Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Is Blogging Really Lucrative? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Blogging Really Lucrative? (10668 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / IS BLOGGING REALLY WORTH THE HYPE OR NOT, BEFORE I VENTURE INTO IT / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by GGIA: 12:48pm On Jan 24
IamDora:
Yes! As a Nigerian Blogger, Note;

You should never have a business posting good and relevant news. Always make sure you're good and consistent at posting bad news or evil gossips about Celebrities, you'll thrive so much in it because that's what Nigerians Love to hear.

Good news don't excite them. Good luck
NāijaCover can testify to this grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Fiscus105(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24
IamDora:
Yes! As a Nigerian Blogger, Note;

You should never have a business posting good and relevant news. Always make sure you're good and consistent at posting bad news or evil gossips about Celebrities, you'll thrive so much in it because that's what Nigerians Love to hear.

Good news don't excite them. Good luck

You said it all, when news of "mighty ones going down", naija ears would quickly open to hear about it. Even for them to cross examing to know the fact, they are not concerned about that.

No wonder Africa going backwards.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by kay29000(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24
RichDad1:
Used to. But it’s so saturated now that you can barely make a living off it.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24
ednut1:
Years ago, Linda Ikeji posted the cars she bought from blogging. Suddenly everyone became a blogger on Nairaland alone we had many of them hustling for FP. They have all closed shop. Blogging is hard work and many rely on copy and paste. These days it’s better to try your luck with YouTube, TikTok or instagram. No guarantees person go hammer self
That’s not the case, many people still blog but positing link on nairaland is not very profitable. Bloggers now target seo and the big social media. So you won’t see many of them posting links on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by wizkidblogger(f): 12:53pm On Jan 24
Yes, it is, if you know what you are doing...
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 12:54pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Please I need your sincere and honest inputs in regards to blogging

Do people actually make easy money on blogging?

Is it something you can advise me to go for?

And what are the challenges faced on blogging?

What are the basic tools needed to hit the ground running?

Thanks

GET IN TOUCH with KING OF BAD NEWS

To Guide You About Blogging Business
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by saydfact(m): 12:55pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks

You actually won't JUST make money in blogging because you have great write-ups BUT there is a way people go about it (backdoor but legal) to make money. even if you don't post regularly.

I cant post it here thou.....
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by DropsMic(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks

It is. As long as you have the traffic.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by aspabay(m): 12:58pm On Jan 24
Just open a blog to abuse Tinubu, insult APC and all its supporters. Promote hate of Nigeria disguised as love and boom the barbarians will flood your blog and promote you.
Next thing you are cashing out.
All the best
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Abbeytoy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 24
ambale:
I'm also planning to go into blogging fully this year, the thing is there's nothing like easy money anywhere

But with the right knowledge, one can always scale through

If you don't mind we could partner and are how things goes

Also interested.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Bendeco2020: 1:01pm On Jan 24
No money in blogging. Do you know the kind of traffic your web have to generate before you can earn 100 dollars.

You can just be earning 30-50k monthly. That's if your web have traffic o

You can only blow if you use the blog to advertise your own business.

Most of these guys replying Yes are not bloggers. They're just giving answers base on the rumors they heard.

Unless your web will be generating traffic like Nairaland and all these credible news websites

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Abbeytoy(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24
AlexBells:
Yes blogging is lucrative. If you are aiming for earning through organic traffic, you can give it two years but if you have money to invest in the blogging you can start earning within a month in a fifty fifty sequence where you risk account ban.

The basic things you need to start your blogging is a domain name and hosting plan. There other tools but once you get your domain and hosting some basic blogging tools are free. Also you need to understand content creation especially text content. If you are already a writer it is a plus.

Blogging is profitable though it requires time and deductions. Good luck. I can answer your question on blogging.

