Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life (1637 Views)

Got Married Last Weekend, A New Chapter Started / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: A New Year, A New Chapter. / Male Brothel Opens In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by George700(m): 6:47am On Jan 12
Good day everyone
Today is My birthday
I want to thank God Adding another year to my Life
I turn 20 today. I am in my finals and am going to graduate this year.
Please I need advice and suggestions on how to become successful in my 20s,what should i start doing early?

4 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by lilvicky68(m): 6:55am On Jan 12
Happy Birthday.
Make quality friends

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by portplus: 7:55am On Jan 12
George700:
Good day everyone
Today is My birthday
Please I need advice and suggestions on how to become successful in my 20s,what should i start doing early?
Take charge of your life....expect nothing from Government

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by FuckingMachine: 9:33am On Jan 12
Forget sex, use women to scale up the ladder fast.

An ugly connected woman is more valuable than a baddie with soft yansh. When you've balanced 5 years from now, you can buy the baddies with your wealth.

Miss this and join the numerous Nairaland fools at 40 posting threads in the Romance section.

13 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Vikinatty(f): 9:58am On Jan 12
Happy birthday dear
Just pray to God and ask him for direction.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by EminiObayouknow: 10:48am On Jan 12
Don't bother looking for low paying jobs.. start building a profitable business right now.

Don't think about sex, relationships, olosho for like 2 years.. If you can, stay celibate

Any money you see, invest at least 70% of it

Always watch out for opportunities to widen your investment portfolio

Speaking from experience

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12
Avoid women,they are mostly out to ruin and draw you back.Only if you are luck to get a rich babe.pls and pls avoid broke ladies,if not na only God fit save you from poverty

7 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by linsa01(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12
Read wide to improve your knowledge, learn a tech skill. Think of a passive income. Don't impress anyone. Have a long term goal.

Happy Birthday

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by George700(m): 2:59pm On Jan 12
lilvicky68:
Happy Birthday. Make quality friends
Thank you
Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by George700(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12
FuckingMachine:

An ugly connected woman is more valuable than a baddie with soft yansh. When you've balanced 5 years from now, you can buy the baddies with your wealth.

Miss this and join the numerous Nairaland fools at 40 posting threads in the Romance section.
Thank you
Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by George700(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12
Vikinatty:
Happy birthday dear Just pray to God and ask him for direction.
Thank you Ma
Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Itiskdg121(m): 3:02pm On Jan 12
Straight and simple.
Download LinkedIn on your phone, build your profile and begin to add recommended contacts to your network for mentoring and also build your career. You will thank me later.

George700:
Good day everyone
Today is My birthday

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Ballzproblem2: 3:03pm On Jan 12
FuckingMachine:

if it was easy why you never do am, you know what it takes to manipulate human being wether ugly or fine? abeg stop giving unrealistic advice

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Ballzproblem2: 3:05pm On Jan 12
George700:
Good day everyone
Today is My birthday
learn forex trading with your spare time if you manage to land a job.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by DyingFetus: 5:40pm On Jan 12
Download Grindr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by avast01(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12
Save as much as almost impossible.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by rickleye: 6:28pm On Jan 12
George700:
Good day everyone
Today is My birthday

Go into politics. That where the money is .
Happy Birthday

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Nicepoker(m): 9:37pm On Jan 12
Stay away from women. That's the age they lay the foundations of ruining a man.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by George700(m): 9:54pm On Jan 12
DyingFetus:
Download Grindr
what is it used for?
Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:39pm On Jan 12
1. Some of your childhood friends will begin to transition into either strangers (enemies?) or something close to brotherhood.

And it is because when you guys were young, you all thought you were equal, and had no expectations to be successful, but as an adult, a time when parents have withdrawn support,

and society expects a return from you, the losers and the winners in your circles will start to reveal themselves, which inevitably creates a seething atmosphere, that going your separate ways will be the natural antidote.

Some of your childhood friends will be your diehard haters just because you are more successful than them, or avoid you because you are the loser in the mix.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:39pm On Jan 12
2. As a follow-up to number one, you must know that the only thing that will save you in this life is how hard you can work, and how much you develop your character.

Your life is like a mirror, what you see is what you get. You will get most of the things you want because you can also give it to others in a similar way.

For example, people are more likely to help you because they know they can get help from you. In other words, don't be a loser.

Another example, Chris Brown will feature Davido as a means to tap into the fanbase of afrobeat, and vice versa, as Davido taps into the Western RnB fanbase. Iron sharpens iron.

To get something, you must give something, so it can be said that your destiny is purely in your hands. Work hard.

21 Likes 4 Shares

3. Your parents will not tell you this, because it may signify failure on their part. But deep in their heart, they are observing your ways, which will determine if they will be fulfilled or not (especially if you're the only child).

If you disappoint yourself, then you have disappointed them. If you calibrate yourself and do well for yourself, then you have made them fulfilled.

15 Likes

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12
4. Don't confuse Self-development with material-development. Self-development is the development of your character, something intrinsic that no one can take away from you, and not extrinsic that is material-based and can be taken.

Self-development and wealth go hand in hand. The more sophisticated your character is, opportunities and connections that will elevate you forward will come. Also, character development is achievable by everyone, you just have to look inwardly.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12
5. You are an at age where you'll face lots of rejection from the opposite sex, don't take it to heart. Just channel your attention to women who already like you, and you'll save yourself all kinds of stress and resources. 

As you develop further, your sophistication will shine so far and so bright, that the case will be in reverse. Women will chase you and you'll run from many.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12
6. Avoid carry-overs. By that, I am referring to things that will come to bite you later in the future. Instead of lying, just be silent.

