Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe (24116 Views)

How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe / Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ozo13(m): 6:57am On Jan 22
Malroux:
Wike is an empty barrel. All talks and no action.
hahahah.Even the senator was in far away London.She has a fair share of the blame too not only Wike.If it was in a serious country, she wouldn't be far away while her own constituency is bn ravaged by kidnapers since she admitted bn an elected officials of the place.its like a mini governor of a state in another country while her state is under fire.My take sha.may be she went to look for investors to come an invest in Abuja who knows
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by epainos: 6:57am On Jan 22
Does Wike have authority over the police and military? The president resides in Abuja, and it is Wike you are facing over insecurity. Very funny people.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by new2012: 7:01am On Jan 22
ribbit:
Whether they like it or not, wike will finish 8 years as fct minister.

Abuja is for everyone, not just northerners.

One of the reasons Jonah was clueless. He supposed to have made southerner fct minister, all this shenanigans would have been dealt with.

Sometimes some people sound like they have no control over their mental capacity.. nobody cares Abt 8 yrs. people are getting kidnapped, people are dying and what this MF care is someone staying 8 yrs in power. when half ppl he's to govern get kidnapped right? at this pace he'll get removed faster than a bullet of the president has any idea what he's doing..

wike can get fired based on whim, not same for the senator who was elected, keep emotions aside.

forget labour, apc, pdp, elections have been won and lost, it's time to govern, it's time to get things working.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by bayelsaowei(m): 7:03am On Jan 22
Malroux:
very empty.. he thinks everything is by force.. he has territory to secure and develop meanwhile he is all over rivers state matter.

Him craze go soon cure..chasing frivolities instead of doing his goddamn job..

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Ushafaiza(m): 7:06am On Jan 22
This woman who rode on the popularity of peter obi to be senator, equally insulted we the natives as illiterates, we pray wike1 should totally ignore her, such an arrogant woman.n yge
vanitybutiwanti:
work with her in what capacity? Did the fomer senator representing fct work with the former minister? What exactly does she want? Wike has been on a tour to the 6 local council, he has been to 2, he'll visit 2 this week, he's interacting directly with the locals with the help of his friend Philip Aduda, this woman insulted wike last year for no reason, Wike owes her nothing and he's not obligated to her
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by engrfaruq(m): 7:12am On Jan 22
DrChukki:
I hope this insecurity is not a strategy they want to use to remove Wike?

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment

When Kuje Prison was attacked, what strategy was that? To remove the then Minister or who?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ribbit: 7:20am On Jan 22
bameyi:
In your dreams same line of thoughts some people follow and Lagosian show them.
lagos is not federal capital and it has been been federal capital for close to 40 years.

Abuja currently has special status. Until Abuja cease to be fct like lagos, it belongs to everyone just like lagos, enugu and lokoja used to be for everyone when they were capitals.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ribbit: 7:22am On Jan 22
ozo13:
hahahah.Even the senator was in far away London.She has a fair share of the blame too not only Wike.If it was in a serious country, she wouldn't be far away while her own constituency is bn ravaged by kidnapers since she admitted bn an elected officials of the place.its like a mini governor of a state in another country why his state is under fire.My take sha.may be she went to look for investors to come an invest in Abuja who knows
yeah. to go and look flr investors in London. LOL πŸ˜‚
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Julius1995(m): 7:22am On Jan 22
Someone was talking about the insecurity and the efforts she has made but this is what came to your head? Not people's life? I have said it on a number of time, supporters of bad politicians/APC are not after good government and care not about the progress of the country and neither do they care about themselves, because if they do, they would not be supporting bad politicians in the first place.
jkpbestseries:
E bi like dis woman go finally marry wike, she too dey talk about wike
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Toluwanise247(m): 7:27am On Jan 22
ravensckar:
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

