Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? (4748 Views)

Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting / Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? / Apostle Samuel Kaunda Fiancee Failed To Show Up At Their Wedding In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Warlord2014(m): 11:28am On Jan 27
Odin13:
Ask first.. before you mark her test script..

People like me.. if you don’t ask.. mind fit no reach say you need am..

As long as she still loves you and cares as your woman..

We’re all wired differently
Yeah I agree with this guy....
Ask first, and don't be concluding that she don't care.

The kind of me no go offer to assist,but if the person ask I can go extra miles
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Rukevwe999(m): 11:37am On Jan 27
First, you didn't ask. Perhaps she doesn't recognise the seriousness of your supposed "situation" because you still retain your normal standard of living and hasn't seen signs of sapa on your body or because you're not her husband yet she doesn't feel the urgency to aid you financially. Who knows, maybe if you were in police net she would have paid for your bail.
Get used to it, women tend to show more selfish tendencies in relationship, especially when it has to do with money. Start borrowing a woman's money constantly and you'll be setting yourself up for insult when conflict arises.
I don't know about you but I have a personal principle of never expecting my woman to give me money. As a man I am the primary provider and her money is for herself, she should provide money out of her own freewill and not as a test. There are other ways a woman can show love rather than financial assistance. At least she didn't leave you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by tunize(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27
There is no test here now, some persons you have to own up and ask before they can give you if you like complain till tomorrow they won’t give until you ask. Why for others the moment you complain they will give you without you even asking it doesn’t mean they are inhuman everyone is built differently.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Harddiskng(m): 1:06pm On Jan 27
Offpointng:
….

Invalid. No where you states that you asked her directly and she refused.

Again I understand your point, she didn’t show care to think out of the box to offer you. It is true, that someone you want to take as a wife, is expected to have you at the back of their mind to that extent.

Hmm. Well even if she didn’t offer, what has she done for you in these months in question. Think on it. No marry person wey dey useless to you oo.

Even God called Adam’s wife, “helper”.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:34pm On Jan 27
Odin13:
Ask first.. before you mark her test script..

People like me.. if you don’t ask.. mind fit no reach say you need am..

As long as she still loves you and cares as your woman..

We’re all wired differently

How do you love and care about someone when you have and the person doesn't but you refuse to share and uplift him, is that love or care?

If I was the OP I will go a step further to specifically ask her to give me a specific amount, this is to give her the benefit of the doubt if she may have forgotten the predicament I have found myself in. If she then willingly refuses there is nothing to do about the situation because I will now know she is amongst the ladies who shout "my money is my money and his money is our money "

It depends on the OP , if he wants a supportive woman he can then jettison but if he wants a baby to feed for the rest of his live he can then go ahead and feed her for live. Every man with his own specifications.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:38pm On Jan 27
budaatum:
Also note that your test involves lying, for which she is likely testing you.

There is no way anyone can possibly detect that lie, a lot of people have IPPS issue , it's in the public domain. Though I see the joke grin
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Jman06(m): 1:40pm On Jan 27
I've always said it here that no lady truly loves a man but children would not understand what I mean. It's always about their selfish needs. Most ladies are attracted either to a man's looks --- so she can brag about how cute her man is when she's with other ladies, or to his wealth--- so she can use him to maintain a luxurious lifestyle and also to lift her family out of poverty. No genuine love!

What is love when you cannot give gifts to the one you claim to love

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by techgen(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27
Offpointng:
Straight to the point, I'm someone who doesn't like to bore people out with my problems so whatever is happening to me I just keep to myself and find a respite or just die in it if I can't fine my way outta the problem

My fiancee appear nice but tbh I really can't tell cuz ion ask her for things. so I decided to play a quick test on her to understand her further; but the result further came out confusing. What was this test;

So I just thought to myself one day, paradventure (godforbid) life turn against me, will she be there for me?? I kinda lied to her I had IPPIS issue at work and I might not be paid for bout 3 month (wanted to see if she would support me thr that 3 month or not) and stuffs will be kinda hard for me. Tho she condole with me and was maybe sad for me idk but thr these 2 months now she has never for once told me take, I know things are not easy with you at the moment how can I assist or take this little amount. Does she work? Oh yes. How much does she earn? 85k roughly (does work remotely often and only report to work on Mondays alone) so yeah thinking of giving me 10k should not be an issue for her.

