Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. (30828 Views)

COAS-General Lagbaja: Soldier Who Insulted Gov. Sanwo-olu Arrested / Picture Of Major General Lagbaja The New Chief Of Army Staff On The Front Line / My life is at risk'-Reno Omokri raise alarm over verbal attacks and ban petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Abagworo(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09
ivolt:
Other clowns should take note.
One recruit would be used as scapegoat.

One stolen valor idiot even said Sanwo Olu is power drunk for arresting a soldier riding on one way.
He said Sanwo Olu should have apologised immediately the rider identified as a soldier.

Arresting any offender including Sanwo Olu is right but using abusive words and show of arrogance as disrespect for the Nigerian Army is wrong on Sanwo Olu's part . Personally I've lost every regards I had for him prior to that on false belief of him being educated and humble.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Iamzik: 6:26pm On Jan 09
Racoon:
Yes! Soldier violated the law by driving against traffic laws but cursing or calling the soldier useless is not statemanly from a governor. Soldiers have been saving the asses of these politicians while being used for their dirty works. Lekki tollplaza massacre comes to mind.

Yet the soldier can call you a bloody civilians and shoot at protester to kill.

The entire military and sanwo olu himself are useless that is why they have no respect for each other
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09
Is it that this man doesn't know soldiers are one of those that break traffic laws most? They drive against traffic A LOT, ride bikes on roads where bikes are banned, and in many cases don't even pay transport fare... Na why those buses for my area no dey gree pick them, shey them no dey pay them salary ni
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by fabolouz1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09
Discipline him , the military is known for that.

1 Like

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by gassbee: 6:33pm On Jan 09
You dont talk like to the CEO of a State, d investigation is commended if at all anything wil come out of it
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by YorubaDemonswag: 6:34pm On Jan 09
The useless soldier should be fire
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Subonbon(m): 6:37pm On Jan 09
Being lawful in a lawless society
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by BabaO2: 6:38pm On Jan 09
Soldiers are not above other Nigerians, he should show us the soldier under investigation where he's being interogated. He should go further and arrest the army impersonator wearing army cap badge upsidedown
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Misterone: 6:39pm On Jan 09
Racoon:
Yes! Soldier violated the law by driving against traffic laws but cursing or calling the soldier useless is not statemanly from a governor. Soldiers have been saving the asses of these politicians while being used for their dirty works. Lekki tollplaza massacre comes to mind.
is it when the one way driving causes to a serious accident you will realise that accident's does not know a soldier or civilian? Mr man, get sense small. Everything should not be about opposition politics.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by pikechukwu6(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09
Who violate traffic more than the useful Politicians... it's now soldier and the clown is insulting his guide. I blame the military undecided
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by GanagiBitrus: 6:46pm On Jan 09
Steve0979:
and u believe wat d coas said that d soja is in custody n under investigation hmmmm.
I don't think there is anything to investigate. That soldier shoud be dismissed immediately.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by mastermaestro(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09
Racoon:

Stop being blinded by politics in everything. The guy deserved all the insults. He was a lawbreaker wearing plain clothes who could not be immediately identified as a soldier.

In the first place, the dumb dude should never have mentioned that he was a soldier. He brought disrepute upon himself and the military that prides itself as a highly cultured organization.

The governor was even nice to him. Let someone like Wike or El Rufai handle him, you wouldn't find words to support the outlaw. angry

1 Like

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by kasim155: 6:47pm On Jan 09
Good day everyone,
Please I want to ask what is the procedure in correcting my names arrangement in my international passport.
My first name was used as my middle name, while my middle name was used as my first name, but in my NIN and my other documents, the arrangement of my first and middle names are rightly placed.
Please, how can I correct the arrangement in my international passport.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Walkat9t: 6:51pm On Jan 09
That man that called himself a soilder should be thoroughly investigated. Because I don't see reason a senior officer in the army should be referring to a sitting Governor of a state in such manner. If this officer is not called to order others will follow sooth. Or has he forgotten that the Governor is the chief Security Officer of a state?
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by hedonido: 7:04pm On Jan 09
Abagworo:

Arresting any offender including Sanwo Olu is right but using abusive words and show of arrogance as disrespect for the Nigerian Army is wrong on Sanwo Olu's part . Personally I've lost every regards I had for him prior to that on false belief of him being educated and humble.

I don't know why some of you are being unreasonably emotional about a non issue. A rascal looking boy dressed in rags was apprehended flouting a traffic rule. In the heat of his being apprehended, he arrogantly declares "I'm a soldier sir", to an already irritated governor. The I'm a soldier sir, is it supposed to attract respect, reprieve, exemption, or what exactly?

Now, the governor rightly retorts that, "that's the more reason I will lock you up" (as in, as a soldier, you're supposed to be more disciplined and as such should be held to a higher standard of conduct). The governor then murmurs, 'useless boy'. He didn't say useless soldier. He said useless boy. What exactly has that got to do with the Nigerian Army?

