Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 - Sports (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 (154450 Views)

South Africa Vs Morocco: AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 0) On 30th January 2024 / Burkina Faso Vs Cameroon AFCON 2021 3rd Place Play-off 3 - 5 pens, 5 Feb 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by ObalendeCMS: 6:00am On Jan 28
I don go over shayo yesterday so tey I couldn't watch the match. As I wake around 3am, na so I rush go livescore see say naija don win.

Ope o!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 6:11am On Jan 28
Newton1045:

He plays wat most ordinary midfielder can play. And won no duel by air, land and sea. Doesn't even mark. He is minus one.
Thank God for Osimen who was pressing them

If "most ordinary midfielders" can do what he does, then why aren't they doing it? Why is it so hard for them to do it? How come Nigeria suffers to create chances anytime Iwobi is injured? Did you watch the qualifiers at all?

Multiple analysts of great repute around the world, have been praising Iwobi for his creativity. They know what they're seeing. You just don't have the eyes to see what he does. Don't you listen to the commentators before, during and after the matches?

Everything is not about gra gra. This is not Wrestling or Rugby. That's not Iwobi's job. That job belongs to Onyeka and Alhassan.

Iwobi's job according to Peseiro's tactics is distribution --- linking the midfield to the attack, --- and he does it wonderfully.

If everybody marks, who's going to distribute? If everybody marks, who's going to score? You need to understand that everyone has their individual roles on the pitch, and Iwobi does his, very well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:16am On Jan 28
That Pesseiro na Mourinho product true true
Dude sabi pack bus no be small
The players are doing well though

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by honour7: 6:19am On Jan 28
COOL10:

If "most ordinary midfielders" can do what he does, then why aren't they doing it? Why is it so hard for them to do it? How come Nigeria suffers to create chances anytime Iwobi is injured? Did you watch the qualifiers at all?

Multiple analysts of great repute around the world, have been praising Iwobi for his creativity. They know what they're seeing. You just don't have the eyes to see what he does. Don't you listen to the commentators before, during and after the matches?

Everything is not about gra gra. This is not Wrestling or Rugby. That's not Iwobi's job. That job belongs to Onyeka and Alhassan.

Iwobi's job according to Peseiro's tactics is distribution --- linking the midfield to the attack, --- and he does it wonderfully.

If everybody marks, who's going to distribute? If everybody marks, who's going to score? You need to understand that everyone has their individual roles on the pitch, and Iwobi does his, very well.

What people do not understand is Iwobi is just like Mikel Obi, you may think he is doing nothing but just remove him, bam you would find out that the centre cannot hold.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 6:25am On Jan 28
honour7:

What people do not understand is Iwobi is just like Mikel Obi, you may think he is doing nothing but just remove him, bam you would find out that the centre cannot hold.

Very true.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by BafanaBafana: 6:31am On Jan 28
ceejay80s:

Rich men don't brag
Na broke people dey correct people grammar up and down.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by DenreleDave(m): 6:35am On Jan 28
aariwa:
rule 2 broken . Sun, Myn44, om4j, hoeric01 ,semd4lyfe

Cry babies.. Una go find trouble and when they return the trouble back to you, u go dey cry go meet mod.

Cry babies in panties

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Jazzman01: 6:36am On Jan 28
codedgalaxy:
All i can say is, "they should avoid seeing the president for now, lest, anthony joshua's lot befalls on them"

lol, but this is Tinubu not Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Steve1122: 6:40am On Jan 28
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by johntolu: 6:53am On Jan 28
ravensckar:
Download FOOTBALL LIVE HD and thank me later. With that app, I watch all football matches. EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Champions League, World Cup, just name it.

I've circled the icon in the attachment below.

I got this info after the match.
I downloaded the app and I was able to see the recap of both Nigeria and Angola matches.
The app will henceforth, be my 'link' for watching live sporting events going forward.
Thanks for sharing, Bros.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by franconian: 6:57am On Jan 28
denzel231:
Aside osimen,the rest of the team na fluke.....

