Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Or Stay In Nigeria (27933 Views)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by pussyAvenger: 9:03pm On Jan 15
wowo2:
You can't even go to UK via student route with family as dependants except you are on a PhD programme.

nothing dey there
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Okechinwadike: 9:03pm On Jan 15
150k monthly am not leaving Nigeria talk more of 600k. bros de naija oooooo,as long as you are doing legit business de here dude

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 9:04pm On Jan 15
Cruise777:
cool

Go on 2 weeks vacation abeg so you can see clearly, you decision would be better informed when you walk the street on your own, without paparazzi picture and fake life people

He will not see it, Living abroad and doing vacation abroad are 2 different things. So so so different, different experience, different pressure, different necessities, diffferent realities. Living abroad will test and stretch ur endurance, especially in the first 2 years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:05pm On Jan 15
ihatebuhari:
I'll advice you to go alone first. Use study route and make sure it's a country that you can easily relocate your family after a year or two.

Please don't sell your properties to move all your family at once. I live in LA I would advise you come to the US thou it's very hard.

Remember it's not always greener on the other side. What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

PS: if you're one of those that forced buhari and APC government on the innocent Nigerians it will never be well with you and this your japa plan won't work out. And also if you're a Muslim terrorist online pulling down the western country you better go to Saudi Arabia or else the western country won't favour you in Jesus name.

But if you're not one of those I listed may this journey you're about to start favour you and your family.

Lol no mind them....They Always attack the west and support China and Russia...lol but they will not travel to those areas. I have a friend in UK Always attacking the west and supporting China and Russia...so I asked him why has he not relocated to those countries he love so much

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Akpaamunsi: 9:06pm On Jan 15
Tranquility2345:

You can’t be a lawyer. Lawyers speak very good English. This story is fake!

You done carry ya yamayama brain come here again?

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Mom007(f): 9:06pm On Jan 15
Just know that if u japa, you are not coming to practice your law but to do menial work. Also, forget soft, calm life. You will start running around, chasing bills. Have you watched trending videos about Canada that are trending now? My brother, snow is cold oo... are you ready for that level of cold? Last last, we all know you will do what is in your mind but don't say no one warned you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by bigiyaro(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

I'm not showing off here, if I don't reveal such information, how will I get the advice I needed
you don't really need any advice, you already know what you want to do, just go ahead and do it. If your father had jakpad, you won't be here now. Think of you kid(s).

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ucheuzor1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15
VEXT:
Most of u just come online to showoff

what he need is advice, not show off. Many of us are in similar delima. am also contemplating on leaving Nigeria as well. it's not an easy decision to make in all honesty.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:08pm On Jan 15
spiSeyi:
Jakpa is meant for your type, meanwhile set up a business venture for your wife and augment your business ventures. undecided
The bitter truth is that you can't save up to 4 M /year in Canada 🇨🇦 cool

I can't save up to 4m in Canadian dollar in per? Or what do you mean?

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by emperorlaqrin: 9:09pm On Jan 15
You don’t need to japa. Stay put with your job and go to this places for vacation.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by kurlar101(m): 9:10pm On Jan 15
Hi,

If you think of different things happening in Nigeria now, most especially the insecurity you will agree with me and never think twice before moving abroad. Please note that relocating abroad is a future goal that may take you 2-3years before balancing your status and you will have erased your mind of thinking about the Nigerian situation when relocating abroad. I will advise you to do your personal research on a country where you can relocate to as a lawyer and elite person you are. I will suggest you first look at a country where you can relocate to with family but never travel with family at first just make sure to fill in their information on VAF. As someone who has experienced such in the past. Please don't go on study route to Canada but PR (Family) if you can sacrifice for the processing, but that will take you nothing less than 8-10months processing. If you insist on a study route please try France Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden Finland, Luxembourg and Denmark. You will never regret going to those countries in the next 2-3year. Please and Please don't sell any of your properties.

Ire oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:10pm On Jan 15
seandurse:
Let the poor breathe bro, don't suffocate them. This post is close to the guy that came here to rant about his wife small boobs then uploaded his own big chest just to oppress us. Una go just dey buga left and right

This is not about buga, I swear... If you see me outside you can't believe I worth it self

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:11pm On Jan 15
aybabz101:
U must be a corporate or a political lawyer.....

The lawyers wey I know get as im b ooo....

May God bless the work of our hands

The funniest thing is I'm not... I am into general practice of law
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by kernniejay(m): 9:13pm On Jan 15
[quote author=RETURNOFENDSARS post=127944145]I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back. In all honesty I made between 600k-1.5m per month.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

quote] YOU QUICKLY CREATED A MONIKER AND DROP A LAMBA FOR THE GULLIBLES TO SWALLOW. EVERYBODY SHA WANT TO TREND ON NAIRALAND BY FORCE.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by lextube: 9:14pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.
In all honesty I made between 600k-1.5m per month.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much

Please don't go to Canada to study law, it will be a very unwise decision you will make if you decide to go to Canada for study purposes. Also, I understand that the major reason a lot of people convince themselves to japa from Nigeria, especially for someone of your status is insecurity. However, my brother, e easy for obodo-oyibo o.

What I would advise is that you should first of all go and visit a friend or a relative in the country of your choice which you want to migrate to. When you get there, ask questions and see how life is out there. If it is something you feel you can cope with, then by all means, japa. Otherwise, stay back in Nigeria and create wealth for yourself. You have a good amount of savings, build on it and make some mouth-watering investment for your future, and that of your Children.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by CockPit: 9:17pm On Jan 15
I am SICK and TIRED of these endless Japa thread.

