Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos (29733 Views)

‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . / Giannis Antetokounmpo Signs $228 Million Deal - The Richest In NBA History / Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes Forbes Highest Paid NBA Players 2018 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by mariahAngel(f): 7:19pm On Jan 19
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:21pm On Jan 19
africandollar:
I thought his father was Yoruba?

He should speedily change his surname from Adetokunbo to whatever is mother's maiden name was... abi what sort of tomfoolery is this ke? You dey bear Yoruba surname come dey propagate only Igbo language? Why do women like confusing their children like this? You can't even allow the children to do something in the memory of their late father despite all he suffered to bring up these kids with you?

The man don die since and now you are the only one enjoying the wealth of your children yet you are angry when they tried to learn their father's language and preferred them learning yours instead? The man is no longer alive yet you are still competing with him, no be juju be that?

The least you could have done is support them in learning both languages...abi no be one Nigeria again?
Nothing like one Nigeria
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19
Goodnewsforlife:
I pity any man that marries an igbo wan especially if u aren’t igbo

See the case of chinedu in Lagos, nothing is heard about d father despite been alive n the guy hates yorubas but love igbo

Many of them train their kids from tender age to hate yorubas
Ooh you want them to hate Igbos like you yorubas?

3 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19
flokii:

Then Yorubas should wake up and start calling our men to order.. if not, asa ati ede wa ma sonu.

The Igbo feminist women abi na axe head should look elsewhere for men, not among Yorubas who they end up turning to wrapper while they dictate everything in the home, something they can never try in Igboland and Igbo culture. Their place na inside bedroom and inside kitchen to be frying turkey for Mazis and the men during family meetings. Some of them still drink water used in bathing their dead husbands corpse in Igboland till date.

Igbo women are the most educated and empowered in Nigeria.

Your corpse rubbish was an ancient thing in a small part of Igboland that was invented when they suspected the woman to be the cause of her husband's death. Go and sleep

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:23pm On Jan 19
This Igbo bride married an Ijaw man.

We are not begging anybody to marry from us.

Try and resist the beauty if u can. grin grin

AchalUgo Nwanyi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Usenokpevbo: 7:24pm On Jan 19
Kennyswag:
Why didn't he build it in anambra or enugu?

lunatic!!!
he cannot build it in anambra because anambra is already home to Igbo people. Even Enugu, but Lagos is the biggest city in Africa, home to a huge chunk of Igbos, some of them might not be able to properly speak their language. Lagos is so cosmopolitan, in fact the population of Igbos in Lagos is more than Ekiti. It would have raised eyebrow if it was Oyo not lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:26pm On Jan 19
No be to they rant and make mouth online.

Even El Rufai, the fulani man is Igbo inlaw.

We want to leave because we wont miss any of you, but you cant let go.

Na dem dey rush us. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by kelly72: 7:26pm On Jan 19
Namaster:
You can ALWAYS count on black people to be especially DUMB. It doesn't matter how wealthy or famous they get.

Imagine establishing an Igbo Language learning school IN Lagos. A language that kids probably ONLY speak at home where they'd already learn it anyway.

It's an EXTREMELY dumb initiative.

Skill acquisition centre would be more like it
I don't know his reasons though
Kids don't need to learn a language that is NOT the official language of any country. A language that's spoken by only about 40/50 million people.

Rather, a talent scouting agency or coding school or even trade school would have been a better project.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by kelly72: 7:27pm On Jan 19
Skill acquisition centre would be more like it
I don't know his reasons though

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by kelly72: 7:29pm On Jan 19
Preferito:
I watched the documentary and I didn't feel good when he said that his mum always frown at them whenever they try to speak Yoruba at home but she was cool with them speaking Igbo. His father is Yoruba while his mother is Igbo. But that doesn't mean that she should shield them from learning their father's culture.

But he said also that his father got mad each time they spoke Igbo at home. Are you pretending not to have heard that too?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19
flokii:
This one is another Chinedu in the making.. he left his father side (Yoruba) to open school to teach language of his mother side (Igbo) in a Yoruba State (Lagos)..

Watch all inter-tribal marriages between Yorubas and Igbos.. if the husband is Yoruba, the wife (Igbo) will make it a duty to teach the kids Igbo language and give them Igbo names in addition to their Yoruba names, then the docile Yoruba men will be there lost and helpless.
But let it be Igbo man that married Yoruba woman.. the Igbo man will make sure the kids bear only Igbo names and identify as Igbo. Same thing with Hausas.

