Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) (54455 Views)

City-based Roofers Are Creating Strong & Stylish Roofs For Future / Turn Old Roofs Into New With #SOLACOAT! / Say Bye Bye To Re-roofing...turn Old Roofs Into New! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Falseprofet2: 7:48pm On Jan 23
Some advantages of pitched roof

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by crewboom: 7:51pm On Jan 23
lol..... Like seriously to prevent their what!
BloomingDale:
To prevent their neighbors from getting fresh air.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Lifemanage: 7:55pm On Jan 23
Arcbox:
It allow for quick run-off rain water and prevent leakages as compare to flat roof..it’s more aesthetically pleasing and egocentric..it allow for better indoor air quality and thermal comfort in building. Finally, it last longer than flat roof.
Big lies....
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:55pm On Jan 23
mrvitalis:

Don't know who taught you physics but you don't need that high elevation to remove water

15° elevation is more than enough even 5° the water would flow down

I heard you talking about moisture, moisture for metal roof in a tropical climate?

Bros please na
oil dey ur head grin
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by ttmax09(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23
gasparpisciotta:

The guy na history graduate
grin grin[right][/right] You are not nice sir.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Amudeneogu: 7:56pm On Jan 23
It is called send down the rain, it is just to prevent from entering the rooms through the roof.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by dinkyicon: 7:59pm On Jan 23
money121:
Advantage of high roofing

There's less danger of pooling water: On high-slope rooftops, gravity makes short work of any moisture—as the roof quickly channels the water down into gutters. The lower the slope, the longer moisture lingers on the rooftop where it degrades materials and turns weak spots into leaks.
lol... Poling water you say... Even ones with lower slope cannot pool water
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by yusluvad(m): 8:04pm On Jan 23
money121:

Mute Efe
Egbon you don start blogging ?

Boss has been a long time business man in this roofing business, and also a long time crypto trader and exchanger. He also has a blood brother doing exceedingly great and excelling well in the online space. Awon ti Lasuite.🙌🏽🙌🏽🤭🤭

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by money121(m): 8:05pm On Jan 23
yusluvad:
Egbon you don start blogging ?
Naso we see am oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by yusluvad(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23
money121:

Naso we see am oo grin grin
Very good sir!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by lomprico(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23
money121:

Mute Efe

Fashion
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by money121(m): 8:10pm On Jan 23
yusluvad:
Very good sir!
Thanks brother mi

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by BleedGraphix: 8:11pm On Jan 23
AKWATGOLD1:
My opinion on this kind of high roofing is that it reduces the amount of heat in the building which makes the building cooler than low roofing.
Op, right here is your answer. It's as simple as that. Lower roofing quickly spoils the ceiling because of hot air pressure while roofs with larger surface area reduces this pressure and makes it cooler.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Justiceleague1: 8:12pm On Jan 23
Come on guys,it's mainly against solar radiation induced heat. It's got general purpose though as regards the weather-rains,etc but it's mainly against solar radiation which is a big issue in naija where there is a huge power problem.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Xpol: 8:15pm On Jan 23
The only practical advantage I see in this roofing
design is its resistance to wind.

Contrary to what some are saying, this is not a new design it's just modification to the existing "old skool" design.

There's one such building in our street (family house), back then wind can tamper with almost all the roofs of the houses in the street but this particular house wouldn''t be affected. That's why people are now going back to the design and adding modifications.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Arcbox(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23
Lifemanage:

Big lies....
Can you come up with your points! Mumu
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Aguogba(m): 8:16pm On Jan 23
mrvitalis:

Don't know who taught you physics but you don't need that high elevation to remove water

15° elevation is more than enough even 5° the water would flow down

I heard you talking about moisture, moisture for metal roof in a tropical climate?

Bros please na
Not just metal, Aluminum for that matter that doesn't runt.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by MONEY247: 8:20pm On Jan 23
money121:

Mute Efe
Go visible or Go home..🍉🍉🍉
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by israelmao(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23
Rainwater drains out quickly whereby leading to great reduction in leakage.The airvent in this kind provides suitable room temperature.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Goldin321(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23
As a solar installer, this roof as always be a kinda nightmare for my team to work on but we always find a way out.

Meanwhile, the most disadvantageous of it, is the shadow of one side on the other depending on the sun position and this always results in lower harvest and production of solar panels, hence the end user loses a lot of energy everyday.

In fact, a client once painfully told me that the roof is even the most expensive in his building without a special and convincing benefit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by babajero(m): 8:28pm On Jan 23
money121:

Mute Efe
You be monitoring spirit? Nah people like you dem dey pray against as neighbours, people like you na im neighbours progress dey pain.
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by lonelydora: 8:28pm On Jan 23
I am angry with this nonsense high roof. My builder made spend extra 1.4m because of this nonsense high roof.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by ariesbull: 8:36pm On Jan 23
Gravity again comes to the rescue when it comes to water, leaves and other debris, which tend to slide off – or get blown off – high-pitched roofs.

Rooftops with low slopes, however, tend to catch debris more easily and keep it longer, which can be a problem if you have plenty of nearby trees.

Also it helps in aesthetics that's why most of the cities in East are cute ...due to this roofing pattern though it's expensive...the worst is absestors

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by gasparpisciotta: 8:38pm On Jan 23
lexy2014:

If it's a disadvantage to maintenance, how was the roof installed?

Kindly watch out for any new roof installation around your area, you will understand better
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Ravenna: 9:03pm On Jan 23
money121:

Stop joor grin grin ; I heard some even hide money under that roof
Very poor thinking..
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by AviatorMoney(m): 9:03pm On Jan 23
money121:

Stop joor grin grin ;
I heard some even hide money under that roof
Are u planning to break into d roof??
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Kennyswag: 9:04pm On Jan 23
Justiceleague1:
Come on guys,it's mainly against solar radiation induced heat. It's got general purpose though as regards the weather-rains,etc but it's mainly against solar radiation which is a big issue in naija where there is a huge power problem.
make them dey play.

flat roof wey dey make pop crack

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Ravenna: 9:05pm On Jan 23
gasparpisciotta:
Apart from aesthetics, high roof has no special advantage. It is even a disadvantage in case of maintenance because carpenters will find it difficult to maintain good balance when carrying out repair works on the roof.

There is a popular saying amongst carpenters: a high roof is the gateway to heaven.

Which maintenance?!
Since I was born in 1985 till now, no maintenance has been carried out on our roof in Lagos.

House get better Asbestos from Nigerite.

Na cheap roofings dem dey maintain.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by Waterlilly: 9:10pm On Jan 23
BloomingDale:
you wan use laugh kill me
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by smokeyupu(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23
[ :-Xquote author=money121 post=128086266]

Stop joor grin grin ;
I heard some even hide money under that roof[/quote]

THEIR MIND NO GO REST ANYWHERE DEM DEY WHEN HEAVY STORMS ENTER TOWN
Re: What Is The Idea Behind These High Roofs? (Photo) by edward1106(m): 9:16pm On Jan 23
BloomingDale:
Heat don finish this one grin grin grin grin
There is nothing wey person wan tell me.

Indirectly saying, you've got a good sense of humour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Expensive Real Estate Locations In Nigeria (2021) / Photos Of My Apartment After Renovation For Christmas -phoros / Ikoyi Building: Wife, Relations Fight Over Femi Osibina's Cash, Luxury Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.