#We_No_Go_Gree_For_Insecurity
Are we operating northbound. Let northern safe themselves
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ozo13(m): 7:30am On Jan 22
Ushafaiza:
This woman who rode on the popularity of peter obi to be senator, equally insulted we the natives as illiterates, we pray wike1 should totally ignore her, such an arrogant woman.n yge
I now have an idea why wike ignores her and moving with Philip Aduda.
They should please try an address the ravaging insecurity in their individual capacities.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by henrimoto(m): 7:31am On Jan 22
DrChukki:

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment
..pls, will the sky fall ,if an Abuja indigene becomes The FCT Minister for once ?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ddippset(m): 7:38am On Jan 22
epainos:
Does Wike have authority over the police and military? The president resides in Abuja, and it is Wike you are facing over insecurity. Very funny people.
But if there was good security and peace in the FCT don't you think Wike and his fans would be claiming they brought that to FCT?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ddippset(m): 7:40am On Jan 22
Ushafaiza:
Very typical of people in black skin!

Some are now supporting Wike, some are supporting Ireti.

Then the major issue which is the insecurity is not discussed.

Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by okuwehcris: 7:42am On Jan 22
ravensckar:
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

I will not support insecurity in any part of the country, but the president has the right to appoint anyone, the North should be ashamed of themselves. Don't appoint people based on ethnicity, just allow this guys to do their job. The president has trust for Nuhu R that's why he appointed him. I trust the president when it comes to taking the bull by the horn.

All the time they appointed a northerner, what has been the outcome and results?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:43am On Jan 22
jkpbestseries:
E bi like dis woman go finally marry wike, she too dey talk about wike
she's only acting a script written by the GBAJUE'S...
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by PapaFejiro: 8:09am On Jan 22
All this hate conclusion is because he did not support the clueless Peter Obi. That's all.
Malroux:
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by PapaFejiro: 8:16am On Jan 22
It's not loud. The Senator is assuming her authority over FCT above Wike. She needs to calm down. Senators of a state for example dont demand from thier Governors accountability like that.

She should do her job and Let the Minister do his job. The constitution does not say the minister should be reporting to the Senatorbut to the President. Who is she to demand audience from the Minister even if he or she is not Wike?

Anyway, I trust Wike.
Anguldi:
Fire on the mountain tongue Tinubu ain't firing Wike undecided

I have never met the Minister until he came for appropriation. I have reached out to him several times. The Minister for some reason thinks Senator Aduda (ex-Senator of the FCT) is still the Senator, unfortunately that's not the case.

I have written him one or two letters, I have Whatsapp messages sent to him, and I didn't get a response.

This allegation loud oOoOO
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by NaMe4: 8:26am On Jan 22
Wike has been meeting with the locals, working with security agencies and directly with his boss, the President in order to find solutions to these challenges.
If she as a legislative has some contribution to make, she no sabi the FCT Minister Office? What practical steps has she made to reduce the rate of insecurity?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Anguldi(m): 8:31am On Jan 22
PapaFejiro:
It's not loud. The Senator is assuming her authority over FCT above Wike. She needs to calm down. Senators of a state for example dont demand from thier Governors accountability like that.

She should do her job and Let the Minister do his job. The constitution does not say the minister should be reporting to the Senatorbut to the President. Who is she to demand audience from the Minister even if he or she is not Wike?

Anyway, I trust Wike.
Spot on
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Beuberry(f): 8:44am On Jan 22
Last last, Tinubu ll remove Wike
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by sammiewrite(m): 8:44am On Jan 22
It's good they're talking. At least we're now beginning to get a sense of what this whole thing is all about and the actors behind it. Imagine a senator giving the excuse of unemployment as the reason for kidnapping? Are these kidnappers the only unemployed persons in Nigeria? Should the millions of unemployed graduates in Nigeria now go go into kidnapping? Even as prosperous as America, are there no criminals there?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Emman08: 9:15am On Jan 22
Serum and asking dumb questions. How does Senator Ireti Kingibe pLan to defend the people of the FCT? Where is Tinubu, Shettina, Wike, The IGP, The DG SSS, The Army, Navy and Air Force?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by epainos: 9:17am On Jan 22
ddippset:
But if there was good security and peace in the FCT don't you think Wike and his fans would be claiming they brought that to FCT?
Do your question and assumption still validate the fact Wike is not responsible for security in Abuja or anywhere in Nigeria?

