Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 - Sports (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 (154376 Views)

South Africa Vs Morocco: AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 0) On 30th January 2024 / Burkina Faso Vs Cameroon AFCON 2021 3rd Place Play-off 3 - 5 pens, 5 Feb 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by aswani(m): 8:35am On Jan 28
femicyrus:

Go and watch Morocco or south Africa matches in this afcon and see that the hype you are giving iwobi is just a child's play compared to what those two teams are playing.
For every one chance iwobi created, 5 Moroccan player has created 3. South African players are not left out. Almost all players are creative for both teams

Which good teams have they played, especially Morocco who I think are overhyped.

If you shut the space down, Morocco will struggle, their game is better suited to them defending and playing on the break.

Senegal and Cape Verde are the team to avoid in this competition.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by robosky02(m): 8:54am On Jan 28

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 9:21am On Jan 28
COOL10:

I see no reason for the link you posted, because I obviously said that he has created chances for "Osimhen and Zaidu," which they both missed and not just Osimhen.

The link you posted talks about the combination of most shots and chances created. That was never my focus. I'm talking about chance creation and not a combination of both, so that link is inconsequential. Besides, it never mentioned anything about Iwobi creating just one chance. You did.

Since the CAF link you posted cited Opta as its source, I checked Opta's website and found out that Iwobi is even our most creative Midfielder.

According to Opta, prior to yesterday's match, Iwobi had created THREE chances and was only surpassed by Osimhen and Lookman who are forwards. Iwobi is the most creative Midfielder in that team, and Opta (your main source), supports my stand.

Who gave that one-on-one chance to Osimhen earlier in the tournament which he missed?
Answer: Iwobi

Who gave that one-on-one chance to Zaidu Sanusi earlier in the tournament, which he missed?

Who sent that superb lob into the box which ended up being an offside goal for Zaidu?

Who keeps on supplying multiple through balls to Osimhen, despite playing from deep?

He's always trying to create chances.

Let's not forget that Iwobi has been played out of position throughout this tournament. Iwobi is a CAM, but has been playing a deeper role since this tournament started, still that hasn't stopped him from creating chances.

He functions best when he plays closer to the box, especially the D area. Just look at that sweet pass he gave to Bassey who ended up assisting Lookman for our second goal yesterday. That's what he can do. That's his best position.

Remove Iwobi from that team and watch Osimhen get frustrated due to a lack of service.

Here's the Opta stats:

Oga what are you saying? Why are you changing your mouth?
COOL10:

Iwobi is very creative. Most of Nigeria's goal scoring chances in this tournament have been created by Iwobi. Go and verify. Most of the chances that Osimhen and Zaidu have missed were created by Iwobi. The coach has been playing him too deep, but that hasn't prevented him from creating chances.

You clearly said most of our chances have come from him not that he is our most creative midfielder. And I clearly said Osimhen, Lookman and Aina are more creative players overall - it doesn't make sense to compare Iwobi with our other midfielders when you clearly know that Iwobi is the attacking midfielder and we usually either play Yusuf or Bassey along with Onyeka who are all defensive. If you said Iwobi is the most creative of those three, fine. But that's not saying much either.

You keep going on about through passes to Zaidu and Osimhen. Both of these came in the same game and there was nothing creative about the though pass to Zaidu. It was a simple pass based on the situation of the play at that moment. Other than that he's not created anything for Osimhen.

To allege, as you have, that Iwobi is the most creative in the team and without him, chances would dry up is rubbish. Osimhen has gotten the majority of his chances from Lookman and Aina.

That doesn't mean Iwobi is not good. Never said that but he's simply nowhere near the creative force you think him to be. We were fine without him and created tons of chances against Guinea Bissau didn't we?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by DevilsEqual(m): 9:32am On Jan 28
Nazgul:
Oshimen out

Onachu in

What's wrong with Iheanacho
I've been asking since

That guy should be starting all our matches or is he injured
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 9:33am On Jan 28
Newton1045:

Who will tackle and be giving him the ball to distribute.
Osimen is tackling,then who is a midfielder .
He's doing a lazy work.

Nawa for you oo. E get some kind things wey person no suppose dey talk, especially if they consider themselves a football fan, so that they'll avoid looking somehow.

Don't you know that there're different kinds of midfielders? Don't you know that there're different kinds of midfielder roles depending on whichever formation the coach decides to deploy?

So you thought all midfielders performed the same job? No, that's not how it works. grin

The answer to your question is in the third paragraph of my earlier reply to you.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 9:34am On Jan 28
Topman7:

I don't know why people are attacking this boy.

