Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab (44595 Views)

115 Russian National Guard Soldiers Sacked For Refusing To Fight In Ukraine. / 2 Indonesian Women Publicly Whipped 100 Times Each For Sex Work / Ghana Policeman Whips Lady's Butts Raw For Refusing To Enter Cell (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 3:52pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

...na simple question I ask you..and u are already assuming context....answering what I didn't ask you....

All u have here is judging a nation's law based on another nation's standard....

In the UK.....men pay more for insurance and driver's licence than women..it's the law...is it not biased against men...?? They have their reasons for enacting such law ..

U said one law is bad ..one law is good...who is the judge of bad and good?

Bad or good is relative ...I hope u know??
Is LGBT laws good...promoting chemicalizing children/minors with puberty blockers,??

Is it a good law for Nigerian to jail same sex offenders for 14 years??

Is capital punishment/death penalty good?? Should any state have the right to kill anyone??

Since u are forming the judge of good law and bad laws....please let us know is good for someone to be able to wake up and claim male today and female tomorrow.??

Do u think Iran made their laws just to be wicked?? Bros there are justification for every law in every state .....no state makes its law as a bad law...u are just an asslicker of thr west.

... At the end of the day ....u don't have the right to tag someone's law as good or bad because u don't agree...... Wether it's hijab laws or LGBT laws...

Laws evolve...I did laws and ethics one one of my courses....and the fact is laws are never black and white.......they are sometimes established because of current situation of things, because of people, culture, location, behavioral paternity in a location......... So don't come trying to claim high and mighty to be the judge of what's right and wrong....

First of all, let me quickly correct your claim that men pay more for drivers license and insurance in UK. Paying for insurance in UK is actually age based and not gender based. The issue is that statistics have shown that male drivers are more prone to accidents than female and are thus more prone to claiming premiums than female. If you understand insurance laws, you will understand that higher risks attract higher premiums. As both men and women grow older, they tend to pay less and equal amounts. Go check it out.

Now to the issue of goodness or badness of a law. The fundamental mistake you are making is concluding wrongly that I am the one against the law. If it were so, I will be a busybody or meddlesome interloper. But it is not me who is against the law but women of Iran who are both indigent and citizens of the land. Nigerians did Endsars in 2020 to protest against police brutality and this led to some reforms and decisions on policing in the country. The female citizens of Iran believe the hijab law is oppressive and discriminatory. Do i agree with them? Certainly! But they as stakeholders in the country are the one fighting the laws and they have every right to. What you are doing on the other hand is siding with their oppressor.

To the matter of gay laws in Nigeria. the gay laws in Nigeria was passed in the National Assembly. No lawmaker spoke against the law. Go and check. No CSOs protested against the law during different stages of passage and eventual signing by the President and even till today. This shows that there is a consensus among the generality of Nigerian citizens that the law is good and they are comfortable with it. If an American comes and starts telling us how bad the law is, he would be an intruder and we will tell him to shut up. But if a critical, visible segment of the society come up against the law, then there will be reasonable ground for an American to add his voice to their calls.

There are basic principles of what is called a good and fair law. As I have said before, you have not obtained an education in this sort of thing but just typing from an angle of ignorance of exuberance of libertine worldview. The basic principles include that it must be impartial and fair to all concerned and as much people as have interest must be allowed to participate in the making of the law. You can read up further on it. A law that is partial to a segment of society is a bad law. A law that excludes a certain segment from its making process is a bad law. These things are simple facts. If the hijab law was a good and popular law among those it was made for, there will be no protests for months last year in Iran don't you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 3:57pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

The reason why she should obey the law of her land until it changes which is a law on modest dressing is the same reasons gay men and women can't marry in Nigeria...and they have to obey..

