Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 - Sports (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 (154382 Views)

South Africa Vs Morocco: AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 0) On 30th January 2024 / Burkina Faso Vs Cameroon AFCON 2021 3rd Place Play-off 3 - 5 pens, 5 Feb 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by benjanny(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28
Well Played Super Eagles

Our Defense Is Tighter Than Nigeria Security

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28
deyplay:
the coach is useless, he has super subs like Ahmed Musa & Iheanancho, yet he is not using them. He rarely makes substitutions
So in your opinion, the coach should have brought in either Iheanacho or Musa for Zaidu to prove that he's not useless like you insinuated?
Some of you guys wey no fit kick bottle go dey yarn rubbish dey form football manager. Dey play. πŸ™„

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 2:49pm On Jan 28
Kinzo0917:
Poor onana. I pity d guy sha

I doubt if he will play for cameroon πŸ‡¨πŸ‡² ever again
Why not?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 2:51pm On Jan 28
Rahkman:
Seriously that club called man united destroys ppls career I feel so sorry for this onana he should have stayed back at inter the guys morale and confidence is so down ....I seriously feel sorry for that guy looking lost sitting on that bench, united have destroyed plenty dreams of good players
This shows that you don't know anything about the Cameroon national team at all.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28
EreluRoz:
I'm not happy Nigeria is winning, some of us are already used to their disappointment that's why we don't watch
Your happiness is not our concern to start with.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 3:18pm On Jan 28
Reussite:
Well the real test for Super Eagles will be against Angola
I thought you lots said that the first real test is Cameroon?
If the Super Eagles beat Angola, then the real test will change to their semi final opponent. πŸ™„

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by MissKudoswrite(f): 3:23pm On Jan 28
We did very well 😊
2-0
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28
G00dharddick:

He is right, Angola, guinea and Senegal will determine Nigeria's outcome in this tournament. Those are the countries to watch out for
At least let Guinea and Senegal qualify first na. 🀷
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 3:29pm On Jan 28
Fira09:
Before it was E.Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon and now Angola? undecided
When their supposed real test is not testing again nko? 🀷

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 3:39pm On Jan 28
Confirmedzombie:
The Ref is so bias. He was bribes by the corrupt Nigerians govt and corrupt masses.

God will George the REF for bad officiate

Two offside goals awarded.

A shame
George ko, Las Vegas ni.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28
post=128160479:
Gbam cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
You better watch it, na small things dey make me vex o. πŸ™„
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

Iwobi is not that creative but he is very good at ball retention. Aribo is a close substitute to deliver what Iwobi brings to the game.
. The current Aribo is not close to Iwobi at all.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 4:06pm On Jan 28
God2man2again:
Hard earned victory by the super eagles today in Abidjan, it was one of the greatest matches in this year and the years to come.
As always, Osimhen continue to become a big threat to any team in this tournament even today he grabbed the ball from the Cameroonian players to place a pass of an assist to Lookman for the first counted goal against the lions of Cameroon.
The first goal was disallowed due to the presence of two players against one player in the box but I stand to be corrected, the presence of the two of our players was before the shot was taken but after the shot was taken their was a player in between our two players, even this thing happened in a split second because the defense of the Cameroonian was disorganized as result of eagles effort to penetrate the Cameroonian defense.
Had eagles not penetrated the Cameroonian defense to disorganize it, there wouldn't be a case of two players presence opposing one players in the box, even the Cameroonian goalkeeper was not in the line of the goal post so why was the goal disallowed through the relentless effort of the super eagles.
Well, as God would have it, two clean goals were scored against the Cameroonian to make the super eagles proceed to the quarterfinals against Angola.

Kudos to all the players, they worked really hard today, be they Ekong, Iwobi, chukwueze, Onyeka, Ajayi, Lookman, the injured goalkeeper, Osimhen and the coaching crew.

With this kind of zeal, they can march to the final and bring the cup home but FOOTBALL IS NOT MATHEMATICS, they need to be focused and kill all distractions of fun and enjoyments because the Angolians are not pushover.
Congratulations to Nigerians.
Even if it was one Nigerian player against the Cameroonian player in that situation, it's still an offside. Read and understand the offside rule first.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 4:17pm On Jan 28
Dybala11:
. The current Aribo is not close to Iwobi at all.

I think Iwobi is a better player right now but from what Aribo played against Bissau, the gap is not that wide. But my point really is about the similarities in their style of play. Peseiro always likes to play two rugged men and one technical midfielder and in this squad that technical role is played by both Iwobi and Aribo.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 4:21pm On Jan 28
Revolva:

in your head now your country nigeria is good abi a nation that is the richest in africa with so much resources cannot even bid to host AFCON over how many decades and we are not even preparing for any future to host ...

our country is so messedup that am not even sure FIFA will allow us to host any tournament for now , infrastructure so poor , stadium is no where to be counted as good to use, security ..that one alone...is one issue that FIFA wont even look our face

Nigeria is not the richest African nation, first and foremost, try to get that misconception out of your head. If we want to host a tournament then we'll prepare for it. Do you think that Ivory Coast built all these facilities you're seeing in this current AFCON tournament decades ago?
Do you think that all the pitch used in this current AFCON tournament was like this decades ago??
Do you think that all the football pitch that was used by Qatar in the last world cup has been built decades ago?
I repeat that question that I asked you earlier, how does this facility in Ivory Coast become a shame to Nigeria??
You even mentioned FIFA tournament in your argument, hope you know that Nigeria has hosted FIFA tournaments in the past, even as far back as 1999. May God help you like this with your self hatred o. We all agree that Nigeria is not doing well and should do better, but at least be objective for once.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by aariwa(m): 4:30pm On Jan 28
DenreleDave:

Cry babies.. Una go find trouble and when they return the trouble back to you, u go dey cry go meet mod.

