Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! (27395 Views)

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) / Lady Shares Photos Of Dirty House Of A Benin 'Big Boy' She Visited / Landlady Discovers Dirty State Of Toilet After Dirty Tenant Moved Out (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by BlackAIIDay: 9:39pm On Jan 20
Grupo:
More information:

I have pumped the water for more than three hours nonstop before. Yet this continues.

When you start pumping at first, the water is dirty but clears after like 10 to 20 minutes. And the water remains clean like that for the rest of the day.

But once I try to pump again the following day, it starts with very dirty water again. And continues for like another 10 to 20 minutes before it clears and becomes clean.

We had this same issue with our water last year and I think the man that finally fixed it said our well was too deep for the location it was and he fixed it by reducing the number of pipes in the well from 8 to 6 and a half.

So I think you should do the same by take out one pipe or half of a pipe. This should work
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by specialzobo(m): 9:58pm On Jan 20
3kay945:

Your case is strange to me, like how many minutes is the clean water before the color one? Am thinking maybe the first clean water are the ones in your pipes before the real pumped water comes out. And does the color remains or change to clean later during pumping?
The water is clean when pumped out,but changes colour after some minutes.
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by JhyMedex: 10:21pm On Jan 20
Grupo:

Drilling alone was 715k @11k per meter.

Pump installation together with rising pipe and labor was around 170k.
Okay thanks. Much appreciated

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Collins4u1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 20
you drill borehole abi you dig well?
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by shobusag: 10:42pm On Jan 20
Grupo:
Hello all,

Please I drilled a new borehole for my village house.

According to the geologist who did the survey, we'd get water at 65 meters. So I paid him to bring drillers to drill 65m well.

After the whole drilling and installation, and flushing of the well, I noticed that each time I pump the water, the well brings out dirty brown water for like 20 minutes before it starts bringing out clean water.

And the next time I pump the water, it repeats the same way. I have contacted the drilling company and they are not saying anything useful.

Please I will appreciate contributions from experienced people on how to navigate this challenge.

Please @mods, or the mod in charge of this section, kindly help me push this to the front page. I really need opinions.

Thanks.
Don't worry, the colour is not bad, give it one to two weeks. It will become very clean even when u start pumping

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Audu2008: 10:52pm On Jan 20
specialzobo:
Hello,What would you say about a borehole that the water comes out pure, but later changes colour to brownish yellow with oil like substance on top. That is the the situation with my borehole.Any solution to this?

What you have sir is iron in your borehole water and not oil. In your case, there are two options of what you can do. The cheapest is to use small tanks and only pump what you will use immediately so the iron does not coagulate on top of the water, the second option is to treat the water for iron contamination.
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by specialzobo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20
Audu2008:

What you have sir is iron in your borehole water and not oil. In your case, there are two options of what you can do. The cheapest is to use small tanks and only pump what you will use immediately so the iron does not coagulate on top of the water, the second option is to treat the water for iron contamination.
Thanks.For the second option,How do I treat the water for iron?
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Boreholedrillin: 11:30pm On Jan 20
gtassure:

Hello! I need to ask you a borehole water question! How can I get borewater drinkable for a community with no access to drinkable water! We dug a bore that bring out clean water but is not drinkable. In yoruba it's called "olo lenu"

Which state do you want to drill the borehole
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Reeb2244: 11:35pm On Jan 20
handsomeyinka:
No gree for your bore hole ooo
😆😆😆
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by MasterTeeUSA: 11:52pm On Jan 20
Can you post the survey report here? Maybe there was recommendation was certain amount of casings that you didn't do to specification. Some times the borehole companies also shortchange people so one need to read the meters of casings, ask the length of each casing and make sure the numbers match...if each casing is 3m and you need 42m, you will need 14 casings or 15 just to be sure.

Grupo:
Hello all,

According to the geologist who did the survey, we'd get water at 65 meters. So I paid him to bring drillers to drill 65m well.

After the whole drilling and installation, and flushing of the well, I noticed that each time I pump the water, the well brings out dirty brown water for like 20 minutes before it starts bringing out clean water.

And the next time I pump the water, it repeats the same way. I have contacted the drilling company and they are not saying anything useful.

Please I will appreciate contributions from experienced people on how to navigate this challenge.

Please @mods, or the mod in charge of this section, kindly help me push this to the front page. I really need opinions.

Thanks.
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by bcomputer101: 1:29am On Jan 21
3kay945:

What is "reline" ? Bro

It means re-casing with a smaller casing
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Grupo(m): 1:50am On Jan 21
BlackAIIDay:

We had this same issue with our water last year and I think the man that finally fixed it said our well was too deep for the location it was and he fixed it by reducing the number of pipes in the well from 8 to 6 and a half.

So I think you should do the same by take out one pipe or half of a pipe. This should work

Interesting. Please what's the depth of your well? If you know. And where's your location (if you don't mind sharing).
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Mcreloaded(m): 7:10am On Jan 21
Had a similar experience here in benin city.
All I did was to remove one pipe as I deduced with my calculations that the pipe is closer to the ground and as such when I start pumping it scatters the dirt underground the river before it now settles and start pumping clean water.

Remove one pipe or cut half of a section of the pipe as the pipe is too close to the bottom.

2 Likes

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Boreholedrillin: 7:24am On Jan 21
With my years of experience in this borehole drilling industry removing 1 or 2 pipes works fine if flushing is not the problem, you can try it and come back to give us feedback.