Can you mentor someone?
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by TruthsFM: 1:03pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks
I will advise you here to first build your social media handles like facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Have at least 50k followers on them and see how easy your blogging or vlogging work will be easy. First build your social media handles.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24
Abbeytoy:

Can you mentor someone?
Yes, I can.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24
TruthsFM:
I will advise you here to first build your social media handles like facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Have at least 50k followers on them and see how easy your blogging or vlogging work will be easy. First build your social media handles.
Thats a dangerous advice, once you didn’t mention SEO
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by TruthsFM: 1:05pm On Jan 24
AlexBells:
Thats a dangerous advice, once you didn’t mention SEO
nope, that’s how you generate traffic inside your blogs. That’s how intel region blogger blow in blogging work.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Piroty: 1:07pm On Jan 24
Most lucrative thing right now is buying dollars,everyday profit

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Abbeytoy(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24
AlexBells:

Yes, I can.

Contact?
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Bendeco2020: 1:08pm On Jan 24
TruthsFM:
Oga calm down. Google will ban his account if his traffic comes through social medias

Unless he is not planning to use Google adsense.

The best way to generate traffic is SEO

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 1:09pm On Jan 24
TruthsFM:
nope, that’s how you generate traffic inside your blogs. That’s how intel region blogger blow in blogging work.
Are you a blogger? Do you know about monetized account ban? Adsense is the biggest ads network to bloggers. Facebook traffic are usual treated as not quality enough. That falls in the category of arbitrage blogging or loading both are 50/50 Chances but can be highly lucrative, organic traffic regarding Google Adsense comes from search engines. You mentioned other traffic source without mentioning seo abd this is 2024 which why I Said an important aspect is lacking in your post
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 1:10pm On Jan 24
Abbeytoy:

Contact?

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Topman7: 1:11pm On Jan 24
Fiscus105:

You said it all, when news of "mighty ones going down", naija ears would quickly open to hear about it. Even for them to cross examing to know the fact, they are not concerned about that.

No wonder Africa going backwards.

Shut up. How is Africa going backwards?

Idiot with inferiority complex.

Small fool that has never visited a single African country in his life will just come online typing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by kenniefawole(m): 1:12pm On Jan 24
Kennietech:
Good day , so my thread with the same topic created in 2017 with over 30k views and 500 comment was deleted due to some reason best know to NL and their mods , so I’m creating a new one here . Basically I would be highlighting the cost of creating a website/blog in Nigeria .

[Existing bloggers/website owners should drop their website for review , I will giving you tips on how to improve your traffic , how to get google adsense and how to earn more , also sharing some useful premium plugins with you , Before you drop your url , take out time to read this piece]

The world is revolving , everything is getting digitalized , having a website for your business can not be over emphasized ,
The today’s cost of creating a website ranging from E-commerce , Blog , real estate , VTU portal , Coperate , courier, multivendor , portals and many others in Nigeria is within the range of [30,000 - 500,000] .. Kindly contact us at Kennie tech today (www.kennietech.com.ng)

Before I proceed , do you need a business website , VTU , E-commerce , Real estate .. We can help you design whichever type of website you want to create , Just reach me via the number below my signature
Blogging in Nigeria

Unlike every other business , Blogging is one of the most profitable business that the economy recession does not affect , NCC recorded over 105 million active Nigerian users on the internet , which means recession does not affect blogging , regardless of how broke Nigerians are , we will still visit the internet .
Just like every business once you lack proper understanding and strategy, you end up going the wrong way .. Before i continue I'm a Web consult | Business Strategist | Business consultant | Web developer | Web manager | CEO of Kennie Tech , get in touch with us via kennietech.com.ng

Okay , Let’s continue , You will Agree with me that we have many bloggers , over millions , but only few succeed , why ?? because they understand every necessary thing needed , Mind you , Blogging is just like any other offline Business, If you are not ready to spend & investment then I'm sorry to say "You might be one of the , I want to sell my blog" Type of bloggers.

I can not guarantee how much you will be earning per day, But I can assure you , you will recover back your initial capital within a short period of time depending on your plans ..

Analysis of how to monetize your blog

After creating a blog , make sure your design is perfect , create all the necessary pages like (about us , privacy policy , contact us , e.t.c) , Opt in for the following in monetization of your Blog

1) Google adsense
2) Affiliate marketing (Depending on your niche)
3) Member subscriptions

Now , you need to blog for money , that is why you must think in a way others are not . Think like it’s a business .