Cry babies in panties
rule 2 broken . Seun, Myn44, om4j, honeric01 ,semd4lyfe
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

I think Iwobi is a better player right now but from what Aribo played against Bissau, the gap is not that wide. But my point really is about the similarities in their style of play. Peseiro always likes to play two rugged men and one technical midfielder and in this squad that technical role is played by both Iwobi and Aribo.
What did Aribo play against Bissau?
Even though we all know that Iwobi looks like a shadow of himself right now, he's still ahead of Aribo. Aribo was a shadow against Bissau.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28
aariwa:
rule 2 broken . Seun, Myn44, om4j, hoeric01 ,semd4lyfe
You mean that the comment you quoted is an abuse or insult on your personality?
You're truly a cry baby. πŸ™„
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by aariwa(m): 4:37pm On Jan 28
Dybala11:

You mean that the comment you quoted is an abuse or insult on your personality?
You're truly a cry baby. πŸ™„
you can make your points clearly without insulting anybody or tribes, that’s not not what Nairaland is meant for. When you continue to insult, troll and bully you are actually breaking the rules of Nairaland

rule 2 broken . Seun, Myn44, om4j, hoeric01 ,semd4lyfe
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 4:42pm On Jan 28
Dybala11:

What did Aribo play against Bissau?
Even though we all know that Iwobi looks like a shadow of himself right now, he's still ahead of Aribo. Aribo was a shadow against Bissau.

We've agreed on that. my point is the similar style of play.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by abba190: 5:14pm On Jan 28
Beuberry:

Na me be dz
so xx
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Eriggs: 5:42pm On Jan 28
broadman20:

What is this one saying?
Are you not our number one enemy?

Abeg Keep quite there, we will never forgive you and that your calamity called Buhari.
Say AMEN or keep shut.
Afraid don catch am...
Obi instruments dem. Losers in pains.
Ordinary AMEN from dem MANNA, dis pikin no fit answer.
Hypocrite
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by broadman20: 6:28pm On Jan 28
Eriggs:

Say AMEN or keep shut.
Afraid don catch am...
Obi instruments dem. Losers in pains.
Ordinary AMEN from dem MANNA, dis pikin no fit answer.
Hypocrite

Hahahaha!

After everything go back with high cost of transportation,

Then sleep with empty stomach.

Go and buy fuel and foodstuff cheap let me see you,

Olodo in high places.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Wanni25(f): 7:01pm On Jan 28
Kakadancefreak:
This match was well played.
The formation was better than in previous matches.

I pray they won't relent o!
They should keep preserving!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Idarachris84: 7:23pm On Jan 28
Wanni25:

I pray they won't relent o!
They should keep preserving!

Winning feels good!
They will want to get more.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by djon78(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28
Babysho:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Very satisfying to hear this bro. Thank you. That man dey trigger me. One day, I don shout "shut up!" to my TV because of this Amokachi fellow.
He wants to be everything; the coach, the old crackhead, the supporter, the referee, the beer parlour miscreant - except the commentator!

Thought it was only me

Sometime during the match I was hollering: can't this guy just shut up for once

His commentary was very irritating

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Odss11: 8:57pm On Jan 28
Hope we sharpen our attack in the next game
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by DenreleDave(m): 9:09pm On Jan 28
aariwa:
rule 2 broken . Sen, Myn4, o4j, eric01 ,sd4lyfe

Yen yen yen

Cry babies grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Reussite: 9:40pm On Jan 28
Dybala11:

I thought you lots said that the first real test is Cameroon?
If the Super Eagles beat Angola, then the real test will change to their semi final opponent. πŸ™„
I never saw Cameroun as a test to be honest. I knew the SE was going to win. The SE will just need to convert most of the chances they will create.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by aariwa(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28
DenreleDave:

Yen yen yen

Cry babies grin grin grin grin grin
rule 2 broken . Seun, Myn44, o4j, honeric01 ,sd4lyfe
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by johnnychuks(m): 6:50am On Jan 29
[quote author
[b]Your mind go touch ground, be honest to your self what are you enjoying in this wicked land?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by OllaMeeDeey: 5:34pm On Feb 01
Prepare for an epic showdown! Predict the outcome of tomorrow's AFCON match between πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ and πŸ‡¦πŸ‡΄ for a chance to win cash!

Here's how to enter:

Follow XPM Exchange on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Like the postings.

Please share your score prediction for the Nigeria vs. Angola match.

Tag two of your friends who enjoy football!

The contest concludes at kickoff tomorrow! May the best predictor win! Don't pass up the opportunity to score big!

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.