Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor (12353 Views)

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly / Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by EvangelistChuks(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09
yusufu16:
The world doesn't owe you anything and you owe nobody anything in this world
my good people,at the fullness of time ,you will know that you are blessed to be a blessing to others,at the fullness of time .Jesus loves you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Daystar7: 2:56pm On Jan 09
sukkot:
ahhhh nice one bro. Cuz you know some people feel guilty and tend not to even spend at all and try to mirror the lifestyle of the poor so they don’t feel bad. They call them empaths

Nobody feels this way asides few weirdos like urself.
Some people are naturally frugal that's a different case and got nothing to do with trying to mirror the lifestyle of the poor. And pls educate urself on what empathy means
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09
My policy,anything I want and can afford it.i buy it.i no dey calculate money if I really want something.because there were times I had to hold belle and eat wetin I no like because of brokenness, life too short,if I stingy for myself if I can afford it,if person die,na next of kin go clear the account
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by ChiefOkporghe: 3:02pm On Jan 09
tosinhtml:
Extremely NOT.

I used to be that person that over show poor people kindness, but recently I have realised that poor people see what you have and believe you don't deserve it, they look at you & ask themselves why they are not in your position. Anytime someone notices my freehandedness in giving out money, they always try to come up with issues from the family that is of no business of mine just to syphon money out of me.

Today their mother has a broken leg, tomorrow their sister is pregnant but doesn't have money to pay for hospital bills, next tomorrow their Dad is in the hospital and needs 250k for surgery. Their needs are endless.

I still have an open hand to giving to the poor but strategically, I do it to buy loyalty now because the only thing the Nigerian system understands is MONEY.

During Xenophobia retaliation attacks in Jakande Lekki, I saw poor people looting out franchised Shop Rite and their usual tone & consensus was that the Rich owns the place, they buy from there. Why should they be able to purchase those things while we are not able to do the same. I saw old women in their 50s, Men, Ladies & other able bodied men loot electronics and goods from honest people's market with an excuse that they are poor. Random big cars on the road in Jakande were attacked & the excuse was that they are rich, they are the ones stealing Nigerians money.

The poor lives on survival instinct, I can never feel guilty for enjoying the riches God gave me & also from the work I did.

Let them go & work!
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by anslemarinze52(m): 3:02pm On Jan 09
Well I feel same before unlike now. They'll drag you down to their level and insult you on top. I just feel if there is a particular person that you feel is hardworking enough butt not getting the chances, you should help him to rise up too but not by giving him money. By helping him rise up means you could help him with the tools and let him put in the effort himself.
Just like i am doing right now. Though I find it so challenging but I'm hardworking enough which i have decided to dedicate more of these this year and enjoy money in peace by leaving the current neighborhood. I don't card about them, make they stop de drag me down all time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by WantsandMore: 3:03pm On Jan 09
How do you feel living while someone out there is a victim of war crimes, ill health or dying?
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Daystar7: 3:03pm On Jan 09
Why will anyone feel bad to spend money they genuinely worked for? If earned that shit I'ma spend that shit. Only fraudsters, thieves, and corrupt politicians and workers should feel that way not because of the poor but because of the wrath of God.
Useless topics keep getting to the front page of this useless forum.
Seun the bigot come up with something better. Once there's no religious or tribal related issues to drag, u seemingly have nothing else to offer. Empty bigot
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by anslemarinze52(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09
sukkot:
Like you go out to eat all the time and it's in nice restaurants and the bill comes to 10,000 etc etc maybe even more. Do you feel guilty knowing that many are hungry or do you just accept that in life there are levels. Make Everyman dey Hin own level. My own level na to eat 10k food while him own level na to eat 200 naira food . Should you feel guilty ?

So OP things are hard that's right, but one person you can help with something little to help him rise is worth it. You'll see it in their characters, not the lazy ones that are looking for where to leech on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Johnames: 3:05pm On Jan 09
ednut1:
No, you can’t save everyone
Boss , please can you help me to confirm this time in Nigeria 2:30pm Atlantic time?
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Rejouir: 3:14pm On Jan 09
Iro, guilty ni.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by theadeola(m): 3:15pm On Jan 09
I feel absolutely no guilt.

First, I worked for the money. Many of them flat our refuse to work, claiming the money gotten is too small. That tells me they are choosing to remain poor. It may be a choice they don't understand, but it is one they have made. I've been poor before, and I had to make choices that will take me out of it. I had to do jobs I didn't like, infact ones I hated with passion, but I did them because I knew if I didn't, the only other way out is rituals or a life of crime. And that was not an option for me at all.

Second, many of them are entitled. They believe they are where they are because of one rich man's fault or something. Not due to their own choices. And I refuse to feel guilty for other people's choices.

