Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? (28811 Views)

Ladies: How Do You Reply A Guy When You Are Not Interested? / Your Ex Sent You A Text: “I Am With Someone Better Than You” – Reply In 3 Words / The Reply A Lady Gave To A Guy Who Told Her To Cover Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by jaxxy(m): 10:35am On Jan 11
Friend22:

You call such statement innocent?
What's the world turning into?
Somebody is openly sexualizing your wife you will be smiling sheepishly as a comment ?

when u have negative mindset u only see negative.

Read everything I said again slowly.

So when u say such ure also sexualizing ur wife by saying the truth or lie?

A description can be completely innocent be it to wife or single lady.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by ogaontop(m): 10:36am On Jan 11
Pastorjohn2:
If your friend saying this troubles you then it's 2 things.

You're an insecure person or you don't trust your friend.
Or you don't trust your spouse!
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Fiscus105(m): 10:37am On Jan 11
Friend22:

You call such statement innocent?
What's the world turning into?
Somebody is openly sexualizing your wife you will be smiling sheepishly as a comment ?

Oga, if your wife who born like 3, dresses well and is passing across, and ur friend which you know, he is not pervert made a comment that

UR WIFE HAS A NICE SHAPE, DESPITE SHE IS A MOTHER.

THAT'S NOT SEXUALISING OK, LET LEARN HOW NOT TO BE TOO RIGID, CLAIMING RELIGION OR PRINCIPLE.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by ogaontop(m): 10:39am On Jan 11
Ikennaford:
Childish ...my baby mama is hot like fire and all my guys says that ,,hey mehn you'll keep wishing but you ain't getting that pussy ,is mine and mine only ,,you'll be worried about this questions when you a pussy ass niqqa
The bolded depends on the trust you have for your baby mama.
If she's Streeter, wahala!
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by MySolace: 10:46am On Jan 11
immortalcrown:
If you have a problem with such a statement, you consciously keep bad friends.
I beg to disagree...

Man and woman matter pass being good or not.

But den, I do think, at most times, people feel honored when dia partner is supposedly sincerely eulogized or praised.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Friend22(m): 10:47am On Jan 11
Fiscus105:

Oga, if your wife who born like 3, dresses well and is passing across, and ur friend which you know, he is not pervert made a comment that

UR WIFE HAS A NICE SHAPE, DESPITE SHE IS A MOTHER.

THAT'S NOT SEXUALISING OK, LET LEARN HOW NOT TO BE TOO RIGID, CLAIMING RELIGION OR PRINCIPLE.

Well, I see where you're coming from.
None my friend will pass such irresponsible comment to compliment my wife in my front and not get a scolding even she's given birth to twenty.

E no concern you.

You're my friend not my wife's hence they are certain words that are totally uncalled for.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Southwestidiot: 10:49am On Jan 11
adesegun121:
How do you reply a friend who told you your wife has a nice shape or your husband is so hot?
God dey punish you😡😡😡😡😡😡
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by MySolace: 10:49am On Jan 11
Ikennaford:
Childish ...my baby mama is hot like fire and all my guys says that ,,hey mehn you'll keep wishing but you ain't getting that pussy ,is mine and mine only ,,you'll worried about this questions when you a pussy ass niqqa
Uncle go run DNA first before u begin form Monopoly of a hole u didn't dig. grin grin cheesy

Keep playing!
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Fiscus105(m): 10:54am On Jan 11
Friend22:

Well, I see where you're coming from.
None my friend will pass such irresponsible comment to compliment my wife in my front and not get a scolding even she's given birth to twenty.

E no concern you.

You're my friend not my wife's hence they are certain words that are totally uncalled for.

Paraventure, you now catch ur wife cheating on you,.....I will be most surprised if you don't kill ur wife and latter commit suicide.

Oga, life is full of mysteries and I will advise you to prepare for worse.

NB. I'm expecting you to also arrest a friend who use eye and mind think of all sort of dirty things he would do with ur wife if he gets opportunity ok
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Friend22(m): 10:55am On Jan 11
jaxxy:

when u have negative mindset u only see negative.

Read everything I said again slowly.

So when u say such ure also sexualizing ur wife by saying the truth or lie?

A description can be completely innocent be it to wife or single lady.

I want to ask you, will you allow a friend make such statement about your mum, married sister and even daughters?

