Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor (12326 Views)

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly / Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by sukkot: 9:49am On Jan 09
Like you go out to eat all the time and it's in nice restaurants and the bill comes to 10,000 etc etc maybe even more. Do you feel guilty knowing that many are hungry or do you just accept that in life there are levels. Make Everyman dey Hin own level. My own level na to eat 10k food while him own level na to eat 200 naira food . Should you feel guilty ?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Solofresh2: 10:08am On Jan 09
The only guilts I feel is for myself and my mum in the sense that, overspending knowing fully well that I don't have much with me at that period of time then,spending and having it in mind if my mum is financially secured because she is all have got for now.I can't really feel guilty because I worked for the money so the money I spent is not from charity.
I do charity when I feel I should.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by sukkot: 10:25am On Jan 09
Solofresh2:
The only guilts I feel is for myself and my mum in the sense that, overspending knowing fully well that I don't have much with me at that period of time then,spending and having it in mind if my mum is financially secured because she is all have got for now.I can't really feel guilty because I worked for the money so the money I spent is not from charity.
I do charity when I feel I should.
ahhhh nice one bro. Cuz you know some people feel guilty and tend not to even spend at all and try to mirror the lifestyle of the poor so they don’t feel bad. They call them empaths

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Necrophagia: 10:27am On Jan 09
I feel bad for myself for being poor

Who gives af about others ??

46 Likes

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by A305: 11:05am On Jan 09
Op, for you to come up with this topic. It means you are very privileged and comfortable in life. However back to the topic.

Yes, sometimes the rich feel a sense of guilt when they spend lavishly knowing fully well there are lots of people that will feed on their excess expenditure, this is why many resort to church donations, charity donations, Radom act of kindness online/offline, secret donation and give away, celebrating their birthday in hospital, charity homes, motherless homes and donation.

Not all rich folks thinks this way though, rich people who grew up in penury, squalor and in poverty are the once who thinks this way.

People who grew up in wealth barely thinks this way; they experience life as a different class and level because they haven't tasted poverty before— yes most trust fund wealthy kids are overtly classist.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by tosinhtml: 12:30pm On Jan 09
Extremely NOT.

I used to be that person that over show poor people kindness, but recently I have realised that poor people see what you have and believe you don't deserve it, they look at you & ask themselves why they are not in your position. Anytime someone notices my freehandedness in giving out money, they always try to come up with issues from the family that is of no business of mine just to syphon money out of me.

Today their mother has a broken leg, tomorrow their sister is pregnant but doesn't have money to pay for hospital bills, next tomorrow their Dad is in the hospital and needs 250k for surgery. Their needs are endless.

I still have an open hand to giving to the poor but strategically, I do it to buy loyalty now because the only thing the Nigerian system understands is MONEY.

During Xenophobia retaliation attacks in Jakande Lekki, I saw poor people looting out franchised Shop Rite and their usual tone & consensus was that the Rich owns the place, they buy from there. Why should they be able to purchase those things while we are not able to do the same. I saw old women in their 50s, Men, Ladies & other able bodied men loot electronics and goods from honest people's market with an excuse that they are poor. Random big cars on the road in Jakande were attacked & the excuse was that they are rich, they are the ones stealing Nigerians money.

The poor lives on survival instinct, I can never feel guilty for enjoying the riches God gave me & also from the work I did.

Let them go & work!

118 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Klass99(f): 12:42pm On Jan 09

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by dominique(f): 12:44pm On Jan 09
Yes I do sometimes especially when I know there are some of my people with pressing financial needs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by DrChukki: 12:47pm On Jan 09
It happens to me most times... But I accept that as a reality if life... By the way, the best way to help the poor is not by living poor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Icon4s(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09
ok

1 Like

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Solofresh2: 12:47pm On Jan 09
sukkot:
ahhhh nice one bro. Cuz you know some people feel guilty and tend not to even spend at all and try to mirror the lifestyle of the poor so they don’t feel bad. They call them empaths
I don't think there is any emphat that will say because he is not sure if others have not eaten,he will not eat.Better hunger never catch am lol.
Do you also know that emphats have self pity for themselves too.I am an emphat and I have learnt that there should be limit to it because you have yourself to protect as well.I can give out to people if they ask me but that should not stop me from doing my thing because I have worked for the money.

Only people without unclean hands will feel guilty spending money because of their conscience

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by StrongAlphMale: 12:47pm On Jan 09
As a man you need to feel guilty spending on a Nigerian parasite knowing fully well that your mom and sisters are there.

How you can even spend on a girl who cannot spend on you in return baffles me. The question is "what would she give back in return aside her over used kpekpus" ?

Dating a Nigerian girl is the most 3rd foolish thing on earth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by bouncin04(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09
Yes , infact its always my major pain when I gamble away a huge amount of money .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Omosojiad: 12:47pm On Jan 09
Well, I no dey spend lavishly Sha... I dey try do my part
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Righthussle: 12:47pm On Jan 09
I don't feel guilty spending my hard earned money the way I like.

I think you should ask pulpit bandits that steal from the gullible to buy private jets and luxury cars.

Ask the thieves that go about collecting money from the gullible claiming they are working for the maker of the universe only to use the money to build expensive schools.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by flexyrule(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09
Lol
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by accordadoga25(f): 12:47pm On Jan 09
Hehehehe

I don't spend lavishly and even if I do, guilty ke?

Who no get money make he go do okietebor carry cocaine
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Ireportlive: 12:48pm On Jan 09
No

2 Likes

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by iCauseTrouble: 12:48pm On Jan 09
sad
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by verybadmouth(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09
It's fine to enjoy your life big and be happy but you still need to remember that people are not as lucky as you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Olam09(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09
Nah
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by BiGVEEN58(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by sofeo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 09
Alright.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by paba(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09
Wey i dey work my ass out for my dough Omo make somebody smile but no forget say you be somebody too...
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by DrAda(f): 12:49pm On Jan 09
No but then again I have never spent lavishly and hope to one day

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by saasala(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09
Never

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by flexyrule(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09
Lol

In the first place, how do you even spend lavishly when you're poor?

You didn't even say "when you're broke".
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by betshopagent(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09
Lost 5h k to the bookies this festive period to the bookies. I felt bad and still feeling bad. Not because of myself but because people around me whom I should have gifted that money. I made good 💰 from bet last year. I invested majority of the money but still had some little left overs which I should have gifted but I went for the kill and lost. Anyways, this year is another year, I would bear it in mind. People are struggling real bad. If God provides for me this year; the blessing would go round.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Juniorangel(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09
Capital No. And nobody would feel guilty for you if you trade places.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09
No one cares about me when I was poor , I helped the best I can if I wish and I cannot kill myself for others

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by faceland: 12:50pm On Jan 09
NO!

I am one of the 'talakawas'. But if I have, I would not waste it nor feel guilty spending my honest, hard-earned money.
Re: Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor by Klass99(f): 12:50pm On Jan 09

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit 3-year High At $33.112 Billion / Doing Business With 300,000 Naira Capital? / GTBank Tries To Force Dollar Mastercard On A Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.