Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

400k Salary, but nothing. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 400k Salary, but nothing. (31995 Views)

A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA / 82K Monthly Salary But Confused On How To Go About Saving Something / Peace Corps Not Getting Any Salary But Are Paying Over N45,000 To Join, In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by bigiyaro(m): 11:47am On Jan 11
Cut your life style to 150k a month. After all millions of people are surviving on 100k a month.

1 Like

Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Rinoxy: 11:48am On Jan 11
tallfish145:
400k too small for family of 4? Are u kidding me?
No mind am. Like say no be same naija we all dey.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Rinoxy: 11:54am On Jan 11
chiboycue:

You are a big boy earning N400,000 per month. Most civil servants in Nigeria do not earn as much as N400,000 per month. You need to cultivate the habit of saving money and fixing the money that you have saved so it can yield dividend for you. Avoid unnecessary expenses. Dont be living in a place where you are paying house rent of 1milion annually. Put your children in a good less expensive public school instead of an expensive private school. You would not have done forex with as much as N2 million. You can do other things like affiliate marketing and blogging inorder to support your income. You need to empower your wife as well.
How promising is blogging in supporting one's income? I've tried that before.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Rinoxy: 11:58am On Jan 11
skultrick:

Just in case you eventually see this comment, oga the truth is that 400k is very small.

I am a single man, and I over the last 6 months I spend on average 300k.

Mind you I don't have a girlfriend, I don't club, and I don't womanise.

I have to squeeze to spend 300k

So of you have 3 people to feed and very frugal, perhaps 350k would be enough. Which leaves you with 50k savings. No school fees yet.

You main aim should be to earn more that's the only way because inflation is very high and naira is very weak for a country that depends mainly on importation.

Experts are already forecasting a weaker naira in 2024.

You need to start a business, at 1m should do.

To save for a business, find a way to cut down on reoccurring expenses, even if the family have to go hungry for a while. If you can save 150k in the next 6 months you should have almost 1m.
My guy, 400k is still NOT small in this Nigeria. Because u spend 300k monthly as a single for whatever reason doesn't make ur assertion the reality for others.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Rinoxy: 12:08pm On Jan 11
Rejouir:
Someone just saved 4.1m still own a car o! And pays rent. from a 150k job, and you earn 400k and haven't saved shi shi.

Hmmm, this marriage of a thing ehn,a huge financial burden is tied on it. But most won't know till they sign in. You are lucky earn such, because majority on this forum haven't seen a salary of even 50k some are still looking forward to N power.
Pls can u give an insight to how that person achieved all u listed with a 150k job?
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Rinoxy: 12:12pm On Jan 11
Chizy12345:
people are earning 50k and they're leaving comfortable. village at work
True, they are LIVING COMFORTABLY.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by rruggedity: 12:24pm On Jan 11
If you and your family can’t manage 400k monthly salary..’ you and your family will never make it in life again...I have seen a bus driver living a good life with salary of 50k 40k 60k..’

Bro you are gone if you can’t manage 400k salary.. you will never make it in life again...
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Love800(m): 12:24pm On Jan 11
How will it be of help?
dawnomike:
Join a cooperative society
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by coolqayy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11
its has been like this until my friends uncle moved his family to a good low cost area , open provision store (mini mart) for her , he scouts near his workplace and visit family on weekends.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Rejouir: 1:05pm On Jan 11
Rinoxy:

Pls can u give an insight to how that person achieved all u listed with a 150k job?
but he earns commission, and yearly profit share. Lol
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by captaininiobong(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11
Duyt1798:
Hi guys!

I hope this my post gets to the FP, so I can get insights from a wider audience; even I know some might not make sense, but one thing I've learnt from the short time I joined this platform, is that - sense dey inside nonsense.

Pardon me, my write fit dey a bit lengthy.

I currently work with a multi-national startup coy. My net pay is a bit above 400k naira (this's at the moment), I've worked for about 2 years. I'm married with two kids and expecting the third.

