Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) (36779 Views)

Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic / Ooni Of Ife Spotted At The Spiritual Obatala Temple In Osun State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Bamzas: 11:19am On Jan 11
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by cardoctor(m): 11:23am On Jan 11
Brazil is actually an extension os yorub aland
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Ogene001: 11:24am On Jan 11
These are the slaves sold by Oba of Benin
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 11:36am On Jan 11
marsman:

Actually it is the Igbos... Ever heard of that Igbo sinking in the Ocean, imagine the number of Igbos that were sold before and after that

Calabar was literally a slave port for trafficking Igbos out of Nigeria

Igbos were sold by their tribes and minority around them
Its true Igbos rejected slavery Infact our people threw themselves into the Ocean as soon they discovered they're being sold to slavery

Again Yorubas are by far the most sold not only in the Trans Atlantic but transahara too

Go and check almost all the Carribbean blacks and Hawaii have Yoruba origin

You can change history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by SonOfDSoil01: 11:40am On Jan 11
Lightorder:
respecting what is on ground depends on how the host sees it and what the host calls it.

Why is it that Yorubas are the only host that feels threatened ?
Are Yorubas the only one that host igbos ?
I don't mean any harm , just trying to fix this long argument in my head
your ibo tribe are the only ones amongst all the Nigerian tribe that goes everywhere and make enemies instead of friend with the host. Your uncouth and disrespectful attitude has earned you so many enemies, and your greed and covetousness, can’t be isolated, or why are they also having issues even in the north that your red cap chief have to go and beg so you can be allowed to do business? Or are there no other tribes living in the north, have you heard of Yoruba elders going to the north to beg on behalf of the Yorubas? So I guess there is a problem with the Ibo culture except you just want to feign ignorance grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by SonOfDSoil01: 11:43am On Jan 11
Goodnewsforlife:
u igbos wan collect again

Seun u won’t see this one now ooo but when we respond it’s ban straight up
don’t mind the mod and their bias attitude, I guess we should just fold our arms and watching this uncouth and disrespectful being run amok😂

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 11:46am On Jan 11
LittleBigDick:

Okay Urchiñ
***yawn**** undecided
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by londonzona: 11:49am On Jan 11
Igbos are resilient ,they were sold , but some resisted killed their captors and sing the boat , and some rerouted their boats to U. S.majority of blacks in US are igbos but my brother yorubas landed in Brazil and built a temple to encourage more slaves to come.Thats while in Brazil you are not white or black
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 11:58am On Jan 11
LittleBigDick:

Omo ale
****yawn*** yawn ***

***yawn*** yawn**** and more **yawn**

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by marsman: 11:59am On Jan 11
KwuoteYourFada:

Its true Igbos rejected slavery Infact our people threw themselves into the Ocean as soon they discovered they're being sold to slavery

Again Yorubas are by far the most sold not only in the Trans Atlantic but transahara too

Go and check almost all the Carribbean blacks and Hawaii have Yoruba origin

You can change history

This is very untrue. You can't change history but I know you people like to twist it to suite your narrative.

The only reason why Yoruba is very pronounced is because of how well they have preserved and continued to bear their Identity even after being captured and taken to strange lands.

Unlike others who starts to become useful slaves after their capture. They forget their Identity and accept what ever their masters give to them. The black Americans that are now tracing their roots back to the SE are an example of that

Moreover drowning your self and commiting sucide is not a very smart form of protest against anything. It spells hopelessness and a lack of will to fight for what is yours -freedom- even if takes years.

The Yorubas on The other hand got to their destination with hope, faith, courage and the strong believe in their heart that if they're going to die at all it would be in the fight for their freedom and that of their offspring, not waste it in the Atlantic.

This believe led to what pushed them into starting revolutions that brought their own freedom and that of slaves of other tribes in the white mans land. They conquered the conqueror.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by royalfly(m): 12:06pm On Jan 11
LittleBigDick:

Rest afônja

If only u know
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:07pm On Jan 11
Rostikol:

I find it intriguing how they observe their traditional religion proudly over there, while the majority over here shun it, and carry bible up and down forming disciple.

It's almost as if if I want to learn Yoruba religion now, I have to find visa to fly to Brazil and learn it.

is it only Bible they carry, don't they also carry Quran. You guys always find a way to disrespect Christianity

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11
gare:

Are these white people also freed Yorubas slaves 😂😂

No be u they preach about tribalism on that Funke Akindele thread?

See your comment here...U be hypocrite o Sis

I called u out on one Igbo thread where they spilled vile things yet u were trying to be balance with your comment but here u are saying this sarcastic gibberish now
Typical SE person...shame on u, ma

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by ViktorCash: 12:27pm On Jan 11
God abeg oh
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11
Rostikol:

I find it intriguing how they observe their traditional religion proudly over there, while the majority over here shun it, and carry bible up and down forming disciple.

It's almost as if if I want to learn Yoruba religion now, I have to find visa to fly to Brazil and learn it.