It's the same reason divorce is not allowed in the Philippines by law ..u marry u die there.
By your logic, MLK and Malcom X should have obeyed the laws of their land on racial segregation and not enter a toilet meant for white men or seat in a bus while a white man is standing. They have to obey. They were just being vagabonds by fighting racial segregation. I hope I am making sense to you.
All those Nigerian who were protesting against the annulment of June 12 should have been shot at sight. They are evil men who refused to obey the law of the land as set by IBB. I hope I am right in your eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 4:00pm On Jan 09
Kukutente23:

. I hope I am right in your eyes

Oh ...u have been dialoguing with me placate ur ego that u are right? So this is an invincible trophy contest for you??

Honestly u be werey....

As in .....o gbadun rara
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Babathanks(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:
They knew the rules...

Both chose to go against it....

But maybe "no gree for anybody" is trending in Iran
With people like you. There is no hope for Nigeria. why are you supporting injustice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 4:37pm On Jan 09
Babathanks:

With people like you. There is no hope for Nigeria. why are you supporting injustice

because u don't agree with the law of a land does not change the fact that its their law...

Can gay pple start marrying themselves in Nigeria...?? It's their law....if u don't like it. Go and hug transformer...
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 4:52pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

Oh ...u have been dialoguing with me placate ur ego that u are right? So this is an invincible trophy contest for you??

Honestly u be werey....

As in .....o gbadun rara
It's unfortunate that you failed to see the sarcasm in my remarks
Again you resort to insults because something is beyond your ability to comprehend.
It's a pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 5:15pm On Jan 09
Kukutente23:

What about women who live in America or England which are secular societies and want to wear hijab? Should they be allowed to or should they be told to go to Iran or Afghanistan
Ask America and English residents , they will tell you that Muslims were NOT discouraged from wearing hijab. It is NOT an offence to wear not wearing hijab in those countries. It is offence in Iran not to wear hijab, period. No matter the volume of tears on Nairaland that will change the law in Iran.
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 5:19pm On Jan 09
Babathanks:

Injustice is implementation or enforcement of law of a country?
Hope your reasoning has no been Nigerialized because it is in Nigeria that non enforcement of a law is rampant.
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 5:22pm On Jan 09
mbaise1000:
and muslims are rushing to America and Europe in droves and calling America the great satan, so you want to dine with the satan
Were everybody in Nigeria are dinning with Satan? Or was there no satanic deeds among Nigerians?
Say something else.
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 5:25pm On Jan 09
CJStarz:

U justification of this dastardly act shows you're a terrorist
This is purely Nigerialized reasoning. Oga Mai turechi, it is dastardly act to enforce law of a country?

1 Like

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 5:33pm On Jan 09
gaskiyamagana:

Ask America and English residents , they will tell you that Muslims were NOT discouraged from wearing hijab. It is NOT an offence to wear not wearing hijab in those countries. It is offence in Iran not to wear hijab, period. No matter the volume of tears on Nairaland that will change the law in Iran.
American and English residents also fought archaic and barbaric laws that segregated and discriminated against people in their societies before Muslims could be allowed to come there and wear hijab.
If it was 16th century English laws that were still in operation till now, Muslims will be burnt at the stake for heresy in England and quartered in America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Timigeofrey(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09
Make them no Gree for anybody again jaree

1 Like

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Babathanks(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09
gaskiyamagana:

Injustice is implementation or enforcement of law of a country?
Hope your reasoning has no been Nigerialized because it is in Nigeria that non enforcement of a law is rampant.
So you are calling enforcing a non Muslim to use hijab as a law?. God why am I sharing the same country with people like you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ณ. Look in the mirror and see how you sound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Babathanks(m): 5:52pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

because u don't agree with the law of a land does not change the fact that its their law...