If no, then why would you even entertain such comment from a 'friend' who openly 'compliments' your wife? The mother of your children and a sister to a man like your friend.

The truth is, people should learn guard what they say even if it may sound innocent.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Friend22(m): 11:04am On Jan 11
Fiscus105:

Paraventure, you now catch ur wife cheating on you,.....I will be most surprised if you don't kill ur wife and latter commit suicide.

Oga, life is full of mysteries and I will advise you to prepare for worse.

NB. I'm expecting you to also arrest a friend who use eye and mind think of all sort of dirty things he would do with ur wife if he gets opportunity ok

Unfortunately for you, I do not have such friends
And my wife is not the type you see free-mixing with other men.

I can tell you for free, my friends are that shy that none comes to my house in my absence.

I can vouch for them with my honour.
They are that Islamically oriented.
If you have such friends then I am sorry for you.

Like I said, what is widely practiced in your environment becomes a premise for deciding what you see in others.

I still maintain, certain words that passes any form of sexualization should be totally off limits whether by a bossom friend or casual appurtenance.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by jaxxy(m): 11:05am On Jan 11
Friend22:

I want to ask you, will you allow a friend make such statement about your mum, married sister and even daughters?

If no, then why would you even entertain such comment from a 'friend' who openly 'compliments' your wife? The mother of your children and a sister to a man like your friend.

The truth is, people should learn guard what they say even if it may sound innocent.

I have made my point and explained possible scenarios of which in such scenarios I may completely understand. Anything u make of it or choose to overreact or misread it is left to u.

People can misread Anything even something completely innocent or irrelevant.

This was said by ur friend not who u should know abit about their person and character to know why and from where they are coming from.

if it was said by a total stranger I would completely understand ur position.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Kingson28: 11:30am On Jan 11
So what kind of dress does your girl wear that reveals her shape?
This is the problem women are causing in the society by their shape-revealing slutty outfits.
If your dress flaunts your shape/curves people see it and comment in their minds, even if they don't say it out loud.
The most dangerous person is the one who keeps quiet but is seriously working and waiting behind the scene to get in between the legs of your wife or fiancee.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by immortalcrown(m): 11:56am On Jan 11
MySolace:
I beg to disagree... Man and woman matter pass being good or not. But den, I do think, at most times, people feel honored when dia partner is supposedly sincerely eulogized or praised.
I said, "If you have a problem with such a statement...". I didn't say, "If you feel good about such a statement...". Think or ask for an explanation before you respond.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by RealEmilokan: 12:00pm On Jan 11
That na why I marry am.
Thank you.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 12:20pm On Jan 11
It depends on my partner.

I've realised that as a man, there's that girl that'll keep me on high alert if I imagine being in a relationship with her while there's another whose mumu button I hold so well that I can't become unnecessarily jealous and jumpy with thoughts of her being with someone else.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by azizsystem(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11
Jewessgratitud3:
Just simply say thank you.

Hello, can you reach out to me on Whatsapp? There's something Important I want to bring to your notice, although maybe you have already noticed.

081 four eight six eight zero eight eight two
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by motionarena: 12:48pm On Jan 11
Ikennaford:
Childish ...my baby mama is hot like fire and all my guys says that ,,hey mehn you'll keep wishing but you ain't getting that pussy ,is mine and mine only ,,you'll worried about this questions when you a pussy ass niqqa

Dey play! if you slip dem go dey bang your baby mama back to back
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Lucasesene(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11
Thank you.

Work hard and make sure they never cross paths.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by MySolace: 1:03pm On Jan 11
immortalcrown:
I said, "If you have a problem with such a statement...". I didn't say, "If you feel good about such a statement...". Think or ask for an explanation before you respond.

I think U're the one who failed to think before responding... My response to ur post was in my first paragraph plz,,,

I meant to say, it doesn't matter on friends being good or bad.
Even with bad friends, u can still b unperturbed about such remark.
It somehow depends on d state of ur own mind, and also the character of ur partner. If ur partner has d tendency to fickle, u get perturbed.

Who is even good friend wen it comes to man and woman matters? I mean, who is even above temptation of the flesh? ...na make d problem or d temptation no come b d main thing.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by 10thTenthMan: 1:04pm On Jan 11
adesegun121:
How do you reply a friend who told you your wife has a nice shape or your husband is so hot?

For Men, The general unspoken rule and code is that wives, fiancé and sisters are out of bounds to be spoken about like that! Even we know men think it, we don’t speak it and we don’t follow up on our actions and what our dirty minds imagine.