Now my dilemma is that, I've not been able to save up funds, I feel like my living condition doesn't reflect what I earn. Shingbai like this, I no get for account. The last I could remember, I go deep hand for forex, e nearly give me hypertension (I lost about 2m). I still dey pay debt wey I incur as a result.

Now where I need assistance is, looking at the amount I'm earning, how do I spend? Please for those that will be kind enough to give suggestions, let it practically explained, as in help me break am down to the amount wey I suppose spend, how I suppose spend am, and wetin I suppose save.

I believe say many family people dey here wey get better experiences.

Thanks πŸ™.

Call your wife, sit together and plan this well.a

Buy foodstuff in plenty quantity. Make budget for the most crucial needs, have a plan b for a side hustle especially if your wifey isn't working, even if it's buying and selling food stuffs , save and get a land if you are still a tenant, reduce spending on expenses that are not needed e.g subscribing dstv for 30k when you know you only watch few channels or don't even have time to watch, plan for your retirement because the 400k won't be there any longer and you will face life with the 4 people under you.

Don't spend money on unnecessary things. Watch what you spend for on a daily. You can save money for meal while your wife cooks for you to take to work.

With the woman by you, you will be able to understand and plan out things sucessfully. Don't hide anything from her. That's why you guys got married.

1 Like

Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by dfrost: 1:46pm On Jan 11
ppogba:

Totally agree with you but the truth is, Richest man in Babylon is a game changer.
All you can ever need for financial wisdom is in that book. I disregarded it for over 15 years and can only say, I regretted my action.

Surely, everything is not about books but the message for our friend is, if he is sacked today, he will survive on N100,000 monthly for months before getting another job.

The bolded is the truth, Nothing aside from it.

1 Like

Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by dawnomike(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11
Love800:
How will it be of help?
It enables you to save and also partake in thrufts savings. This enables you to have access to kumpsome of funds when you need such for business/investments
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by TYCO77: 2:13pm On Jan 11
[color=#000099][/color]
Duyt1798:
Hi guys!

I hope this my post gets to the FP, so I can get insights from a wider audience; even I know some might not make sense, but one thing I've learnt from the short time I joined this platform, is that - sense dey inside nonsense.

I currently work with a multi-national startup coy. My net pay is a bit above 400k naira (this's at the moment), I've worked for about 2 years. I'm married with two kids and expecting the third.

Now my dilemma is that, I've not been able to save up funds, I feel like my living condition doesn't reflect what I earn. Shingbai like this, I no get for account. The last I could remember, I go deep hand for forex, e nearly give me hypertension (I lost about 2m). I still dey pay debt wey I incur as a result.

Now where I need assistance is, looking at the amount I'm earning, how do I spend? Please for those that will be kind enough to give suggestions, let it practically explained, as in help me break am down to the amount wey I suppose spend, how I suppose spend am, and wetin I suppose save.

Thanks πŸ™.

No amount will be enough for you even if you are earning millions without planning and sacrifice. You may plan like: 40k your tithe if you are a Christian, 72k savings for future investment, 144k for your family upkeep(remember sacrifices are to be made), self payment 43k, accommodation 20k, then emergency 81k. God helping you no emergency situation plough the fund to your savings for investment
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by captaininiobong(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11
bigiyaro:
Cut your life style to 150k a month. After all millions of people are surviving on 100k a month.

My bro not with 3kids and wife. It's singles that manage that kind of funds. Well. How about people earning 30k
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by skultrick(m): 2:27pm On Jan 11
Rinoxy:

My guy, 400k is still NOT small in this Nigeria. Because I spend 300k monthly as a single for whatever reason doesn't make ur assertion the reality for others.