Can gay pple start marrying themselves in Nigeria...?? It's their law....if u don't like it. Go and hug transformer...
I bet you have never travel outside the country before. this shia islamist take over that country with revolution. I have met alot of Iranian in dubai, Canada and qatar. They all hate this mullars. You can't know more than there citizen, all this mullar impoverished Iran even with them having the highest deposit of crude oil in the world. You would now be seeing Iranian doing menial job in Dubai. You needed to hear the story from them directly and stop supporting rubbish on the internet. Many Iranian are my friends. Nigerians always love bad things and that's why the country would never develop
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 6:09pm On Jan 09
Babathanks:

I bet you have never travel outside the country before. this shia islamist take over that country with revolution. I have met alot of Iranian in dubai, Canada and qatar. They all hate this mullars. You can't know more than there citizen, all this mullar impoverished Iran even with them having the highest deposit of crude oil in the world. You would now be seeing Iranian doing menial job in Dubai. You needed to hear the story from them directly and stop supporting rubbish on the internet. Many Iranian are my friends. Nigerians always love bad things and that's why the country would never develop

All this history will not change fact that... that's it the law over there...just like LGBT people can do any how in Russia....there's no divorce in Philippines..u must die there..
14 years in prison in Nigeria for lgbt... grin

My bone of contention with you pple is this...
Weda is Afghanistan or Iran, or Iraq....the caliphate is rulling right?? So why are u behaving as if u don't know Islamic laws..

U said pple are complaining...The people there follow this laws...and even go to liberal nations and still use their hijabs....so why are u pple making it look like hijab is an evil thing all the women want to refuse....??
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 6:13pm On Jan 09
Kukutente23:

It's unfortunate that you failed to see the sarcasm in my remarks
Again you resort to insults because something is beyond your ability to comprehend.
It's a pity

Telling me I can't comprehend because I disagree with u is annoying and an insult.....I dint have to agree..u dont have to agree.....we can still have a healthy dialogue submitting our views...

I told u earlier...to fvck to hell off
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 6:20pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

Telling me I can't comprehend because I disagree with u is annoying and an insult.....I dint have to agree..u dont have to agree.....we can still have a healthy dialogue submitting our views...

I told u earlier...to fvck to hell off
That you could not comprehend is a fact not an insult. I made a satirical rhetoric and you took it literally. It shows you missed the point.
Telling me I'm not well is not healthy dialogue neither is telling me to fvck off to hell. You even called me mad!
Both outbursts show your emotional lilliputian state and how difficult it is for you to accept when your position on issues is wrong.
It's a pity.
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 6:34pm On Jan 09
Kukutente23:

That you could not comprehend is a fact not an insult. I made a satirical rhetoric and you took it literally. It shows you missed the point.
Telling me I'm not well is not healthy dialogue neither is telling me to fvck off to hell. You even called me mad!
Both outbursts show your emotional lilliputian state and how difficult it is for you to accept when your position on issues is wrong.
It's a pity.

I have told u to fvck off earlier...its not an outburst ... I was tired of dialogue with u because u just kept saying the same thing and it was clear u are one of those that want to be right by all means....

Like I said before man....fvck the hell off
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 6:37pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

I have told u to fvck off earlier...its not an outburst ... I was tired of dialogue with u because u just kept saying the same thing and it was clear u are one of those that want to be right by all means....

Like I said before man....fvck the hell off
Ok
You don't want to be right but you've been arguing with everyone from page 1
Like I said, your abuse shows your lack of emotional maturity
What a pity
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 6:42pm On Jan 09
Kukutente23:

Ok
You don't want to be right but you've been arguing with everyone from page 1
Like I said, your abuse shows your lack of emotional maturity
What a pity

Lol ...Emotional maturity....??
We have heard u....mr mature...

Can u fvck off now.... grin
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by CJStarz: 6:53pm On Jan 09
gaskiyamagana:

This is purely Nigerialized reasoning. Oga Mai turechi, it is dastardly act to enforce law of a country?
Aboki, you support the flogging and brutalization of a woman for refusing to wear a hijab? And you call yourself a human being when you're devoid of sense of balanced judgement and human empathy?
Gosh!
So,no other way to punish her apart from that brutal method?
Na wa to una
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by CJStarz: 6:57pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

u can jump into wateva conclusions u like ..

