Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil (18287 Views)

Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by imagrg(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21
Same with adulterated drugs. Seems NAFDAC is not working hard enough to check these excesses.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by funshint(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21
Urgent1Million:
Waste of time.
Melt polythene into anything and it'll come back to being polythene when cooled.
Except someone eats plantain chips and finds a layer of polythene on it, this is just another waste of government money.
Ediot imagine what that polythene will do in your blood vessels when it cools down. Now you wonder why people have sudden heart attack. You people should be using your number 6 rightly.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Kokomaster69: 4:49pm On Jan 21
The president, senate president, CJN and state governors should as a matter of urgency review offences and punishments on our laws.
It is only death penalty that can reset a lot of offences being committed in Nigeria including corruption as the monster.

The politicians will not do it that I know, but it will surely happen one day definitely.

A nation where human lives doesn't matter to the government. NAFDAC should be
restructured.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Urgent1Million: 5:05pm On Jan 21
funshint:

Ediot imagine what that polythene will do in your blood vessels when it cools down. Now you wonder why people have sudden heart attack. You people should be using your number 6 rightly.
I guess the idiot should be the one who doesn't know that the polythene will cool down even before the chips are packaged.
Knowledge is not for everyone though.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Curiouscity(m): 5:23pm On Jan 21
CatchMeIfUCanMO:
Many Nigerians are school goers and are not educated in the real sense of it.

Scientifically, melting rubber in oil doesn't change it from going back to its form when it is cooled.
They are not even miscible even at any temperature, talk more when cooled.

There is no way you won't have or see that rubber properties when eating it, so the rubber properties suddenly disappeared abi?

Well, make them sef use this avenue see money chop as government agency wey dem be.

Government money may not be the initial target. Their intent is to spoil market for hustlers making and selling plantain chips. Either to force them to get NAFDAC number or one big chip company is trying to gain more market share, thereby bringing up this unscientific lies to discredit roadside chip sellers.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by uunwanaobong3: 5:38pm On Jan 21
Nigerians stop wickedness in 2024, them no go hear......

The kind effort and resources/fuel used in melting rubber into oil is even more than the cost of oil itself in the market.

We always spent more money, time and resources trying to do more wickedness, that is why the country will never ever grow
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 5:40pm On Jan 21
bhouze:

Exactly what i said earlier. It'll be obvious to do that. Rubber/polythene will solidify back to its natural state when its cooled.

Ah dey tell you!

No be lie!!

E dey clear!!!
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 5:41pm On Jan 21
Curiouscity:

Government money may not be the initial target. Their intent is to spoil market for hustlers making and selling plantain chips. Either to force them to get NAFDAC number or one big chip company is trying to gain more market share, thereby bringing up this unscientific lies to discredit roadside chip sellers.

You have a very valid point there. Nothing dem no fit do sha.

I'm actually referring NAFDAC as an agency.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by mariovito(m): 5:49pm On Jan 21
Marwa is ndlea

matify83:
Good one from NAFDAC.

Always proactive and up to their job description.

They didn't have to wait for a formal report to be made. They promptly acted on the viral report before we start recording fatalities.

The upsurge in blood cancers, renal and hepatic malignancies may be attributed to some of these poisons we consume in some of these regulated products.

Kudos to Gen. Marwa and the boys

Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by gift2xl: 5:56pm On Jan 21
ferhyntorlah:

Get cabbage, juice and drink to help.

Thanks immaculate
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Zeebuy: 6:00pm On Jan 21
Urgent1Million:
Waste of time.
Melt polythene into anything and it'll come back to being polythene when cooled.
Except someone eats plantain chips and finds a layer of polythene on it, this is just another waste of government money.

Fact. I don't understand how people are believing this
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by delpee(f): 6:10pm On Jan 21
Zeebuy:

Fact. I don't understand how people are believing this

I understand the Chemistry perpespective but suppose the quantity added is minimal...just to make the chips crispy as some people have suggested? Will it still be visible?

