Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? (21326 Views)

My children will not start school until 4 or 5 years old / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Theoarhics: 3:37pm On Jan 17
Una can ask rhetorical questions for this nairaland

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by tonykel1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17
4 years is the standard to start Primary School

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Judolisco(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17
To me when they start walking and talking

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by teadrake(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

Listen to this fellow at your own peril.
2 yrs is relatively better

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Pootle: 3:38pm On Jan 17
Thatedoboy98:
this one na baba werey grin grin

i swear grin

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by remsonik(f): 3:38pm On Jan 17
3 is fine,Nigeria we try to rush education for our kids without having to wait for their brains to develop well and have good intelligence.

That's why you see a 14 years old child in ss3 with no emotional intelligence, got admission into the university and misuses his brain to do bad and not good. I love the UK style, a child won't get into a class if he/she hasn't reach the expected age meant for the class.

23 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by khalleb(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17
2Yrs is ok

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Reelmii: 3:40pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

nooo..32 go dey ok

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Rolings: 3:40pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:
None

If you have the time , just home school and be with your kids

So tomorrow they will say my child did not go to school

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Creditalerts: 3:40pm On Jan 17
2 years so as to build up d medulla oblagata

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Kukutente23: 3:41pm On Jan 17
Olarewaju89:
grin

My first born started school after 1year and 6 months.

Never let your feelings get too deep for someone cause people can change at any moment.
Cute girl
Can I book her for my son?
He's cute too

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by remsonik(f): 3:43pm On Jan 17
tammyf:
When is the right time for a child to start school , 1 ,2 or 3 years .... ? And which class should he start ? Nursery or creche ?

3 is fine,Nigeria we try to rush education for our kids without having to wait for their brains to develop well and have good intelligence.

That's why you see a 14 years old child in ss3 with no emotional intelligence, got admission into the university and misuses his brain to do bad and not good. I love the UK style, a child won't get into a class if he/she hasn't reach the expected age meant for the class.

6 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by thehappyone: 3:44pm On Jan 17
tammyf:
When is the right time for a child to start school , 1 ,2 or 3 years .... ? And which class should he start ? Nursery or creche ?
Mine started pre- nursery at 2 years.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by 77up(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

Lol why not after 40 grin

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Lifemanage: 3:46pm On Jan 17
remsonik:

Nigeria people no know this one....na unnecessary rushing wey no de add value dem de do

8 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by harryboyng(m): 3:49pm On Jan 17
2 years. Mine started with KG1

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Bukola94: 3:50pm On Jan 17
3 or 4 years old KG1
Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by YourGFsnatcher: 3:52pm On Jan 17
When he's mentally stable enough.. it's not by age. In Finland, schooling starts at 7 years. They have the best educational system. Education is not stressing children, giving them overlaod work and pressuring them. I will never do that to my chidlren. These days we want to force children to grow into fast adults. I don't know all the need to rush. Success in life is not about how early u finish school, u might finish early and still don't have sense. Because your brain has been over pressured.

Once a child is mentally strong to attend school, that is when he should start

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Azaland(f): 3:54pm On Jan 17
I'll say 2 years old is fine. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by peterboro: 3:58pm On Jan 17
remsonik:

YOU SAID NOTHING HERE.

What point did you make now

DID YOU NOW GIVE ANY SUGGESTION or AN IDEAL AGE IDEA? Learn to be more logical beyond social media bland write ups.
Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by DivinegiftofGod: 3:59pm On Jan 17
This is a big issue. I saw one this week. Looks like a six month old baby. I shout say this one too don start school? With uniform o..

As I was taking them rhymes, he didn't even mind me and was just pacing up and down the classroom. I said what are parents looking for bikonu? This one that should still be sucking breast, they carry uniform hang for him neck. Though what I like about him is that he didn't cry or disturb as long as we didn't give him any task to do. cheesy grin lol..

The right age should be 4 but schools admit a year+ and 2 years old cos I remember when working as a full timer, all my pupils celebrated their 2nd birthday in kg 1 and as we were moving to kg2 they were already 2. I moved with them because parents say na me must handle their ward in the next class o. Na run I run that ebola period grin

Most of them dey secondary school now. Chai my babies.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by jude33084(m): 4:01pm On Jan 17
Age 3
Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by tunize(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

Hahahaha na 12 years dem take put you for pre school?

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by michlins(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17
peterboro:

YOU SAID NOTHING HERE.

What point did you make now

DID YOU NOW GIVE ANY SUGGESTION or AN IDEAL AGE IDEA? Learn to be more logical beyond social media bland write ups.
you don't read or you don't understand what you read. Which one is your problem

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by imagrg(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17
For the pre-kg class, 3 years.

For Primary 1 class: 6 years.

For the JS 1 class: 11 or 12.

This way, your child would be psychologically, socially and intellectually stable enough to handle challenges in learning and the social interaction that goes with it.

13 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by NELLY1990: 4:04pm On Jan 17
My daughter started at 2yrs plus. And she was great at nursery rhymes. But with my second daughter am thinking of waiting till shes 3. Times are changing now. In UK the normal age is 3. So follow your insticts and do what's best for your child.

But 2-3 is ok.
Another thing is when they are 3 they will be able to tell u what's been done to them in school either by their teacher or fellow pupils. Children have a way of expressing themselves and as a parent u don't neglect these information.

11 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Proffdada: 4:06pm On Jan 17
The Earlier the better

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by PDPGuy: 4:08pm On Jan 17
I think a child should start kindergarten at age 4
Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by Love800(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17
I want to know the meaning or difference between creche, kg, and nursery?

Anyone has an idea?
Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by pongwa(m): 4:12pm On Jan 17
tammyf:
3 for me
Re: When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? by kernniejay(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17
My first child, a son, started with "Baby class" when he was around 2 years because of how busy we the parents were at work. That really helped his IQ and made him a fast learner because when he gets home, he began to recite ABC and 123 that he was hearing from the older children class. Today, he is very brilliant and sharp.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest? / Funny Things That Children Say / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.