Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu (19289 Views)

Lagos Accounts For 60% Of FAAN’s Revenue, Says Keyamo / Asma’u Dalhatu: About-To-Wed Sister Of Katsina Assembly Deputy Speaker Kidnapped / Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by NSK4U(m): 4:15pm On Jan 23
2mch:

No one cares or thinks about Onitsha in Lagos because it’s not even a place people remember when doing business. If they did, Igbo’s will not be in Lagos in millions trying to survive.

This idiots ignorance is what is astonishing. Not daft tribal nuisance like you.

Igbos are all over the world and not the few you see in Lagos. The man has travelled better than you and still has bigger voice than you, so stop living in illusion of what Lagos is not.

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 4:17pm On Jan 23
Omenlon:
Even in terms of commerce, which state generate more VAT in Nigeria than Lagos State?
Which kain talk be this?
All the states combined or one state. Add Abuja join dem no reach

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23
NSK4U:

Igbos are all over the world and not the few you see in Lagos. The man has travelled better than you and still has bigger voice than you, so stop living in illusion of what Lagos is not.
Everyone is all over the world not just Iboes

Name one place there are Iboes that there are no Yoruba. Just one
How do you know who has travelled more
On what basis?
Pride and arrogance
You always make silly assumptions with no evidence

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by waldigit: 4:24pm On Jan 23
fergie001:
Excerpts of AriseTV's interview with Bashir Dalhatu SAN, a former Minister of Power & Mines, then later interior under the Sani Abacha Government and currently the Chairman, Board of Trustees, Arewa Consultative Forum

What is refinery doing in Kaduna?
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23
Emco1:
The South can not hold unto power forever
so they will enjoy it while it lasts
The difference is whilst Buhari was making tribalism based appointments you have people making strategic moves now that will really widen the economic gap
The reality is with Lekki FTZ Dangote refinery etc the North can never catch up economically especially as they love Sharia and violence so much.
Who is going to invest seriously there

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by NSK4U(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23
aribisala0:

Everyone is all over the world not just Iboes

Name one place there are Iboes that there are no Yoruba. Just one
How do you know who has travelled more
On what basis?
Pride and arrogance
You always make silly assumptions with no evidence

Where did I mention yorubas in the comment?

And you claim I'm 'ALWAYS' making...... Didn't know you could be too jobless to be trolling my comments in nairaland, don't you think you deserve a good job at your age other than trolling comments?

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23
NSK4U:

Where did I mention yorubas in the comment?

And you claim I'm 'ALWAYS' making...... Didn't know you could be too jobless to trolling my comments in nairaland, don't you think you deserve a good job at your age other than trolling comments?
You did not
I am telling you that there is nothing special about Iboes travelling All Nigerians do and Yoruba are a good example so stop this nonsense of Iboes are everywhere. We are all everywhere

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by kettykin: 4:35pm On Jan 23
All government agencies, ministries, mda should be in Abuja, Abuja is the federal capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23
bitbillionaire:
The man has a point.

Abuja by the virtue of it's geographical location at the center of Nigeria and it's role as the capital city of Nigeria is the mist detribalised city that actually unites all Nigerians, unlike Lagos where yoruba people no wan gree say 'na no man's land'. It makes sense that the headquarters of all Federal Parastatals should be in Abuja; otherwise, kukuma scatter the agencies and Ministries to many states.

Tinubu ought to have maintained the status quo.

If the current CBN's building in Abuja is no longer enough to contain staff nothing stops them from building or renting another office in the same Abuja for additional staff they have.

Moreover, in this age of internet, zoom meetings, whatsapp video calls, CBN staff in Abuja doesn't even need to come to Lagos for any thing when they can request for electronic version of whatever documents they need from any bank anywhere in Nigeria while staying in Abuja
So are they moving CBN headquarters to Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by LOVEALAIGBO: 4:37pm On Jan 23
Tochi3:
E don dey Choke small small for the chanters of one Nigeria & their slaves..

..the better South should just be doing this below until fowl & cows come back home to roost grin grin

..when the time reach for the roosters...the cry & wailings of Southern yoonity will be deafening

..Allah Akbar

I don’t even know why the old fool remembered to mention a city in the south-east/Alaigbo! I thought we didn’t feature in their calculations….that it’s all about south-west/Yoruba and north-west/Fulani!?

Any stupid Igbo that puts mouth for this their husband and wife fight is a big fool!

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23
They had no problem taking millions of dollars from the South to look for imaginary oil in the North

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23
kettykin:
All government agencies, ministries, mda should be in Abuja, Abuja is the federal capital
Why is NDA in Kaduna along other defence installations.
Why is NIPSS in Jos

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by kettykin: 5:42pm On Jan 23
aribisala0:

Why is NDA in Kaduna along other defence installations.
Why is NIPSS in Jos

NDA is a military university and not ministry of defense or Nigerian military headquarters or Nigerian Navy or Nigerian Airforce which are in Abuja.

I still repeat it Abuja is the new federal capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by kettykin: 5:44pm On Jan 23
aribisala0:
They had no problem taking millions of dollars from the South to look for imaginary oil in the North

Which south again? I thought it was purely niger delta oil money, how come we are now hearing south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by wizelink(m): 5:45pm On Jan 23
Northerners have just awakened because a southerner is in charge now. Anything dem go complain. How many times una come complain against your brother's useless policies? When ex preado for example was appointing mostly his kindred wetin una said? Nothing.
Oga Tinubu abeg do whatever you want even if it means relocating cbn to your house them go cry and get tired of crying.
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Niccoloimhotep: 5:45pm On Jan 23
Jackson105:
This Aboki head is overheating.