About the type of punishment....I don't know how they came up with flogging or 2 years in prison.... But u know Nigeria also has 14 years in prison for gay pple....(and I know u are probably not frowning at it because u probably don't like shรฎt fvckers)

Nahhh....those are two extreme cases, that homosexualism are non wearing of hijabs.
I don't support gays. They deserve the jail terms but flogging a woman,who dresses well but refuses to wear is hijab is way out of line.
Preferable she serves two years jail term that being flogged.....by men,I suppose?
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by advanceDNA: 7:01pm On Jan 09
CJStarz:

Nahhh....those are two extreme cases, that homosexualism are non wearing of hijabs.
I don't support gays. They deserve the jail terms but flogging a woman,who dresses well but refuses to wear is hijab is way out of line.
Preferable she serves two years jail term that being flogged.....by men,I suppose?

Hahahaha ..u are now using double standard because u don't support gays.....
Every law has it's reason....na u think say na only head she no cover....u no sabi women... Once hijab fly....cleavage must follow...next na mini skirt.... Hahahahahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Kukutente23: 7:17pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

Lol ...Emotional maturity....??
We have heard u....mr mature...

Can u fvck off now.... grin
Why should I fvck off when you're not the owner of the platform or the thread
If you're no longer interested in the discussion stop quoting me
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Mirasteel: 7:31pm On Jan 09
Hmmmmm
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by CJStarz: 9:48pm On Jan 09
advanceDNA:

Hahahaha ..u are now using double standard because u don't support gays.....
Every law has it's reason....na u think say na only head she no cover....u no sabi women... Once hijab fly....cleavage must follow...next na mini skirt.... Hahahahahhahahaha
Werey๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 12:19am On Jan 10
CJStarz:

Aboki, you support the flogging and brutalization of a woman for refusing to wear a hijab? And you call yourself a human being when you're devoid of sense of balanced judgement and human empathy?
Gosh!
So,no other way to punish her apart from that brutal method?
Na wa to una
That you are tolerated by Nigeria government for refusing to comply with NIGERIA law , so Iran government too should tolerate floating of its law like NIGERIA?

1 Like

Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Somilat: 1:29am On Jan 10
This is enforcing Law and Order. Iran is a country of Law an Order where women commit Felonies, Loiter and are Disorderly! Women in Iran act out and will play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Iran is a Democracy that spreads Freedom. Iran has Values.If you don't like it you can Leave."
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Somilat: 1:32am On Jan 10
CJStarz:

This is enforcing Law and Order. Iran is a country of Law an Order where women commit Felonies, Loiter and are Disorderly! Women in Iran act out and will play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Iran is a Democracy that spreads Freedom. Iran has Values.If you don't like it you can Leave."
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by mbaise1000: 7:33am On Jan 10
gaskiyamagana:

Were everybody in Nigeria are dinning with Satan? Or was there no satanic deeds among Nigerians?
Say something else.
You see trying to divert from my question, I didn't say anything about nigeria in my comment, respond directly to my point, or give up, intelligent people don't enter into or start a war they can't win, next time, know who you want to argue with
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by Aliyu333: 7:36am On Jan 10
zionzoe:

If you dey really vex ... you would have been an exmudslime by now.
Because that is not the Islam I know and practice. Its like saying because of all the things happening in the catholic church u will no longer be christian. People use religion to drive home a whole lot
Re: Iranian Woman Whipped 74 Times For Refusing To Wear Hijab by mbaise1000: 7:39am On Jan 10
HeroicMeastro:

My God!!
English don die for this one hand ๐Ÿ˜‚
Oga, it is not by force. Write in your local language, simple!!
And you have written or shown anything to prove you are good in English not to talk of being better, I stand by everything I wrote knowing things like you will not be able to understand them, BTW, it's always it's always things like you that are insecure that want to impress by trying to show you are something while you are not, I am here all day

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Trump Evacuated From Press Briefing Due To Shooting Outside The White House / Joe Biden Almost Falls On The Air Force One Stairs Again / President Trump Pays Surprise Visit To Supporters Outside Hospital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.