Stay and build your country. Where are you going self.

These unpatriotic citizens self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:17pm On Jan 15
InvertedHammer:

/

Village people have finally located you.

Risk management analysis: Your wife is currently unemployed. So you have no idea who she really is. Once you migrate to Canada, you will lose your stronghold in Nigeria and possibly (actually most likely) your wife and kid.

/

Because I didn't say much about her doesn't mean I know her.... Infact she has more prospect there than me
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 9:18pm On Jan 15
Oluwomonext212:
If you make up to 1.5M a month pls stay back, make more, invest and build ur own empire. U may earn 3 to 4M a month in UK, Canada, but minus ur rent and bills and u would be shock at what u have left. Japa is for us who hardly make 200 to 300k a month in naija. Anyone with stable 600 to 1.5M monthly income is living a good life in naija.
hmmm na so person go think until its time to send your child to attend university abroad and you discover your 36million naira yearly income will only pay tuition for 1 year, and your child will still need to go and hustle for upkeep on his own, that's assuming dollar does not depreciate further.
As e dey go..make e no be say the 36m, na just 1 semester tuition e go fit pay in the next 3 years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by okerekingsley90: 9:18pm On Jan 15
Sirchiboy:
Bro no be so life be.
I don dey beg you since to run 10k for me but you no reply.

grin grin grin grin🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ucheuzor1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 15
Timidangote:
My own question is how do you intend to save in this current economy?
I wish you can teach me your savings model

If you earn very high, saving won't be your issue
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ucheuzor1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15
Candreva:
How can you be earning btw 600k - 1.5m ans still want to japa. Japa may eventually be better on the long run, but before it gets better you will blame yourself everyday for making the decision. I've been here for 7 years it's better now, but if I was making your kind of money in Nigeria and have the experience of japa that I currently have, I would never opt for japa!

which country you dey

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Rashyd123(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15
Honestly speaking, I don't see the reason for you leave your own country with this your income. Cause you travelling out of country to hustle it won't be that easy .

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:21pm On Jan 15
ChngedChnges:

Lol sorry am asking for a favour when you're seeking advice. Can you help me certify some of my documents? Its part of my own requirements. They are to be certified by a solicitor or notary public. I'll appreciate your response at least, thanks

Get a lawyer in your city, I can't reveal my identity... All the best bro.

5 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by haphizz57(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15
Free ticket to Palestine some pple ll go & leave 9ja
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by kernniejay(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15
[quote author=kurlar101 post=127960390]Hi,

If you think of different things happening in Nigeria now, most especially the insecurity you will agree with me and never think twice before moving abroad. Please note that relocating abroad is a future goal that may take you 2-3years before balancing your status and you will have erased your mind of thinking about the Nigerian situation when relocating abroad. I will advise you to do your personal research on a country where you can relocate to as a lawyer and elite person you are. YOU TRY. YOU JUST WASTED YOUR TIME GIVING LENGTHY ADVISE TO A CLOUT CHASER WHO JUST CREATED A MONIKER TO DROP A FABRICATED STORY JUST TO TREND AND THRILL HIS AUDIENCE

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by happney65: 9:27pm On Jan 15
You better use the money to build hostel and nothing.

Japa is for people who are struggling. Stay your fvcking ass here and it is obvious you are not struggling while you use the money with you to invest in hostel like you said
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Sirchiboy: 9:27pm On Jan 15
okerekingsley90:

grin grin grin grin🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bro no be so.
You don big pass this.
10k no go make you poor or rich
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Rhyzer: 9:28pm On Jan 15
Make the transition easy for yourself.

Send your wife for school over there. When she's done and get permanent residency maybe within 2 years of graduation, you got better ideas then and see better.
And if you decide to go to school then in Canada, your tuition is reduced by a factor of 3-4.

Its a good move, let your wife do that for now and you won't regret it over time but its an uphill task.
Mind you, your 15m is not enough, you need to arrange for more eventually.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:28pm On Jan 15
jedisco:
@op. You've highlighted your chances of carrer growth in Nigeria- what career path are you looking at in Canada?

Are there colleagues who have migrated you could speak with?

I have in Canada but they are not given me the necessary attention, they're always busy

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ucheuzor1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15
Okechinwadike:
150k monthly am not leaving Nigeria talk more of 600k. bros de naija oooooo,as long as you are doing legit business de here dude

what is 150k in this economy

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by hopefullight: 9:32pm On Jan 15
InvertedHammer:

/

Village people have finally located you.

Risk management analysis: Your wife is currently unemployed. So you have no idea who she really is. Once you migrate to Canada, you will lose your stronghold in Nigeria and possibly (actually most likely) your wife and kid.

/

Dont let your wife deceive you into Japa, cos here she's the king and you are the atm machine....you may loose your family...be warned....your wife may used amd dump u here.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by kernniejay(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15
landmark86:
1. You earn 500-1.5m and.
2. You also owned two bongallow.
And Japa is your next ambition.
U dey mad?
Just asking
the guy is a convinient liar. He just created that moniker to drop this lie. He is not any lawyer and he has no jack in his so called account.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Alagbole-Yokoyo Flyover Is Near Completion (PHOTOS) / Woman And Her Child Involved In Accident In Zamfara. Do You Know Them? / 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.