I don't know why Yorubas are like that.. too dull, docile infact all the words to qualify weak can be ascribed to our men. Shioor!
How many Igbo men wan marry yoruba girls sef?

Abeg shift.

4 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by HNICEARTH: 7:30pm On Jan 19
ElSudani:

Don't blame the guy, the idea is probably his mother's idea. She most certainly changed their surname. Nobody will just accept the type of mistake they attributed to the weird sounding name.

Ode!

The mother never changed their surname. He is a greek nationale. That name is the spelling and pronunciation of adetokunbo in greek. His name was changed over their after nationalising. Αντετοκούνμπο

Stop making comments out of ignorance, hatred and bigotry.

3 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:31pm On Jan 19
chiagozien:
How many Igbo men wan marry yoruba girls sef?

Abeg shift.

He talks like a drunkard.

If na dem get this oil and gas everybody in Nigeria benefit, i doubt they will alow us to drink water and drop cup.

That is y dem no get anything for SW region.

3 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Shikena(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19
Ugo’s gateman has spoken grin

Sctests:

Ugo is not interested in your dirty agbado politics. He is Greek and American. Your opinion won't be relevant when he contests and wins after joining American or Greek politics.

Your emilokan dey powerless there.

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by dettolgel: 7:34pm On Jan 19
Madeu:

Another Bunkum talk. You lot disrespect and insult Yoruba women for years in this forum. Now you're pitching your tent to Yoruba men. Hello to yourself and ilk, take your BS away!! Yoruba men are not in your league.
Seun and his mod won't delete post like this. But quick to delete a similar one if the reverse was the case.
FYI, there is nothing spectacular about Marrying igbo men. Pissss out

Did I hurt your feelings? Pele grin. I didn't say there was anything spectacular about marrying an Igbo man.

Go to front page now there is a case of a sick woman abandoned by her husband since last year and the hospital had to drop her at the husband shop. You know what happened, the husband locked his shop and ran away.

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by HNICEARTH: 7:34pm On Jan 19
kingthreat:
This is a case where a father lost his home to his wife.
Even the Yoruba last name is spelt wrongly.

He did not lose his home to his wife. They both gifted their offsprings to Greece.

The last name wasnt spelt wrongly. It was coined for acceptance by the greeks. He is a greek nationale. Accept him for who he is. If he was a nigerian, you guys would have dealth with him with hatred and bigotry. In greece, he found a home and his passport has to bear adetokunbo coined in a way to sound greek. Αντετοκούνμπο

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19
Goodnewsforlife:
oga this is not about tribalism but sense of belonging

This guy is making d same mistake of chinedu, he has an igbo mother n a Yoruba father but now he doesn’t identify with the Yoruba people

He’s here showing it to the world that he prefers his mothers side, so tomorrow now he will want to contest n he will want yorubas to support him?

Who does that?

I know that in no time he will b given a chieftancy title in igbo land, I can bet that for sure but tomorrow when the time comes he will want to claim Yoruba

Before u shout tribalism, look at Desmond Elliot n Adeleke of osun, they both have mixed parents n they flow well with each side

My point is once u relate with one n ignore d other one, when d time comes don’t expect anything from d side u ignore
He don't identify with yorubas by not hating and showing hatred for Igbos? grin grin

Because the only way to be friends of Yorubas or good Nigerian is hating igbos.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Kennyswag: 7:35pm On Jan 19
Zool6:

Mumu talk Igbo blood is already in Tinunbu Family Fela Family Adeleke family Akeredolus Alafin of Oyo so Segun Arinze, Singer Yemi Alade Desmond Eliot, Rapper Skepa ,Rapper Rotimi , mathematics wizard Faith Odunsi etc hate yorubas?? according to ur wrapped mind

Its simple allow the kids to get aquited with both there father and mother language and culture if u want to lord over them in the name of being of father of the house u will end up loosing out woefully

Ugo said there mother use to teach them Igbo secretly meaning the Father obviously banned it at home imagine children u co owns with ur partner but banned them from learning anything about ur partner culture none JUJU be that ?

When did skepta become igbo?

1 Like

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:38pm On Jan 19
chiagozien:
He don't identify with yorubas by not hating and showing hatred for Igbos? grin grin

Because the only way to be friends of Yorubas or good Nigerian is hating igbos.

