Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

My Experience At Work Today - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience At Work Today (14591 Views)

How Did You Get To Work today as a result of the removal of subsidy? / My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Rexymania(m): 11:02am On Jan 10
Lol you're not serious. Go to work first and complain to them, then they will give you time to see a doctor.....instead of telling them you will be coming late for work. Na your papa get the company?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Work Today by remiopash: 11:13am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:
I got a job with a small micro finance company some months back.
And I have been doing my job effectively without any complain

I notice I was having chest pain throughout Sunday, so I had to call my supervisor that I will be late to work on Monday morning because I needed to visit the doctor...
I'm not the type that take permission from work
I was at the hospital when my supervisor called me that the manager said I shouldn't bother to come to work again on that day , I thought maybe they wanted me to rest

Lo and behold, I got to work this morning, my boss said I should handover all the companies properties with me that I have been relief of my job.
I pleaded to him but he wouldn't listen to my pleas

Thank God he paid me January salary and gave me 3 rubbers of rice.
Do not beg.if they call you back,tell them to go to hell. Tell them you want to work where they value human life.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by remiopash: 11:17am On Jan 10
Rexymania:
Lol you're not serious. Go to work first and complain to them, then they will give you time to see a doctor.....instead of telling them you will be coming late for work. Na your papa get the company?

That is wrong.Chest pain is a medical emergency ,in a sane clime. What about if anything happens to him before he got to work ? The same people would blame him knowing full well that ,he wont be there to defend himself.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by santaclaws: 11:18am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

I notice I was having chest pain throughout Sunday, so I had to call my supervisor that I will be late to work on Monday morning because I needed to visit the doctor...
I was at the hospital when my supervisor called me that the manager said I shouldn't bother to come to work again on that day , I thought maybe they wanted me to rest

Lo and behold, I got to work this morning, my boss said I should handover all the companies properties with me that I have been relief of my job.

Thank God and move on. That's a toxic workplace where they don't value your health and life. If, God forbid, you die while working day and night for them, they'd move on and employ a new person the following day...

When you get the right job or start the right business, you'll understand that it was all a blessing in disguise.

All the best! πŸ™πŸΎ

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Shadysen: 11:19am On Jan 10
osmosis101:
Say d trut bro,u already had an issue on ground bfore.... Or u a lazy type
stop saying what you dont know, some bosses are feeling like gods especially when they remember the job situation in nigeria. I had the same experience too.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by BarrElChapo(m): 11:20am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

Micro finance bank and no HMO. You’re better off without them. Update your CV and good luck with your search.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Sermwell(m): 11:21am On Jan 10
remiopash:
Do not beg.if they call you back,tell them to go to hell. Tell them you want to work where they value human life.
So you think a company that fired him just like that will call to beg? Dey play

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Angelfrost(m): 11:21am On Jan 10
Laying you off was wrong.

They've probably been looking for an excuse to do that.

This is why I talk about the glaring absence of enforceable Labor Laws to protect workers in public and private sectors of this nation.

No employer will try such nonsense abroad...!

Nigeria is such a lawless country!
Re: My Experience At Work Today by zebszebs: 11:22am On Jan 10

grin grin grin

Do you work on a commission-based salary?

Nigerian employers will never make heaven

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by BloomingDale(f): 11:23am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

I measured it when I got home

lol. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜€
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Shadysen: 11:23am On Jan 10
This is how they behaves, wickedness upon wickedness, i see shit in coca-cola, this guys are domons no pity for humans. Coco cola Ph.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by spiSeyi: 11:25am On Jan 10
LooneyLester:
Kudos to your boss

He did the right thing
Are you okay up there angry

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by ppogba: 11:26am On Jan 10
Ordinary Kurekure Micro finance sacked someone for calling office for being sick.

And one idiot was here a few days ago telling us UBA staff are complaining about Elumelu.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by ppogba: 11:27am On Jan 10
Angelfrost:
Laying you off was wrong.

They've probably been looking for an excuse to do that.

This is why I talk about the glaring absence of enforceable Labor Laws to protect workers in public and private sectors of this nation.

No employer will try such nonsense abroad...!

Nigeria is such a lawless country!