According to AdSense , Nigeria is one of the country with the lowest CPC , Nigerians are not really favoured when it comes to Adsense ..for every click on your adsense account from a Nigeria User you might end up earning ($$0.01 - 0.07) But talking of countries like USA , UK , south Africa , Canada .. You get as low as ($1 - $10) depending on your niche , keyword ,search visibility , i know you are getting confused , You can call me for better explanation

Now here is a strategy from me , oh before i forget "I'm Business Strategist | Business Consult , i can raise your dead business all you need to do is get ready to spend"

Be prepared to Spend on Ads , trust me with a Good strategist like me , you will always get high return in your earning from Ads , Many people just don't really understand how it should done that is why you end not getting the advert impression you wanted , I can help you in running Ads for desired countries, interest e.t.c and be rest assured to get double folds .. So , i can not disclose my strategy here , But a wise person should already get the concept of how you can earn over $50 from AdSense in a day ..

Imagine you have 5,000 Page view daily,
2500 from Nigeria , 2500 from Top country with High CPC from Adsense as a result of our Facebook ads and some other means lipsrsealed not disclosing
Imagine You have 100 clicks from Nigeria (Ctr 1% , CPC= 0.10)
Your total earning should be in the range of ($10 - $20)
Now having 50 clicks from Top country with high CPC (Ctr 1% CPC =$1- $2) that is ($50 -$100 ) Depending on your facebook ads Budget ... I hope somebody is smiling cheesy .. In a day you tend to earn over $60 - $70 provided , ($1800 - $2100) in a month , Now remove your adverts budget , web space fee , other payments , You should be left with at least $1000 as personal Gain ... Mind you , adsense is not the only way of monetizing your blog , But it is the major way ... Other forms of monetization include affiliate marketing , Offline adverts e.t.c , Get prepared to earn over $3000 in all ..

Here is a breakdown of how much you should be spend in setting up your standard Blog

1) Domain - Depending on your extension and country of purchase .. Either you opt in for a Nigerian Registrar or Foreign Domain Registrar , (Just like you know , Anything Nigeria is not always the Best Idea , but preferably they could be managed for a start) So , depending on your financially capability and how well you believe in this business, You can either choose between a Nigerian Registrar and Foreign Domain registrar ..
Talking of Foreign Registrar .Com ($10 - $15) depending on the registrar, I recommend www.Godaddy.com. you can check out their pricing list
Talking of Nigeria Registrar .Com (3500 - 4500) depending on the registrar as well , for Nigeria , i recommend www.whogohost.com
Now , after buying your domain , Congratulations , you are now a CEO grin,

2) Get a WordPress Hosting Plan , like stated above , you have to choose between a foreign Hosting registrar and Nigeria as well (For a Nigeria Hosting plan be prepared to experience downtime , your website might go off for couple of hours without any tangible reason) For a foreign Registrar I recommend www.bluehost.com ($2.5 -$7 per month) depending on your website purpose , I have over 10 websites with them and perfectly fine , for Nigeria , I recommended the same www.whogohost.com (400 -2500)

Incase you need a foreign host , I have a blue-host business pro shared hosting , I can help you host your website for 10,000 - 15,000 per year depending on what your website is about
I can also help you make payment for foreign transactions

3) Development & Design - After getting this two, approach any Good WordPress Develope like me grin , Trust me a professional wordpress designer (SEO optimized ,easy AdSense approval , Mobile friendly ) will charge you nothing less than (#30,000 - #250,000) Depending on what you want, But you can contact me for further details

4) Get AdSense - Google Adsense is no doubt the most reliable and used monetization program , you can be rest assured that you are definitely getting paid for everything you earn . Getting google adsense might be tough which is why you need a very good developer that understand the concept like me

5) Extra ways to get income. -Register for some affiliate marketing programs , Employ Good Content writers and watch as your investment grows !! .. I hope i was able to inspire someone , Drop a review about Me here if this post was helpful

https://www.nairaland.com/6775085/thread-meant-client-reviews-testimonials

I’m Web designer| social media strategist | Business strategist | Business Consultant ...Drop ur blog URL , I would give an overview of blog( pros and cons ) , would also give you some free advice to increase ur traffic and rank higher in searches . You can reach me via the number below my signature

Visit my website to read some useful tips www.kennietech.com.ng

@kenniefawole @taiwofawole

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 1:16pm On Jan 24
Bendeco2020:
No money in blogging. Do you know the kind of traffic your web have to generate before you can earn 100 dollars.