This boy called Iwobi has been at the heart of virtually every goal we've scored in this tournament!

That's a terrible lie.

Goal 1: Lookman cross to Osimhen

Goal 2: Osimhen wins penalty

Goal 3: Simon forces own goal

Goal 4: Osimhen wins ball

Goal 5: Iwobi plays a part in passing out to Bassey but Bassey's brilliant cross is what makes the goal.

So what are you saying??
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by robosky02(m): 9:36am On Jan 28
See men got Abidjan

…just shared a late night communion with (from left to right of picture) ‘Cerezo’ Augustine Eguavoen, Daniel ‘the Bull’ Amokachi, Ghanaian ex-international, Anthony Baffour, Yours Truly ‘Mathematical’, and ‘ Chindo’ Garba Lawal, at the pool side of the Capitol Hotel, Riviera Golf area, Abidjan.

What a great reunion that was… a few minutes ago.

Segun Odegbami.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 9:36am On Jan 28
femicyrus:

Go and watch Morocco or south Africa matches in this afcon and see that the hype you are giving iwobi is just a child's play compared to what those two teams are playing.
For every one chance iwobi created, 5 Moroccan player has created 3. South African players are not left out. Almost all players are creative for both teams

Did you see me say anything about Morocco and South Africa? Why are you trying to force an argument that I never even started?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by DevilsEqual(m): 9:37am On Jan 28
Kinzo0917:
Calvin bassey should be playing d left wing instead of zaidu d olodo

And Awaziem should join them at CB

Imagine Bassey on that Left wing back role 🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by DevilsEqual(m): 9:40am On Jan 28
fergie001:
Take out Osimhen.....

Ola Aina, best Nigerian player of the tournament alongside Onyeka.

Now, they showed the heart.

Bro, why isn't Iheanacho playing at all
Is he injured??

Also, don't u think Kelechi would do better than Simon, alongside Lookman behind Osimhen?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by fergie001: 9:43am On Jan 28
DevilsEqual:

Bro, why isn't Iheanacho playing at all
Is he injured??

Also, don't u think Kelechi would do better than Simon, alongside Lookman behind Osimhen?
Iheanacho came into the tournament recuperating from an injury. Infact, some were clamouring he should not have been called up, so he is not yet very fit.

if Nigeria had won her first two games, the likes of Kelechi & Musa would have had their day.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by femicyrus(m): 9:44am On Jan 28
COOL10:

Did you see me say anything about Morocco and South Africa? Why are you trying to force an argument that I never even started?
Iwobi is over hyped by you.
Go and watch the teams I recommended for you to ease your hyping of iwobi
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by lomprico(m): 9:54am On Jan 28
Topman7:

Forget Iwobi first. He even contributed to a goal or two.

WHAT IS ZAIDU SANUSI DOING IN THIS TEAM?

THIS PLAYER IS TOTALLY USELESS!

THIS GUY CANNOT DO ANYTHING RIGHT ON THE PITCH.

He is a quota system player. No be him fault

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 10:01am On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

Oga what are you saying? Why are you changing your mouth?

You clearly said most of our chances have come from him not that he is our most creative midfielder. And I clearly said Osimhen, Lookman and Aina are more creative players overall - it doesn't make sense to compare Iwobi with our other midfielders when you clearly know that Iwobi is the attacking midfielder and we usually either play Yusuf or Bassey along with Onyeka who are all defensive. If you said Iwobi is the most creative of those three, fine. But that's not saying much either.

You keep going on about through passes to Zaidu and Osimhen. Both of these came in the same game and there was nothing creative about the though pass to Zaidu. It was a simple pass based on the situation of the play at that moment. Other than that he's not created anything for Osimhen.

To allege, as you have, that Iwobi is the most creative in the team and without him, chances would dry up is rubbish. Osimhen has gotten the majority of his chances from Lookman and Aina.

That doesn't mean Iwobi is not good. Never said that but he's simply nowhere near the creative force you think him to be. We were fine without him and created tons of chances against Guinea Bissau didn't we?

Dude, what are you saying? Did you even read the source you cited? How can you say Aina is more creative than Iwobi when as at the time you made that post, he literally had the same number of created chances as Iwobi? They've clearly created the same number of chances, yet you claim Aina is better. That's terrible from you.

You say Iwobi is the attacking midfielder of the team, but has he been playing as an attacking midfielder? HELL NO. There's no AM in Peseiro's 3-4-3/5-4-1 formation. What you have is a DM(Onyeka) and a deep lying CM which Iwobi has been doing so well at, despite it not being his natural position for the Super Eagles.