Instead of scamming someone, just tell them honestly and ask for a small settlement, instead of leading a girl on, let her know you ain't interested or only want sex. Instead of saying hurtful words because you are angry, just walk away.

Just be honest and live in such a way that no fingers are pointing at you, and you can sleep well at night without fear of wronging someone.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12
7. Lots of people in life have no joy because life in itself is suffering. Many of these joyless people are roaming around looking for someone to pour their frustration on.

You can avoid them by just being good to everyone. I noticed that even evil people find it hard to be evil to the innocent, or at least not to the same degree compared to those who wronged them.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:44pm On Jan 12
8. The only maths subject you need to remember and master to be successful is the subject of "compounding". 

Little effort every day adds up and grows exponentially. Just as you're growing every day, let something that contributes to your wealth grow as well. 

Some do it with business, some with skills, some through their children, via knowledge, or whatever. Just make sure it's something positive that is counting. 

Your age should not be the only proof of how long you've been around, but things like a business you built, the life you changed, the works of your hands, etc. 

If you tell me you're an 80-year-old man, I would expect to see things that will make me respect the fact that you've been around for 80 years, not just your white hair. and walking stick.

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by ufotty2001: 11:44pm On Jan 12
Learn online skill or online business.. leave all these offline job.. or find way to japa this is the best age to japa

1 Like

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12
9. Find pleasure in books, the older the books, the better. Good books are a shortcut to hacking life, and you'll see the world as an old man in a young body just because you've read through the minds of great writers before you. It also makes it difficult to be manipulated because, from the beginning, you have seen the end.

You have just at best, a century on earth, and it's a short time to make all the mistakes and become smart. So use books to shortcut your way through life.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by pansophist(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12
10. In anything you do, don't waste time. Time punishes those that waste it, and rewards those that utilize it. Even worse, your ignorance of the importance of time will not save you.

Furthermore, the earlier you accomplish things, the sooner you can start enjoying life. Imagine Wizkid became a celebrity as a young man, he is living large already compared to a 40-year-old man who just woke up from slumber and wants to start setting his life straight.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by kkins25(m): 12:30am On Jan 13
Being on Nairaland is already a good start. Kudos!

First, define what you mean by "successful." I want money, or I want to be successful is a very vague statement. Having defined what success means to you, then do a bit of soul searching---in Jesus' words, "Know thyself."

You need to identify your strengths and weaknesses. For example, Around 2015, I learned that most people can only study for 25 minutes straight before they begin to lose focus. I thought I was a genius but discovered I'm like most people. By this time, I was in the Uni---300 level specifically. My 200lvl CGPA had dropped from 4.00 to 3.79.

Knowing my weakness, I restructured my study technique to fit the 25-minute timeframe and boosted my GPA from 3.25 to 4.5. In fact, scoring A's got boring because it was too easy.

Still on "Know Thyself"

Do you have a clear understanding of who you are? This is essential because choosing a career based on personality will enrich your life experiences. Doing the opposite will leave you bitter about the profession you're trapped in, like most people.

Money is a tool, not your self-worth

See money as a tool to garner life experiences and not as a life experience itself. money is plain paper that only has value because two or more people believe in it. It's an abstract thing. Don't base your existence on it. Doing so will send you spiraling down the dreaded dungeons of depression.

Finding purpose

People with a sense of purpose tend to live more fulfilling lives. However, don't make the mistake of wanting to end world wars. Acknowledge that some things are within your control and others beyond. Do what you can to improve your aspect of life that you have the power to control and leave the rest for "God." If you spot a societal problem that you believe you can fix, please give it a try!

Set SMART goals

Don't say, "I want to be successful," instead say, "I want to earn Bleep amount by doing the Bleep job working with Bleep factory." Then, build a strategy to achieve your laid-out goals. SMART stands for Specific, measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and time-bound. Any goals you set must satisfy the SMART conditions.

Consume Information more than food

If there's anything that has saved me in this life, it is the amount of time I spent searching the internet for things like "How to be successful," "How to choose a career," and "What can I do with a biology degree?" and so on. Visit sites like Reddit for tips from the most educated folks on the planet. Read books, watch movies. The genre doesn't matter; just do so to expand your consciousness. Although, know when to 100% focus on work/school.

What skills do you have?

What natural talents do you have that can be monetized? Writing, Problem solving, Playing with the computer, and so on. Ensure that such skills are marketable. Go on Google and find out what others with similar skills are doing to make money.

Money is your self-worth

Yes, I know, contradictory! Knowing that money is just a tool doesn't stop others from judging you by your "appearance." People treat you differently based on their perception of your net worth. Therefore, present a demeanor that forces them to treat you with respect.

Be intelligently quiet

Being slow to speak and slow to anger is a trait that might catapult you to higher places. learn to be reserved but not too reserved. Being too timid will attract bullies. There are times when you put your intelligence or wealth on display. Know when to show off! Very important!

Build meaningful relationships

Get friends who value you as a person. people who see you as a business acquaintance will only make calculated sacrifices for you. In the future, they'll come back to collect in ten folds. A person who genuinely befriends you will help you in times of need because of friendship and not business. Be good to people. Tip the market women.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me As A New Chapter Opens In My Life by Peskid147: 1:17am On Jan 13
Depend on God only

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girlfriend Birthday Gift Pretty Confused / My Cousin Wants To Marry A Widow. Is It Right? / Nice Bible, And Other Christian Pick-up Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.