Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos (29678 Views)

‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . / Giannis Antetokounmpo Signs $228 Million Deal - The Richest In NBA History / Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes Forbes Highest Paid NBA Players 2018 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by deji17: 5:08pm On Jan 19
That one na omo ale. Ignoring his father language.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Princedapace(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19
Namaster:
You can ALWAYS count on black people to be especially DUMB. It doesn't matter how wealthy or famous they get.

Imagine establishing an Igbo Language learning school IN Lagos. A language that kids probably ONLY speak at home where they'd already learn it anyway.

It's an EXTREMELY dumb initiative.

Kids don't need to learn a language that is NOT the official language of any country. A language that's spoken by only about 40/50 million people.

Rather, a talent scouting agency or coding school or even trade school would have been a better project.

As small and tiny as poland is, they teach their kids in their native language. It doesnt matter the size, culture is essential for development and identity. I was shocked to see Estonia, a very small country, smaller than many Nigerian minority ethnic group addressing the world in their native language. Language is power and na why the whites use am very well on u blacks.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 5:09pm On Jan 19
Namaster:
You can ALWAYS count on black people to be especially DUMB. It doesn't matter how wealthy or famous they get.

Imagine establishing an Igbo Language learning school IN Lagos. A language that kids probably ONLY speak at home where they'd already learn it anyway.

Kids don't need to learn a language that is NOT the official language of any country. A language that's spoken by only about 40/50 million people.

Rather, a talent scouting agency or coding school or even trade school would have been a better project.

U WANT TO TELL HIM HOW TO INVEST HIS MONEY?

MUST U SHOW SO MUCH PAIN AND HATRED OVER EVERYTHING?

NO BE OBI MANDATE TINUBU THIEF AND IGBO PEOPLE STAY CALM.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by flokii: 5:11pm On Jan 19
This one is another Chinedu in the making.. he left his father side (Yoruba) to open school to teach language of his mother side (Igbo) in a Yoruba State (Lagos)..

Watch all inter-tribal marriages between Yorubas and Igbos.. if the husband is Yoruba, the wife (Igbo) will make it a duty to teach the kids Igbo language and give them Igbo names in addition to their Yoruba names, then the docile Yoruba men will be there lost and helpless.
But let it be Igbo man that married Yoruba woman.. the Igbo man will make sure the kids bear only Igbo names and identify as Igbo. Same thing with Hausas.

I don't know why Yorubas are like that.. too dull, docile infact all the words to qualify weak can be ascribed to our men. Shioor!

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Kinzo0917(m): 5:12pm On Jan 19
Preferito:
I watched the documentary and I didn't feel good when he said that his mum always frown at them whenever they try to speak Yoruba at home but she was cool with them speaking Igbo. His father is Yoruba while his mother is Igbo. But that doesn't mean that she should shield them from learning their father's culture.

When you have your family 👪, you can do as u want ok 👌

This is theirs and they don't know you exist

Una own no dey pass tribalism stuffs

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Ensa777(f): 5:13pm On Jan 19
casualobserver:

thats why Gbadebo cannot speak yoruba

You ppl never get this. The language of the mother who is always around them is what Children would easily pick up . It is the duty of the father to also make sure he speaks his own whenever he's around.They may not reply you but with time they'd.Babies can pick up to 5 languages before 8 yrs.
My neighbor speaks Efik to her kids while her Igbo husband is busy warning her not to but would never speak Igbo to them.How do you expect the women who doesn't know your language to speak it to them.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Donaldoni: 5:14pm On Jan 19
Nonsense! angry

2 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 5:14pm On Jan 19
flokii:
This one is another Chinedu in the making.. he left his father side (Yoruba) to open school to teach language of his mother side (Igbo) in a Yoruba State (Lagos)..

Watch all inter-tribal marriages between Yorubas and Igbos.. if the husband is Yoruba, the wife (Igbo) will make it a duty to teach the kids Igbo language and give them Igbo names in addition to their Yoruba names, then the docile Yoruba men will be there lost and helpless.
But let it be Igbo man that married Yoruba woman.. the Igbo will make sure the kids bear only Igbo names and identify as Igbo. Same thing with Hausas.

I don't know Yorubas are like that.. too dull, docile infact all the words to qualify weak can be ascribed to our men. Shioor!

YES, WE WERE WAITING FOR THE TRIBAL SLUR.

THE USUAL CHINEDU AND OMOALE BIGOT SLUR.

I BET, U WERE THE SAME PERSON THAT WAS TRYING TO TELL A MAN HOW TO SPEND HIS HARD EARNED CASH.

TRIBAL BIGOT

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by flokii: 5:15pm On Jan 19
hammer567:

YES, WE WERE WAITING FOR THE TRIBAL SLUR.

THE USUAL CHINEDU AND OMOALE BIGOT SLUR.

I BET, U WERE THE SAME PERSON THAT WAS TRYING TO TELL A MAN HOW TO SPEND HIS HARD EARNED CASH.

