Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 - Sports (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 (155301 Views)

South Africa Vs Morocco: AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 0) On 30th January 2024 / Burkina Faso Vs Cameroon AFCON 2021 3rd Place Play-off 3 - 5 pens, 5 Feb 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AFCON (3 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 12:49am On Jan 28
happney65:

Don't mind them. who go replace Iwobi as of now? Aribo wey dey crase?

Unless Iheanacho is available we are stuck with Iwobi

Very true.
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 12:51am On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

Iwobi is not that creative but he is very good at ball retention. Aribo is a close substitute to deliver what Iwobi brings to the game.

Iwobi is very creative. Most of Nigeria's goal scoring chances in this tournament have been created by Iwobi. Go and verify. Most of the chances that Osimhen and Zaidu have missed were created by Iwobi. The coach has been playing him too deep, but that hasn't prevented him from creating chances.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:52am On Jan 28
dominique:
Who score oooo!!!
Ok Lookman, Iwobi with the assist. Iwobi wey we don yab tire, see life ehhh!!!!
Which match u dey watch?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 12:52am On Jan 28
Rumundele:
Osimhen is a real threat in this match against Cameroon. He might not be skilful but his presence in that attack is a headache to Cameroon
Osimhen is skilful actually, not in Jay Jay's level but he's not piss poor like you insinuated.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Glimpsetv: 12:53am On Jan 28

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Dybala11(m): 12:53am On Jan 28
esemes256:

🀣🀣🀣.

Iwobi has been the underperformer in this game. Time to replace him with J. Aribo.

Sanusi is better at defending than offering anything going forward
Aribo is not even better than Iwobi's left leg right now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by GeneralDae: 12:55am On Jan 28
foleskay:
I still repeat again..we will beat any team in this tournament. Mk dem bring senegal or morocco.

4 matches we only conceded one goal. Up super eagle
and the team we conceded that one goal against (Equatorial Guinea) scored 8 goals against their next two opponents. That's to tell you how good our defense is.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Emlproperties: 12:55am On Jan 28
seunny4lif:

This is Nigeria time to make Cameroun people cry

I will never forget that useless referee that officiated the Nigeria vs Cameroun in year 2000.
I cried for that match more than anything
Omo I cry till the next day. My late Dad kept consoling me. I was 11 then. Wetin this Cameroon don do us for football ehn. This is why I always jubilate whenever we beat them like thief.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by seunny4lif(m): 1:09am On Jan 28
Emlproperties:
Omo I cry till the next day. My late Dad kept consoling me. I was 11 then. Wetin this Cameroon don do us for football ehn. This is why I always jubilate whenever we beat them like thief.
Many rumours were going on then that the ref have been arrested and placed inside cage for denying Ikepba penalty.

The CAF president then was a Cameroun man, their country team then were very rough and tough.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 1:09am On Jan 28
COOL10:

Iwobi is very creative. Most of Nigeria's goal scoring chances in this tournament have been created by Iwobi. Go and verify. Most of the chances that Osimhen and Zaidu have missed were created by Iwobi. The coach has been playing him too deep, but that hasn't prevented him from creating chances.

Lol nope. Aina, Bassey and Chukwueze created most of Osimhen's chances. Iwobi created just one. Lookman is more creative and ironically, the most creative is Osimhen himself.

See the last paragraph here:

Victor Osimhen had 13 shots and created four chances in the 2023 CAF Africa Cup of Nations group stage, the most shots and chances created combined of any Nigeria player. Indeed, it’s the most by a Nigeria player in an AFCON group stage that Opta has on record since 2010.
https://www.cafonline.com/caf-africa-cup-of-nations/news/round-of-16-nigeria-v-cameroon-facts-figures/

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by GeneralDae: 1:32am On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

