Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route (6641 Views)

Let’s Talk About Croatia Work Permit And Visa Application. / Police In Croatia Deport Abia Uchenna Alexandro And Eboh Kenneth Chinedu / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Bestest05: 3:24pm On Apr 08
Hello OP, what is the best option for a 40yr old male with WAEC certificate. That wants to travel to Croatia for work
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 5:18pm On Apr 08
Good evening charmingsamson,

I hope you are doing well.
Please I would like to know if you process your visa application to Croatia from Nigeria through VFS Abuja?
If yes, please how long after submitting did you get a response from them?
I would like to know because their website said the visa will be ready within 45 days or more and now it is already 55 days and I’m yet to hear from them.

I have emailed them on Friday to know the status of my application and no response yet.
I’m very worried because my employer is already paying for my accommodation in Croatia and he’s not happy about the delay.

Can you advise me what else i can do?
Would it be okay to send them a another email?
Thank you and I shall await your response

charmingsamson:
Yes, You can convert from student visa to work permit. You don't need to speak Croatia to obtain work permit
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by liftmeGod: 8:44pm On Apr 08
Eky29:

Please I would like to know if you process your visa application to Croatia from Nigeria through VFS Abuja?
I would like to know because their website said the visa will be ready within 45 days or more and now it is already 55 days and I’m yet to hear from them.

I have emailed them on Friday to know the status of my application and no response yet.
I’m very worried because my employer is already paying for my accommodation in Croatia and he’s not happy about the delay.

Please where nearest Croatia embassy that i can legalize my police certificate
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by liftmeGod: 8:44pm On Apr 08
[quote author=liftmeGod post=129337410][/quote]
Please where nearest Croatia embassy that i can legalize my police certificate
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by liftmeGod: 8:45pm On Apr 08
[quote author=liftmeGod

Please where nearest Croatia embassy that i can legalize my police certificate[/quote]
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by mediafada(m): 2:32am On Apr 09
[quote author=liftmeGod post=129337431][/quote]

Embassy is in South Africa, do you have to legalize at the embassy or just to legislation it at MFA
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 3:13pm On Apr 09
Embassy of the Republic of Croatia London .
You can email them first to get their requirements for legalization

quote author=liftmeGod post=129337419]
Please where nearest Croatia embassy that i can legalize my police certificate[/quote]
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 3:16pm On Apr 09
It goes this way
Legalization at the federal ministry of foreign affairs Abuja?
Authentication at the Nigerian High Commission London .
Legalization at the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia London.

quote author=mediafada post=129339840]

Embassy is in South Africa, do you have to legalize at the embassy or just to legislation it at MFA[/quote]
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 3:20pm On Apr 09
Embassy of Croatia in Pretoria South African only process Nigerians visa application through VFS Abuja.

When it comes to legalization of Nigerian documents, Croatia embassy in South Africa doesn’t do that.

mediafada:

Embassy is in South Africa, do you have to legalize at the embassy or just to legislation it at MFA
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 3:21pm On Apr 09
Charmingsamson please I’m still waiting for your response.

Eky29:

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Lynoverse(m): 4:58pm On Apr 09
Eky29:
Charmingsamson please I’m still waiting for your response.

Hi Eky29
I saw your mail but don't know how to reply

I submitted since 16 of February, haven't heard anything
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 6:07pm On Apr 09
Is very simple
You just click reply button and then type

But it is okay, we can chat here,

Lynoverse:

Hi Eky29

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 6:14pm On Apr 09
You actually submitted 3 days after mine. I submitted on the 13th of February.

I have not heard anything from them, I even sent them an email last week Thursday and no response yet. It was very strange because during the time I was looking for which Croatian embassy to legalize my police character, I emailed them few times and they usually reply within few hours.

So I’m wondering maybe they didn’t see my email and I’m thinking of resending but I’m not sure that will be a good idea because all these embassies sometimes have skoi skoi..

Lynoverse:

Hi Eky29

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Lynoverse(m): 8:06pm On Apr 09
Eky29:

I have not heard anything from them, I even sent them an email last week Thursday and no response yet. It was very strange because during the time I was looking for which Croatian embassy to legalize my police character, I emailed them few times and they usually reply within few hours.

