Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It (19966 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by jojothaiv(m): 10:20pm On Jan 25
E wrong o, e no wrong o, I sha don leave Makoko taytay and nothing fit bring come that side again maybe, just to say hello to the old timers and pewwww, a man is out.

Thank you, dad for the gift of independence.
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by vickydevoka(m): 10:20pm On Jan 25
Nice2023:
No woman should ever stay in such a home.

It wouldn't be long before ur mother in law will tag u a witch,there must always be friction between them.

But in all,I don't wish any woman such a trap as home.
Hmmm. Nigerian film don finish this one brain.
Lemme tell you something never generalize things. It's bad.
I know a lady that was staying with her husband in his family's house. But as soon as the left after 4 years, she couldn't survive it. They guy beats her every day plus hunger. They mother in-law lover her like tomorrow no dey. So stop generalising.
But me I won't do it because I'm financially stable. But my parents can stay with me because my dad especially is a peacemaker

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Sucolee(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25
Nothing bad...the only thing i see there is ladies need privacy
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Ebukamatth(m): 10:26pm On Jan 25
Ahmed0336:
There's nothing wrong with it but I WILL NEVER TRY THAT OR ALLOW MY CHILDREN TRY THAT NONSENSE WITH ME.

This man
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by CandidAdmin(m): 10:26pm On Jan 25
Nobody's asking a real question.
How exactly you wan knack and moan loudly when everyone is around?
Those who did it, how una take handle am?

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by xynerise: 10:29pm On Jan 25
E be like say HBP dey hungry you
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by udemzyudex(m): 10:30pm On Jan 25
rentAcock:
Absolutely nothing wrong with it, as a matter of fact, that's what I did. I got married and lived in the same house with my parents and siblings. While living with them, I was saving massively. My wife and I went back to school as well and got masters degrees. We had no kids for the 3 years we lived there so it was manageable. This allowed us to save enough money to build our own house without any debts. So it is financially wise to live in your parents house while married. You get to know each other more, it strengthens the bond between your wife and her inlaws and there's this sense of appreciation you have when you finally get your own place.

Are you still living there? If no why did you pack out?
If it's because you already have your own house, why didn't you rent it out and continue to stay with your parents instead?

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by seanwilliam(m): 10:34pm On Jan 25
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

Keep kwayet please, no be everything be lie.

I know two guys married and living in their parents house with their wives.

Both of them have duplexes(standard/confirm ones, no be gbegbe ones) that is 92% to 95% completed when last I checked.
One of them have at least 4( I don't know the actual figure) different buildings he uses for rent.

So, what is your point exactly?

Lol. For this one wey u talk ehn , you’re a liar from the pit of hell.
@op, if you don’t have the means yet, don’t leave your parents’ house, but if you’re sure you can stand on your own , please do…
In such situation, let your pocket decide.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by haybhi1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 25
JessicaRabbit:
Let me unravel this societal yarn for you. If your parents have a sprawling palace, and you've got a flourishing career nearby, who says you need to flee the nest like a startled pigeon?

Living with your parents doesn't equate to failure; it's a choice, a practical one at that. If the cohabitation vibes are harmonious, and everyone's doing the cha-cha of happiness, why disrupt the rhythm?

Marriage isn't a swift exit strategy from the parental abode; it's a union built on love 💑, respect, and occasionally stealing the TV remote. So, to those wielding judgment like a bludgeon, I say, let people nest where the heart is content, not where society dictates. After all, a house 🏡 is not a home if it's not filled with love, whether it's your own or your parents' overflowing embrace.

Your writing style is superb, your opinion is great. Are you single?😉😉 Can we mingle? Together, we could be useful? Isn't that cool? 'Cos I'm some cool dude😎😎
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by BABANGBALI: 10:51pm On Jan 25
Everything is wrong bro. Don't even think of it
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by BABANGBALI: 10:52pm On Jan 25
haybhi1:

Your writing style is superb, your opinion is great. Are you single?😉😉 Can we mingle? Together, we could be useful? Isn't that cool? 'Cos I'm a cool dude😎😎
ashawoooooooooooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by EconomistXplain: 10:52pm On Jan 25
Nice2023:
No woman should ever stay in such a home.

It wouldn't be long before ur mother in law will tag u a witch,there must always be friction between them.

But in all,I don't wish any woman such a trap as home.

but india big families of genereational extensions live together....no wahala

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by haybhi1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25
BABANGBALI:
ashawoooooooooooooooooo
Lol... what don't you know about interests and attraction, let me tell you?
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by ceeceeco: 10:58pm On Jan 25
My simple advice is that, live a life that will be more comfortable & pleasing to you, don't live your life because of what people will say, don't suffer yourself in order to please people, don't do things because other people are doing it, do things because it pleases you. In as much as owning your own house is good, living with your family in your father's compound is not bad either, I didn't mean living in the same house o, I mean compound, hence your father has more houses that can accommodate you and your family, & you don't have the financial resources to afford your own house, Please stay in your father's apartment & build yourself financially. Never you allow the society pressure you. People are only good at criticizing you, nobody cares about your suffering. If you get money, get your own house, but if you no get money, my brother dey for any of your papa apartment dey push am small small. Life na jeje, hustle, but no kill yourself o, because nobody send you for this life, absolutely nobody. If you die you dun die, life goes on.
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Oresiri: 10:59pm On Jan 25
Privacy !!!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by achorladey: 11:02pm On Jan 25
NikoDeBonAmi:
These days we see a lot of people saying at a certain age they are suppose to move out of their parents house. We even see were people attack others for still staying with their parents and thinking of marriage.

If your parents have a big and comfortable home were you stay and then you have a good job or flowing business in that same city or town, what is wrong to remain in your parents home and get married there especially when they are very happy for you to always be around them with your own family.