Third, I help when I can, or when I am led of the Lord to. In the past, I used to help people a bit recklessly. But I realized that many poor people DO NOT deserve ANY help. Yes! Many of them despise you for your own money gotten with your own sweat. They wish you were in their position and they were in yours. Once I realized that, I became wiser with giving people money.

Lastly, everyone is where they are for a reason. Knowing this helps me have a clearer head, especially around poor people. It's easy to jump and want to help, but it is wiser to know more details before jumping in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by onuman: 3:20pm On Jan 09
It's a question of when the poor shall soon start eating the rich in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by ednut1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 09
Johnames:
Boss , please can you help me to confirm this time in Nigeria 2:30pm Atlantic time?
you no get google
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by imagrg(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09
The reason why there are too many poor people in the country is the inadequate tax regime in Nigeria. If taxes are adequately enforced, the poor will have some respite.

Most times I feel pissed off seeing people begging to survive. Some even engage in prostitution/fraud because of the ineptitude of the government.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by onuman: 3:25pm On Jan 09
tosinhtml:
Extremely NOT.

I used to be that person that over show poor people kindness, but recently I have realised that poor people see what you have and believe you don't deserve it, they look at you & ask themselves why they are not in your position. Anytime someone notices my freehandedness in giving out money, they always try to come up with issues from the family that is of no business of mine just to syphon money out of me.

Today their mother has a broken leg, tomorrow their sister is pregnant but doesn't have money to pay for hospital bills, next tomorrow their Dad is in the hospital and needs 250k for surgery. Their needs are endless.

I still have an open hand to giving to the poor but strategically, I do it to buy loyalty now because the only thing the Nigerian system understands is MONEY.

During Xenophobia retaliation attacks in Jakande Lekki, I saw poor people looting out franchised Shop Rite and their usual tone & consensus was that the Rich owns the place, they buy from there. Why should they be able to purchase those things while we are not able to do the same. I saw old women in their 50s, Men, Ladies & other able bodied men loot electronics and goods from honest people's market with an excuse that they are poor. Random big cars on the road in Jakande were attacked & the excuse was that they are rich, they are the ones stealing Nigerians money.

The poor lives on survival instinct, I can never feel guilty for enjoying the riches God gave me & also from the work I did.

Let them go & work!

Nobody works for charity sake. But there are the majority in Nigeria who work from morning to night but still remain extremely poor, while the connected to political offices steal the country dry and remain exceedingly rich without any real work.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by sukkot: 3:27pm On Jan 09
Klass99:
No, I don't feel guilty because;

1. I don't spend lavishly rather I spend sensibly and modestly.

2. I am more generous and free with money, than I am with my time and space! Unexpected and random acts of kindness via cash gifts is not a big deal for me. I don't need to know you, if I sense in my spirit to gift someone money I don't hesistate.

3. I earn every naira and kobo I make through honest means, so spending what I legitimately earn doesn't make me feel guilty because others lack or are poor. I am not a rogue politician stealing public funds for personal use why should I feel guilty?

4. In certain cases our life choices create our circumstances. Folks with four or more kids who are poor or struggling do not impact me negatively to a point where I feel guilty about spending my money. I no follow them straff the straff wey born those children, I no send them message.

They make life choices which negatively impacts others, whereas you make choices that don't affect them in a bad way. However, they form the habit of repeatedly using their reggae to spoil your blues.
straff lol
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by bitbillionaire: 3:39pm On Jan 09
If you make your money legitimately, and you work hard for the money and make sacrifices majority of people would not like to make, you don't have to feel guilty spending your money to pamper and spoil yourself whenever you like?

But just make sure you uplift and establish at least one person who is not related to you in any way before you leave this world. And do that now while you are still breathing as no one knows tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by spencekat(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09
StrongAlphMale:
As a man you need to feel guilty spending on a Nigerian parasite knowing fully well that your mom and sisters are there.

[/b]How you can even spend on a girl who cannot spend on you in return baffles me. The question is "what would she give back in return aside her over used kpekpus" ?

Dating a Nigerian girl is the most 3rd foolish thing on earth.[b]
Comrade, this is 2024 naa cheesy.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by spencekat(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09
Klass99:
No, I don't feel guilty because;

1. I don't spend lavishly rather I spend sensibly and modestly.

2. I am more generous and free with money, than I am with my time and space! Unexpected and random acts of kindness via cash gifts is not a big deal for me. I don't need to know you, if I sense in my spirit to gift someone money I don't hesistate.

3. I earn every naira and kobo I make through honest means, so spending what I legitimately earn doesn't make me feel guilty because others lack or are poor. I am not a rogue politician stealing public funds for personal use why should I feel guilty?

4. In certain cases our life choices create our circumstances. Folks with four or more kids who are poor or struggling do not impact me negatively to a point where I feel guilty about spending my money. I no follow them straff the straff wey born those children, I no send them message.