See wetin iwobi and the likes they play in front of goals...clown

That defense no be fluke ooo. Playing with a high defensive line and still maintaining defensive solidity require a lot. I'm very impressed with the defense.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Judolisco(m): 7:06am On Jan 28
Kinzo0917:
Calvin is better in d left wing than mumu zaidu
zaidu is good na jst pass wey d guy no get but defensively make dem leave am oh... Zaidu na no nonsense defender... Make dey jst leave am
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by ruggedtimi(m): 7:11am On Jan 28
dominique:
Who score oooo!!!
Ok Lookman, Iwobi with the assist. Iwobi wey we don yab tire, see life ehhh!!!!
bassey with the assist
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Judolisco(m): 7:11am On Jan 28
honour7:

baba with d ball wey I watch yesterday and with d iwobi I know, he is nothing like obi.... He is 2 slow in making decisions and he can't cope under pressure... Na rubbish d bros dey play
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Successlane: 7:11am On Jan 28
Babysho:

But they said Iwobi gives sexy pass πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Then he will be better off playing in Falcon

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by koskilala: 7:14am On Jan 28
Nice, I believe Naija has what it takes to win this cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Jeffy1206(m): 7:19am On Jan 28
georgee:

Go and get a good Internet like Starlink and stop ranting
who needs starlink to watch ordinary match? My Internet is just fine. Go and download YACINE TV and stop jumping on links.

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Emman08: 7:19am On Jan 28
CAPTIVATOR:

You too me back to Tunisia 2004, memories

Yes o. When we finally beat them after years of heartbreak
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Jeffy1206(m): 7:20am On Jan 28
etrange:

No vex, sir. It's working for me and some other people, that's why I shared.
thanks anyway. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Jeffy1206(m): 7:20am On Jan 28
ifytrik:
grin grin grin grin grin
get YACINE TV next time. It's the best.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Revolva(m): 7:29am On Jan 28
etrange:

You guys take every opportunity to display self-hatred. How does the good facilities in Abidjan become shame to Nigeria?

Dybala11:

How does the remarkable facility become a shame to Nigeria?
Orishirishi.

in your head now your country nigeria is good abi a nation that is the richest in africa with so much resources cannot even bid to host AFCON over how many decades and we are not even preparing for any future to host ...

our country is so messedup that am not even sure FIFA will allow us to host any tournament for now , infrastructure so poor , stadium is no where to be counted as good to use, security ..that one alone...is one issue that FIFA wont even look our face

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Madeu(m): 7:34am On Jan 28
ThierryJay:

Well, Iwobi still had a hand in the second goal even though several of his plays were annoying.

Cut the coach some slack please.
That was only Iwobi impact on the game. The reason he was the Playmaker on that day.
The game strategy had three creative players: Simon, Lookman and Iwobi, to break the opposition's defense and connect the ball to your top Nine, ( Oshimen).
If you watch the match clearly, Oshimen had to come to the midfield to get the ball.
Don't praise Iwobi for that fluke, he has been a mediocre player all through this tournament. Top Coaches like Pep, Mourinho, Kloop, etc would have moved and criticized him despite that single involvement in the goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by zedman1(m): 7:36am On Jan 28
Beremx:
Na when Nigeria wan start match na im NEPA take light for my area.
Thunder fire NEPA
Dem do me that thing for the last match and no fuel for gen, no black market or filling station near my area. Las las na score I come hear. Thunder, add the fire.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Jazzman01: 7:45am On Jan 28
CAPTIVATOR:

