Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe (24099 Views)

How Rift Between Wike & Atiku Started – Solomon Bob / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe / Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Kekydiv(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21
I remember how Goodluck Johnathan was frustrated out of his post.. using the insecurity strategy, they had to bomb innocent people to proof a point! Now, the same insecurity strategy they’re using now for Wike because they are not happy a non northerner is the one ruling Abuja.. A word is enough for the wise! Once bitten shouldn’t be bitten twice!!!

Wike shine your eyes!!! They can’t frustrate you out of your office! Their will must not always be done!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by flore1823: 11:21pm On Jan 21
vanitybutiwanti:
Hes working with the original Abuja landlord, Philip Aduda, he doesn't need this woman, this woman insulted him last year for no reason
Just look at what a sane person comment on national forum it's well.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 21
vanitybutiwanti:
In any case what role does she have to play in stemming insecurity in Abuja? Wike and the President met with security agencies, wike was instructed by the president to go on a confidence building tour in the Area council, what exactly does he need this woman for?
The truth you failed to see is that the Senator is more influential than the Minister in the zone, even more influential than the president in Abuja. They see those two as an outsider. The minister toure will yield little or no result without their elected officers. Let me ask you a simple question and be honest to answer it. Let's assumed PDP is in government in federal level and there is a crisis in Lagos and the PDP government send delegates to visits Lagos, do you think the delegates will make any inroads without APC representatives from Lagos?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by vanitybutiwanti: 11:31pm On Jan 21
Odidigboigbo:
The truth you failed to see is that the Senator is more influential than the Minister in the zone, even more influential than the president in Abuja. They see those two as an outsider. The minister toure will yield little or no result without their elected officers. Let me ask you a simple question and be honest to answer it. Let's assumed PDP is in government in federal level and there is a crisis in Lagos and the PDP government send delegates to visits Lagos, do you think the delegates will make any inroads without APC representatives from Lagos?
you're joking, he doesn't need the senator for anything, the President is the numero uno, this woman is crying because she was not giving access to contracts and other perks, it has nothing to do with the people. Why should fct minister need the senator, in any case are they In the same party or is she in the Presidents party? You want her to take credit for things she did not contribute to in 2027? She should focus on her work in the Senate, afterall she gets money for constituency project, she can channel the funds to life changing projects in her constituency, because its wike , now everybody has a voice to cap shiit, previous fct ministers and Senators minded their business, nobody complained about not being carried along. Can she possibly know the locals more than Aduda that has been a senator for over 20 years? Someone that won because of the LP tsunami.

12 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by vanitybutiwanti: 11:32pm On Jan 21
flore1823:

Just look at what a sane person comment on national forum it's well.
what's wrong with my comment sane man and Mr know all?

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by jogojogo: 11:32pm On Jan 21
ravensckar:
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

#We_No_Go_Gree_For_Insecurity
And when the NSA was a retired military was it better than what it is today?
You rememebr Alex Badeh, you remember the bombing of UN building, you remember the Christmas Day Bombing at Suleija........Why do we just pretend as if it has always been good? You remember there was a time you can't travel to Kaduna to Abuja by road without your heart in your mouth?

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by jogojogo: 11:35pm On Jan 21
vanitybutiwanti:
you're joking, he doesn't need the senator for anything, the President is the numero uno, this woman is crying because she was not giving access to contracts and other perks, it has nothing to do with the people. Why should fct minister need the senator, in any case are there I the same party or is she in the Presidents party? You want her to take credit for things she did not contribute to in 2027? She should focus on her work in the Senate, afterall she gets money for constituency project, she can channel the funds to life changing projects in her constituency, because its wike , now everybody has a voice to cap shiit, previous fct ministers and Senators minded their business, nobody complained about not being carried along. Can she possibly know the locals more than Aduda that has been a senator for over 20 years? Someone that won because of the LP tsunami.
I wonder. Let her go and sit down
Wike is working with the natives, Traditional leaders etc

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by asiwaju60: 11:37pm On Jan 21
Odidigboigbo:
It seems like you didn't understand Abuja politics, Adu command more respect amongs the local more than this woman if not for Obi, she can't defeat Adu, she no go even see third.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by AmazingELixir: 11:38pm On Jan 21
grin

Lolzz this woman should leave Wike alone and concentrate on her legislative duties...she started off with Wike on a rather unaccomodating posture when she questioned the minister's executive powers.