There's no AM in that formation and that's exactly why Osimhen needs to constantly drop to that position to cover up that space.

You said there was nothing special about Iwobi's pass to Zaidu. Now I know you're just being hateful and not objective. If a Messi or a De Bruyne gave that pass, the whole world would praise them, but because it's Iwobi who gave the pass, you call it simple. Clap for yourself, you hear. Your bias is now obvious.

Nawa for una.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by saintbillion(m): 10:02am On Jan 28
DoctorAyukebot was up?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 10:05am On Jan 28
COOL10:

Dude, what are you saying? Did you even read the source you cited? How can you say Aina is more creative than Iwobi when as at the time you made that post, he literally had the same number of created chances as Iwobi? They've clearly created the same number of chances, yet you claim Aina is better. That's terrible from you.

You say Iwobi is the attacking midfielder of the team, but has he been playing as an attacking midfielder? HELL NO. There's no AM in Peseiro's 3-4-3/5-4-1 formation. What you have is a DM(Onyeka) and a deep lying CM which Iwobi has been doing so well at, despite it not being his natural position for the Super Eagles.

There's no AM in that formation and that's exactly why Osimhen needs to constantly drop to that position to cover up that space.

You said there was nothing special about Iwobi's pass to Zaidu. Now I know you're just being hateful and not objective. If a Messi or a De Bruyne gave that pass, the whole world would praise them, but because it's Iwobi who gave the pass, you call it simple. Clap for yourself, you hear. Your bias is now obvious.

Nawa for una.

Listen and stop all this beating around the bush. You said Iwobi is our most creative player. Is he or is he not? He is not. Period. He is not our first he is not our second. In fact, of his 3 chances created none has led to a goal. So how does removing him from the team take away our creativity?

The rest of your ranting makes no sense. You created a fictional "if Messi or De Bruyne" rubbish scenario to come up with an equally rubbish allegation of some stupid bias. Can't you just reason objectively??
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 10:07am On Jan 28
femicyrus:

Iwobi is over hyped by you.
Go and watch the teams I recommended for you to ease your hyping of iwobi

Guy, learn to stick to the topic of discuss and try not to deviate. Nothing concerns me with Morocco and South Africa.

If you're looking for someone to argue with over the quality of those teams, you can go to their official pages. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by WantsandMore: 10:08am On Jan 28
robosky02:
See men got Abidjan

…just shared a late night communion with (from left to right of picture) ‘Cerezo’ Augustine Eguavoen, Daniel ‘the Bull’ Amokachi, Ghanaian ex-international, Anthony Baffour, Yours Truly ‘Mathematical’, and ‘ Chindo’ Garba Lawal, at the pool side of the Capitol Hotel, Riviera Golf area, Abidjan.

What a great reunion that was… a few minutes ago.

Segun Odegbami.
Is he thesame guy making commentary alongside that white dude? I love his contributions & insights....knows how to read a game too
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Nazgul: 10:11am On Jan 28
DevilsEqual:
What's wrong with Iheanacho
I've been asking since

That guy should be starting all our matches or is he injured
Maybe he's not fit.

You know in the game of football, you're a good as your last performance. And Coaches select their stating 11 based on the performance of the players during their training session.

Maybe Ihenacho wasn't impressive in training.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Triangles1(m): 10:17am On Jan 28
WantsandMore:
I see what you did here?

Ok
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 10:30am On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

Listen and stop all this beating around the bush. You said Iwobi is our most creative player. Is he or is he not? He is not. Period. He is not our first he is not our second. In fact, of his 3 chances created none has led to a goal. So how does removing him from the team take away our creativity?

The rest of your ranting makes no sense. You created a fictional "if Messi or De Bruyne" rubbish scenario to come up with an equally rubbish allegation of some stupid bias. Can't you just reason objectively??

LMFAO, you talk about objectivity? You, of all people? Get out of here mehn🤣🤣. You know nothing about being objective.

You quoted me first, I didn't quote you 🤷🏾‍♂️. Then you went ahead to bring up stats from Opta thinking it would put Iwobi in a bad light, but it didn't. It clearly stated that Iwobi is our most creative midfielder, which is very impressive considering how deep he's been playing.

Then you went ahead to LIE that Aina has created more chances than Iwobi, but I clearly caught you lying. How can you tell lies about the very same stats you posted yourself. The stats are there for all to see.

