Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

What The Bible Teaches About Money - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Teaches About Money (8926 Views)

What The Quran Teaches About Holy Spirit And Jesus Birth (shocking Revelation) / What Bible Teaches On Criticising Men Of God. / Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Satsatboy: 10:16am On Jan 21
SheikhMuniru:
Wetin dey inside bible? No wonder you are all poor
u wey nor poor u don buy d whole world? or where your riches don carry u teach because d last time i check ur name no dey even top 3 billions richest pipo o 😀😀
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by blowjohn(m): 10:23am On Jan 21
Emefelie needs to read this..

The man made money ruler over his life
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Majatechworks: 10:27am On Jan 21
Mikelarteta:
Money is the root of all evil. But make money, make it and make it again.

Not money but the love of money
Always try to read and ask God for understanding
The bible is not a novel
Don't add or take away its words because there is no forgiveness
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Percy0006(m): 10:28am On Jan 21
nigeriansamurai:
you are totally wrong christainity has been all about money and power. Did you know? that christains where the first bankers? And also that Muslims have the highest number poor people in Nigeria? do you also know that world bank has strong ties with the Vatican? WELL NOW YOU DO...

Until all of us get to know any religious activities do not make us get closer to GOD, till then we are still fooling ourselves... The scope is GOD and GOD alone.. we continue to fight ourselves and getting in competition of the best religion that he GOD approved and the same GOD is laughing at us.. if you love people and everything about you produce love then no matter what you believe in, if it doesn't contradict the will of GOD then you will be assured of rest... now people will attack that no matter what you believe in statement I just made.. brothers and sisters if nairaland can still be available in heaven I am so confident most of you will react back to this message when you see high profile men of GOD Rot in hell.. LET'S US BE UNITED IN BELIEVING GOD.. stop the competition and the difference.. if I believe in jesus and I am saved, leave the others to believe in Issa to be saved and have their own encounter.. having encounter really matter most.... we cannot force a believe on anybody, No matter what you tell most people their place of will is aligned to what they belive in .. let's live in peace and unity for the Kingdom of GOD to be established here on earth.. *PREACH GOD NOT RELIGION* if you belive this message is yours why not join this whatsapp link https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaFf6e8I1rcmzR5FB52R and let's create a community to share more insight from GOD.. HAVE A LOVELY SUNDAY
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Emmanuel602(m): 10:38am On Jan 21
Btruth:
What the Bibplle teaches about money

Sun, 21 Jan 2024

‘Though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.’ Psalm 62:10

Let’s settle it once and for all. If God can trust you with something small, He will trust you with more (see Luke 16:10, 2 Corinthians 9:6-11). But His blessings come with certain conditions, and here are four you need to honour.

1) Don’t try to claim credit. God told the Israelites, ‘You may say to yourself 
 “My hands have produced this wealth for me.” But remember the LORD 
 for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth 
 If you ever forget 
 you will surely be destroyed’ (Deuteronomy 8:17-19 NIV).

2) Don’t forget others. The Bible commands ‘Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share 
 so that they may take hold of that which is truly life’ (1 Timothy 6:17-19 NASB20).

3) Don’t become arrogant. Jeremiah admonishes us, ‘Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong 
 of their strength or the rich 
 of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD’ (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NIV).

4) Don’t allow anything to take God’s place. ‘Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, “Who is the LORD?”’ (Proverbs 30:8-9 NIV). Remember, you don’t own anything – you’re just an administrator of God’s estate and an executor of His will. It’s an awesome responsibility, so make sure you do a good job.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Zanzibar1: 10:53am On Jan 21
Olabodela:
May God help me not to forget others...
amen
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by nigeriansamurai(m): 10:56am On Jan 21
Percy0006:

LET'S US BE UNITED IN BELIEVING GOD...
I never said i am a CHRISTAIN... and you see that your statement above is impossible if you want to preach tolerance fine. but just know that different religons have different needs. That is why religous tolerance can only be found when involved parties PUT ASIDE THEIR RELIGION and not when they "BELIEVE GOD TOGETHER"(history has show us that even when different religons pray for the same thing conflict can still be ensure due to differences)... i never supported any religon i only tried to correct. SOMEONE's misinformation with the TRUTH. have a lovely week...
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Quebec91(m): 11:01am On Jan 21
cheesy
AntiChristian:
How much was Jesus worth from birth to death in the Bible?
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by epainos: 11:13am On Jan 21
No one needs to teach anyone to be humble....kidnapppers will in Naija. Shikena.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Lovestrong(m): 11:17am On Jan 21
CandidAdmin:

Wealth is by hardwork oga. Na God dey multiply am for us.

Assuming you said only, I for understand.

But if you think God is the sole provider, then you're dead wrong.
no mind-am, even Christ said, work hard. Donot be lazy serve d lord with a heart full of devotion and pray at all time's......him come dey cap vertical
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by cozy7(m): 11:20am On Jan 21
Btruth:
What the Bible teaches about money

Sun, 21 Jan 2024

Let’s settle it once and for all. If God can trust you with something small, He will trust you with more (see Luke 16:10, 2 Corinthians 9:6-11). But His blessings come with certain conditions, and here are four you need to honour.