Iwobi is not that creative but he is very good at ball retention. Aribo is a close substitute to deliver what Iwobi brings to the game.
To me Aribo is worse than Iwobi. I see nothing in that Aribo's game and I don't know what he plays.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Teenwolf(m): 1:44am On Jan 28
MetalJigsaw:
Which match u dey watch?
Oga forget that thing...So far iwobi na the de bruyne of Nigeria, he makes clinical passes even though sometimes he is sloppy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by God2man2again(m): 2:02am On Jan 28
Hard earned victory by the super eagles today in Abidjan, it was one of the greatest matches in this year and the years to come.
As always, Osimhen continue to become a big threat to any team in this tournament even today he grabbed the ball from the Cameroonian players to place a pass of an assist to Lookman for the first counted goal against the lions of Cameroon.
The first goal was disallowed due to the presence of two players against one player in the box but I stand to be corrected, the presence of the two of our players was before the shot was taken but after the shot was taken their was a player in between our two players, even this thing happened in a split second because the defense of the Cameroonian was disorganized as result of eagles effort to penetrate the Cameroonian defense.
Had eagles not penetrated the Cameroonian defense to disorganize it, there wouldn't be a case of two players presence opposing one players in the box, even the Cameroonian goalkeeper was not in the line of the goal post so why was the goal disallowed through the relentless effort of the super eagles.
Well, as God would have it, two clean goals were scored against the Cameroonian to make the super eagles proceed to the quarterfinals against Angola.

Kudos to all the players, they worked really hard today, be they Ekong, Iwobi, chukwueze, Onyeka, Ajayi, Lookman, the injured goalkeeper, Osimhen and the coaching crew.

With this kind of zeal, they can march to the final and bring the cup home but FOOTBALL IS NOT MATHEMATICS, they need to be focused and kill all distractions of fun and enjoyments because the Angolians are not pushover.
Congratulations to Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by maninani: 2:06am On Jan 28
Congrats to super eagles πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Akeem79(m): 2:09am On Jan 28
pargelenis:
Eagle don chop lion pepper finish cool

you're danm right

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by koreanlord: 2:16am On Jan 28
Omo....that leg-over by ONUACHU is the most ridiculous I have seen since I was born.... chai

Anyways, up eagle's!!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Topman7: 2:23am On Jan 28
COOL10:

I don't know why people are attacking this boy.

This boy called Iwobi has been at the heart of virtually every goal we've scored in this tournament!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by broadman20: 3:03am On Jan 28
post=128158974:
GOOOOAAAALLLLL

Up Super Eagles of Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬.

Up Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ πŸ™Œ 😀.

Shame on all enemies of Nigeria praying for us to lose.

What is this one saying?

Are you not our number one enemy?

Abeg Keep quite there, we will never forgive you and that your calamity called Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by PNomsule: 3:24am On Jan 28
iLegendd:
I hope that particular commentary isn't the same broadcast AFCON has for every African country. Let it just be for Nigerians alone.

I thought I was the only one that hated his bragging and forming. He wasn't even focused. I had to mute some parts he was rambling tooooooooo much.

There was a time he said, "sexy penetration," in one of our previous games. The lady I was watching it with liked that, but mehn, he is irritating and boring to listen to.

Spot on

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Tonididdyx: 3:40am On Jan 28
Seeing the highlights just now on TV, I must have being very stupid to have boycotted the SE matches!

.... What a fantastic play 🀘😝🀘

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by handsomeyinka(m): 3:47am On Jan 28
fayomim:
At least we go rest......

Uzoho ..you fit Bleep up now
You bad ooo..lol
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by SK1SOLA: 3:52am On Jan 28
Up Super Eagles!
Up Nigeria!!
Up Africa!!!

IS OSIMHEN IS THE 🐐?

LIKE 4 OSIMHEN SHARE 4 MANE.

Let's Go

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by FireUpNow(m): 4:22am On Jan 28
esemes256:
Iwobi oh! Haven't you been watching CR7?

Iwo I nor be CR7. The team tried for knocking out Cameroon. Ghanaians and doubtrrs go don hide their heads in shame by now. 3 kondo against Cameroon nor be beans. πŸ˜†πŸ˜€πŸ˜„
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by FireUpNow(m): 4:28am On Jan 28
Emlproperties:

Me sef nor go forget that game oo. Na when that old ugly wizard from Cameroon still be CAF president, that man do us shege. Now it's payback time to pepper the Cameroonian in the game of football πŸ˜„πŸ˜€

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Discountsempai: 4:29am On Jan 28
SO we did beat them. Dang.