Does Kano or Onitsha has more commerce than Lagos?
There you have it, he’s right.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/65-of-containers-from-abroad-end-up-in-southeast-niwa/amp/

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Niccoloimhotep: 5:54pm On Jan 23
Biodun556:
Still, Kano or onitcha can't match Lagos
says who? Dey play

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Niccoloimhotep: 5:55pm On Jan 23
DiscoverID:
Why not Ogun state? After all, there are more commerce in Ogun than Anambra and Kano combined.
olodo, industrial cluster is different from commerce. You go school at all so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23
kettykin:

Which south again? I thought it was purely niger delta oil money, how come we are now hearing south
Not purely
The larget contribution to the centre is from Lagos and the SW
https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/business-economy/article/nigerias-non-oil-income-outpaces-oil-by-n1-5trn-in-one-year/%3famp=1
OIL ceased to be top contributor MANY years ago.
Do some research into
Non oil revenue and stop showcasing ignorance

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Jan 23
kettykin:

NDA is a military university and not ministry of defense or Nigerian military headquarters or Nigerian Navy or Nigerian Airforce which are in Abuja.

I still repeat it Abuja is the new federal capital
Is CBN a ministry
Is FAAN a ministry
You can continue to wriggle till you find a definition that captures your bias

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by DiscoverID: 6:31pm On Jan 23
The containers came in via lagos, you fool.

Niccoloimhotep:
olodo, industrial cluster is different from commerce. You go school at all so?
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by NSK4U(m): 6:39pm On Jan 23
aribisala0:

You did not
I am telling you that there is nothing special about Iboes travelling All Nigerians do and Yoruba are a good example so stop this nonsense of Iboes are everywhere. We are all everywhere

Where's the argument on whether you are everywhere or nowhere? What's the connection with it to what's being said here?

You need to create a topic to talk of your obsession with Igbos and travels because that's not what I was talking with the other dude.

And you just jumped into a discuss without any idea of how it started and you continue to talk off point from the original issue

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Danzakidakura(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23
Mallams want Igbos to join them and fight Yorubas. Onitsha kee you there.
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Umuinyioku: 9:58pm On Jan 23
fergie001:
Excerpts of AriseTV's interview with Bashir Dalhatu SAN, a former Minister of Power & Mines, then later interior under the Sani Abacha Government and currently the Chairman, Board of Trustees, Arewa Consultative Forum

Tinubu, on with the revolution. I did not vote for you. But you are proving us wrong that you have all what it takes to restructure Nigeria.

Right from independence, Nigeria has been under northern aristocratic hew. Taking all the spoils and proving to be masters and others are hewers of woods.

Tinubu should ignore northern antics and bully.

We have four military universities in Nigeria. None cited in the South. Thus having military advantage in our security architecture.

Buhari made Nigerians to believe Nigeria's their heritage!

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Vboot1: 10:37pm On Jan 23
PassingShot:

We southerners are many times unreasonable. Abuja is the FCT and so all ministries should be headquartered there.

Have you thought of what another president from the North can do to those ministries getting moved to Lagos?

You and who be Southerner? You want to be a southerner now that the storms are gathering? You were southerner before the election but West after Tinubu victory... Dey play!
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Vboot1: 10:41pm On Jan 23
Emco1:
The South can not hold unto power forever

South West not South...
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Realtruth2023: 10:45pm On Jan 23
Jackson105:

Keep fooling yourself and your fellow villagers, I am sure you never step out of your Onitsha, get information online and stop embarrassing yourself.

Let me educated you a little, so you can stop embarrassing yourself, trading is just a little aspect of commerce, and even in the so called trading, your Onitsha village no reach Lagos.

You really don't have sense trading is the main crux of commerce it is fhe lifeline of commerce. Try and have sense and leave bigotry
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Realtruth2023: 10:47pm On Jan 23
spiSeyi:

Does it make sense to you that the Ministry of Commerce should be moved to where they sit at home on Mondays undecided did you know the implication of that FYI: Lagos is the economic hub of West Africa while Zaria remains the oldest economic center of sub-Saharan & North African intra-trading activities

Once again try get small sense. Was it an Igbo man that said Ministry of commerce should be moved to Kano or Onitsha? Did i tell youni supported the move?you allow your bigotry and hatred for an Igbo man to suspend your senses that you cannot think straight. Don't be a coward face the northerner that made the comment and stop looking for an Igbo man to attack. Try get sense small.
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:47pm On Jan 23
Jackson105:
This Aboki head is overheating.

Does Kano or Onitsha has more commerce than Lagos?

Revenue is different from commerce my brother.
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:50pm On Jan 23
Berankis:

Thank you sir. Na only you dey see am. Others they see tribal sentiments but ignoring the fact that Northerners are the most corrupt in this country. Just look at how they manipulated Emefiele. Even though, we know he is also a thief but they seriously used him.

You think this about dollar's? Lols

I don't have issues with FAAN, but CBN? What's the logic behind that?

Some claimed it's space, that too flippant a reason. Mind you there's CBN sub headquarters in all states of the federation.
Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by aribisala0(m): 11:52pm On Jan 23
Yusufisraelj:

Revenue is different from commerce my brother.
he said commerce
There is more commerce in Lagos than the whole SE do not deceive yourself
Any metric you want to use is it
Food
Cars
Petrol
Recharge cards
Provisions anything you can think of is Lagos

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu by Jackson105: 12:39am On Jan 24
Realtruth2023:

You really don't have sense trading is the main crux of commerce it is fhe lifeline of commerce. Try and have sense and leave bigotry

You are the one that is senseless, listen to correction and stop embarrassing your parents

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months / FG Has Not Declared Any official Public Holiday Yet - Ministry Of Interior / The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.