If she is so craving for the ministry's attention....the minister of state for the FCT is a woman she should go and connect with her.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Ironbull: 11:39pm On Jan 21
This woman sound a suspect because she can't say "Abuja belong to them Wike is a stranger to the terrain" this statement sound fishy.

It showed they are not happy the FCT minister is from another state. That is all I can see here.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by prizeless(m): 11:42pm On Jan 21
Don't worry, there will soon be a connect, and when it starts...
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by DeOTR: 11:43pm On Jan 21
Odidigboigbo:
You certainly don't know what you're saying. The closest elected officials to the people are the council chairmen in the FCT and they don't seem to know what they're doing.
These kidnappers have been operating in the FCT for as far back as 2021 (that's the ones I know of).
They kidnapped a vehicle together with the passengers along Gwaz-Kwali road. Kidnapping people in their homes in Yangoji was a weekly routine. They even kidnapped a traditional ruler in Rubochi.
All these times, nobody cared. I don't know why all of a sudden they're now pretending as if it started last week.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Redhot0007: 11:43pm On Jan 21
They messed up their respective states and ran to Abuja. Bandits will soon catch them all.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by chaiks: 11:57pm On Jan 21
If you analyse her statement critically, you will sense politics in the insecurity in Abuja. I totally support tinubu to if possible move the capital to Lagos. Why is it that anytime a southerner comes into office, northern politicians will sabotage his government with insecurity? She is is trying to portray that insecurity is in Abuja and it's the job of Wike to solve it, more or less wikes downfall. By the time they finish probing that immediate past fct minister, you will understand that you are dealing with a rugged person. What is Wike reaching out to you for? You want to use claim of know a lot about Abuja to cage him.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Femeto: 12:15am On Jan 22
Remove all police entities from VIP’s and Yahoo boys security would improve.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Originalsly: 12:24am On Jan 22
From what I gather from the interview .... Wike is not dancing to their music. She is upset because Wike is an outsider... not from Abuja ... and does not know the territory. But that's good ... be doesn't have to worry who he may offend. If they were there that long ... then what were they doing to nip the insecurity in the bud? Nothing. A quarter of the force is doing private security ... what have they done about that? Nothing. Not a fan of Wike ... but such a person is needed to take the bull by the horns and that's what he is doing.... they just can't share the cake as they please with him as the minister... so they will cause unrest to make him fail and be removed.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ViceGovernor: 12:27am On Jan 22
jkpbestseries:
E bi like dis woman go finally marry wike
Barrister Nyesom Wike is happily married 😎

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by awa(m): 12:39am On Jan 22
DrChukki:
I hope this insecurity is not a strategy they want to use to remove Wike?

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment

You made a lot of sense on your submission

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Yestogood: 1:01am On Jan 22
Malroux:
Wike is an empty barrel. All talks and no action.

He isn't supposed to use all his energy to patronise Senator Kingibe. He has a deficit of infrastructure to tackle, and he is making strides.
He has been a governor for 8 years. He knows what to do to restore security.
Is Senator Kingibe saying the security challenges are artificial, sponsored, or generated by powerful elected or unelected elements because they are being ignored by Wike?
What new thing would she have done if Wike were consulting her?

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Yestogood: 1:04am On Jan 22
DrChukki:
I hope this insecurity is not a strategy they want to use to remove Wike?

I'm not Wike fan, but since some people think Abuja is their right, then I supported Wike appointment

Thank you. Democracy by definition disallows sacred cows and winner takes all mentality. We ALL have a stake. Not only the sacred cows.
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by ecolime(m): 1:05am On Jan 22
Woww.. I never saw this coming shocked

It is safe to say the insecurities in Abuja is Politically sponsored because Tinubu made Wike the FCT minister.