You can just be earning 30-50k monthly. That's if your web have traffic o

You can only blow if you use the blog to advertise your own business.

Most of these guys replying Yes are not bloggers. They're just giving answers base on the rumors they heard.

Unless your web will be generating traffic like Nairaland and all these credible news websites
I don’t call myself a blogger because I identify more as a politician but I can tell you from experience that blogging is a lucrative source of passive income, if you get it right at some point you don’t even have to work much to make money
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by TruthsFM: 1:16pm On Jan 24
Bendeco2020:

Oga calm down. Google will ban his account if his traffic comes through social medias

nope I disagree with you here. There’s no way you will be blogging that you won’t work on SEO, Rpm, cpc either you are blogging or a vlogger. Google Adsense policies never restrict website on social media pages. There’s no way you won’t see Linda ikeji , Instablog9ja , Gistlover links on their media pages either on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages. They may not invest on YouTube cos’ of its policies on monetisation, most of them invest heavily on facebook, Instagram and Twitter media pages. And they are cashing out big monthly. Building social media pages is the first thing to do if you want to succeed on blogging works
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by TruthsFM: 1:17pm On Jan 24
Bendeco2020:

nope I disagree with you on that.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Versal: 1:19pm On Jan 24
Yes! But, only for the ladies.

Linda Ikeji
BlessingECO etc

...because of bottom power
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by finallybusy: 1:21pm On Jan 24
JAMB question.
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Topman7: 1:21pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks

Forget that blogging stuff and go set up a YouTube channel.

One guy just takes his camera around showing fine houses and mansions and he has blown big time with over a million subscribers. That’s major income.

Just choose your favourite niche and start a YT channel. You can even be sampling Naija food in Buka and be uploading videos on that.

Or you can focus on club scene, or showing new projects and infrastructure, or traditional festivals, etc. Your target audience should be diaspora guys in US, UK etc.

Imagine being in their shoes. What videos would YOU love to see about Naija?

Brainstorm on that, and then supply it.

Be committed. Upload consistently. You will clean up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Free2Fly: 1:22pm On Jan 24
edlion57:
Anything u do with passion is lucrative

Not really/always true
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by k2fresh: 1:22pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks
Making money in blogging is nothing but easy.To succeed in blogging is hella difficult.The time and energy you need to be successful at blogging if you put half or even 1/3 of that energy on you offline business.i can assure you,you would make it.It is easier to be successful on YouTube or say tik tok.If you are lucky enough and the algorithm pick up your video you can go viral.There is no such thing as luck in blogging.You must put in the work.i'm writing this from my personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AgbadoDie: 1:23pm On Jan 24
Yea, Bro
Blogging is lucrative only when you are very very patient and, on the other hand, when you must have spent a very good amount of money before you can finally land on your ideal blog.

I have someone who spent over 1.5m in three of his blogs, guess what?

Google blacklisted all of them to zero. That he can't even resell the blog or do anything to it. It was 100% waste.

So, before you venture into blogging, ask yourself these questions:
Am I ready to to really invest in this blogging?
Can I renew my blog host even if I didn't make a dime after 2 to 3 years?
Can I risk losing all these money I am investing here and still stand firm?
What if Google blacklist my blog due to plagiarism or copyright?
Do I have the financial backup to pay for content writers?

Bro, I wish you good luck but blogging is not easy.

I have own a website before in 2018 till 2020 and it failed to generate income, I shut it down. I owned blogs between 2018 till 2022 and they all failed till I have up. That's how it is.

My friend in the industry sold one of his blogs 850k last week, but I couldn't succeed in it. So, read through and see if you can venture there.

I am going into YouTube now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inexpensive Ways To Celebrate Your Workers / All Work & No Play... 7 Steps To Achieve Work/life Balance / Exxonmobil Workers Begin Three-day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.