Tbh guys I was really heartbroken, I wished she passed the test cuz I really had good plans for her, cuz my trust for her would have been elevated and I was to surprise her with another phone cuz ion like the fact she uses Tecno (tho she isn't complaining sha) she doesn't really bill me to.

Now ion know if I should see her as a wife material or someone I can marry. So, I've come to ask if I'm really overreacting since I didn't really ask her to help me with money. Secondly, was that a wrong test to have done?? I'm confused.

Dominique mynd44 oam4j nlpfmod

If after 3 months of you testing her and she still willingly give you her body and she still enjoys s*x with you….my guy forget the financial part, she still loves you….A woman never enjoys s*x with a known broke boyfriend or husband….you'll feel the vibes if she sorry for you to even touch her.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by TheWinterBird(f): 2:23pm On Jan 27
Perhaps she thinks you've savings [and you should], albeit after two months of you being [hypothetically] jobless, she should've asked how you're coping and if you need anything. As she hasn't done that, then what you should do is tell her you're in need and respectfully ask her for some money. If she refuses to give you, then that should give you a clearer picture of how she feels about you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by dNortherner(m): 2:23pm On Jan 27
Please pal don't take this to another level, she might have plans for you too since she haven't request anything from you after you told her your ordeal which according to you is a test. My piece of advice is confront her, let her know you'ad been expecting her to do something at least showing concern you know. She might ask; like what? Your answer should be; to try giving you some money na since you've not been paid for over 2 months, or better still let her know you need some money for some important issues you must attend to... Please do it and see how she will react and please don't forget to get back to me, I want to learn something from your test too.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by STYCNig(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27
meetme01:

Don't always assume and conclude text with this your analogy.

Background is the first thing we check when issues like this arise.

Is that her first bf?

Was she jilted before coming into this relationship or what really happened?

Probably, she assisted with all he got with her ex and lost all. Here, she wants to be careful not be a victim again.

See, coming to a conclusion on text is not worth it at all. Ask questions. There you will find answers.

Op is testing her right? It's good but at the same, as he considered why she's not doing such hence, the need to ask.

Let him ask, she will bulge her mind and OP will realize why she's not doing what he wants. We are and can never be the same because we are wired differently with different life experiences.

Don't be judgemental if you don't ask questions to understand what the other party is going through.

NOTE: I reply comments only on the concept of letting others to learn - NOT for argument or a show of intelligence bcoz we all operate in diff dimension of depths!

In your words, you talked about;
1. Assumption 2. Background (i.e experience) and 3. Being Judgemental

I'm going to address it by your words above;
1. FEELINGS. You dont assume feelings! its either you have feelings for something or for someone or you dont. Its either you feel like giving or caring after someone or you dont. If she never felt like giving without him asking, then she never had the fealings of giving to him, Period! The guy who had feelings for her, gave to her according to his feelings.

2. BACKGROUND. (lets call it experience) Bro/Sis, experience should teach you that, you should relate or give out in proportion of what you recieved - What type of experience was that, that you care not to give to someone who gives to you always? Is that experience or lack of fealings or care over that person? Listen dear, giving is like a Savings Account and Loan - You get back what you deposited and you MUST repay back the Loan, else, you're a parasite. Anyone who wants to withdraw more than his deposit or who wouldn't want to repay back his Loan is often regarded as what? THIEF OR SINCERE ? When we understand the foundational concepts of how Life works, you wouldn't give room for people to manipulate you with their tactics.

3. JUDGEMENT. Is a factor of collective wisdom and vast foresight. We see things from different perspective and depths, then give a conclusive authority/result to those issues, which is call judgement. What you may call being judgemental could be that; You dont know what I know, you dont have the depths of experience and foresight that I have etc.
- Its okay for you to tag my position as "being judgemental" - The difference between who was right from who was wrong is the one who could tell THE END from the beginning.

*Its very funny and delusional to see that, the same Mr. XYZ who give me gifts is in need, yet I find an excuse to say that bcoz he didn't Ask. Nature doesn't teach negativity - Even the devil knows when we lack and present us with gifts without us asking.

