Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) (36787 Views)

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic / Ooni Of Ife Spotted At The Spiritual Obatala Temple In Osun State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by PlayerMeji: 9:50am On Jan 11
Good

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Blaze14k: 9:51am On Jan 11
Shikini:
Yes ... descendants of freed
Yoruba slaves

Hmm did I hear slaves 😂😂
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Benediction99(m): 9:55am On Jan 11
Please, if you’re in Ondo state and have any farm work to be done, hire me, I will do it perfectly. I have younger ones to cater for . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Writer50: 9:55am On Jan 11
Okay
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Lastmankc(m): 9:56am On Jan 11
Omo,see as mods and seun dey use AK-47 dey patrol for this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Lastmankc(m): 9:56am On Jan 11
Benediction99:
Please, if you’re in Ondo state and have any farm work to be done, hire me, I will do it perfectly. I have younger ones to cater for . Thank you.
How do you cope with herdsmen?
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by spiralwedge(m): 9:56am On Jan 11
marsman:

Actually it is the Igbos... Ever heard of that Igbo sinking in the Ocean, imagine the number of Igbos that were sold before and after that

Calabar was literally a slave port for trafficking Igbos out of Nigeria

Igbos were sold by their tribes and minority around them

smh... you are in a competition with yourself. Always revising history with beer-parlour talk and always inserting yourselves when you haven't even been mentioned, creating nuisance all over the cyberspace.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 9:57am On Jan 11
Taken by the Portugues slave masters to brazil. A lot of Naigerians in Naigeria presently are wishing their ancestors were taken as slaves to Britain, America or Brazil considering the poor and hardship state of Naigeria at the moment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 9:58am On Jan 11
Jesus is LORD

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:59am On Jan 11
Calitoscassius:
Taken by the Portugues slave masters to brazil. A lot of Naigerians in Naigeria presently are wishing their ancestors were taken as slaves to Britain, America or Brazil considering the poor and hardship state of Naigeria at the moment.

Lol grin. This your wish is too late for you. You could do so for your kids though. Your kids may also wish you were sold as slave. Do the needful for them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by izubext007: 9:59am On Jan 11
I love this

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by mrLhanray(m): 10:07am On Jan 11
Rostikol:

I find it intriguing how they observe their traditional religion proudly over there, while the majority over here shun it, and carry bible up and down forming disciple.

It's almost as if if I want to learn Yoruba religion now, I have to find visa to fly to Brazil and learn it.

Yes, it because they saw the carnage those Europeans did, they witnessed it as slaves. They saw how wicked they were and rejected whatever religion they wanted to impose on them.

6 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by DemonAngel(m): 10:08am On Jan 11
Let's keep expanding
Let the naija heritage be known

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by ghettochild(m): 10:09am On Jan 11
JASONjnr:
If I talk wetin deh my mind for this thread.... Na life ban I go collect.☺️☺️☺️🤣
Oga speak ur mind, no free for anybody oooo.
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Babangidapikin: 10:09am On Jan 11
The funny thing is despite the culture, a Yoruba man would not say he is a Brazilian, yet some people are claiming to be Jewish ...and it got me thinking yesterday shouldn't the Jews conduct some genetic sample on the Palestine that they are fighting today, because it is very likely they are murdering their brothers because no way all the Jews would leave the land, and they won't be any left, but there brain is beclouded by hate ...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Elvis2kay: 10:10am On Jan 11
Yoruba no be thier mate

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by tonytony208(m): 10:11am On Jan 11
kettykin:
How come the found peace displaying their cultural heritage in Brazil without respect to their host

Who told you they are the only people displaying their cultural heritage in Brazil? Your question sounds dumb. Are you as dumb as your question?

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Lightorder: 10:11am On Jan 11
kettykin:
How come the found peace displaying their cultural heritage in Brazil without respect to their host
don't mind the tiny minded people
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by foleskay(m): 10:12am On Jan 11
Lol.. D last picture tho. See how that white guy held d iya ilu. Wonderful!! See the other man too.. Dressed in juju clothe. Awon eyan igboho and abija. grin. Yoruba religion is fast spreading in Brazil.

We Yorubas should have been Inhabitants of Brazil or south America. This Africa wey we find ourselves na nonsense. We shud hv been a black south American country undecided

8 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Morphinne: 10:12am On Jan 11
KwuoteYourFada:
Yorubas are by far the most sold people during the slave trade by the Oyo kingdom

It gives me joy seeing how they're preserving Thier culture over there

@bolded is false and contrary to your claim, the igbos are the most sold people during the days of slave trade and labor. Make thorough research before making baseless claims

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 10:14am On Jan 11
Most loved tribe

5 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Offpoint1: 10:15am On Jan 11
Good one, let's export Africa religion to the world

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Lightorder: 10:16am On Jan 11
marsman:

They are not calling it no man lands and threatening to dispose the existing institutions. They simple practicing their culture with respect to whats already on ground.
respecting what is on ground depends on how the host sees it and what the host calls it.

Why is it that Yorubas are the only host that feels threatened ?
Are Yorubas the only one that host igbos ?
I don't mean any harm , just trying to fix this long argument in my head
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Curious345: 10:16am On Jan 11
What's going on here
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Goodnewsforlife: 10:19am On Jan 11
kettykin:

See we talking about a country where former slaves are displaying thier cultural heritage and you are comparing it with another country and culture were famers have been slaughtered in ondo , illorin is a vassal state of Sokoto Caliphate and there is presently an attempt make lagos benin express way a slaughter house
u igbos wan collect again

Seun u won’t see this one now ooo but when we respond it’s ban straight up

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

... / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters / Moment Omoba Tsola Emiko Was Crowned As 21st Olu of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.