Many actually forced to pretend to hate Igbo.

In this case, they want the boy to hate half of himself.

Is that not the height of heavy foolery? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Madeu(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19
dettolgel:

Did I hurt your feelings? Pele grin. I didn't say there was anything spectacular about marrying an Igbo man.

Go to front page now there is a case of a sick woman abandoned by her husband since last year and the hospital had to drop her at the husband's shop. You know what happened, the husband locked his shop and ran away.
Happens even in your umunna!
Didn't hurt my feelings.. Checking your overbearing excess and empty bragging.
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19
Ofemannnu:
I don't think he has an Igbo mother.He also doesn't have an Igbo name.
Yorubas are mostly soft and always show love to Igbos either male or female but their Igbo brethren are something else.
This has caused enmity especially recently.
Sam Aluko
Wọlé Soyinka
Obasanjo
Banjo
Fajuyi
Pa Adebanjo etc
are some of the Yoruba that have shown softness to Igbo people.
Yoruba always look at the Igbos as their brother,junior brother.

Speaking in contrary grin grin grin

Awolowo

Oba of Lagos.

Etc..

You people don't show respect to your supposed senior brothers the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:39pm On Jan 19
Kennyswag:
When did skepta become igbo?

Half Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Christlike01: 7:39pm On Jan 19
This one's mother has brainwashed him to drop or hate his Yoruba root ! Anyway,we don't have any problem with Igbo learning centre for kids but why not take it to Igbo land where your mother hails from,why Lagos ?

2 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19
flokii:

I guess you won't mind Peter Obi's kids opening school for kids in Anambra to learn Ibibio abi na Efik he (Obi) go marry..

Go through the thread and you'll find where a NLer pointed it out that the guy mentioned in his documentary that his Igbo mom was always frowning whenever they try to speak Yoruba.. I can confirm this bad habit among Igbo women married to our men because I have witnessed several scenarios like that.. Like why will you go and marry from a tribe you can't stand their language and culture?
Yoruba men should learn to marry yoruba girls.

Leave Igbos women

We no beg una or wan an.

5 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:42pm On Jan 19
Christlike01:
This one's mother has brainwashed him to drop or hate his Yoruba root ! Anyway,we don't have any problem with Igbo learning centre for kids but why not take it to Igbo land where your mother hails from,why Lagos ?

We already told you, Lagos is no mans land.

IF U CLAIM TO OWN LAGOS, POINT OUT YOUR VILLAGE THERE AND STAY IN YOUR VILLAGE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by jojothaiv(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19
CandidAdmin:
I thought it was Adetokunbo?
That's the correct name but then life happens
Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Kennyswag: 7:42pm On Jan 19
Usenokpevbo:
he cannot build it in anambra because anambra is already home to Igbo people. Even Enugu, but Lagos is the biggest city in Africa, home to a huge chunk of Igbos, some of them might not be able to properly speak their language. Lagos is so cosmopolitan, in fact the population of Igbos in Lagos is more than Ekiti. It would have raised eyebrow if it was Oyo not lagos
i don't care about your rubbish.

He should take that nonsense to its rightful place which is igboland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19
Gangster1ms:

I'm proud of that woman, she did the right thing. Discussions in yoruba is mostly about tribalism
Very hate filled things.

The mother did well

4 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by Kennyswag: 7:43pm On Jan 19
hammer567:

Half Igbo!
he is yoruba mr man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:43pm On Jan 19
Kennyswag:
i don't care about your rubbish.

He should take that nonsense to its rightful place which is igboland.

HE HAS DROP IT IN LAGOS, THE NO MANS LAND.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by hammer567: 7:44pm On Jan 19
Kennyswag:
he is yoruba mr man
His mother is Igbo.

Even Mr Eazi mama na Igbo too.

3 Likes

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19
hammer567:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?

PETER OBI WIFE IS IBIBIO, IF HIS SON OPEN SCHOOL TO TEACH IBIBIO, WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?

PEOPLE WILL LEARN AND USE IT WHEN THEY GO TO UYO FOR TRADE.

LIKE I ALWAYS SAID, YOU LOT NEED A SEPARATE COUNTRY BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR WAHALA.
Small thing is always problem to them yet they want one Nigeria by fire and by force.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. / "I Speak To Didier Drogba Daily, Warned Thierry Henry" - Romelu Lukaku / Paul Hamilton Is Dead (Ex-Super Eagles Coach)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.