Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri (15369 Views)

Reno Omokri: Nobody On Earth Needs An iPhone13 / How To Get 2GB Of MTN Data Using 100 Naira / The Secrets Of Mtn Night Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by ivolt: 6:08pm On Jan 25
Agboriotejoye:

Actually it's not about stock or profit but repatriation of funds to their home country under what they term technology transfer
Technology transfer has nothing to do with fund repatriation.
Everything has to do with stocks when it comes to publicly listed companies.

If you own 100% of a company's shares, you own everything even if it was founded in
Siberia and all the staffs and managers are Chinese. Stock is ownership!

MTN was once owned 100% by SA conglomerate but not anymore.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Judolisco(m): 6:08pm On Jan 25
Borrow222:
Useless Clown.

So finally you're tried of calling PO.
PO really finished you with silence.
stop Derailing d thread
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Shawnnn01: 6:12pm On Jan 25
Some of your country men are already demarketing Glo up there with all the improvement it recorded over the years.

Na them go bad mouth Dangote Glo GTB but would later start lamenting about economy.

gaskiyamagana:
Nothing but true.
We must forever be thankful to GLO. We knew this. Infact,if not GLO minimum MTN recharge card could have been #500.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Chivik93(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25
brain54:
Hate them or love them...

One thing you can't take away from mtn is that they are reliable in the service they provide.

Most times the other networks they compete with are cheaper - calls and data. But you cannot help but rely on the mtn. Just recently I bought another network chip but I can't even use it because it's unreliable or unstable most times.

Monopolies tend to be exploitative. The aim of business is to make as much profit as is possible. Businesses will take advantage of loopholes in the system.

The government should be alive to it's responsibilities of ensuring laws are in place to limit the excesses of these companies in a proactive way.

Mtn obviously didn't go to any country to play!
on point, we should leave mtn along,we have a F-up government
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by DenreleDave(m): 6:21pm On Jan 25
AlhajiCSO:
Fgie001 mnd44 npmod Sun Dinique kina2
Rule 2

Pain is that you? 😂 😂 😂

Igbo man change identity to Hausa.

Fear fear
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by HugoBoss10(m): 6:23pm On Jan 25
Says the two face man.
What else do you want to say
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by sketching: 6:26pm On Jan 25
jice:
Reno is only looking for money. He has left PI to face MTN.

They are making $2m DAILY, they can at least cut him a one time payment of $10k
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by sketching: 6:29pm On Jan 25
TheRealMalcolmX:
undecided

If Glo gives quality service all year round, they would be worthy competitors. However, I remember how many times I've subscribed on my Glo sim but was unable to use it due to poor network.

Similarly, in over eight years I've never had a single issue with Stanbic Bank (owned by Standard group) but I had to stop using my Zenith and Access banks due to horrendous service.

That is free market.
If you have a better product, you can succeed. If the government is not giving competitors license, then that is monopoly.

Glo rather give their media/celebrity ambassadors money than improve their services/network.
I prefer Airtel for internet and MTN for calls.

2 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by onuman: 6:36pm On Jan 25
Apart from that, MTN defrauds Nigerians through mobile data from their WhatsApp calls that are mostly not connecting.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by onuman: 6:44pm On Jan 25
Nwaezeudo:
This white bearded goon again. Come straight and tell the Drug Lord that he has failed woefully not beating around the bush. Hypocritical goat!

Assuming it was Obi that's failing this way you would have gotten a ring light and be dropping videos on why you never supported him back to back but now we have to blame MTN for the economy that's in shambles and not the incompetent Iragbiji mandate thief undecided

If Peter Obi had been rightly declared winner of the election, Reno Omokri would have been dinning and wining with Obi.
Omokri is a maggot which goes where food is ready.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Slic1: 6:45pm On Jan 25
jice:
Reno is only looking for money. He has left PI to face MTN.

He is looking for money.
MTN and DSTV did nothing to our economy rather our corrupt politicians with benefit from a dysfunctional system.
The Kenyan Bishop said it government has to be alive to its responsibilities. Dangote is doing same in the cement industry. How much is a bag of cement in other African countries?

3 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Saig: 6:49pm On Jan 25
brain54:
Hate them or love them...

One thing you can't take away from mtn is that they are reliable in the service they provide.

Most times the other networks they compete with are cheaper - calls and data. But you cannot help but rely on the mtn. Just recently I bought another network chip but I can't even use it because it's unreliable or unstable most times.

Monopolies tend to be exploitative. The aim of business is to make as much profit as is possible. Businesses will take advantage of loopholes in the system.

The government should be alive to it's responsibilities of ensuring laws are in place to limit the excesses of these companies in a proactive way.

Mtn obviously didn't go to any country to play!