As per sisters to our friends, general rule is you must be serious to want to marry her and that is if we trust that friend to be a good husband or wife to our sisters.

But then when it comes to your wife/partner we are forced to ask:

1. Is that not a form of lack of confidence in the woman/man?

And

2. Is that not a reflection of the fact that you HAVE A USELESS FRIEND THAT DOES NOT KNOW BOUNDARIES IS EMOTIONALLY UNINTELLIGENT AND FEARS NO REPERCUSSIONS FROM YOU?

And

3. Do fighting, fretting, being angry and such conscious actions really help in any way to protect your spouse from such an ogling friend that knows no boundaries? Especially today when shit happens and you can trust only fewer people whether the spouse or friends.

Because Isn’t attraction and attention from/by others not a normal thing? This is what comes with having the opposite sex as a partner. Others of the opposite sex (and even today if the same sex) might be attracted to the person as well. There is a high chance that there is someone out there trying to get their attention. SO NO I WONT MIND IF THERE IS ATTENTION and I should have some iota of confidence in the woman to comport herself properly regardless of who it is.

You will be a damned fool if you worry that the friend will eventually sleep with such a woman or man . Because it simply means you have choosen very very very poorly whom to be with. It is a reflection of your poor choice of a mate/partner and poor choice of friends.

The underlying fear and idea is you think you friend will go after your mate/spouse/partner to get them to bed and mess them, isn’t it? While I will not willingly play the game of “try to sleep with her let me test her loyalty” thing, but I will not fight anyone who says such a thing either. Why? Because Sir/Ma, Do I know what my spouse/wife/mate does when I am not around? I don’t know what such a spouse does when she travels. Goes to the market. Goes to visit friends. Goes to Work. I do not know. And, Can I monitor such a friend 24/7 to ensure he/she doesn’t go after my partner/wife? No I cannot. So, Biko Why should I die of high BP? Is that friend the only person seeing my partner as hot, beautiful, etc?

Now when it comes to the friend speaking his mind openly without fear of a reaction from me, then it is time to also watch and monitor the character of such a friend. You might have a friend that has no boundaries and might need to set those boundaries and insist on them being kept. If not, consider changing friends.

What would I do?

1. I will immediately, sternly and assertively tell the friend that it is indicative of a lack of boundaries and remind the friend about the rule when it comes to friends’ wives, daughters, mothers, etc.

2. I will also tell my wife that my friend is talking nonsense about her and that I warned him not to tell me such a thing again because it shows a lack of respect and lack of boundaries.

3. I will tell her to be conscious of his antics because for him to be able to say that it means in his mind he might have been having bad sexual thoughts about her and if he does anything uncomfortable towards her she should let me know.

4. If it continues, I would tell my wife that that I have decided and will reduce his interaction with my Family. My wife and kids need to stay away from him a bit. Because if you are thinking about my wife what are you also thinking about my daughters who look like my wife?

5. After warning the friend and arming my wife with the information to be careful with her self and our female kids (if we have any), and thereafter keeping the friend at arms length, I leave the rest and will not loose sleep again.

Unless the useless friend tries to force her (rape, assault, etc) then he will end up dead, as I protect my wife and kids with my life. His murder will be premeditated. I will quietly carefully plan it to 100 per cent certainty of a Fatality!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Banhammy717: 1:12pm On Jan 11
That's rubbish.
Such a friend shows no respect to the family.

Such a joke happens among drunkards
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by FireUpNow(m): 1:15pm On Jan 11
I will ask that friend if he or she has an eye for my spouse or do they want to get married?

Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by immortalcrown(m): 1:24pm On Jan 11
MySolace:

I think U're the one who failed to think before responding... My response to ur post was in my first paragraph plz,,,

I meant to say, it doesn't matter on friends being good or bad.
Even with bad friends, u can still b unperturbed about such remark.
It somehow depends on d state of ur own mind, and also the character of ur partner. If ur partner has d tendency to fickle, u get perturbed.