So I’m wondering maybe they didn’t see my email and I’m thinking of resending but I’m not sure that will be a good idea because all these embassies sometimes have skoi skoi..

Ok sir
I actually use a third party for my application and he told me the approval is btw six to twelve month.
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Lynoverse(m): 8:06pm On Apr 09
Eky29:

Ok sir
I actually use a third party for my application and he told me the approval is btw six to twelve weeks.
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 8:27pm On Apr 09
I’m a lady 😁
Jesus!!! 6 to 12 months?
Maybe it’s because of the type application you applied for. My employer actually called them like 3 weeks after I submitted and they told him that it takes 45 days or more sometimes to process the visa

Lynoverse:

Ok sir
I actually use a third party for my application and he told me the approval is btw six to twelve month.
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 8:28pm On Apr 09
This nomad how is it like? Is it a work visa?

Lynoverse:

Ok sir
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Lynoverse(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10
Eky29:
This nomad how is it like? Is it a work visa?

Nope is a visa that allows you to stay in Croatia for one year
It mostly mainly for remote worker
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 4:16pm On Apr 11
Ohhh ok
This is my first time of hearing it

quote author=Lynoverse post=129371367]

Nope is a visa that allows you to stay in Croatia for one year
It mostly mainly for remote worker [/quote]
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 4:20pm On Apr 11
Maybe you can email them to know the status of your application or better still check with the embassy since you are in SA but not sure they can allow you in.

quote author=Lynoverse post=129350679]

Hi Eky29

I submitted since 16 of February, haven't heard anything [/quote]
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by charmingsamson(m): 10:04am On Apr 13
I applied in Croatia with a Schengen visa, but a buddy applied in Abuja, and it took more than two months since VFS submitted it to the Croatian Embassy in South Africa, which then approved it by the Ministry of Interior in Croatia. Please be patient. Good luck.
Eky29:

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by charmingsamson(m): 10:12am On Apr 13
It depends on if you choose to live alone. If you want a shared apartment, it will cost you between 150 and 250 Euro per room, but living alone will depend on the sort of apartment you choose. The cost of living is very inexpensive. Salary varies by employment; some make between 850 and 1400 euros after taxes and health insurance. Transportation costs 0.55 cents every trip. Most people in Croatia speak English, but I recommend that you learn Croatian for easier assimilation.
tunjistev:
@ charmingsamson

Good afternoon, thank you for this information it helps alot.
I came across your post in March 2024 and I followed you and @Eky29 steps.
Lucky me an employer replied me last week and set up zoom interview yesterday, very straight forward guys.
I passed the first stage of interview and am moving to next stage which is panel interview with the team.
It's an administrative role, he asked me salary expectations but i think I did not research well on that area he said I can still make amendments in the next interview.
Please assit with the below questions should incase it comes up in the next interview stage I don't want to lose this opportunity:

1. Cost of living in Zagreb like housing, transport, feeding etc.
2. Everybody speaks english cause I have to relate with customers/clients.
3. Please what is like average salary of administrative staff. Google give me €27k per annual and that's like €2.2k per month.

@Eky29
Please kindly assit if there's any additional information or questions that might come up.
Since you have pass through this stage.

Thank you in advance i only have till Wednesday.

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by charmingsamson(m): 10:23am On Apr 13
When it comes to working in Croatia, your age is not an issue. If you have all of the necessary talents, I promise you will not have any problems. Electrical and plumbing contractors are in high demand here. Working as a restaurant cook. To work in Croatia, you must possess all of the required abilities. check Linkdin or https://www.moj-posao.net/HR/Izdvojeno/International/Foreign-Workers-Jobs-Croatia. Make sure your CV is excellent and apply. We need more good Nigerians here. Good luck.
Bestest05:
Hello OP, what is the best option for a 40yr old male with WAEC certificate. That wants to travel to Croatia for work
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by charmingsamson(m): 10:38am On Apr 13
I have made a list of companies hiring foreigners and recruiting companies to bring foreigners to Croatia. I have you contact them. Please make sure you have skills and your CV is perfect. A criminal record is important. It must be legalized in the ministry of foreign affairs. Then maybe the Nigerian Embassy in London and the Croatian Embassy in London. Good luck.