I'm not disputing, I want to learn.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Basiliun: 6:12pm On Jan 21
If the investigation eventually becomes true, means we are finished in this country.

You can imagine how many people she might have killed through this process
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by spiralwedge(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21
It’s always these developers trying to get rich fast without any consideration for human lives.
Shame
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Clinghton: 7:40pm On Jan 21
They heart of man if not watched and restrained manufactures wickedness
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Ogaonos: 7:42pm On Jan 21
123yes:
Seriously NAFDAC is really trying to stop fake products of consumables from Nigeria market, But Nigeria standard organization are not doing any work that is why fake products full Nigeria market from iron to plastics to building materials that was why building fall every day in Nigeria and they blame it on contractors handling such projects.
see eh there is nothing Nigeria std organisation can do even nafdac is fighting a lost war
Then what d solution is to replace this thing called distributor market with a more Intl control commerce .jux like shoprite few yrs back (when s.a investor were active)
Let me give u another example Alabama market was the distributor market of audio and video CDs .piracy was very high it was killing nollywood and music industry .cosom,ipman fought but failed until cinema ,online streaming platform like Netflix,sportify came on board and will can see d growth.
If the wine ,provision distributor market is own by one or three companies that operate like shoprite is easy for Nigeria std organisation,nafdac to hold them .they can be sued easily .
See eh even market women got to go before u can enjoy quality std food.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Zeebuy: 8:22pm On Jan 21
delpee:

I understand the Chemistry perpespective but suppose the quantity added is minimal...just to make the chips crispy as some people have suggested? Will it still be visible?

I'm not disputing, I want to learn.
It won't be visible but it also won't make the plantain crispy. A few chips, maybe, but not much
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by abimic(m): 8:47pm On Jan 21
If it's not water, count me out.

1 Like

Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Nyouth: 9:52pm On Jan 21
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by 123papas(m): 10:04pm On Jan 21
Urgent1Million:
Waste of time.
Melt polythehylene in oil and it becomes grease
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by sophirebenitez: 10:48pm On Jan 21
This is nothing short of cheer wickedness and witchcraft
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by LOVEGINO(m): 11:20pm On Jan 21
Rebuke:
Which country be this sef? Too much wickedness
na Pluto o

1 Like

Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by drololaaof: 11:45pm On Jan 21
HeatSeeker:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/bad-plantain-chips-rumour-nafdac-investigates-melting-rubber-into-oil/

Good advice ,but not all that carry your number are wholesome ,you don't recheck the quality of products after the first application. I pray you discover and cash the wicked fellow.
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by okewumi: 2:05am On Jan 22
If lagos government doesn't talk, nafdac will not start their investigation. They need to give all their staff suspension. I miss Dora akiyuli
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Sleekfingers: 4:03am On Jan 22
Nazgul:
Na wa o.

What kind of wickedness is this?

Why are we so wicked in this country? sad

But they are quick to blame the government...

Do you that most palm oil in Lagos is adulterated?

Expired pasta, noodles, sardines, tomato paste, biscuits, powdered milk, beverage drinks, etc are sold at night on the roads....
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by Sleekfingers: 4:07am On Jan 22
Mirasteel:
Nigerians can kill just for money, that's how black people are.

Some Nigerians..
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by delpee(f): 10:34pm On Jan 22
Zeebuy:

It won't be visible but it also won't make the plantain crispy. A few chips, maybe, but not much

Okay. Thanks
Re: Bad Plantain Chips Rumour: NAFDAC Investigates Melting Rubber Into Oil by delpee(f): 10:37pm On Jan 22
okewumi:
If lagos government doesn't talk, nafdac will not start their investigation. They need to give all their staff suspension. I miss Dora akiyuli

NAFDAC already announced that they're working on it.

BTW, I think we need NAFDAC desks in every LG at least. The sale of expired and counterfeit items is becoming ridiculous. Their 2000 staff strength is too small for the work at hand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Broccoli! In Nigeria? / A Students' Food Time-table / Benue Chef, Naira Victor Sets New Record After Cooking For 135 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.