Who is even good friend wen it comes to man and woman matters? I mean, who is even above temptation of the flesh? ...na make d problem or d temptation no come b d main thing.
I used the word, "consciously" in my comment and you wrote, "I beg to disagree". So, what do you disagree with?
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by MySolace: 1:51pm On Jan 11
immortalcrown:
I used the word, "consciously" in my comment and you wrote, "I beg to disagree". So, what do you disagree with?
My begging to disagree falls on "bad friends". I tried letting but know bad friends can still b unperturbed wen their fellow makes such remark of their partner. Dat it depends on d state of mind of u as a person (maybe U're d insecure type, ... being too jealous....) and d real character of ur partner. If ur partner is flirtatious or easily fallible, then u should frown at such remarks..

... Meanwhile, i wonder why U're putting "consciously" in quote as if it had special meaning in ur statement. It was merely an adverb to "have"...
Or are u trying to tell us the meaning of consciousness? It's simply "knowing"

In other words ur statement reads; if u have problems with such statement, den, u know u keep bad friends.
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by immortalcrown(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11
MySolace:
My begging to disagree falls on "bad friends". I tried letting but know bad friends can still b unperturbed wen their fellow makes such remark of their partner. Dat it depends on d state of mind of u as a person (maybe U're d insecure type, ... being too jealous....) and d real character of ur partner. If ur partner is flirtatious or easily fallible, then u should frown at such remarks..

... Meanwhile, i wonder why U're putting "consciously" in quote as if it had special meaning in ur statement. It was merely an adverb to "have"...
Or are u trying to tell us the meaning of consciousness? It's simply "knowing"

In other words ur statement reads; if u have problems with such statement, den, u know u keep bad friends.
My point is that any ill feeling about such a statement is triggered by a negative impression about who made statement. Isn't this the meaning of my comment? If your answer is no, explain. But if you agree with my interpretation of my comment, what exactly do you disagree with?
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Perocom(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11
immortalcrown:
If you have a problem with such a statement from your friends, you consciously keep bad friends. Your ill feeling here means guilty conscience in action.

If your conscience is clear on the kind of friends you keep, you will rather feel good when your friends compliment your partner's beauty. As a matter of fact, good friends will not say such a thing in your presence or in the presence of your partner unless a serious (necessary) conversation about the partner's appearance comes up.

"Man, know thyself."

You are sane. Correct talk
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by MySolace: 3:30pm On Jan 11
immortalcrown:
[sub][/sub]My point is that any ill feeling about such a statement is triggered by a negative impression about who made statement. Isn't this the meaning of my comment? If your answer is no, explain. But if you agree with my interpretation of my comment, what exactly do you disagree with?
Plz take responsibility. I know u dropped further notes under original post. I mean, u edited it.

My response is on ur original post...

It reads, "anyone da has problem with such statement consciously has bad friends"
(It was concise and clear).

Plz ur first statement is quite different from ur subsequent claims...
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by immortalcrown(m): 4:51pm On Jan 11
MySolace:

Plz take responsibility. I know u dropped further notes under original post. I mean, u edited it.

My response is on ur original post...

It reads, "anyone da has problem with such statement consciously has bad friends"
(It was concise and clear).

Plz ur first statement is quite different from ur subsequent claims...
You are acting funny here. Did I change the part you quoted or did any of the added sentences alter the original meaning of the part you quoted? Answer this question if you are on the right track. Point out what you oppose in the comment or admit your first response was unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by jessylaurel(f): 4:57pm On Jan 11
adesegun121:

Just say thank you and tell him/her that you went for the best. After that you walk away and take negative thoughts out from your mind. undecided
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by MySolace: 5:14pm On Jan 11
immortalcrown:
You are acting funny here. Did I change the part you quoted or did any of the added sentences alter the original meaning of the part you quoted? Answer this question if you are on the right track. Point out what you oppose in the comment or admit your first response was unnecessary.
Ha, bro, how long do we keep going round n round...?

In ur first statement, it says da for u to find d statement wrong, surely u have bad friends. Isn't it?

So I said, one must not have bad friends to find fault with d statement. The problem could b on u urself or ur partner! Dat is, u could have good friends and still find fault with it. U can aswell have bad friends and still find no problem with the statement.

Is da too big to comprehend?

Am tired plzzz... (Small banku I chop dis afternoon don exhaust ontop ur matter) sad
Re: How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? by Afonjacrusder(f): 5:36pm On Jan 11
Ikennaford:
hey mehn you'll keep wishing but you ain't getting that pussy ,is mine and mine only.

Na woman you trust like this... Dey play just dey play. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single / The Shape Of My Butt / Ladies: What Would You Like Your Man To Stop Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.