Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men (21283 Views)

Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / I’m Divorced And Living My Best Life / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by Rinoxy: 7:57am On Feb 09
Kingrshd3:

Let me tell you d fact u see those marriages that last for 40years and d likes has many of this kind of happening and generous but they won't disclose it ...

Catching ur wife all in the name of cheating sometimes doesn't guarantee sending her out of the house because u will loose ur love and companionship what I see to this is for u to either punish her and also make sure u resolve the issue so such won't happen again..

because your happiness with then will make u live longer on earth but sometimes without ur love ones around you will lead to high BP and indirectly leading to early grave 🤔.

Call her and her family and your family to resolve things because u dont want to loose your happiness ..

My 2cent
If you still let your happiness and peace revolve over a spouse, I advise you don't marry then. Been there done that.
Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by Rinoxy: 7:58am On Feb 09
Kingrshd3:

May God bless your generation that's what am telling the OP too I never knew u have posted something similar or same as I have done..

Many marriages that lasted 40years has more senecios than this but they won't say it ..

I have a personal experience with my elder brother and till date they are together but it's worst than what this OP is saying
It's your elder brother's choice, should never be a yardstick for others.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by Kingrshd3: 12:05pm On Feb 09
Rinoxy:

It's your elder brother's choice, should never be a yardstick for others.

Fact
Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by ogawisdom(m): 5:00am On Feb 10
Afodot0022:
Good day nairalanders, top of the day to you all.

This topic is basically for the divorce men out there that are out of their marriage and living separately from their Ex wife and kids.

Attimes divorce can be a very devastating experience that the pains felt don't go easily especially if you are a responsible man that put in your best effort in the marriage to make things work but eventually went south.

It's even more heartbreaking if you caught your ex wife cheating and having extra marital affairs when you know as a man you don't deserve such betrayal, it could easily break you as a man.

Now my bone of contention is, divorce men out there, how do you deal with the fact that you are obligated to pay child support and care and also foot school fees and medical of the kids that came out of the union despite the family being broken.

How do you cope with this when the custody of the kids are with your ex wife and knowing she was the one that betrayed you in the marriage by cheating on you, will you be comfortable still sending her money for your kids upkeep and also paying their school despite the fact they don't live under your roof.

How do you men deal with this cos attimes, it can be so discouraging knowing fully well what led to the union breakup. Presently am separated from my ex wife on the count of infidelity, my two kids have been with her ever since and attimes anytime I think about the hurt and betrayal, I will want to end any sort of provision for the kids but because am a very responsible man that wants the best for my kids, it's difficult to just look away.

Attimes my thoughts could be like in as much the kids are staying with her, I am on the loosing side and my effort providing for the kids outside my jurisdiction might look like a wasted efforts being that the kids are with her 247 and she can easily still the glory by making the kids believe she is the one doing the provision.

Pls divorce and separated men, how do you go through this turmoil and ways to navigate through to be sure you are on the right track.

Remarry and move on the only solution otherwise you have lost totally.

Start a new family, marriage was designed to favour women alot. The children will always love their mother much more above their father even under normal circumstances not to talk of divorced situation.

Women are just necessary evil.

Whatever you do plan well for your old age to ensure you have investments.
Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by ogawisdom(m): 5:01am On Feb 10
ogawisdom:

Remarry and move on is the only solution otherwise you have lost totally.

Start a new family, marriage was designed to favour women alot. The children will always love their mother much more above their father even under normal circumstances not to talk of divorced situation.

Women are just necessary evil.

Whatever you do plan well for your old age to ensure you have investments.
Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by ogawisdom(m): 5:03am On Feb 10
pocohantas:
When we tell you to fight for your marriages, you won't listen. A man that is not ready to endure has no business getting married. Go learn from your fathers how to endure. That is why marriages of old lasted.

Endure infidelity from a woman grin grin

Is alright angry
Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by advanceDNA: 6:04pm On Mar 30
PrinceofSarcasm:

How can Nairaland give anyone PTSD? That right there is a sign of some deeper underlying issues.
If total strangers on a forum can give you PTSD.

Guy ...u have not heard how online users troll pple to depression or even suicide
Re: How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men by ForensikOrder: 6:17pm On Mar 30
Oga, e really dey heavy to hear wetin you dey go through. Divorce no be small matter, especially when yawa gas like this, with pikins involved and trust wey don break finish. E dey pain well well, and nobody go fit talk say e easy to handle the kind emotions wey you dey face.

First off, e good say you dey recognize your role as a father and you still dey committed to the welfare of your pikins despite the palava with your ex-wife. E show say you be man of integrity and responsibility. No be every man fit do wetin you dey do, especially under this kind heavy heart.

One way wey some men take dey cope with this kind situation na by separating the emotional pain from their responsibilities to their pikins. E mean say, even though e hard, you fit try dey see the support you dey give as for your pikins, not as something wey you dey do for your ex-wife. The end goal na to make sure say your pikins get the support and care dem need, irrespective of the situation with their mama.

Communication too dey key. Even if e no dey possible to have a friendly relationship with your ex-wife, e dey important to establish a kind of communication wey go make it easier to co-parent effectively. This one go help make sure say your efforts dey directly impact your pikins positively.

Also, e fit help to get some form of legal advice if you never do so. This one go help make sure say the arrangements for child support and custody dey fair and e dey protect your rights as a father too. E good to know where you stand legally, so you fit make informed decisions about how to proceed.

Finding a support group of men wey don go through similar situation fit also provide relief and insight. E dey helpful to talk to people wey understand the kind pain and frustration wey you dey feel, and wey fit offer practical advice on how to handle the situation.

Lastly, try to take care of yourself too. E easy to get lost in the stress and emotional turmoil, but e dey important to look after your own mental and physical health. This na because, to be the best father you fit be, you gats be in good shape yourself.

Remember, no matter how e be, your relationship with your pikins na the most important thing. Continue to show dem love and support, and make efforts to be a positive influence in their lives. Na the best way to ensure say, in the long run, dem go appreciate the sacrifices wey you dey make.

E no easy, but with time, patience, and the right support, you go find your way through this. Keep your head up, brother. You no dey alone for this journey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Living Without My Spouse For 6 Months (At Least) / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.