Should you target Wike and his fans or the person responsible for it? Does it make sense to target the wrong person because you think he would lay claim to it if it was well? That's your assumption anyway. Even if he did it, I am sure people like us would tell him the person responsible for it is the president.

Wike's enemy will only make him closer to the president and more powerful with this strategy. The president will be at peace that Wike is taking the bullets for him, and Wike will gradually start attending meetings with chief security members of the nation. Soon, the chief of staff, naval staff, army staff, police, etc will start taking orders from Wike. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Eteka1(m): 9:17am On Jan 22
Madam attention seeker shut up your mouth if you have nothing meaningful to say about the issue.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Eteka1(m): 9:18am On Jan 22
epainos:

Do your question and assumption still validate the fact Wike is not responsible for security in Abuja or anywhere in Nigeria?

Should you target Wike and his fans or the person responsible for it? Does it make sense to target the wrong person because you think he would lay claim to it if it was well? That's your assumption anyway. Even if he did it, I am sure people like us would tell him the person responsible for it is the president.

Wike's enemy will only make him closer to the president and more powerful with this strategy. The president will be at peace that Wike is taking the bullets for him, and Wike will gradually start attending meetings with chief security members of the nation. Soon, the chief of staff, naval staff, army staff, police, etc will start taking orders from Wike. Mark my words.
you are very right.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by justmi1: 9:31am On Jan 22
DrChukki:

I believe this scenario is possible. They use us for political games, we are all pawns that's why wike should not always make noise; by doing so he reveals his weakness. I remember what civil servants did to the minister of works for making them doing the right thing. He had to adjust. People who have been there and know the terrain would always want to prove that to you. It's quite unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by lagosrd: 10:01am On Jan 22
Only making mouth in rivers in an home match when he reach away mat h now , his mouth no gree talk again. Give him tough time and claim your spot in FCT
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by marvrick: 10:28am On Jan 22
ravensckar:

Your stupidity stinks to the high heavens! When Buhari was filling Southern positions with his demented northern brothers what did you do? You couldn't even fart, not to mention talk. It is people like you that are the real enemies of the South. Mchteew!
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by DeOTR: 10:53am On Jan 22
Odidigboigbo:
You that knows what you are saying, how does your submission her counter what I said?
Her submission is rather not the solution to the insecurity problems in the FCT. Wike is already in talks with people that matter in this regard at the council level.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ddippset(m): 11:31am On Jan 22
epainos:

STOP getting everything wrong.

Wike is not in charge of security in FCT but his presence and concern is definitely required.

It is already assumed that his interest is in taking charge of Rivers state.

Now whether that is true or not, that will be used to criticize him, whether you like it or not.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by HRMK: 12:12pm On Jan 22
Jeezuzpick:

She's a part of the LEGISLATURE. Wike is the CHIEF EXECUTIVE of the FCT.

He takes action. She and her colleagues are supposed to have oversight powers on his actions.

Checks and balances.

She's trying to do what she's supposed to do.

The problem is, Wike thinks he's still a governor, while he's nothing but an APPOINTEE of BULABAA.

OK,YOU ARE ONE OF #YESDADDY AND #NOCHICHI BOYS!ONE CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR PAINS IN LOSS OF PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS!NOTE THAT YOUR CANDIDATE IS A MERE OPPORTUNIST THAT CAN NEVER RULE THIS COUNTRY!HAS WIKE ANY CONTROL OVER THE IG OR COMMISSIONER POLICE?HE IS ONLY THE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE STATE ON PAPER!A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG!ALL POWERS RESTED ON THE PRESIDENT WHO IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Doyin Okupe Shares Fake Photo Of PDP Rally / Oshiomhole: Peter Obi Creates Jobs Abroad, Contributes To Rising Unemployment / Military Force Alone Can’t Defeat Boko Haram, Others – Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.