Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) (36770 Views)

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic / Ooni Of Ife Spotted At The Spiritual Obatala Temple In Osun State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Rostikol: 7:20am On Jan 11
Oduduwa Temple, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Yoruba murals on the walls of the Oduduwa temple, Sao Paulo, Brazil

64 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Rostikol: 7:23am On Jan 11
The Oduduwa family of Bàbálórìsà Sikiru Salami of Oduduwa Templo dos Orixás in Brazil and worldwide boasts a learned spiritualist who has maintained the Orisa devotees of Oduduwa Temple Worldwide as one family for over 30 years in Brazil.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Rostikol: 7:28am On Jan 11
Shikini:
Yes ... descendants of freed
Yoruba slaves

I find it intriguing how they observe their traditional religion proudly over there, while the majority over here shun it, and carry bible up and down forming disciple.

It's almost as if if I want to learn Yoruba religion now, I have to find visa to fly to Brazil and learn it.

182 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by JASONjnr(m): 7:32am On Jan 11
If I talk wetin deh my mind for this thread.... Na life ban I go collect.☺️☺️☺️🤣

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Rostikol: 7:34am On Jan 11
JASONjnr:
If I talk wetin deh my mind for this thread.... Na life ban I go collect.☺️☺️☺️🤣

Say your mind, bro.

Nobody will slap you. cool

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by JASONjnr(m): 7:38am On Jan 11
Rostikol:

Say your mind, bro.

Nobody will slap you. cool

With Seun declaring war on name checkers?☺️

It used to be fun but, I've got to respect people's feelings 😎

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by KingMack(m): 7:53am On Jan 11
JASONjnr:

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by BossGerald: 8:04am On Jan 11
Rostikol:

I find it intriguing how they observe their traditional religion proudly over there, while the majority over here shun it, and carry bible up and down forming disciple.

It's almost as if if I want to learn Yoruba religion now, I have to find visa to fly to Brazil and learn it.

Especially in ilorin

But most yoruba muslims support the subjugation against traditionalists.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 8:14am On Jan 11
Yorubas are by far the most sold people during the slave trade by the Oyo kingdom

It gives me joy seeing how they're preserving Thier culture over there

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by kettykin: 8:45am On Jan 11
How come they found peace displaying their cultural heritage in Brazil without respect to their former slave masters and present host

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by MTNnews: 8:49am On Jan 11
Have you ever heard of any complain by their host or did you ever hear them call their host lazy like you do ?!

kettykin:
How come the found peace displaying their cultural heritage in Brazil without respect to their host

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by marsman: 8:49am On Jan 11
KwuoteYourFada:
Yorubas are by far the most sold people during the slave trade by the Oyo kingdom

Actually it is the Igbos... Ever heard of that Igbo sinking in the Ocean, imagine the number of Igbos that were sold before and after that

Calabar was literally a slave port for trafficking Igbos out of Nigeria

Igbos were sold by their tribes and minority around them

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Righthussle: 8:50am On Jan 11
This is Good but as usual Africans here will not like this. They are so used to the religions their tormentors and oppressors brought to them. They understand foreign religions more than the owners of the religions. They believe Christianity, Islam, Ikankar, Hinduism, Judaism is their only way to enjoyment after death.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by marsman: 8:51am On Jan 11
kettykin:
How come the found peace displaying their cultural heritage in Brazil without respect to their host
They are not calling it no man lands and threatening to dispose the existing institutions. They simple practicing their culture with respect to whats already on ground.

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by alpharoyalty: 8:53am On Jan 11
These people could practice their tradition and belief in a Christian country like Brazil, but might be killed by over religious cowards in an economic insignificant and lifeless little city like ilorin.
Let us value our tradition 🙏
Humanity over religion 🙏

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by lexylaw40: 8:56am On Jan 11
Yoruba lagba

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Rostikol: 9:00am On Jan 11
KwuoteYourFada:

Omo this your moniker is just something else man... smiley

KwuoteYourFada smiley

You must be a really hard guy to have such a moniker. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Rostikol: 9:01am On Jan 11
marsman:

They are not calling it no man lands and threatening to dispose the existing institutions. They simple practicing their culture with respect to whats already on ground.

Good point.

That is how it should be.

13 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by kettykin: 9:07am On Jan 11
marsman:

See we talking about a country where former slaves are displaying thier cultural heritage and you are comparing it with another country and culture were famers have been slaughtered in ondo , illorin is a vassal state of Sokoto Caliphate and there is presently an attempt make lagos benin express way a slaughter house

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by richiemcgold: 9:10am On Jan 11
Yoruba dey always burst my brain, walahi!
Swags, na Dem
Rich Culture, na Dem
Rich history, na Dem
Faaji, na Dem
Even people wey Sabi, na Dem
If I no do triple tuale for dem, wetin I gain?

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Karleb(m): 9:21am On Jan 11
If you've not explored, you'd think your father's farm is the biggest.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by SoNature(m): 9:42am On Jan 11
marsman:

Actually it is the Igbos... Ever heard of that Igbo sinking in the Ocean, imagine the number of Igbos that were sold before and after that

Calabar was literally a slave port for trafficking Igbos out of Nigeria

Igbos were sold by their tribes and minority around them

Everything must not be competition. What's so special about a people selling their own?

You people should learn to read comments and ignore them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Obakoolex(m): 9:46am On Jan 11
Awon omo oduduwa atata cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Prechgold1180(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
cool
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by adesegun121(m): 9:47am On Jan 11
Seen

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Kloenboi: 9:48am On Jan 11
angry

There's only one true God.

Please stop celebrating crafted images.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by APOPTOSIS: 9:49am On Jan 11
Good One

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 9:49am On Jan 11
Yoruba is awesome.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures) / ... / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.