YOU MAY SAY THE SITUATION ISN'T REAL BUT ACTING - YES! But the lady in question is not aware that its acting and not real. To her the guy condition is real, she should act according to the reality of what she knows. Is this not like some sets of pranks we watch every day and see folks loosing rewards?

Her Action reveals her true state of MIND in the relationship. How do doctors know how seriously sick and healthy one is? Is it not by conducting Test?

Next time... put your statement like this:
- Are you not judgemental in your analysis?
- It sounds like you are assuming than being factual?
- What makes you conclude about her action without putting her past experience into consideration?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Offpointng: 3:39pm On Jan 27
techgen:

If after 3 months of you testing her and she still willingly give you her body and she still enjoys s*x with you….my guy forget the financial part, she still loves you….A woman never enjoys s*x with a known broke boyfriend or husband….you'll feel the vibes if she sorry for you to even touch her.

She's still a virgin bro
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Jaycee07(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27
chidiokay:

You can't just assume she is inconsiderate, there was a time i told my babe i was broke, infact i was broke for real, buh base on one or two gigs i was till able to maintain some lifestyle ...
when i called her nd challenge her why she couldnt offer help, i got to know she was watching me and she deduce these one wey still dey get drink for fridge, On gen down no need help undecided

Women are not wired to give boyfriends money, grin exceptions to few

Nigerian women are leeches.
I’ve dated girls from other nationalities and they are completely different
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by adeememman(m): 4:05pm On Jan 27
chidiokay:

Oga your analogy no add up, what as murder got to do with "giving"
For these NL, people wey head dey pain plenty gan cheesy
It's a faceless forum, you don't know his/her age, exposure and so many other things. Just rest.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by ottajah: 4:15pm On Jan 27
Offpointng:
Straight to the point, I'm someone who doesn't like to bore people out with my problems so whatever is happening to me I just keep to myself and find a respite or just die in it if I can't fine my way outta the problem

My fiancee appear nice but tbh I really can't tell cuz ion ask her for things. so I decided to play a quick test on her to understand her further; but the result further came out confusing. What was this test;

So I just thought to myself one day, paradventure (godforbid) life turn against me, will she be there for me?? I kinda lied to her I had IPPIS issue at work and I might not be paid for bout 3 month (wanted to see if she would support me thr that 3 month or not) and stuffs will be kinda hard for me. Tho she condole with me and was maybe sad for me idk but thr these 2 months now she has never for once told me take, I know things are not easy with you at the moment how can I assist or take this little amount. Does she work? Oh yes. How much does she earn? 85k roughly (does work remotely often and only report to work on Mondays alone) so yeah thinking of giving me 10k should not be an issue for her.

Tbh guys I was really heartbroken, I wished she passed the test cuz I really had good plans for her, cuz my trust for her would have been elevated and I was to surprise her with another phone cuz ion like the fact she uses Tecno (tho she isn't complaining sha) she doesn't really bill me to.

Now ion know if I should see her as a wife material or someone I can marry. So, I've come to ask if I'm really overreacting since I didn't really ask her to help me with money. Secondly, was that a wrong test to have done?? I'm confused.

I have read through your post's... Honestly....it is too early to be confused whether she loves you or not or if she is the right person...A few women are kind to their mates... without asking....they are sensitive to your needs...Let me ask this few questions...Does she stay close? like I mean come around frequently or you both are far off...Do you guys frequently talk?? definitely...she would ask ..."How are you doing"...? Have you indirectly explain how difficult it has been for you and they are few things you are unable to get now due to the issue you are facing? Indirectly....you have asked for help and watch her reaction....I would suggest you do this physically with her not on the phone to see her body language and reaction if she is empathetic and wants to help you or she is feigning it....
By now....you should know if your girl is kind and generous to you...You do not need to put her through test...Just like you may not like it if you realize she put you through a loyalty test...
Most relationships working today did not really undergo any Litmus test like the one you are doing now..Put your eyes on the ground and you will See who she really is..
My two cents Bro..
thanks
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by techgen(m): 4:35pm On Jan 27
Offpointng:

She's still a virgin bro

No wonder still nor put body….she never Dey see you as part of her.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by BALLOSKI: 5:54am On Jan 28
Offpointng:

If it's the case of lending, She will lend me cuz she knows I'll pay back. lending wouldn't be a problem for her. just disappointed as to how she never thought for once to support me with anything.
Then, she's a good lady. If she has other qualities right, give her a chance. What you should not "condone" is cheating and disrespect.