See, it's one thing to hate someone for whatever reason you have, but it's another thing to rudely disqualify their efforts and clearly tell lies against them, just to prove your point.

I already gave up on this conversation when you said that Iwobi's pass to Zaidu was ordinary. If e easy, go try am. Go try am under those circumstances.

You clearly argue just for the sake of arguing and not to exchange ideas. I only argue with objective people, and not people who tell lies to prove their point.

This is my last reply to you. You're free to quote me again and say whatever you want, but be rest assured that I'm definitely not going to read it. It's a waste of my time. Happy Sunday, brother.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 10:35am On Jan 28
COOL10:

LMFAO, you talk about objectivity? You, of all people? Get out of here mehn🤣🤣. You know nothing about being objective.

You quoted me first, I didn't quote you 🤷🏾‍♂️. Then you went ahead to bring up stats from Opta thinking it would put Iwobi in a bad light, but it didn't. It clearly stated that Iwobi is our most creative midfielder, which is very impressive considering how deep he's been playing.

Then you went ahead to LIE that Aina has created more chances than Iwobi, but I clearly caught you lying. How can you tell lies about the very same stats you posted yourself. The stats are there for all to see.

See, it's one thing to hate someone for whatever reason you have, but it's another thing to rudely disqualify their efforts and clearly tell lies against them, just to prove your point.

I already gave up on this conversation when you said that Iwobi's pass to Zaidu was ordinary. If e easy, go try am. Go try am under those circumstances.

You clearly argue just for the sake of arguing and not to exchange ideas. I only argue with objective people, and not people who tell lies to prove their point.

This is my last reply to you. You're free to quote me again and say whatever you want, but be rest assured that I'm definitely not going to read it. It's a waste of my time. Happy Sunday, brother.

Where did I say Iwobi is not our most creative midfielder you liar? Where did i also post anything from Opta?? Are you even okay in the head?

From simple football you've taken it to silly talk of hate for "whatever reason" with a bunch of rubbish talk. Something is definitely wrong with you.

Shame on you.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by DevilsEqual(m): 10:48am On Jan 28
unscripted:
super eagle will improve the day they build their game play around Iwobi ,, I know I sound silly right .. but this will eventually happen then we will all see the difference in our attack .. iwobi is the most intelligent super eagle .. do you guys really see the idea behind even his failed passes ? Very soon we will all agree that there is no super eagle without him ..

I understand all your point and you're right but somehow,I feel Iheanacho is the most intelligent player we have

If we had him alongside Lookman behind Osimhen,we will kill teams
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by robosky02(m): 11:06am On Jan 28
WantsandMore:
Is he thesame guy making commentary alongside that white dude? I love his contributions & insights....knows how to read a game too

Yes
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Fonjewel0(f): 11:52am On Jan 28
This was so beautiful to watch.
Congratulations to the Super Eagles.
They are back! 🇳🇬
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by ceejay80s(m): 12:13pm On Jan 28
BafanaBafana:

Na broke people dey correct people grammar up and down.
What's Ur net worth?
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by GarkiAccessory(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28
Newton1045:

He plays wat most ordinary midfielder can play. And won no duel by air, land and sea. Doesn't even mark. He is minus one.
Thank God for Osimen who was pressing them
The last time he tried to mark or tackle in last tournament AFCON 2022 Vs Tunisia he saw red, as in sent off by referee straight red card.

Abeg o

He should just be left to continue to be creating chances.

Or better still intercept opponent passes to contribute defensively.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Beuberry(f): 1:00pm On Jan 28
abba190:
is that you?
Na me be dz

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Edipet(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28
Jessewizy:

Drop number
seen, God bless you sir. You have done so well. Am grateful
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by aswani(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28
GarkiAccessory:

The last time he tried to mark or tackle in last tournament AFCON 2022 Vs Tunisia he saw red, as in sent off by referee straight red card.

Abeg o

He should just be left to continue to be creating chances.

Or better still intercept opponent passes to contribute defensively.

He didn't try to tackle or mark, he was trying to "guard" the ball from the Tunisian and stamped on the floor around the ball, the problem was the Tunisians leg was at the same spot he stamped.

The Tunisian started rolling around on the floor as if he was in a room full of noisy Obidients shouting stolen mandate upandan.

The ref first gave him a yellow card then the idiots in the VAR room told the ref to review it and it was incredibly upgraded to Red.

Anyway, Ọlá Aina ìs balling this AFCON!
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Kakadancefreak(f): 2:08pm On Jan 28
This match was well played.
The formation was better than previous matches.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.