TRIBAL BIGOT

Abeg swerve.. I no get your time.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by EconFinance: 5:15pm On Jan 19
Preferito:
I watched the documentary and I didn't feel good when he said that his mum always frown at them whenever they try to speak Yoruba at home but she was cool with them speaking Igbo. His father is Yoruba while his mother is Igbo. But that doesn't mean that she should shield them from learning their father's culture.
He didn't say that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 5:16pm On Jan 19
flokii:

Abeg swerve.. I no get your time.

TRIBAL BIGOT AND SEVERE PAIN GO TOGETHER.

CRY SOME MORE!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by musicwriter(m): 5:16pm On Jan 19
Kudos!

What I can tell you for sure is that eventually we Africans will reclaim our native languages and Gods and get rid of everything our ancestors didn't create.

Unfortunately, the "literary giants" who are just as enslaved as the head pastor of the church don't know any better. Ngozi Adichie, who's supposed to be a global ambassador for Igbo language was here few days ago to do the opposite.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by paxx: 5:17pm On Jan 19
flokii:

But let it be Igbo man that married Yoruba woman.. the Igbo man will make sure the kids bear only Igbo names and identify as Igbo. Same thing with Hausas.

I don't know why Yorubas are like that.. too dull, docile infact all the words to qualify weak can be ascribed to our men. Shioor!

Why are you making this tribal. Isn't it called MOTHER TONGUE. Everyone knows kids tend to speak their mother's language and tend to be close to mom since dad tend to work hence the term MOTHER TONGUE.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Goodnewsforlife: 5:17pm On Jan 19
hammer567:

U WANT TO TELL HIM HOW TO INVEST HIS MONEY?

MUST U SHOW SO MUCH PAIN AND HATRED OVER EVERYTHING?

NO BE OBI MANDATE TINUBU THIEF AND IGBO PEOPLE STAY CALM.

oga this is not about tribalism but sense of belonging

This guy is making d same mistake of chinedu, he has an igbo mother n a Yoruba father but now he doesn’t identify with the Yoruba people

He’s here showing it to the world that he prefers his mothers side, so tomorrow now he will want to contest n he will want yorubas to support him?

Who does that?

I know that in no time he will b given a chieftancy title in igbo land, I can bet that for sure but tomorrow when the time comes he will want to claim Yoruba

Before u shout tribalism, look at Desmond Elliot n Adeleke of osun, they both have mixed parents n they flow well with each side

My point is once u relate with one n ignore d other one, when d time comes don’t expect anything from d side u ignore

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 5:18pm On Jan 19
Goodnewsforlife:
oga this is not about tribalism but sense of belonging

This guy is making d same mistake of chinedu, he has an igbo mother n a Yoruba father but now he doesn’t identify with the Yoruba people

He’s here showing it to the world that he prefers his mothers side, so tomorrow now he will want to contest n he will want yorubas to support him?

Who does that?

I know that in no time he will b given a chieftancy title in igbo land, I can bet that for sure but tomorrow when the time comes he will want to claim Yoruba

Before u shout tribalism, look at Desmond Elliot n Adeleke of osun, they both have mixed parents n they flow well with each side

My point is once u relate with one n ignore d other one, when d time comes don’t expect anything from d side u ignore

TRY AND MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY, SO U CAN INVEST WHEREVER U LIKE.

NO DEY DICTATE TO ANOTHER MAN HOW TO SPEND HIS MONEY.

THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE ANYBODY CAN GIVE U THIS YEAR.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Ofemannnu: 5:19pm On Jan 19
Slytiger:
Father Yoruba, mother Igbo. This one is another Gbarebo.

They take a cue from the Osun State governor. Who is also half Igbo but balances his ethnicities well.
I don't think he has an Igbo mother.He also doesn't have an Igbo name.
Yorubas are mostly soft and always show love to Igbos either male or female but their Igbo brethren are something else.
This has caused enmity especially recently.
Sam Aluko
Wọlé Soyinka
Obasanjo
Banjo
Fajuyi
Pa Adebanjo etc
are some of the Yoruba that have shown softness to Igbo people.
Yoruba always look at the Igbos as their brother,junior brother.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Victimoftribali: 5:19pm On Jan 19
When you have sense and money, do what you would do with it. For now, let those with means do what they deem best.

Namaster:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by saintrow1: 5:21pm On Jan 19
CandidAdmin:
I thought it was Adetokunbo?

His ibo mother turned him to another chinedu GRV.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by KosiGee(m): 5:21pm On Jan 19
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 5:21pm On Jan 19
Ofemannnu:
I don't think he has an Igbo mother.He also doesn't have an Igbo name.
Yorubas are mostly soft and always show love to Igbos either male or female but their Igbo brethren are something else.
This has caused enmity especially recently.
Sam Aluko
Wọlé Soyinka
Obasanjo
Banjo
Fajuyi etc
are some of the Yoruba that have shown softness to Igbo people.
Yoruba always look at the Igbos as their brother,junior brother.

IGBO IS NOT YOUR BROTHER.

MOST CERTAINLY NOT JUNIOR TO YORUBA IN ANY SENSE OR WORD.