I use airtel. So fine for me

1 Like

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by grandstar(m): 6:51pm On Jan 25
This man is a notorious economic illiterate and his views should be ignored

4 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by GGIA: 6:58pm On Jan 25
OgaRico:
Nigerian version of xenophobia loading....
it is necessary
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 7:03pm On Jan 25
Shawnnn01:
This is how you clown ruin other people's business. Glo is performing perfectly fine n competing well to your shame.

You are the clown. You're a stupid fool. I'm talking about what affects me, you're yarning dust. Can one person bring a company like Glo down. Fck off mentioning me....and learn to use punctuation properly.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by porthouse7(f): 7:16pm On Jan 25
Borrow222:
Useless Clown.

he won't stop dealing with Peter obi and his zombies
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by comodo: 7:26pm On Jan 25
AnonPoet:

Posted By Reno Omokri On X (Formerly called Twitter)

Pls can someone explain to me in clear terms what exactly is stopping this shoe polish bearded man from floating his own telecoms coy so that he can wrestle d monopoly from emptyhen.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by dunski: 7:28pm On Jan 25
Alexis11:

What exactly is wrong in what he said?

Reno represents the truth. Stop hating unnecessarily.

Which truth?
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Druss(m): 7:31pm On Jan 25
If you believe this man did an investigation, I have a house in the middle of the Atlantic to sell you.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by israelmao(m): 7:31pm On Jan 25
MTN knows how to grease the palms of leaders in government in every African nation where it has stamped its monopolistic authority.Most of African political leaders are corrupt they keep sealed lips as soon as their selfish interest is satisfied.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by RisenObinna: 7:41pm On Jan 25
Borrow222:
Useless Clown.

Confirm. He's a useless clown that can do nothing for himself and seeks to stay afloat and relevant to his dumb followers by calling out his betters.

Clown Reno
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by CyberWolf: 7:42pm On Jan 25
Typical Africans, when they don’t do the right thing, they find who to blame. How exactly did MTN destroyed their economy? They kept rambling without telling us exactly what MTN that destroyed their economy. Some slowpoke here are saying GLO Shitty GLO that couldn’t get anything right. The money they continuously splash on celebrities could be use to upgrade their network and make it very reliable that they won’t even need advertising, but no, they provide shitty services and blame MTN.

2 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Discountsempai: 7:44pm On Jan 25
DEXTROVERT:
MTN
Wan
Kill
Glo
With
This
Format

If
Not
For
Glo
Only
Politicians
Would
Have
SIM cards

I
Have
About 100k of bonus to call other network and even roll over weeks.
Mtn does not roll over bonus credit,

DSTV
already
Killed
hiTv
Startimes

Airtel is active.

Startimes is active..very active

HiTv killed themselves by not offering diversified bouquets.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Discountsempai: 7:50pm On Jan 25
Nigerians don't know what monopoly is.

In Nigeria, MTN has competitors with Glo, airtel and 9mobile. Then there are a host of ISPs that compete with it too. Let's not even forget Musk's Starlink self.

MTN is not running a monopoly abeg. If it was, we would all be on MTN lines alone.

2 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Discountsempai: 7:51pm On Jan 25
onuman:
Apart from that, MTN defrauds Nigerians through mobile data from their WhatsApp calls that are mostly not connecting.

Then switch to airtel or glo
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by grandstar(m): 7:53pm On Jan 25
Slic1:

He is looking for money.
MTN and DSTV did nothing to our economy rather our corrupt politicians with benefit from a dysfunctional system.
The Kenyan Bishop said it government has to be alive to its responsibilities. Dangote is doing same in the cement industry. How much is a bag of cement in other African countries?

Nigerian DSTV has been 60% owned since its inception in Nigeria.

MTN has 3 competitors, of which Globacom and Airtel are well oiled.

If they can't compete against MTN, they have only themselves to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:53pm On Jan 25
ivolt:

Technology transfer has nothing to do with fund repatriation.
Everything has to do with stocks when it comes to publicly listed companies.

If you own 100% of a company's shares, you own everything even if it was founded in
Siberia and all the staffs and managers are Chinese. Stock is ownership!

MTN was once owned 100% by SA conglomerate but not anymore.
You don't know what is being talked about.
MTN repatriates a certain percentage of its profit as part of operating expense under the line heading of technology transfer to its parent company. This is separate from whatever the parent company gains for its stockholding
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Malroux: 8:03pm On Jan 25
abhosts:
If I am to make a guess, I think this clown is trying to extort money from MTN. His assertions are baseless because a significant stake in MTN Nigeria is now owned by Nigerians and not South Africans.
You are intelligent bro. You know who Wendell Simlin aka Reno Omokri is very well. This criminal doesn't just do what won't benefit him. I knew from the beginning that he is after something from MTN which they might refuse to give him hence the reason why he is blackmailing MTN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full Mobile Antivirus Needed For S40 Phone / Infinix Joins Dr Sid And Evogames To Host Mobile Gaming Tournament / Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.