Just stop giving her money for sometimes, to prove your story and see how she does it. Be watchful!
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by jaxxy(m): 5:51am On Jan 30
Offpointng:

Not a wrong test, she hasn’t failed yet especially since she isn't billing u and doesn't really bill u anyway cos I know some girls will still have the audacity to bill u despite facing ur challenges yes they are that selfish and self-centered.

All u need to do is ask her for some money and see her reaction for a week or 2...

I expect her to pass but there can be surprises. Lol
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Dzzzz: 8:37am On Jan 30
You said she don’t really bill you ain’t that enough?..Alaye the women that help men are on diamond subscription.You see the orders Na free Sub dem dey..No expect anything from them and live long
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by Offpointng: 1:07pm On Jan 30
jaxxy:

Not a wrong test, she hasn’t failed yet especially since she isn't billing u and doesn't really bill u anyway cos I know some girls will still have the audacity to bill u despite facing ur challenges yes they are that selfish and self-centered.

All u need to do is ask her for some money and see her reaction for a week or 2...

I expect her to pass but there can be surprises. Lol

tbh if I ask her to give me money she would but I expected more from her cuz how long will I keep asking till I loose my worth. I feel if I could have funded her if she wasn't paid just atm, she should have done same for me even if it's just 5k to get data monthly
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by jaxxy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30
Offpointng:

tbh if I ask her to give me money she would but I expected more from her cuz how long will I keep asking till I loose my worth. I feel if I could have funded her if she wasn't paid just atm, she should have done same for me even if it's just 5k to get data monthly

No don't just ask her fir money but let her know or think u are really broke. Come up with a sad sob story of how things are frustrating.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by ifihearam: 5:58pm On Jan 30
OKOATA:
This your girl still try small, if na my ex na she go end am straight because I no get paid for 3 months.[b] Men aren't meant to be loved, as long as say she no throw tantrums and she no show you sege make you manage am [/b]till you find someone better but I doubt cos all these Naija girls na case.

You are one of the major people who are problems to men because of the entitlement you give to women...no matter what never settle for less but with this your mentality women will continue to take advantage of you forever.Its also safe to say your ex or women you have been with never loved you. When you love someone you must give no matter how little. Contrary to general perception about women they are only stingy to those they dont love, if they love you they will go extra length to assist and help you.

The poster's woman and your ex never loved you guys and gloin forward never settle for any woman whom cant sacrifice for you and endeavor to date women who have something to lose too.
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by OKOATA(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30
ifihearam:

You are one of the major people who are problems to men because of the entitlement you give to women...no matter what never settle for less but with this your mentality women will continue to take advantage of you forever.Its also safe to say your ex or women you have been with never loved you. When you love someone you must give no matter how little. Contrary to general perception about women they are only stingy to those they dont love, if they love you they will go extra length to assist and help you.

The poster's woman and your ex never loved you guys and gloin forward never settle for any woman whom cant sacrifice for you and endeavor to date women who have something to lose too.

Oga na my opinion I give, who told you that women always love men before? A woman's love is based on what the man can offer, I don't need a woman to love me. As long as she can give me my kids and I can provide, the love I will have for my kids enough so I don't need womens love.

Mind you women can't take advantage of me cos I know how to play my game, I'm only speaking based on the present nature of nigerian women, so whether you like it or not once you go broke a naija girl will give you hell. Go broke and be expecting love from a naija girl, na insult you go chop join..
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by duduade: 7:22am On Jan 31
And you are still calling her fiancee

Anyway did you ever help her out in one situation or the other

Because I know most women aren't wired to be like that

So during these two months she never even cooked for you and brought it over...

She's using Tecno and never complained !!!
Re: My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? by abba190: 4:49pm On Jan 31
Offpointng:

But if I was the one, I wouldn't have allowed her ask bfr I give her money monthly for the space of that 3month knowing her predicament so she wouldn't really feel it

Or was I expecting too much??
she is stingy but thats not enough reason to leave her, just know that she is stingy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emotional Dissatisfaction In Men / Can U Accept Her Back Irrespective Of Her Infidelity / Girls Obsession About Staying Indoors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.