Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri (15368 Views)

Reno Omokri: Nobody On Earth Needs An iPhone13 / How To Get 2GB Of MTN Data Using 100 Naira / The Secrets Of Mtn Night Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by RepoMan007: 8:09pm On Jan 25
Maybe MTN is also responsible for poor Glo network also.

DSTV is almost same story. They win the race and get hated for the fruits of their superior service.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Yankiss(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25
FreeStuffsNG:
I get his point but aot of things ruined the economy of Ghana and it predated the arrival of MTN in Ghana.

It is absolutely impossible for MTN to ruin our economy in Nigeria. Not even Dangote nor Shell Nigeria could ruin Nigeria let alone a fellow African foreign company.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
You would understand Reno's assertion if you go to other countries and try their networks. You could literally speak for hours on the phone in some countries with little or nothing as charge. Try it in Nigeria.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by wiseoneking: 8:14pm On Jan 25
Borrow222:
Useless Clown.

So finally you're tried of calling PO.
PO really finished you with silence.
Be sure to know that he’s reading your comment. That guy is all weather and can do anything for money
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by JimohMomoh: 8:19pm On Jan 25
TheRealMalcolmX:
undecided

If Glo gives quality service all year round, they would be worthy competitors. However, I remember how many times I've subscribed on my Glo sim but was unable to use it due to poor network.

Similarly, in over eight years I've never had a single issue with Stanbic Bank (owned by Standard group) but I had to stop using my Zenith and Access banks due to horrendous service.

God bless you.

Glo prefer to buy G-wagon for celebrities than fixing their poor networks.
Their staffs are poorly motivated and many have resigned and have now become agents hanging around their office premises.

You will pass through hell just to retrieve your Glo Sim in FCT, their over stretched staffs behave like civil servants.
Adenuga is no longer running that company well.
Any slight rainfall glo network will disappear and spoil your online business.

3 Likes

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by nearline(m): 8:36pm On Jan 25
Omihanifa:
Now everybody dey form BBC grin releasing documentaries cheesy
As someone who grew up watching a lot and I mean a lot of documentaries I can tell you that anyone can decide to make their own documentary. That is exactly how it works. The reason documentaries made by individuals are not common is because lack of funding and unavailability of other resources like security e.t.c. depending on what you want to document.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:38pm On Jan 25
We need to look inwards and stop looking to Outsiders to invest in our country. Because the reporting currency is in Dollars, they will have to leave if the dollar rate is unfavourable to them.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Ubdavis(m): 8:40pm On Jan 25
Weting be ur problem with mtn?
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by seborrhic: 8:46pm On Jan 25
Yankiss:
You would understand Reno's assertion if you go to other countries and try their networks. You could literally speak for hours on the phone in some countries with little or nothing as charge. Try it in Nigeria.
And you believe it?
No wonder someone can come to Nigeria say anything,no matter how outlandish and people would believe.
So if people can make calls for hours,how does the network make money?
Don't confuse free calls at some hours of the day or weekend or a bundle plan where you pay a fixed amount then can make calls unlimited,to networks not charging for calls.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Proffdada: 8:46pm On Jan 25
Alexis11:

What exactly is wrong in what he said?

Reno represents the truth. Stop hating unnecessarily.
Why hate what's not even worth the hate. He's an attention seeker who represents nothing close to the truth. Only gullible people swallow every word he utters.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by bellosulaiman(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25
AnonPoet:

Posted By Reno Omokri On X (Formerly called Twitter)

DSTV nko?
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Achoghim: 9:07pm On Jan 25
I don't know about the economics side of MTN's business but one thing I know is that they are the best in Nigeria. Where's the alternative? Is it Glo that goes on and off almost every day? Is it Airtel that zaps data like an F1 race car guzzling fuel or is it 9mobile that's turning off some of their masts?
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Achoghim: 9:13pm On Jan 25
It's in our character to blame others for our own shortcomings. Glo as an alternative is just terrible, I experience network outages almost every day and some can last hours. You don't just know when that "emergency calls only" or "no service" will pop up. I've made a lot of complaints via Facebook to Glo customer care but nothing has changed since then. There's no Glo 4G connection in my area but MTN has. Let's stop blaming others and work on ourselves
RepoMan007:
Maybe MTN is also responsible for poor Glo network also.

DSTV is almost same story. They win the race and get hated for the fruits of their superior service.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by babasolution: 10:19pm On Jan 25
Stop this Reno omokri crap,the guy is irritating and evil.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by themanderon: 10:47pm On Jan 25
Mtn has politicians in their pockets just like DStv does. They will always get by in a country like ours where politicians are only interested in their own interests.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Truvelisback(m): 7:25am On Jan 26
I hope this is not as a result of envy. MTN is not Nigeria's problem, our incompetent, clueless and self-centered govt is the Problem. Omokri, stop the envy.
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Jagabanarmy: 8:30am On Jan 26
brain54:
Hate them or love them...

One thing you can't take away from mtn is that they are reliable in the service they provide.

Most times the other networks they compete with are cheaper - calls and data. But you cannot help but rely on the mtn. Just recently I bought another network chip but I can't even use it because it's unreliable or unstable most times.

Monopolies tend to be exploitative. The aim of business is to make as much profit as is possible. Businesses will take advantage of loopholes in the system.

The government should be alive to it's responsibilities of ensuring laws are in place to limit the excesses of these companies in a proactive way.

Mtn obviously didn't go to any country to play!
Absolutely, I don't listen to fools like Omo ole
Re: Effect Of MTN's Monopoly On Economies Of Sub-Saharan Countries - Reno Omokri by Lingudy(m): 12:47am On Jan 27
He is making sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full Mobile Antivirus Needed For S40 Phone / Infinix Joins Dr Sid And Evogames To Host Mobile Gaming Tournament / Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.