If you ever forget 

2) Don’t forget others. The Bible commands ‘Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share 
 so that they may take hold of that which is truly life’ (1 Timothy 6:17-19 NASB20).

3) Don’t become arrogant. Jeremiah admonishes us, ‘Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong 
 of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD’ (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NIV).

4) Don’t allow anything to take God’s place. ‘Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, “Who is the LORD?”’ (Proverbs 30:8-9 NIV). Remember, you don’t own anything – you’re just an administrator of God’s estate and an executor of His will. It’s an awesome responsibility, so make sure you do a good job.
I luv d way u backed up every sentence or point with a bible verse, makes your entire writeup more believable n impossible to hv an objection to. Thanks, this was a good read to me.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Trophy12: 11:39am On Jan 21
Money is the root of all Evil according to Bible but we day pay tithes for church. I no understand oo.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by lendahand(m): 11:49am On Jan 21
Mikelarteta:
you're misquoting, beware! Love of money is the root of all evil and not the money itself.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by chatinent: 12:04pm On Jan 21
So what is poverty?

Poverty seems to be the godfather of many problems including the love of money that is the root of all evil.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Jking20(m): 12:20pm On Jan 21
Well said
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Chukwuka319(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21
The Bible's teaching on MONEY is simple.Money is good and necessary for human existence,but we shouldn't let love of it,lead us into evil, neither should we focus on and worship money.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by GOSPELTRUTH31: 12:51pm On Jan 21
Bible teaches that the use of money is important
Check Luke 16:9

It also tells you if a believer has money he can use it to achieve things that pleases God

Check Mathew 25:32-40

Always remember poverty is not Holy .

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by coputa(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21
CandidAdmin:

Wealth is by hardwork oga. Na God dey multiply am for us.

Assuming you said only, I for understand.

But if you think God is the sole provider, then you're dead wrong.
God is the sole provider in the sence that if you neglect the power of God all your hardwork will come to noughts

Hardwork is akin to poverty, favour from God is all one need to make it financially.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by CandidAdmin(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21
Lovestrong:
no mind-am, even Christ said, work hard. Donot be lazy serve d lord with a heart full of devotion and pray at all time's......him come dey cap vertical

Exactly, a lot of christians have that mentality.
God is the only one that can provide.
What happen to your arms and legs?

What they don't know is that God only multiplies. As long as you're on level 0, no matter how you pray, you'll still be on that level because...

0(the person) * 1000(God)=0.

Worse, they'll blame village people when they see no changes.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by writeprof(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21
Mikelarteta:

THE LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Akano5(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21
God's grace is the key... if you like work like a Wall clock -- without God's grace, you're a goner
People that have money and refuse to see others, only seeing themselves and their families....
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by gaskiyamagana: 4:04pm On Jan 21
AntiChristian:
How much was Jesus worth from birth to death in the Bible?
Go to Redeemed and Winner Chapel websites and ask the question.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by judedwriter(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21
Btruth:

Sun, 21 Jan 2024

If you ever forget 

The summary of money in the bible is that it belongs to the Lord: Haggai 2:8

God owns money and gives it to whoever He desires. For example, He made Solomon the richest in his generation.

Unfortunately, many people worship money rather than God who owes all the money.

The major purpose of money in God's agenda is world evangelism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by bigcasava1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21
Btruth:

Sun, 21 Jan 2024

If you ever forget 

set not your heart upon them, does it mean not being prudence
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Chris8t(m): 10:24am On Jan 22
Mikelarteta:
wrong quote. It is stated that the love of money is the root of all evil. Money is not the root, but the love of money.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by AntiChristian: 6:12am On Jan 23
gaskiyamagana:

Go to Redeemed and Winner Chapel websites and ask the question.

Help me!
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23
Satsatboy:
u wey nor poor u don buy d whole world? or where your riches don carry u teach because d last time i check ur name no dey even top 3 billions richest pipo o 😀😀

The richest man in Nigeria and Africa is who?

Is he a Christian?
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23
Emma1Oj:
Billionaire make I send acc details na.. make you do Sunday for me?

Ok send
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23
nigeriansamurai:
you are totally wrong christainity has been all about money and power. Did you know? that christains where the first bankers? And also that Muslims have the highest number poor people in Nigeria? do you also know that world bank has strong ties with the Vatican? WELL NOW YOU DO...

Who is the richest man in Nigeria, Is he a Christian?
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by Emma1Oj(m): 6:27pm On Jan 23
SheikhMuniru:

Ok send
đŸ„° Thanks The Billionaire. U too much

Opay - 9138037964
Re: What The Bible Teaches About Money by nigeriansamurai(m): 9:11am On Jan 24
SheikhMuniru:

Who is the richest man in Nigeria, Is he a Christian?
As a matter of fact he is a muslim; but it doesnt in any way, stop islam from being the religon with the highest number of poor and the poorest people in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You A Christian If You Don't Believe Every Bible Story? / Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mother / Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.