole or a lady's borehole. Be specific pls. grin
grin grin grin
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Boreholedrillin: 6:16am On Feb 06
I read almost 98% of all comments on this threads, if you are not a professional don't say it not possible.. the economy is so bad that everything has skyrocketed. The cost of borehole drilling early last year is far far higher than the cost now...

We are professional, we drill every day and we understand the process and price movement of materials..

Anyway if you want us to help out on your site by making water borehole the source of water. Contact us today

Check our signature below
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by metaluterus(f): 7:49am On Feb 06
essentialone:
How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average?

there is already a tank on the ground.
there is already an overhead concrete scaffold with 1 tank above.
there is already a surface pump that transfers water from the big ground tank to the tank overhead.
also, a 1.5HP submersible pump and switch has also been procured.

From this stage what is remaining to have a complete Borehole, and how much will it cost, on an average?

Where's your location? If you are in Lagos, 350k I will link you up
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by essentialone(m): 8:27am On Feb 06
metaluterus:

Nnewi South LGA, Anambra State
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by metaluterus(f): 8:31am On Feb 06
essentialone:

Nnewi South LGA, Anambra State

Ok
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Lawalemi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 06
bassdow:

AT least around Atan Last Bustop, along Sokoto road, drilling is 350,000 naira at the moment, and that comprises of Materials + cost of drilling + oWo Omo`Onile
Orita, Igbele, Abule Tisa
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Truvelisback(m): 6:31pm On Feb 06
Sonnobax15:
grin
The photo just be like wetin dey my mind but I ain't saying no shiit mehnnnn angry
U don Spoil. grin
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by Tonytonex(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06
Akaegwu:
Nothing sometimes. You will drill and get tired
LOL 😂. That one they should hold the surveyor
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by cosade(m): 5:40am On Feb 07
metaluterus:

Has your link successfully drilled a borehole that is in use, around Isheri North/OPIC Axis?
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by metaluterus(f): 1:10pm On Feb 07
cosade:

Has your link successfully drilled a borehole that is in use, around Isheri North/OPIC Axis?

Yes.

They have drilled alot of boreholes around the mainlands area, including mine

But Isheri North/OPIC Axis I do not know about
Re: How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? by cosade(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07
metaluterus:

Yes.

They have drilled alot of boreholes around the mainlands area, including mine

But Isheri North/OPIC Axis I do not know about

Thanks for the update.

I am specifically looking for a company that has drilled a borehole successfully, in Isheri North/OPIC Axis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired / Court Remands Lekki Gardens MD, Contractor In Custody / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.