Nobody is holding you nau
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 12:32pm On Jan 11
Rostikol:

Dimensional JAPA, yes or no?
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11
JASONjnr:
If I talk wetin deh my mind for this thread.... Na life ban I go collect.☺️☺️☺️🤣

There is nothing you will talk that you will not receive a response or a Savage response. The ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11
This is very good for the Yorubas and their culture. I'm not Yoruba but I'm proud of them. We're all Nigerians at days end.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by AbujaLagos: 12:43pm On Jan 11
Seeing tradition display dey give me joy.

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 12:50pm On Jan 11
marsman:

This is very untrue. You can't change history but I know you people like to twist it to suite your narrative.

The only reason why Yoruba is very pronounced is because of how well they have preserved and continued to bear their Identity even after being captured and taken to strange lands.

Unlike others who starts to become useful slaves after their capture. They forget their Identity and accept what ever their masters give to them. The black Americans that are now tracing their roots back to the SE are an example of that

Moreover drowning your self and commiting sucide is not a very smart form of protest against anything. It spells hopelessness and a lack of will to fight for what is yours -freedom- even if takes years.

The Yorubas on The other hand got to their destination with hope, faith, courage and the strong believe in their heart that if they're going to die at all it would be in the fight for their freedom and that of their offspring, not waste it in the Atlantic.

This believe led to what pushed them into starting revolutions that brought their own freedom and that of slaves of other tribes in the white mans land. They conquered the conqueror.

Everyone have Thier approach to things

Some people can bear humiliation others can't
Due to deep self worth and alot of those according to recorded history were Igbos

We also have alot of people in Haiti and Barbados that are Igbos and have kept the culture going and many have visited here

Infact in Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago, which witnessed several slave revolts, were made up of a majority Igbo population

That being said I also love the approach of the Nagos and other Yorubas during the slave trade era too . Stay calm and keep your culture going

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Okpokpo09: 12:51pm On Jan 11
Hmmm, score mining loading…….. very soon the carcass in the graveyard will start missing. Fear the brown roof people
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Konquest: 1:13pm On Jan 11
Rostikol:
Oduduwa Temple, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Yoruba murals on the walls of the Oduduwa temple, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by Konquest: 1:15pm On Jan 11
Rostikol:
The Oduduwa family of Bàbálórìsà Sikiru Salami of Oduduwa Templo dos Orixás in Brazil and worldwide boasts a learned spiritualist who has maintained the Orisa devotees of Oduduwa Temple Worldwide as one family for over 30 years in Brazil.

Impressive.

A triumph of the human spirit. Respect to the deported ancestors from Yorubaland in West Africa to Bahia in Brazil, Old Havana and Matanzas in Cuba, Africatown in Mobile, Alabama in the USA, Oyotunji in South Carolina and more.

=>https://amazingblackhistory.com/2022/10/27/clotilda-last-known-slave-ship-africa-town/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by KnownUnknown: 1:20pm On Jan 11
Babangidapikin:
The funny thing is despite the culture, a Yoruba man would not say he is a Brazilian, yet some people are claiming to be Jewish ...and it got me thinking yesterday shouldn't the Jews conduct some genetic sample on the Palestine that they are fighting today, because it is very likely they are murdering their brothers because no way all the Jews would leave the land, and they won't be any left, but there brain is beclouded by hate ...

The Jews running Israel and European Army migrants. They have no roots in that part of the world. But since Judaism promotes lies and corruption, they shamelessly claim to be descended from some fairy tale character called Shem, the son of the 600 year old drunkard and floating zookeeper Noah.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by gare(f): 1:21pm On Jan 11
EmperorCaesar:

No be u they preach about tribalism on that Funke Akindele thread?

See your comment here...U be hypocrite o Sis

I called u out on one Igbo thread where they spilled vile things yet u were trying to be balance with your comment but here u are saying this sarcastic gibberish now
Typical SE person...shame on u, ma

Wetin you de smoke ? Do you even read and understand, please this na new Year, I don't see how my comments even in funke akindele is tribal and even this comments please just de your de I beg, fucking yorubas bigot, you think everyone is like you idiot
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by spiSeyi: 1:24pm On Jan 11
JASONjnr:
If I talk wetin deh my mind for this thread.... Na life ban I go collect.☺️☺️☺️🤣
Do you mean scholarship stuff wink
Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by SIRTee15: 1:28pm On Jan 11
londonzona:
Igbos are resilient ,they were sold , but some resisted killed their captors and sing the boat , and some rerouted their boats to U. S.majority of blacks in US are igbos but my brother yorubas landed in Brazil and built a temple to encourage more slaves to come.Thats while in Brazil you are not white or black

Have u heard of Bahia revolt.

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) by VaginaAcademic: 1:41pm On Jan 11
The wey we take carry foreign religion for head for Nigeria na so all these Brazilians take carry foreign religion from Nigeria for head meanwhile the religion no get followers like that for Nigeria just as Christianity followers dey decline overseas

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

... / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters / Ooni Ogunwusi Battles Recession With Aje Festival (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.