Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? (10828 Views)

Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Want A Street Named After You? / Ever Lived With A Disgusting Roommate? Share Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by bouncin04(m): 11:22am On Jan 17
grin
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by sonofElElyon: 11:23am On Jan 17
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Have you ever lived in a Street that their transformer always explode or develop mysterious fault? As in ehn! You would start wondering whether it is witchcraft.

The street rarely have power because when power becomes stable, the transformer would mysteriously develop fault and this could last for months.

Who can relate? grin

Question should be have you not lived on a street...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by tollyboy5(m): 11:23am On Jan 17
Beverlyjean:
100%... only when we called the head of phcn lagos b4 they got a brand new one...infact he personally came himself with his entourage.... if not that it'd a wealthy area , that man no go send anybody... I was surprised that the head of phcn in lagos will come himself .... cos a top shot that stay in same street called Ambode back then
Na because of the vip wey dey your area

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Parser: 11:25am On Jan 17
1 year+ now transformer has blown in my community. The previous one that was installed got blown also stayed for 1 yr+ also before this one that blown again. Some observers in the community has stated that why the frequent blowing was due to the activities of illegal miners within the community they use heavy machineries that draw power.

Thanks to renewal energy (Solar) to the rescue. I'm currently off-grid. Even tho, the light is restored; I won't connect to the grid.

This country, you have to provide everything for yourself. From security, to power, to water..

God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by GloriousGbola: 11:25am On Jan 17
It is because the transformer is overloaded.

It should be replaced with a larger transformer
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Bashnigga(m): 11:27am On Jan 17
Lol, normal tin for naija....
At times some areas go months without light before Nepa will come and fix/change it. That's after the peeps in the said area have contributed money for repair or for a new one

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by LibertyRep: 11:30am On Jan 17
It even become more frustrating when you're on estimated billing.
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:32am On Jan 17
Na kpians work be that.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by aywagze(m): 11:36am On Jan 17
Area that should get like 500KVA tx will be given 150kva ..reason for incessant pack up ..🤔

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Babaken(m): 11:38am On Jan 17
Those days in ebedei under ukwani loca government delta state the transformer there between ebedei and obiogene at the market square that one blow also every week some time it will start burning with serious flame.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Muhammadson2020: 11:39am On Jan 17
Yea. When I was staying at Lagos Island. Isale Eko precisely, no month wey d transformer no dey blow. grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Princezibk: 11:42am On Jan 17
Beverlyjean:
100%... only when we called the head of phcn lagos b4 they got a brand new one...infact he personally came himself with his entourage.... if not that it'd a wealthy area , that man no go send anybody... I was surprised that the head of phcn in lagos will come himself .... cos a top shot that stay in same street called Ambode back then
Is that an estate around IyAna Ipaja ??
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by CaptainFM1: 11:43am On Jan 17
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Have you ever lived in a Street that their transformer always explode or develop mysterious fault? As in ehn! You would start wondering whether it is witchcraft.

The street rarely have power because when power becomes stable, the transformer would mysteriously develop fault and this could last for months.

Who can relate? grin

You know darkness hates light. So the evil spirit thing is correct even if it's cable they stole there.

They are always stealing our own transformer cable until one day, I decided to buy Solar lamps and place around it.

It now makes some people to hate me.

Evil thrives where there's darkness.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by ThunderFireAgba: 11:43am On Jan 17
The current country I'm residing doesn't know anything call transformer.
Direct from the transmission house to your home with underground cables.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:47am On Jan 17
Princezibk:
Is that an estate around IyAna Ipaja ??

Nope...here on the island ...lekki
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by WombBreaker: 11:48am On Jan 17
Stop depending on state resources

There are a lot of ways an individual can generate his own electricity and powered his household

I stopped depending on state resources for a long time, had to grow my food and install my own solar system, installed a bike dynamo system in case solar becomes faulty

I

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Juniorangel(m): 11:53am On Jan 17
Na my Area be dat...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Princezibk: 11:54am On Jan 17
Beverlyjean:

Nope...here on the island ...lekki
ok ,,, Cuz a similar case happened in a highbrow estate “Hill Top” Iyana Ipaja…

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by yhemsy62(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17
Normal thing for my area here in Naraguta village

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Parser: 12:03pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

There are a lot of ways an individual can generate his own electricity and powered his household

I stopped depending on state resources for a long time, had to grow my food and install my own solar system, installed a bike dynamo system in case solar becomes faulty

I
Best way to go. Especially with that GMO approval that grazed the front page. Best way to be safe is to grow ur own food, generate ur own water(borehole) & power if possible enroll in some martial arts class for self defense cause the way this country dey go ehh!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by cokeryusuf09(m): 12:09pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

I
How does it work
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by kunle75(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17
Truvelisback:

Who can relate? grin

My brother I will never forget one place I rented at ikorodu, I spent 5yrs running generator morning and night, infact the mama landlady told me they took the light when I went for inspection and to top it all I have to single handedly paid for the new borehole and never been repaid till date.

Infact am glad I left the town eventually but not a bad place sha because I achieved alot while staying there.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by laivwire(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17
I once lived in a Secondary school quarters back in the 90s. My mum was a principal. We had just 4 houses in the school estate and the school had a transformer to itself. The day that transformer blew up was the beginning of night darkness until we left that place 7 months later. The school had no funds to replace the transformer and 4 civil servants cannot come up with the required funds either.

It literally reshaped our lives as we had to do every household chore in the time period between when we get back home from school and when night falls. All electronic gadgets were rendered redundant except for those powered by batteries: transistor radios. Thank goodness there were no mobile phones/computers then. I still wonder how we survived for so long

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Pweetyccee(f): 12:18pm On Jan 17
marlow1962:
Lol na normal thing for ezenie asaba
As in eeh
Their transformer matter just tire me

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by TyroneP(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17
This is hilarious!

Truvelisback:

Who can relate? grin
Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by kernniejay(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17
May I never have such experience again. The street where I stayed in Oworonshoki Lagos was notorious for transformer wahala and black out.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Savagedan(m): 12:36pm On Jan 17
Adenike second transformer, LAUTECH Ogbomosho

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Nackzy: 12:37pm On Jan 17
Yes oooo, ishom Agwom, they even came and prayered for the transformer not to blow again

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by HRMK: 1:08pm On Jan 17
IT IS SIMPLY A CASE OF OVERLOADING AND NOTHING MORE!IT IS TOO SMALL FOR YOUR POWER CONSUMPTION!YOU NEED TO HAVE IT UPGRADED NOW!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lived On A Street Where Their Transformer Always Blows? by Yestogood: 1:12pm On Jan 17
I just moved away from such a street. We had 3 bakeries on that one street. 17 days without electricity is a normal scenario. I would load my prepaid meter, and be unable to exhaust the units, even 6 months after. It was like living in my village. Mind you, my village doesn't have electricity poles....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Stops Building Of New Houses In Lagos / Pure Water Factory On 3 Plots For Sale In Ibadan / I Have 5 Million Naira And I Need A Land In The Heart Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.