FCT minister is not exclusive to Northerners alone. For this reason, I will start supporting Wike.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:06am On Jan 22
DeOTR:

You certainly don't know what you're saying. The closest elected officials to the people are the council chairmen in the FCT and they don't seem to know what they're doing.
These kidnappers have been operating in the FCT for as far back as 2021 (that's the ones I know of).
They kidnapped a vehicle together with the passengers along Gwaz-Kwali road. Kidnapping people in their homes in Yangoji was a weekly routine. They even kidnapped a traditional ruler in Rubochi.
All these times, nobody cared. I don't know why all of a sudden they're now pretending as if it started last week.
You that knows what you are saying, how does your submission her counter what I said?
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by searchng4love: 1:23am On Jan 22
Wike is working

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by IgboSomalia: 1:25am On Jan 22
ravensckar:
Every passing day, it's becoming obvious that the insecurity issue that is bedevilling Abuja is politically motivated. Tinubu appointed Ribadu (an ex-police officer) as a National Security Adviser. This has never happened before, that position is always occupied by military men. Secondly, he appointed a Southerner (Wike of all people) as a minister of FCT. Anyone with functioning brain cells would see that the President is daring the North and they will show him. My only concern is the citizens that will be caught in the cross fire because where two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.

Mr. President, this is not Lagos where you have absolute control. Your government should be one of inclusiveness and not divisiveness. We've long suffered misrule and cannot afford to see you fail. Please apply a 'political solution' to this problem. Nowhistanding, all those who are responsible for the current spate of kidnappings must be brought to book.

#We_No_Go_Gree_For_Insecurity

The first NSA was Ismaila Gwarzo, an Ex Policeman.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by IgboSomalia: 1:31am On Jan 22
stagger:
How can I be a senator and the Minister is moving around with the person I defeated in elections? Maybe because she is a woman.

A male will never take such nonsense.

What will you do?
Set leg for them?

She's an opposition Senator, I don't know why she's doing bambiala about.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by IgboSomalia: 1:36am On Jan 22
Chizy12345:
as a citizen and the senator representating Abuja. you must recognise that woman. weather from your party or not. just corporate and work together with her. if not , you will not record any success until you leave that seat.no matter your gragra. People know that Abuja more than you and you cannot work without their cooperation

She is not from Abuja. Philip Aduda is from Abuja. Wike won't work with her, let her do her worst.

One nuisance from a 4th place party is talking trash about a 2 term PDP Governor. Na ment?

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Hisbanner83: 1:55am On Jan 22
Wike is missing it. Put politics aside and work with FCT Senator for a safer city
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Sctests: 2:01am On Jan 22
FitCorper:
Make una no go vex Wike o. E don de observe all of una and when e go strike I hope u all will be able to handle it.

Wike can go to hell in 1235 pieces.

He is a garrulous loudmouthed buffoon.. grin
Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by Sctests: 2:03am On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

She is not from Abuja. Philip Aduda is from Abuja. Wike won't work with her, let her do her worst.

One nuisance from a 4th place party is talking trash about a 2 term PDP Governor. Na ment?

Wike is now your alpha and omega. I thought you Agbado zombies hated him when he was killing your APC members in Rivers like cockroaches and rats in 2015 and 2019 elections..What changed? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In FCT: There's A Disconnect Between Wike & Elected Officials-kingibe by IgboSomalia: 2:05am On Jan 22
Sctests:

Wike is now your alpha and omega. I thought you Agbado zombies hated him when he was killing your APC members in Rivers like cockroaches and rats in 2015 and 2019 elections..What changed?

He made Obi cry. That alone is enough.
Obi went to kneel before him, offered the LP Guber candidate of Rivers state as sacrifice, yet Wike made Obi and Obidients cry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Attend AU Summit In South Africa / Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Gbadamosi Emerges PDP Flagbearer For Lagos-East Senatorial By-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.