Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles (35197 Views)

AFCON: Tinubu To Land In Abidjan For Nigeria V Cote D'ivoire / Nigeria Vs Sao Tome 10 -0 (I'm Not Impressed) Opinion / AFCON: Nigeria has The Highest Third Place Finishes In AFCON (see) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by 377: 4:56pm On Jan 25
Tinubu’s message was delivered through the Minister of Sports, John Enoh, who spoke to the players from Abuja via Zoom on Wednesday night in Abidjan.

According to Enoh, the President said he was not too impressed with the showing of the team during the group stage.

President Bola Tinubu has urged the Super Eagles to improve their performance and do better in the final stages of the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire, saying he was not impressed with the group matches.

Tinubu’s message was delivered through the Minister of Sports, John Enoh, who spoke to the players from Abuja via Zoom on Wednesday night in Abidjan.

According to Enoh, the President said he was not too impressed with the showing of the team during the group stage.

The minister said, “I had a meeting with the President yesterday. I went to the villa for something else and the President cornered me and said we (Eagles) managed to qualify and I said that’s how we are going to keep going until we win the tournament.

“He said that I should tell the players that he wasn’t too impressed with the last match but he knows that now that they are off the group stages, they are going to impress him more.

“That’s what the President told me and it means that the President is actually watching your matches. Would you believe this? And the President is urging you and also showing an understanding of the game because he knows that there is a lot of caution at the group stage and from the round of 16, you are going to be more impressive.

“I remember that in 2022 in Cameroon, Egypt as a country struggled to qualify but they went ahead to play the finals.”

Responding, team captain, Ahmed Musa, thanked the sports minister but also called on the President to come to see them play live saying it would serve as a motivation to the players.

The Super Eagles will play the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in the last 16 of the tournament on Saturday at the Felix Houphouet -Boigny Stadium in Abidjan.
https://punchng.com/afcon-tinubu-not-impressed-with-your-performance-minister-tells-seagles-players/?amp

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by tsephanyah(f): 4:59pm On Jan 25
My president Making Nigeria Great

112 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by MadamExcellency: 5:00pm On Jan 25
Does he know that Super Eagle was undefeated and was first in their group?

The aesthetic is no longer the better part of football but winning.

35 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Xscape1993(m): 5:02pm On Jan 25
Can he play football? This is not drug business ooo.

260 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by History555: 5:02pm On Jan 25
Neither are they impressed with your stewardship so far. They are following your footsteps, promise much achieve little

266 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by garriAndsugar: 5:07pm On Jan 25
Tinubu no know say nobody send am

84 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Throwback: 5:09pm On Jan 25
MadamExcellency:
Does he know that Super Eagle was undefeated and was first in their group?

The aesthetic is no longer the better part of football but winning.

They were not 1st in the group. And they only won those matches they did due to a penalty and an own goal.

Very rubbish performance.

336 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by kingsways: 5:10pm On Jan 25
Even me I m not impressed

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Arobaga: 5:16pm On Jan 25
Xscape1993:
Can he play football? This is not drug business ooo.

You dey mind the foolish president

A thief that took dollar from 750 to1400 within 7months is showing dissatisfaction on super eagles

Ebola should tell Mahmoood to go and rig AFCON

132 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by GanagiBitrus: 5:16pm On Jan 25
"You have done well, but there is still room for improvement - you can do much better"

That's what Mr President should rather be saying.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Deziwealth: 5:16pm On Jan 25
Sir don't worry, we assure you, we'll bring home the trophy 🏆

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by aariwa(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25
Lol tinubu don carry his Emilokan bad luck to eagles camp . I hope they don’t lose to Cameroun because tinubu bad luck seem to pass buhari own now

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25
grin grin grin

We Nigerians are also not impressed with your abysmal performance so far lol

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Otunbakay(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25
Just as Nigerians are not in anyway impressed with the performance of the Nigerian economy and security issues. Sir!

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Tonididdyx: 5:17pm On Jan 25
Because your over 2.5 and nor enter oga presido 🤣

.... We know how una Don palliative money play over1.5 wey cut!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by EdiskyHarry: 5:17pm On Jan 25
Very funny 🤣
Sometimes I come here for the jokes 🤣🤣🤣
All reasonable Nigerians are not impressed with your performance since you entered office tinubu

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by tobenuel(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25
Small yansh wan begin shake o. na the citizen come dey impressed with you? Shooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Olarewaju89: 5:18pm On Jan 25
Mumu man undecided

What is the difference between you and those useless boys?

Oga, we also aren't impressed with the way you are doing your government. Nonesense!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by SAMTOBIJU(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25
The president is right on this one. Even we the citizens too are not impressed with super eagles performance

16 Likes

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Infobase101: 5:18pm On Jan 25
Super Eagle's performance at the ongoing AFCON, a total reflection of the state of the nation. From the stolen mandate during the presidential election to the state of the economy, no one is impressed, no one is happy.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by money121(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25
Better
Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by kennyz247(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25
See black pot calling kettle black...
Wonders shall never end..
Of what use is mister president to common nigerians

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Fcwilly: 5:18pm On Jan 25
Don't worry they are coming home soon

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by fajob: 5:18pm On Jan 25
ok
Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by temmyejo: 5:19pm On Jan 25
The players are scared of getting wounded so they take the game with levity, this shows that there is no patriotism in the action at all and this is not it, home based players would perform with more zeal so Baba should please influence an improvement in the standardization of our local leagues

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by JasonNOTStatham: 5:19pm On Jan 25
I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In NIGERIA –
Super Eagles tells Tinubu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Englishisamust: 5:19pm On Jan 25
I regret voting tinubu.. embarassed embarassed.. I no fit afford 80% of thing I dey afford during buhari eraa again!!! I'm highly disappointed in you sir... I wish I can catch u tinubu. I go use sledge hammer bang that your head. You self dey criticize person undecided undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by nstore: 5:19pm On Jan 25
Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by Lanre1st(m): 5:20pm On Jan 25
I wish I was the captain of the team, I will reply back "Nigerians are not also impress with your performance as a president so far" grin shocked

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by geoworldedu: 5:20pm On Jan 25
Okay, we have heard you and we promise to do better if only you pay us our bonuses on time and fulfill all your audio promises to us over the years.

The Pledge
We fled from Nigeria our country
To the fruitful places in the far west
To serve Nigeria is not by force
To dey fend for our families
And uphold our standard of living
So help me god, amen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Impressed With Your Performance In AFCON – Tinubu Tells Super Eagles by popweezy(m): 5:20pm On Jan 25
True true.. we no even expect them to qualify to RO16 grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sergio Ramos Opposes Ronaldo Statement: No One Is Above Real Madrid / Super Falcons' Home Kit Voted Best Jersey Of 2019 Women’s World Cup / Antonella And Her Sons, Thiago And Mateo Came Out To Support Argentina And Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.