They make life choices which negatively impacts others, whereas you make choices that don't affect them in a bad way. However, they form the habit of repeatedly using their reggae to spoil your blues.
Are you from Cross River or Akwa Ibom?
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by PencilBox: 4:10pm On Jan 09
Abeg someone pleas come to my rescue .
my transport is 2h everyday. And we have over 20days to go before I see salary again.

Any amount is welcomed.
Fidelity Bank
. thanks in anticipation of your help
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by BRATISLAVA: 4:14pm On Jan 09
optimusprime2:
That's almost like saying do you feel guilty working hard when you know many people are lazy...

They aren't always lazy. Sometimes they are unskilled, fearful/doubtful of what they can do, need examples or need some help getting it done.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Golan007: 4:17pm On Jan 09
Watinhapen:
If you feel guilty spending your money then you probably didn’t work hard for it. Everybody can’t be rich, that’s why there’re poor people. Don’t feel guilty spending your own money anyhow you like. You can help the poor whenever and however you can.

I disagree.

You can feel guilty knowing lots of people in society need just the basics, yet you are spending on luxury.

In 2012, I remember I wanted to buy a pair of sneakers and it was 85k.

I could afford it as I was making dollars.

You sef think am.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by YesGodcan(m): 4:25pm On Jan 09
Connect me bros

betshopagent:
Lost 5h k to the bookies this festive period to the bookies. I felt bad and still feeling bad. Not because of myself but because people around me whom I should have gifted that money. I made good 💰 from bet last year. I invested majority of the money but still had some little left overs which I should have gifted but I went for the kill and lost. Anyways, this year is another year, I would bear it in mind. People are struggling real bad. If God provides for me this year; the blessing would go round.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Johnames: 4:45pm On Jan 09
ednut1:
you no get google
Google no dey give me accurate answer
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by EBEk101(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09
Solofresh2:
The only guilts I feel is for myself and my mum in the sense that, overspending knowing fully well that I don't have much with me at that period of time then,spending and having it in mind if my mum is financially secured because she is all have got for now.I can't really feel guilty because I worked for the money so the money I spent is not from charity.
I do charity when I feel I should.

Money wey person work for, this 2024 no gree for anybody

The OP even seem like someone who feels entitled to rich people’s money
How can one even come up with such in a public forum?

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by optimusprime2(m): 4:53pm On Jan 09
BRATISLAVA:

They aren't always lazy. Sometimes they are unskilled, fearful/doubtful of what they can do, need examples or need some help getting it done.

You are very right!
Which further expands on the fact that due to the mixed bag one gets when addressing the issue of poverty(there are many reasons why people are poor and amongst those reasons Laziness is also one of the major reasons), one needs to be rather logical than sentimental in his overall outlook on spending money.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Klass99(f): 5:03pm On Jan 09

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by achimendy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09
sukkot:
Like you go out to eat all the time and it's in nice restaurants and the bill comes to 10,000 etc etc maybe even more. Do you feel guilty knowing that many are hungry or do you just accept that in life there are levels. Make Everyman dey Hin own level. My own level na to eat 10k food while him own level na to eat 200 naira food . Should you feel guilty ?

I don't guilty cos I didn't do anything wrong to anyone. I can only help if I feel like helping, not feeling guilty for my spending.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Karleb(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09
optimusprime2:

You are very right!
Which further expands on the fact that due to the mixed bag one gets when addressing the issue of poverty(there are many reasons why people are poor and amongst those reasons Laziness is also one of the major reasons), one needs to be rather logical than sentimental in his overall outlook on spending money.

Moreover, it's the job of the government to deal with poverty, not you. Unless you are the government tho.

Poor people are also notorious for making poor choices, one of which is the choice of bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by MyAmericandream(f): 5:21pm On Jan 09
StrongAlphMale:
As a man you need to feel guilty spending on a Nigerian parasite knowing fully well that your mom and sisters are there.

How you can even spend on a girl who cannot spend on you in return baffles me. The question is "what would she give back in return aside her over used kpekpus" ?

Dating a Nigerian girl is the most 3rd foolish thing on earth.

We are talking about poor people here, you carry woman matter put. You well so?
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by ufotunang: 5:56pm On Jan 09
Our leaders and politcians do not feel guilty....they eat good quality expensive food everyday and does not feel for majority of poor people whether they have one square meal to eat and do not care how the poor are living and surviving the hard economy
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by femi4: 6:05pm On Jan 09
sukkot:
Lavishly? With the situation of the Country, people are spending based on their pockets not how they want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Simply Can't Allow The Naira To Float - Osinbajo / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit 3-year High At $33.112 Billion / Lagosians Have 8 Days To Pay Their Taxes Or Face Prosecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.