DEKRA employment
https://www.futurejobs.hr/
itialuS
Manpower Croatia
Profesio
Scalable Global Solutions
SelectIO
Ambacia
B4b D.o.o.
Mplus
Sapientia nova

1 Like

Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Sopurusistus: 11:25am On Apr 13
charmingsamson:
Hello Everyone, I am a Nigerian who recently moved to Croatia. I am surprised that I can hardly find any Nigerians, even Africans. It is a shame because Croatia is a nation thriving with steady growth in economics, boom infrastructure, and tourism. I am surprised there are any Nigerians coming to work here. Whenever I take a walk on the streets, it is full of Nepali and Indian nationals working in construction companies, bakers, cleaners, wolts, and other important sections where local nationals won't want to work. There are a lot of jobs here. The minimum wage here is 840–1000 euros. They have a very good health section and a beautiful seaside, which I think is the best in Europe. I haven't experienced any racism and the people are friendly, and mostly the women are very beautiful and they love black men. I will guide you on how to apply for a job in Croatia.

First, create a very good CV and create an account with Moj-posao.net. You need to translate the page because it is in Croatian. Click job for jobs for foreign workers in Croatia. https://www.moj-posao.net/HR/Izdvojeno/International/Foreign-Workers-Jobs-Croatia/   Start applying immediately. Please continue applying. Don't sleep or rest. another website for hiring foreigner https://brightfuture.hr/looking-for-a-job/ There are a lot of jobs for foreigners.

If you finally get a job, the Croatian Embassy visa application is handled by VFS Croatia in Abuja. It was straight-forward. High rate for visa approval for job applications. If you intend to study in Croatia, which is likely the easiest. Aspira University College in Split and Zagreb campuses is your best option. They offer a program in English with very cheap tuition fees. Study visa is straight-forward and easier. Please ask me any questions here. Please, nobody should DM me; I won't respond. We need very good Nigerian in Croatia. Croatians want foreigners who are likely to integrate very well into society. Learning Croatian is very important. Good luck.
Good day, please the second website you posted is requesting for a payment of $50
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Eky29: 2:28pm On Apr 13
Ohhh okay
Well it’s over 2 months, I hope it comes out soon.

quote author=charmingsamson post=129412956]I applied in Croatia with a Schengen visa, but a buddy applied in Abuja, and it took more than two months since VFS submitted it to the Croatian Embassy in South Africa, which then approved it by the Ministry of Interior in Croatia. Please be patient. Good luck. [/quote]
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by mediafada(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13
charmingsamson:
I applied in Croatia with a Schengen visa, but a buddy applied in Abuja, and it took more than two months since VFS submitted it to the Croatian Embassy in South Africa, which then approved it by the Ministry of Interior in Croatia. Please be patient. Good luck.

@charmingsamson Did you apply for Schengen Visa from Nigeria then got your RP when you got to Croatia?.
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by Sopurusistus: 7:18pm On Apr 13
mediafada:

@charmingsamson Did you apply for Schengen Visa from Nigeria then got your RP when you got to Croatia?.
Please is there anyone that has relocated to Croatia through school route
Please what’s the minimum amount needed in both your personal bank statement and sponsors own
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by mediafada(m): 8:11pm On Apr 14
Sopurusistus:

Please is there anyone that has relocated to Croatia through school route
Please what’s the minimum amount needed in both your personal bank statement and sponsors own

I don't know if the OP went via study visa, I am at the point of submission but I need clarity on the type of visa to apply for.

University of Zagreb is not providing sufficient information regarding visa.

But based on my research, 5K Euro is enough for POF aside your tuition
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by bpatient: 1:57pm On Apr 18
Bro please,what is your job field and how did your 2nd interview go?
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by bpatient: 2:25pm On Apr 18
Hi liftmeGod , What route?Study or work?
Re: Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route by bpatient: 2:32pm On Apr 18
Eky29:

It goes this way
Legalization at the federal ministry of foreign affairs Abuja?
Authentication at the Nigerian High Commission London .
Legalization at the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia London.

quote author=mediafada post=129339840]

HI Eky29, Is hard copies or soft copies of the police clearance certificate that would be sent to London?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? / Egyptair Vs Ethiopian Airlines - Which Should i fly? Help guys / Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.