You too me back to Tunisia 2004, memories

Nice memories. I think Okocha also scored a brilliant free kick in the game. Unfortunately we lost to Tunisia in the subsequent round. Aiyegbeni and some other players were booted out of camp due to indiscipline and it really affected us in the Tunisia game. I cant forget how the huge and strong Jaidi bullied Osaze and didn't give him any chance at goal. I kept saying if Aiyegbeni was in that match, Jaidi cannot bully him like he did to Osaze who was not so strong although skillfull. I still remember the two classic goals he scored in the tournament when he was brought on as a substitute.....then people were like ......who is this guy? he became popular after those two goals.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Lucasinho(m): 7:56am On Jan 28
Babysho:

Not me! I know player wey dey give 100% and it’s not about goals or performance. Osimhen na numbers one. Honorable mention na Onyeka, Bassey and Yusuf(bench). I dey see the dedication for their eyes.

Okay o
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by rotadeco27: 7:57am On Jan 28
deyplay:
these are the types of Nigerians that deserve the hardships Nigerians are passing through. Just imagine his comment!!
Which hardships, you want to eat your cake and still have it ba? No angel can fix Nigeria without passing her through this wilderness. You people are just complaining in what is not feasible. So Tinubu should continue borrowing money to pay salaries like GEJ and Buhari while neighboring countries keep feeding fat on our debt. Or you think Atiku or Obi would have done any better , u obviously don't have understanding of how bad things have been messed up.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by creolehunt: 8:02am On Jan 28
Felix6:

You never understand average Northern person mentality be that.
You no see as then dey threaten emilokan left right centre.
By default small mental issue dey their brain.

I always thought he was from the South East due to his surname. Just confirmed he's from Kaduna. Wow
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Newton1045: 8:08am On Jan 28
COOL10:

Who will tackle and be giving him the ball to distribute.
Osimen is tackling,then who is a midfielder .
He's doing a lazy work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by profmallor: 8:16am On Jan 28
Someone needs to remind Amokachi he is not running the commentary on NTA, the should at least try to sound as unbiased as possible though we know his heart is with Nigeria. Congratulations to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by femicyrus(m): 8:18am On Jan 28
COOL10:

I see no reason for the link you posted, because I obviously said that he has created chances for "Osimhen and Zaidu," which they both missed and not just Osimhen.

The link you posted talks about the combination of most shots and chances created. That was never my focus. I'm talking about chance creation and not a combination of both, so that link is inconsequential. Besides, it never mentioned anything about Iwobi creating just one chance. You did.

Since the CAF link you posted cited Opta as its source, I checked Opta's website and found out that Iwobi is even our most creative Midfielder.

According to Opta, prior to yesterday's match, Iwobi had created THREE chances and was only surpassed by Osimhen and Lookman who are forwards. Iwobi is the most creative Midfielder in that team, and Opta (your main source), supports my stand.

Who gave that one-on-one chance to Osimhen earlier in the tournament which he missed?
Answer: Iwobi

Who gave that one-on-one chance to Zaidu Sanusi earlier in the tournament, which he missed?

Who sent that superb lob into the box which ended up being an offside goal for Zaidu?

Who keeps on supplying multiple through balls to Osimhen, despite playing from deep?

He's always trying to create chances.

Let's not forget that Iwobi has been played out of position throughout this tournament. Iwobi is a CAM, but has been playing a deeper role since this tournament started, still that hasn't stopped him from creating chances.

He functions best when he plays closer to the box, especially the D area. Just look at that sweet pass he gave to Bassey who ended up assisting Lookman for our second goal yesterday. That's what he can do. That's his best position.

Remove Iwobi from that team and watch Osimhen get frustrated due to a lack of service.

Here's the Opta stats:

Go and watch Morocco or south Africa matches in this afcon and see that the hype you are giving iwobi is just a child's play compared to what those two teams are playing.
For every one chance iwobi created, 5 Moroccan player has created 3. South African players are not left out. Almost all players are creative for both teams
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dpharisee: 8:27am On Jan 28
Zaidu Sanusi really troubled Cameroon, every ball he gets its straight to Osimhen even if Osimhen is surrounded by 20 Cameroon defenders grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.