Thank God you mentioned public sector. I was thinking you were going to exempt the sector.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by YourGFsnatcher: 11:27am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

Sorry about that bro. Bigger things are coming

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by flakkypastries: 11:34am On Jan 10
Rexymania:
It wasn't easy, I couldn't manage myself to work, I was unable to sleep throughout the night.
I might collapse at work

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:36am On Jan 10
Wey be say for yankee here..when I no dey ok.i go just send them message on telegram and their reply na.get well soon.Naija employers are sadists. There was a day we had meeting,dem come my office tell me make we dey go meeting.i tell dem say I lost my friend in Naija to an accident.Hr say make I dey go house go rest.i tell dem say no need,but I just prefer to stay in the office and not talk.Most oyibo dey caring about the mental and physical health of their workers .But Naija.lol.na zoo.God go give you anoda job.no worry

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At Work Today by misscjkeyz(f): 11:36am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

lol grin grin grin grin funny you.

Anyways,sorry for your job loss,hope you're better now?
Better days ahead.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by flakkypastries: 11:38am On Jan 10
misscjkeyz:

lol grin grin grin grin funny you.

Anyways,sorry for your job loss,hope you're better now?
Better days ahead.
I'm getting better and thanks
I have been placed on medication

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Newsfeed123: 11:40am On Jan 10
Portable Celebrate as he Receive his New Mercedes Benz Car after he Losing his Brabus B

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xz-QXUhB04
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Juniorangel(m): 11:42am On Jan 10
Health over Wealth
Re: My Experience At Work Today by omolola100(f): 11:42am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

I'm not surprised
Issue like this happened where I work, there is a woman who has been having miscarriage due to stress, she had miscarriage twice , and when she got pregnant again, she took permission to see the doctor and they told her to rest for two days, when she came back to school the Proprietor sacked her without even paying her..the most funniest part of it is that there is no replacement yet for her

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Work Today by Rexymania(m): 11:43am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

It wasn't easy, I couldn't manage myself to work, I was unable to sleep throughout the night.
I might collapse at work

Well Allah will open a better place for you. One door closes, another one will open
Re: My Experience At Work Today by Sonfethopia: 11:43am On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

U be legend
Re: My Experience At Work Today by flakkypastries: 11:48am On Jan 10
Rexymania:

Well Allah will open a better place for you. One door closes, another one will open
Amen
Re: My Experience At Work Today by flakkypastries: 11:59am On Jan 10
LooneyLester:
Kudos to your boss

He did the right thing
Ah
Re: My Experience At Work Today by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

But "this morning" is already Wednesday nah.

What happened on Tuesday??

Modified: Ok, the post was made yesterday, Tuesday.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by muyico(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10
Micro financial bank! Need heathy staff not person wey just start work,wey don dey fall in sick
Re: My Experience At Work Today by membranus: 12:28pm On Jan 10
WantsandMore:
Most Nigerians workspace are still stuck on the classical rule of thumb. Productivity over Psychological/Emotional health

They do that because they know that there are limited job opportunities out there, and enough hands for replacement.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by sherylbaky(f): 12:37pm On Jan 10
Queenmark:

I feel there is more to this story than what you are sharing. No organization especially microfiance is willing to let go of a hardworking staff because one day absence.
Lol.... It's obvious you are one of the lucky ones. I guess you never worked in a startup or toxic environment.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by nedekid: 12:38pm On Jan 10
I do not think the whole story has been told. Hear from the companies side before making comments.
Re: My Experience At Work Today by regenerateman(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10
flakkypastries:

It was in July 2023 that you sought the opinion on this forum whether to take a bank cleaner job in ondo or Househelp job in Abuja. People advised you to take the bank cleaner job instead of househelp job. I believe it was the bank cleaner job you finally settled for and you
wee doing prior to your sack. It is also on this forum that you posted how you were working with a company that sells phones and sim cards on commission basis. You could not cope bc the company refused to provide their company buses for to market their products as a result of the increase in fuel prices bc of subsidy removal. The question now is: Must you work for somebody? Can't you start something on your own? My advice for you in 2024 is for to start your own biz even if it is selling of pure water by the road side. I believe you are a lady. The Bible says whatever we do, it will prosper. It is not the salary we collect we prosper us. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Write A Resume That Gets You Hired: 6 Common Resume Mistakes To Avoid / President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme / Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.