Whatever you believe is okay, I rest my case.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Love800(m): 2:30pm On Jan 11
Ok.
Where are cooperatives sited?
dawnomike:
It enables you to save and also partake in thrufts savings. This enables you to have access to kumpsome of funds when you need such for business/investments
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Sunnymatey(m): 2:45pm On Jan 11
If I were you, I'll assume my salary to be 300k.
The xtra 100k will be save every month compulsorily.
Priotize on saving to acqiure an assets rather than saving cash for the fun of it. This way, you'll get your household support. Even your kids can forgo their biscuit cus daddy want to buy a big house.
That is, save for a target purpose(s) and not just keeping cash aside.
You may also consider taking a loan to finance your asset acquisition.
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by dawnomike(m): 3:23pm On Jan 11
Love800:
Ok.
Where are cooperatives sited?
You can join anyone in your city or join those reliabpe one online
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Love800(m): 3:28pm On Jan 11
Ok.
Thankz so much
dawnomike:
You can join anyone in your city or join those reliabpe one online
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Gerrard59(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11
emmaodet:

I don't know what people enjoy in many kids.
If you talk now, they will tell you to shut up that they are capable and can feed their kids. As if life is all about feeding alone. Even the feeding
Their lives and daily calendar is sooo Soo boring and predictable.
Monday to Friday, go to work and yansh your madam in-between, Saturday is for any event like burial or wedding invited to by co-workers, Sunday church. Finish
Yet they will be the one to first scream I can feed my kids that is why I have 5

Sometimes, I am glad they have more kids provided I get to benefit from the arrangement. As long as no one tries to put the burden of taking care of their offspring and I am not living in their midst, no problem. I know how to extract benefits from such people to my advantage.

2 Likes

Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Obierika(m): 3:45pm On Jan 11
nicho450:

Now that they are in Canada, how about the house?

It will remain as an investment

1 Like

Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by occfx: 4:01pm On Jan 11
Duyt1798:
Hi guys!

Thanks πŸ™.

Reduce your standard of living or borrow loan to increase cash flow. 400k is just $400 or less. E no reach anywhere
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Vijuchoco(f): 4:05pm On Jan 11
Paramount01:

128kas a single lady not bad
Hmmmm.. I've added business to it, the money no dey reach again cheesy
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Paramount01(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11
Vijuchoco:
Hmmmm.. I've added business to it, the money no dey reach again cheesy

You base where?
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Quebec91(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11
cheesy
IkeGod9891:
Wch kind work dey pay like dis?
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by emmaodet: 4:57pm On Jan 11
Gerrard59:

Sometimes, I am glad they have more kids provided I get to benefit from the arrangement. As long as no one tries to put the burden of taking care of their offspring and I am not living in their midst, no problem. I know how to extract benefits from such people to my advantage.

grin grin
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by OvertheTop(m): 5:05pm On Jan 11
Duyt1798:
Hi guys!

Thanks πŸ™.

The 4 Family Man Deadliest Expenses are:

1. House Rent (Look for a way to get the Cheapest Rent eg 350k to 400k/Year max)
2. School Fee ( look for the Cheapest School with Quality)
3. Transport ( Think of a Way to reduce it too)
4. Food Stuff for Home: (Food in Bulk buying)
5. Get your Wife to Support by Setting up a Business for Her (she must contribute o eg she can Handle Food Stuff while you handle the Rest)
6. Stop having MORE Kids
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by constance500: 5:07pm On Jan 11
Duyt1798:
Hi guys!

Thanks πŸ™.
Download piggyvest, activate auto save, either daily, weekly, monthly or manually and lock the savings... It's has helped me a lot
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by okeysima1: 5:36pm On Jan 11
Bro, for you to invest in forex shows that u can actually save if u are determined. Now if u are into betting quit fortwith u can go to ur salary account and give standing order for a certain amount of money to be deducted and paid into a fixed account say 100k per month u can do it bro! 300k net is well enough for the month except one who's leaving extravagantly, if u drive to work, check between driving and paying taxi to work which is better, do a way with some unnecessary outings bear in mind u are on salary not ur company anything can happen, that's if you really want to save though for more tips get in touch with me you will thank me later cos most people might not find my advice to u appealing but it's a most do if you want to achieve a lot with ur pay in no distant time
Re: 400k Salary, but nothing. by Oshokhai69: 6:28pm On Jan 11
Alatise777:
one cold heineken 4 this op..you get sense bruh

Do you know the meaning of OP? 😏

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.