Well, as someone said earlier, Lookman has to be played, he was, and he delivered.

Still, work needs to be done, them Angolans look bahd. More dangerous than the 2005 team that gave us wahala....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 4:32am On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

Lol nope. Aina, Bassey and Chukwueze created most of Osimhen's chances. Iwobi created just one. Lookman is more creative and ironically, the most creative is Osimhen himself.

See the last paragraph here:

Victor Osimhen had 13 shots and created four chances in the 2023 CAF Africa Cup of Nations group stage, the most shots and chances created combined of any Nigeria player. Indeed, it’s the most by a Nigeria player in an AFCON group stage that Opta has on record since 2010.
https://www.cafonline.com/caf-africa-cup-of-nations/news/round-of-16-nigeria-v-cameroon-facts-figures/

I see no reason for the link you posted, because I obviously said that he has created chances for "Osimhen and Zaidu," which they both missed and not just Osimhen.

The link you posted talks about the combination of most shots and chances created. That was never my focus. I'm talking about chance creation and not a combination of both, so that link is inconsequential. Besides, it never mentioned anything about Iwobi creating just one chance. You did.

Since the CAF link you posted cited Opta as its source, I checked Opta's website and found out that Iwobi is even our most creative Midfielder.

According to Opta, prior to yesterday's match, Iwobi had created THREE chances and was only surpassed by Osimhen and Lookman who are forwards. Iwobi is the most creative Midfielder in that team, and Opta (your main source), supports my stand.

Who gave that one-on-one chance to Osimhen earlier in the tournament which he missed?
Answer: Iwobi

Who gave that one-on-one chance to Zaidu Sanusi earlier in the tournament, which he missed?

Who sent that superb lob into the box which ended up being an offside goal for Zaidu?

Who keeps on supplying multiple through balls to Osimhen, despite playing from deep?

He's always trying to create chances.

Let's not forget that Iwobi has been played out of position throughout this tournament. Iwobi is a CAM, but has been playing a deeper role since this tournament started, still that hasn't stopped him from creating chances.

He functions best when he plays closer to the box, especially the D area. Just look at that sweet pass he gave to Bassey who ended up assisting Lookman for our second goal yesterday. That's what he can do. That's his best position.

Remove Iwobi from that team and watch Osimhen get frustrated due to a lack of service.

Here's the Opta stats:

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by daniwise(m): 4:40am On Jan 28
BABANGBALI:
fok patriotism, fok the super eagles, fok nairaland, fok the moderator that banned me and fok whoever that is reading this fok
Wetin smoke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by COOL10(m): 4:50am On Jan 28
Topman7:

I don't know why people are attacking this boy.

This boy called Iwobi has been at the heart of virtually every goal we've scored in this tournament!

Their hatred for him has blinded their eyes to the obvious truth.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Newton1045: 5:16am On Jan 28
Ekpekus:
Zaidu should take tutorial from Bassey

To be sincere without biase, zaidu shud be playing in kano pillars or lower division.
Guy has zero descent pass.
Let Yusuf come back represent North. Yusuf anyday, anytime. He's first won de heart of everyone.
Not this zaidu dat refuse to improve

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by Newton1045: 5:19am On Jan 28
COOL10:

Their hatred for him has blinded their eyes to the obvious truth.

He plays wat most ordinary midfielder can play. And won no duel by air, land and sea. Doesn't even mark. He is minus one.
Thank God for Osimen who was pressing them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by AkinboT22: 5:32am On Jan 28
Up Up Up Nigeria
Up Up Up Super Eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 by ogbonti: 5:49am On Jan 28
Emlproperties:

THEN THERE WAS NO VAR - Issa Hayatou was conniving with Referees to rob Nigeria

IF you had watched the 1988 finals - that was CLEAR DAY LIGHT ROBBERY

They disallowed Henry Nwosu's goal and gave a penalty to Cameroun that was supposed to be an indirect freekick

It was crazy

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply)

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.