Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe (24165 Views)

How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe / Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Xmos23: 2:08am On Jan 22
Both should stop the blames game and look for solution's to the shameful dance.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Bobloco: 2:23am On Jan 22
vanitybutiwanti:
Hes working with the original Abuja landlord, Philip Aduda, he doesn't need this woman, this woman insulted him last year for no reason

How did she insult wike
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Nawa4nl: 2:36am On Jan 22
The North wants to destabilise this govt as they did GEJ.

Those sponsoring this should be arrested.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Okwyjesus(m): 3:01am On Jan 22
jkpbestseries:
E bi like dis woman go finally marry wike, she too dey talk about wike

I think Wike is on mission to kill labour party heat in FCT.
This Kingibe is the highest elected office holder in FCT. Why sideline him as appointed official
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Whalis: 3:07am On Jan 22
Pauliaette:

Bro u lie! Wike is a man of action
He is painted ipob member
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Whalis: 3:27am On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

He made Obi cry. That alone is enough.
Obi went to kneel before him, offered the LP Guber candidate of Rivers state as sacrifice, yet Wike made Obi and Obidients cry.
That Obi tears sweet pass honey. That is the grouse ipob sympathizers have with him and why they suddenly found a darling in Gov. Sim they never voted for.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by WealthyNigerian: 3:51am On Jan 22
honestivo:
Wike doesn't have the charisma to be the FCT minister, The president should give him another ministry, again Wike is always in Rivers state fighting for political structure he can't concentrate
See: https://www.nairaland.com/7977345/did-know-hist-yorubas-unitedly#128059416

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by NICOGRAVITY: 3:54am On Jan 22
The challenges is that we celebrate criminals and as such, we have introduced vices that may stay with us for a long time. Kidnapping, Hook-up, Yahoo plus, 419, cybercrime, bribery and corruption, smuggling, embezzlement, corrupt politicians and civil servants etc has made thieves look fanciful.
Our government must create jobs, build low cost housing, develop new cities, have a 50 years vision, build long lasting roads, develop our water ways, build the railway line to reach rural communities, have a proper data for the security services, increase the numerical strength of our security personnel's, strengthen the Army, retrain the police and security services.
Us as citizens must also be part of the solutions by reporting crimes and criminals to the right and appropriate quarters.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:08am On Jan 22
If you allegedly crush people's motor cycles, close night and day time market, and make C of O millions of naira, and threaten to displace the poor from their own home, then you can only expect insecurity to worsen.

When leader make decision without thinking about the poor and needy, then expect the poor to revolt.

The North is far different from the south, where people shout more than act., or people see a wrong decision and say 'it will favour my family ".

Its time the government started paying real attention to the deprived mass of the society, which in reality makes up majority of people.

PonziHater
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Advocate500: 4:48am On Jan 22
This woman might not return back a second time, people that was elected to act as opposition to the government,let her enjoy her only term abeg.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Macphenson: 4:54am On Jan 22
Righthussle:
That's why you're sponsoring insecurity to discredit Wike.

I hope you have concrete prove to this foolish statement of yours. When you are picked now to shed more light on this, hope you will not cry victimisation.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ThePythagora: 4:57am On Jan 22
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSQRwUw80DU
Rising Insecurity in Abuja:
Excerpts of Seun Okinbaloye's interview with Ireti Heebah Kingibe, Senator representing the FCT

Sen. Kingibe: I even took it up at the highest echelon of Government because I know that these things are really happening. I have lived in the FCT since 1988 and I can see how insecure it's become but there are certain issues we need to address.

Part of the problem I must say is that there is a big disconnect between the Minister of the FCT and elected officials. I will be specific, the House of Reps member and myself.

The truth of the matter is that the Minister is new to the territory. We are the ones that have historical knowledge of the whole area and it is imperative we work together. If we don't work together, that's what exactly is happening.

Seun Okin (cuts in): Does the Minister of the FCT listen to you, as the political representative elected by the people?

Sen. Kingibe: I have never met the Minister until he came for appropriation. I have reached out to him several times. The Minister for some reason thinks Senator Aduda (ex-Senator of the FCT) is still the Senator, unfortunately that's not the case.

I have written him one or two letters, I have Whatsapp messages sent to him, and I didn't get a response.

Sen Kingibe: I thank the Security Agencies for doing something when we started to scream but the truth is that a little bit earlier I tried to draw their attention and I was told that it was exaggerated.

Seun Okin: How do you plan to defend the people of the FCT whom you represent at the NASS?

Sen. Kingibe: I am only a Senator but it is the job of Wike, the FCT minister, but as far as he's concerned, they're no elected reps of the FCT. That's the issue. But we'll invite him when the NASS resumes to tell us his plans for protecting the FCT. Whether or not he responds is a different matter entirely.

Another personal agenda being propagated under the influence of wanting to solve the insecurities in the FCT. For crying out loud,it's the duty of security agencies; The Nigerian police and thier likes to solve and handle this menace , not you trying to get an audience with the Minister for your personal gains and claiming it is because you want to solve a problem. Mttcheew.