You mean something like the below 😂🤣😂🤣

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by MrDoGood(m): 11:03pm On Jan 25
Ahmed0336:
There's nothing wrong with it but I WILL NEVER TRY THAT OR ALLOW MY CHILDREN TRY THAT NONSENSE WITH ME.

You're smart.

Just agree with their nonsense and do what's right yourself
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Demurray: 11:05pm On Jan 25
ZIMDRILL:

neither was mentioned as short period, but my understanding, it meant permanent stay

If it was short stay one would start a thread of a short stay while one saves
How would you expect a man and his wife to stay in husband father's house for life? It has to be temporary

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Kionrae: 11:08pm On Jan 25
Very wrong
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Newsfeed247: 11:09pm On Jan 25
Davido Throw Massive Welcome Back Party for Chioma as She return from US with their twins

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCU44ItDek
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Tochi360: 11:09pm On Jan 25
Nothing really as long as the people involved are matured enough to respect each other.

Most importantly. As long as you are not a burden.

Do everything to contribute your own quarter to the welfare of the family.
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Lifemanage: 11:14pm On Jan 25
NikoDeBonAmi:
These days we see a lot of people saying at a certain age they are suppose to move out of their parents house. We even see were people attack others for still staying with their parents and thinking of marriage.

If your parents have a big and comfortable home were you stay and then you have a good job or flowing business in that same city or town, what is wrong to remain in your parents home and get married there especially when they are very happy for you to always be around them with your own family.
Nothing wrong. Don't mind society. If the house is big to accommodate another family within Ur father's house. Stay and build Ur empire from there
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:14pm On Jan 25
ZIMDRILL:

another thing, you will
never accummulate wealth if two generations stay in one place, let individual blossom in their own places

Sometimes we get gifted partners that make you blossom as a couple where you buil your own empire and it can inspire brothers and sisters.

Living with with in laws in their own house can
suppress individual growth (couple)

If its a family business i understand but a family home No No No

Countering every comment here looks domicile. You can clearly go on with ur approach to life, let those who feels they can manage with their parents then build their own house and move in have their say. It's that simple...
All these castle and all u capping are just mere words...
Life is not hard, humans makes it hard by setting logics that's not even worth it...
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by abike12(f): 11:15pm On Jan 25
If you can ask this question, PLEASE don't get married

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25
chyzoo4u:
The truth is that some people here that are against having a family while living with parents, will still later start up their family while living with their parent(s).

Dem no dey use mouth put fish for soup.

U don get it, they are warriors online while they look different offline... Hypocrites...
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25
Gentlesoul2021:

Countering every comment here looks domicile. You can clearly go on with ur approach to life, let those who feels they can manage with their parents then build their own house and move in have their say. It's that simple...
All these castle and all u capping are just mere words...

dont take it personal, am just airing my thoughts and neither did i say am right and so and so is wrong

am just saying my thoughts if you disagree with them
its all fine, we see things differently and work out situations differently

just remember am not meant to agree with anyone, am
meant to air what i think regardless that i agree with anyone, it only becames a problem if am forcing my views on anyone.
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:18pm On Jan 25
seanwilliam:

Lol. For this one wey u talk ehn , you’re a liar from the pit of hell.
@op, if you don’t have the means yet, don’t leave your parents’ house, but if you’re sure you can stand on your own , please do…
In such situation, let your pocket decide.

I swear to God who made me, I no dey lie.
Shey na you I wan impress with the lie ni abi what?

I may not be sure about the percentage of completion, but the buildings have been roofed and the pop(ceilings) works almost completed.

You think say na everybody dey bro ke like you or na everybody dem dey pursue comot for house?

Or do you think it is everyone that wants to live in a rented apartment when they can always stay at the comfort of their parents house pending when theirs are completed?

So, if your pa² get houses in the city where you work or run your business and you are not yet done with your building project, you go rush go rent house because you wan act mature abi wetin?

You are definitely a boy that doesn't have any responsibility at all.
Well, it depends on the kind of people around you sha, but truth be told, it is not a lie but truth
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:20pm On Jan 25
Demurray:

How would you expect a man and his wife to stay in husband father's house for life? It has to be temporary

am sure thats the reason why the thread was started, if it was temporal no one would ask such
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25
JessicaRabbit:
Let me unravel this societal yarn for you. If your parents have a sprawling palace, and you've got a flourishing career nearby, who says you need to flee the nest like a startled pigeon?

Living with your parents doesn't equate to failure; it's a choice, a practical one at that. If the cohabitation vibes are harmonious, and everyone's doing the cha-cha of happiness, why disrupt the rhythm?

Marriage isn't a swift exit strategy from the parental abode; it's a union built on love 💑, respect, and occasionally stealing the TV remote. So, to those wielding judgment like a bludgeon, I say, let people nest where the heart is content, not where society dictates. After all, a house 🏡 is not a home if it's not filled with love, whether it's your own or your parents' overflowing embrace.

Kudos...
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by BABANGBALI: 11:22pm On Jan 25
haybhi1:

Lol... what don't you know about interests and attraction, let me tell you?
stay away from seun's babe

1 Like

Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:23pm On Jan 25
GGIA:

I don’t want any relatives in my house. both mine and hers.

something difficult to control if you live with parents in their house, your mothers relatives will pop in and same with your daddy etc
Re: Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:27pm On Jan 25
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

What is this one saying?

Just say that is how they behave in your place and don't generalize.

grin grin
You would av know those who are evil in their lineage. Wic one is ur mother ND female siblings will hate ur wife...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Begs For Money With Her Newborn Triplets After Her Husband Absconded / My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father. / Opinion: Any Married Woman Who Pays Her Own Bills Is Single.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.