Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition (26450 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji-ojo Commissioned Arrival E" Of Abuja Airport & Remodeled Gates / Immigration Clears 60,000 Passport Backlogs In 4 Days – Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by ddippset(m): 9:21am On Jan 26
DenreleDave:

He is not going anywhere.... Leave with that
Okay.

I can live with that.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by COMPAQ(m): 9:21am On Jan 26
salbis:
The rot in Nigeria immigration service passport offices is massive.
Even with all these measures Nigerian passport will still be acquired by some foreigners.

True! The mechanic workshop near my house in Ologolo, Lekki is almost entirely Benenois!! What's really to stop them from getting Nigerian passport? Many of them have Yoruba like names and many of them speak Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by revolt(m): 9:22am On Jan 26
Been trying to get my passport for 2 yrs. It's insane.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:23am On Jan 26
Codeye:

There is a new condition

State the new Condition/Conditions you highlighted from that report.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by TopBanter: 9:24am On Jan 26
According to him the new conditions/templates introduced as prerequisites for obtaining or renewing passports were instituted to curb the acquisition of Nigerian passports by non-citizens.

Very, very important consideration as I believe the ease with which foreigners can get Nigerian passport, NIN and ID is one of the reason insecurity is now a very serious challenge for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Babinski: 9:26am On Jan 26
tunde1200:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-explains-new-conditions-for-passport-acquisition/

Some people claim to be solving problems but underneath they are creating additional problems. When 32-paged Passport was sold officially for N 15K to N 25K people were paying as much as N 45K to get it through Immigration Offices. The 64-paged Passport that was officially N 70K was costing N 100K.

Now you want to adjust prices, instead of asking why the 64-paged passport was costing more than twice the 32-paged passport and thereby cause a reduction in the price of the 64-paged because you definitely were not making losses on the 32-paged pricing, your pinenof reasoning was to increase the price of the 33-page on the justification that it should be half of the 64-paged Passport cost! Can you see the wickedness? And I am sure the excess on it will now go into private pockets!!!

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by TopBanter: 9:26am On Jan 26
revolt:
Been trying to get my passport for 2 yrs. It's insane.

You were unlucky to have applied under the worthless Aregbesola. Got my passport, start to finish, in a few weeks under the current minister of interior.

Still, yours should fall under backlog approved for urgent clearing. Check aggressively with the passport office you used.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by davidtemi(m): 9:30am On Jan 26
tunde1200:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-explains-new-conditions-for-passport-acquisition/
This news is very helpful to me in particular.
Now I can take next step.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by membranus: 9:51am On Jan 26
The initial gragra of the minister at the passport office has diminished. The two weeks collection time for passport is no more possible, it is now business as usual.

My daughter that has applied for passport for almost a month is yet to be granted, despite paying excess cost. The excuse is that the passport docket is scarce.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by stacyadams: 9:56am On Jan 26
davidtemi:

This news is very helpful to me in particular.
Now I can take next step.
Thank you.

Forget the news oo......na business as usual...

The minister dey talk to him family members not immigration officers cheesy grin
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by liamjakes247: 10:12am On Jan 26
I called yesterday and was told is 55k
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by rotadeco27: 10:18am On Jan 26
Eriokanmi:
I wonder what this guy is still doing there despite the obvious. He has good ideas yes, but nobody is above the law. He really disappointed many, including my humble self.
If I may ask , what did he do? Has he been fingered to be involved directly in the deal? Haven shown you people evidences that he resigned being the CEO and board member of the said company as far back as 2019, what else do you want. So he should close the company down because he was venting for a public post! You breed the kind of corrupt leaders that lead you, any politician that trivializes his or her original source of income for political post is set out to do nothing but loot the commonwealth, take that to the bank.
If you know how may companies sheyi is controlling for his dad you won't be saying what your saying. Donald Trump is a real estate guru before during and after he left the US presidential seat. Please leave this man alone , is the only minister that seems to be thinking outside the box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by DonDaDa234: 10:26am On Jan 26
I’m sure that with time his efforts will pay off. Trusting the process

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by kemzy107(f): 10:26am On Jan 26
A Nigerian passport is a security and identity document and it shouldn't be owned anyhow by non Nigerian
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Oluwalosolami: 10:26am On Jan 26
This will help to non citizen holding the green passport illegally.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Yheri: 10:27am On Jan 26
Great initiative by Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister of Interior, to introduce new conditions for passport acquisition, prioritizing the document's sanctity and security. This move aims to curb non-citizens acquiring Nigerian passports, ensuring a more secure and efficient process
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Janetudeh(f): 10:27am On Jan 26
Kudos to the minister of interior for his due diligence in the ministry. His impacts will last a lifetime
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Joyce95: 10:27am On Jan 26
More of this Minister to our Nation Nigeria will be great. Thank you Hon. Tunji Ojo.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by TheRareGem1(f): 10:27am On Jan 26
Never4getU:

Send SOS message to the minister he recently made public his channel number. I don't remember where I wrote it I would have send it

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Oracben: 10:30am On Jan 26
Whatsoever will stop all issues of passport is welcomed, the minister has really done much so far, the minister assured that by march 8th , passport process will then be contactless.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Solape1: 10:31am On Jan 26
Never4getU:

Send SOS message to the minister he recently made public his channel number. I don't remember where I wrote it I would have send it

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Solape1: 10:34am On Jan 26
Why call when you have access to the portal by using the registration link?
It is well

liamjakes247:
I called yesterday and was told is 55k

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Temmy1997(f): 10:36am On Jan 26
We are building a future for Nigerians where things should be done in a better way.

This is brilliant i believe the Hon Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo will surely fix things
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by muhyeenisce(m): 10:37am On Jan 26
The best man of this administration
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Ava1705: 10:38am On Jan 26
Well said! All for the growth of the country!
God bless PBAT
God bless BTO
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Zeesugar(f): 10:43am On Jan 26
We must protect the integrity of our passport
Nigeria must be great
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Solape1: 10:46am On Jan 26
This is a Terrific innovation initiated by the Minister Of Interior, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo. Initiating the new prerequisites for passport acquisition will restrain non-citizens who have had our passports or planning to illegally acquire them.
God bless The minister of interior and his team
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Adelekan40(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
The new conditions is for a better service to Nigerians. The minister of interior, Tunji-Ojo has made significant progress in the passport process, all Nigerians must continue to give him all the needed support.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Laryy360: 10:53am On Jan 26
Seeing what Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo is doing a great work in the area of Nigeria passport under his office as the interior minister of federal republic of Nigeria always make me happy, and always thanks president Bola Ahmed Tinubu for giving us someone like him to change the system of Nigeria.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by flexybricky(m): 10:55am On Jan 26
Many foreigners easily acquire a Nigerian passport than most Nigerians. This is a welcome idea from the Minister of Interior.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by Oluebubay: 10:58am On Jan 26
The Minister is an advocate of good governance
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Explains New Conditions For Passport Acquisition by liamjakes247: 11:11am On Jan 26
Whats the link.

Google searched checking their website and seeing $150 for 5 years and $250 for 10 years 64 pages.
Solape1:
Why call when you have access to the portal by using the registration link?
It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Speaks On Stopping Nwodo, Clark From Flying To Benue / ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List / 2023: No Candidate Can Have A Landslide Victory - Aderogba Otunla(Photo, Trends)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.