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Max24: 5:04am On Jan 22
ravensckar:
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. [b]Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. [/b]Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

#We_No_Go_Gree_For_Insecurity
What political solution are you advocating? That Abuja is the exclusive preserve of Northerners or what? That he replace Woke to please Northern bigots or what? You seem to be speaking from both sides of the mouth. Tinubu has done the right thing and that is what unity means.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by 13october: 5:06am On Jan 22
ravensckar:
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

During the last Admin. of Buhari was there no Kidnapping? Who was minister then. Southern or Northern.
During Abacha NSA was he not a retired police?
You nah just like unconfirmed story.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by 13october: 5:08am On Jan 22
ravensckar:

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

During the last Admin. of Buhari was there no Kidnapping? Who was minister then. Southern or Northern.
During Abacha NSA was he not a retired police?
You nah just like unconfirmed story.nnnn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Banhammy717: 5:38am On Jan 22
Now I understand.
God will expose anyone behind insecurity in Nigeria.
Most of these politicians are evil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by AskNgige2: 5:43am On Jan 22
akpumping7720:

H for house
Lmao
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by descartes400: 5:59am On Jan 22
flore1823:

Just look at what a sane person comment on national forum it's well.

He is right though...if you take offense that he used the term "original landlord" it is an euphemism for some one that's grounded and knows the terrain"

And I don't think as a person you will feel comfortable consulting with some one that insulted you...when she did that...Wike just faced his front and ignored her...let her keep ranting and nagging...he no send her.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by HRMK: 6:03am On Jan 22
IS WIKE THE ONE TO PROTECT FCT OR THE SECURITY FORCES?IS IRETI KINGIBE RIGHT IN COTACTING WIKE THROUGH WRITING OR MESSAGES AND NOT PHYSICAL MEETINGS?IS SHE NOT PART OF THE VIPS SHE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT?THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SHIFTING BLAMES!ITS TIME TO TAKE APPROPRIATE AND DECISIVE ACTION!!
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ufotunang: 6:06am On Jan 22
What is causing the insecurity is poverty hunger hardship unemployment inflation.....if the government tackle and addresses poverty hunger hardship unemployment inflation all this insecurity will reduce and stop gradually...it's not disconnect with elected officials that is causing it
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by seunayantokun(m): 6:10am On Jan 22
Na talk be that? Na so una go dey shout not knowing your security has been compromised long ago. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by djseanjohn77: 6:11am On Jan 22
DrChukki:
I hope this insecurity is not a strategy they want to use to remove Wike?

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment

I swear na you get sense pass, since he is a southerner, the northerners are the originators of insecurity in Nigeria. They are no pleased simply because a southerner is made the FCT Minister, they get to share and siphon a lot of money through that office with promise to make it secure. Sadly, you can mever outrightly fight these beast, they are well rooted and entrenched. They have agents in almost all governmental agencies and parastatals cutting across all sectors and departments, they can wrech havoc unsuspected. The evil in Nigeria is deep, Buhari tried, they almost finished him like Yar 'a' dua, when he returned, he acted blind all through his tenure, like he is not aware of anything. Even the wife knew that was not her husband....If you can't beat them, join them, if you can't join them, give them free hand. You do pass yourself, them go kill you untimely, sey na sickness kill you, they have the machinations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:15am On Jan 22
DrChukki:

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment

It started when Wike was still in PH, Bro.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:18am On Jan 22
HRMK:
IS WIKE THE ONE TO PROTECT FCT OR THE SECURITY FORCES?IS IRETI KINGIBE RIGHT IN COTACTING WIKE THROUGH WRITING OR MESSAGES AND NOT PHYSICAL MEETINGS?IS SHE NOT PART OF THE VIPS SHE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT?THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SHIFTING BLAMES!ITS TIME TO TAKE APPROPRIATE AND DECISIVE ACTION!!

She's a part of the LEGISLATURE. Wike is the CHIEF EXECUTIVE of the FCT.

He takes action. She and her colleagues are supposed to have oversight powers on his actions.

Checks and balances.

She's trying to do what she's supposed to do.

The problem is, Wike thinks he's still a governor, while he's nothing but an APPOINTEE of BULABAA.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Rilwayne001: 6:20am On Jan 22
ravensckar:

So appointing a southerner as minister of FCT is divisiveness and not inclusiveness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by franco3075q(m): 6:22am On Jan 22
FitCorper:
Make una no go vex Wike o. E don de observe all of una and when e go strike I hope u all will be able to handle it.
watin or who him want strike? he is just busy fighting him and tinubu political enemies, demolishing houses up and down, 4geting that he is the chief security in abuja
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by RealEstatePlus(m): 6:25am On Jan 22
DrChukki:

Hmmmmm
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Jeje247: 6:32am On Jan 22
Shettima should be the one responsible for security in the nation's capital. Was he not projected that way during the campaign. He should start working on security from the FCt for a Start
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Good2go1: 6:34am On Jan 22
Are you sure it is not planned to give reason for relocation FCT to Lagos?
ravensckar:

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:39am On Jan 22
Judolisco:
she no sabi wike office?
I wonder oooo... What's the issue of aduda move with wike...
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Cobham10: 6:45am On Jan 22
It is quite disheartening how a lot of people focused more on attacking the messenger rather than the message itself...she opined something important, which is the number of policemen guarding the so-called VIPs, while the leaving citizens to their own fate.
Why do we Nigerians like looking at everything from the prisms of politics and ethnicity for crying out loud!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by habeeb04(m): 6:56am On Jan 22
[quote author=ravensckar post=128057796]Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

#We_No_Go_Gree_For_Insecurity[/qu

Mark Emeka Okoye was a former minister of Fact...what is the daring all about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$1m Found In Alex Badeh's Wardrobe - Witness Exposes Ex-Chief Of Defence Staff / Buhari Campaigns In Ondo State (Pictures) / Photos From The Democracy Day Dinner/gala Night Held At The Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.