How does the errant behaviour of one "useless boy" represent the Nigerian Army? Some of you need to have your brains reset with very astringent cleansing agents.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by FireUpNow(m): 7:05pm On Jan 09
Everybody dey deny anything

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by BadBradley: 7:05pm On Jan 09
ivolt:
Other clowns should take note.
One recruit would be used as scapegoat.

One stolen valor idiot even said Sanwo Olu is power drunk for arresting a soldier riding on one way.
He said Sanwo Olu should have apologised immediately the rider identified as a soldier.
most of Nigeria's certified idiots are online and very much on Nairaland.

To think that these fools actually believe that soldiers are above civil authorities is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Beuberry(f): 7:14pm On Jan 09
Melagros:
What would you expect from the chief of army staff? if he doesn't shield or support his brother
So let's assume Gen Lagbaja is igbó or Hausa bearing General Ojukwu or General Buhari, what ll you v said?
Dey use ya sense!
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Beuberry(f): 7:17pm On Jan 09
Racoon:
What's the definition of useless?
It's a person who should know better but decided to act like a novice. A useful soldier ll not pass one way if there's no occurrence to warrant such.
Now to ya life Mr Racoon or Rakumi, you v never seen anything good in Sanwoolu or Tinubu. To you, everything is political. You detest for APC is highly recognized. The war, hatred and campaign of calumny you preach ll only consume you & ya minions. Keep beating drums of war.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by captainbangz: 7:17pm On Jan 09
Nothing will happen, e be like most of you no know how the army works.
If the verbal insult was against his superior in the army, something will happen.
The captain Tijanni Balalarbe or so that was involved in kidnapping with one Wadume from Taraba, last time i heard the man was on a course to be a Major. Someone that ordered the shooting of Police men that arrested Wadume and aided his escape. But Wadume dey Prison.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Beuberry(f): 7:18pm On Jan 09
Chicagograduate:
The governor should also be condemned for insulting a traffic offender because politicians and their convoys breaks traffic laws all the time.
Ok. Let's serve everyone hot tea.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by DKM123: 7:19pm On Jan 09
Good! Following one way is wrong and can lead to casualty. Sanwo did the right thing and doesn't deserve to be insulted for standing against such indiscipline.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by countryman13: 7:21pm On Jan 09
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CZKLWlo_Nc?si=L_kywbs589sfqv6R

He said that the soldier that was arrested for riding against the flow of traffic does not represent the army, because the army believes in discipline and respect for the law. He said that only one soldier made a video to condemn Governor Sanwo-Olu and he is under investigation. He also said that the people in the other videos were not soldiers (they were wearing fake uniforms, etc) and he described them as comedians.

Previous threads:

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada
https://www.nairaland.com/7955936/governor-sanwo-olu-orders-arrest-soldier

Soldier Reacts To Video Of Governor Sanwo-Olu Arresting His Colleague (Photos)
https://www.nairaland.com/7957774/soldier-reacts-video-governor-sanwo-olu
Na today? soldiers are trouble makers arm of d NA! D chap just did his work bt should be quickly reminded dt @Gov Sanwo-Olu no b em Papa mate! Politics aside, d Gov is far above d miscreant chanting he wish dt d incidence happened up north.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by emperor4love(m): 7:29pm On Jan 09
Sanwo go catch another again wen he decide to fiah one way commuters out
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Subonbon(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09
Being lawful in a lawless society undecided
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Interoma(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09
Let start making the corrections, if some wrongs have been made in the past, it's not too late to start making the changes, wrong is wrong, so let us condem anything that is wrong, driving against traffic laws is a big offence, that can take innocent live of other people.
It may be you or someone else.
Nobody is bigger than the law.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by biafranrealson: 7:38pm On Jan 09
General wey never face war before
How does this issue now solve the killings in the middle belt ?
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by mannobi(m): 7:56pm On Jan 09
Melagros:
What would you expect from the chief of army staff? if he doesn't shield or support his brother
You are just a useless oloriburuku. Tribalism has finished your destiny
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by PHAYOL81: 8:07pm On Jan 09
The thing about NIGERIANS is that most o them don't really care about law-abiding and well-organized/structured society until/unless the situation directly have negative effect on them. Imagine the overwhelming support a lawbreaker (and a uniform man at that )gathered because he was caught in a loathed state of some and especially by an individual they equally dislike

MAY GOD BLESS AND PROTECT LAGOS STATE IN THE FACE OF BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ENEMITY AND ATTACKS
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by djseanjohn77: 8:16pm On Jan 09
Racoon:

Is lawlessness not a stupid act?
Is lawlessness not a criminal act?
In a saner clime, military get arrested often once they violate the law. They even get punished by the military once released. Military are known to be law-abiding, the first to respect law and order, cos they are highly trained to be disciplined. So he is stupid to have gone against the law, in fact, he is useless and not fit to be called a military.
Re: General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. by Alliswell248: 8:18pm On Jan 09
Melagros:

Keep deceiving yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Oil Explosion In Okpare-Olomu Delta State, Community River On Fire. Photos / Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan / Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.