Call a plumber they can help out in removing the pipe

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Shantyken(m): 7:34am On Jan 21
Grupo:
Hello all,

Thanks.

Call this number 08030617441
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Grupo(m): 7:37am On Jan 21
Mcreloaded:
Had a similar experience here in benin city.
All I did was to remove one pipe as I deduced with my calculations that the pipe is closer to the ground and as such when I start pumping it scatters the dirt underground the river before it now settles and start pumping clean water.

Remove one pipe or cut half of a section of the pipe as the pipe is too close to the bottom.

I think I'll try this. As many people have suggested same.

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by BlackAIIDay: 7:55am On Jan 21
Grupo:

Interesting. Please what's the depth of your well? If you know. And where's your location (if you don't mind sharing).

Location is akwa ibom and I think it was up to 160m

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by saydfact(m): 8:03am On Jan 21
Grupo:

This sounds like it would help. Thanks so much. I'll try these.

Uwc.... Kindly tag me on the eventual outcome..
Appreciate

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by CzarChris(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21
Grupo:
Hello all,

Thanks.
Which subsurface survey method did the geologist use in knowing the best depth to get to the water table? Answer this 1st and I'll give you the best solution to this.
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by worksmart(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21
Only the engineer who drilled the borehole would know the solution.

Best thing you can do immediately is to get samples of your water tested to ensure it is safe to consume , if the test indicates it is safe to use then there is no problem and you can manage as it is.
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by tioyoung(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21
No need to panic
It will get cleaner with time
Mine took about 2months before it became clean.
Guess's it's associated with clay particles attached to the pipe while drilling
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by brandybria(f): 2:58pm On Jan 22
It will bring out dirty water first, for more than 1hr, then later clean water.
Grupo:

Wow. But I want to get something.

Would your own bring out dirty water first before bringing out clean one?

Or was the water usually dirty all through?
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Grupo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22
brandybria:
It will bring out dirty water first, for more than 1hr, then later clean water.

Okay. Thanks for feedback.

Mine only brings out dirty water for a few minutes before it becomes clear. So I'm certain it'll improve with time.

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Kinterez(m): 12:48am On Jan 23
gtassure:

Hello! Can I do the same for a well of 190 meters with clean water but not drinkable! It has been left unused for 2years!
You mean 190mts or 190ft? If you really meant it, Then you need 3kilos of chlorine, 4kilos of industrial salt and 5kilos of alum....put it inside, flush it down with enough water until u r sure it got to the water level, leave it for 3hrs, Then flush out till its drinkable

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Cassandraloius: 11:43am On Jan 23
BigCowHornn:

That's because you are not a landlord or you have never built a house from scratch

From the first day you drill a borehole the water is dirty and that's why pump out the water for hours and hours to clear it. The process is called flushing

Sometimes chemicals are necessary

But if don't get the whole process right flaw in the war lining your case will be like the ops

The borehole in my house in Lagos cost under 120k but the one in east cist over a million

Now sit and wonder why.

Wow! I'll build mine someday.
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by gtassure: 5:03pm On Jan 23
Kinterez:

You mean 190mts or 190ft? If you really meant it, Then you need 3kilos of chlorine, 4kilos of industrial salt and 5kilos of alum....put it inside, flush it down with enough water until u r sure it got to the water level, leave it for 3hrs, Then flush out till its drinkable
Thank you! It's meters not feet! Lol! Do you think it's to deep?

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Worldlegend(m): 3:32pm On Jan 24
incogni2o:

Wisdom?

Is this solution feasible? Where will he pumps the water to when the tank becomes full

Shouldn’t you understand this simple adage??
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Kinterez(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24
gtassure:

Thank you! It's meters not feet! Lol! Do you think it's to deep?
Kinda...I stay in delta and I have drilled around ...Anyway just do what I said, it will get back to being clean...All the best...I'm a driller btw

1 Like

Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by vicardino(m): 10:39am On Jan 25
Kinterez:

Sir, are these the chemicals needed to flush a borehole? Mine have wasted two submersible already by packing in sand. I've been told to do flushing but I've been foot dragging but with this info, I'm willing to give it a try myself. I'd appreciate your response sir. Thank you greatly
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Kinterez(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25
vicardino:

Sir, are these the chemicals needed to flush a borehole? Mine have wasted two submersible already by packing in sand. I've been told to do flushing but I've been foot dragging but with this info, I'm willing to give it a try myself. I'd appreciate your response sir. Thank you greatly
My dear how many tanker you wan use do flushing for that kind of mtrs....Just try that chemical combination, then see the magic
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Edetfreeman: 4:10pm On Mar 01
They drilled borehole for me last week but since that day till now each time I pump water, after few minutes the water will stop to flow. I have complained to the driller and he told me that the screen has not fully open. Has anybody witness such thing before. Should I ask him to come and change the screen?
Re: My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help! by Grupo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04
Edetfreeman:
They drilled borehole for me last week but since that day till now each time I pump water, after few minutes the water will stop to flow. I have complained to the driller and he told me that the screen has not fully open. Has anybody witness such thing before. Should I ask him to come and change the screen?

They didn't carry out geo survey before drilling?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! / Man's House Gutted By Fire While Watching Man City V Chelsea Match In Uyo.Photos / School Building Collapses In Port Harcourt (Immanuel Comprehensive High School)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.