Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? (236 Views)

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? / If You Return From Work And See Your Ex Has Brought You These(photos) / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? by Latestlandlord: 9:05am On Jan 23
Good day to everyone reading this post. I work as a contract staff in one of the oil companies in port Harcourt. Many of us have spent more than 10 years on the job. Because it's a contract job, the contract expired last year and the job was opened for different contractors to bid for the contract. After everything, the former contractor that employed us lost the contract and a new contractor took over the job and was told by the oil company to retain all the workers. The new contractor asked us to go for medical checkup. The results of the text showed that 3 of my colleagues have health challenges. Two has high blood pressure while one has high sugar level. Because of these health challenges, they were declared unfit to work and they were sacked with immediate effect. I'm just thinking if this is was sacking someone for? Is this not stigmatization? So can someone be sacked just like that for disease that's not communicable?
Re: Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? by matify83: 9:23am On Jan 23
Hypertension and diabetes are chronic illnesses that can be managed.

They are not debilitating if controlled to warrant a sack from a job you are already engaged in.

Just maybe the new company does not want loss of man hours due to such employees going for medical follow-ups and the attendant cost of medications and investigations.

The managers of the new company may even also be sufferers of one the the illnesses you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? by cenaman(m): 9:29am On Jan 23
Every aboki with him kettle.
Re: Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? by EreluRoz: 9:36am On Jan 23
They just compounded their problems, if they've been managing themselves doing the job then sacking them will cause more harm, not good.

1 Like

Re: Are These Health Challenges Enough Reason To Sack Someone From Work? by Bestbrain123(m): 10:52am On Jan 23
What i reason is the new contractor.. Wants an excuse to do away with old workers.. And move forward with his \her new intended workers.
And if you look at it another way, everyone got his or her own policy. YOU CAN'T BLAME THE NEW CONTRATCTOR.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

He Steals From Me To Buy Cigarette - Wife Begs For Divorce Over Husband's Drug.. / How Much Would You Buy This Site? / How Are You Managing This New Nigeria Hardship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.