CORRECT YOURSELF!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by flokii: 5:22pm On Jan 19
paxx:

Why are you making this tribal. Isn't it called MOTHER TONGUE. Everyone knows kids tend to speak their mother's language and tend to be close to mom since dad tend to work hence the term MOTHER TONGUE.

I guess you won't mind Peter Obi's kids opening school for kids in Anambra to learn Ibibio abi na Efik he (Obi) go marry..

Go through the thread and you'll find where a NLer pointed it out that the guy mentioned in his documentary that his Igbo mom was always frowning whenever they try to speak Yoruba.. I can confirm this bad habit among Igbo women married to our men because I have witnessed several scenarios like that.. Like why will you go and marry from a tribe you can't stand their language and culture?

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Gangster1ms: 5:22pm On Jan 19
Preferito:
I'm proud of that woman, she did the right thing. Discussions in yoruba is mostly about tribalism

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by casualobserver: 5:22pm On Jan 19
Ensa777:

You ppl never get this. The language of the mother who is always around them is what Children would easily pick up . It is the duty of the father to also make sure he speaks his own whenever he's around.They may not reply you but with time they'd.Babies can pick up to 5 languages before 8 yrs.
My neighbor speaks Efik to her kids while her Igbo husband is busy warning her not to but would never speak Igbo to them.How do you expect the women who doesn't know your language to speak it to them.

watch the video, he said it with his own mouth. His mother would scold him whenever he spoke yoruba. the father tried to get him to speak yoruba but the mother would not allow.

For some reaso. The link is t working just do a search for Gianni’s on Twitter

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Otunbakayce: 5:23pm On Jan 19
Namaster:

You are a very dumb person.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Goodnewsforlife: 5:24pm On Jan 19
hammer567:

TRY AND MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY, SO U CAN INVEST WHEREVER U LIKE.

NO DEY DICTATE TO ANOTHER MAN HOW TO SPEND HIS MONEY.

THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE ANYBODY CAN GIVE U THIS YEAR.
Guy I am not dictating to anyone, I am just stating d long term implications of actions of individuals

What u do today will become what will make or mar u tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Preferito(m): 5:24pm On Jan 19
paxx:

The father was upset when the mom would teach Igbo also. Inter tribal marriages should teach kids both languages and cultures. Inter tribal marriages are the key to ONE NIGERIA smiley <3

Guys please dont make this tribal. Everyone knows kids tend to speak their mother's language and tend to be close to mom hence the term MOTHER TONGUE.

My mother is yoruba and my dad is igbo :p . My fiancée is also yoruba, if you truly believe in nigeria, this should make you happy smiley
by the grace of god my kids will speak yoruba and igbo.
#ONENIGERIA
That's what I'm trying to say. It's meant to be balanced. But his mother seems possessive. Even his uncles that he met were all from the mother's side.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 5:25pm On Jan 19
flokii:

I guess you won't mind Peter Obi's kids opening school for kids in Anambra to learn Ibibio abi na Efik he (Obi) go marry..

Go through the thread and you'll find where a NLer pointed it out that the guy mentioned in his documentary that his Igbo mom was always frowning whenever they try to speak Yoruba.. I can confirm this bad habit among Igbo women married to our men because I have witnessed several scenarios like that.. Like why will you go and marry from a tribe you can't stand their language and culture?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?

PETER OBI WIFE IS IBIBIO, IF HIS SON OPEN SCHOOL TO TEACH IBIBIO, WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?

PEOPLE WILL LEARN AND USE IT WHEN THEY GO TO UYO FOR TRADE.

LIKE I ALWAYS SAID, YOU LOT NEED A SEPARATE COUNTRY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR WAHALA.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by paxx: 5:25pm On Jan 19
flokii:

In that same video he said his father would be mad whenever the mom speaks igbo. Seems like they were not able to embrace BOTH cultures - which would have been an EASY fix.

Why would you marry a woman and not want her to speak her language to her children? both of them should have compromised.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by nakaman: 5:25pm On Jan 19
Namaster:

That's a whole lot of nonsense up there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Jan 19
Foolish move AT THIS TIME. Obvious question is, why Lagos?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by paxx: 5:26pm On Jan 19
Preferito:

That's what I'm trying to say. His mother seems possessive. Even his uncles that he met were all from the mother's side.

seems like the father was possessive also. They should have just taught the kids BOTH languages. Easy solution.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Ensa777(f): 5:26pm On Jan 19
casualobserver:

watch the video, he said it with his own mouth. His mother would scold him whenever he spoke yoruba. the father tried to get him to speak yoruba but the mother would not allow.

https:///_callmebekky/status/1748271181390561367?s=46&t=zIh8l0Y5x1WkbEiRY9Q56Q

I watched the video.pls do without bias.Both parents scolded each other.They should have spoken both.The mother responded thus cos she was also stopped from speaking hers to them. Now the man's death just gave her upper hand. That's all

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Emenike Rocks New WestHam Jersey (pic) / "I Don't Need To Be Captain" - Paul Pogba Hits Back At Coach Jose Mourinho / Seedorf: Cristiano Ronaldo Could Equal My Champions League Record With Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.