Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage (44495 Views)

Toyin Lawani's Nun's Outfit To 'The Prophetess' Movie Premiere Sparks Outrage / King Sunny Ade And His 5 Wives (Pictured) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Sammy5413(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27
Lol men will always be men

KSA should be under fire for shaking hands with Ayra Star nt the other way round
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Maliqcious: 6:53pm On Jan 27
Of all the disrespect na uncle the idiot call KSA
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Maliqcious: 6:54pm On Jan 27
Sammy5413:
Lol men will always be men

KSA should be under fire for shaking hands with Ayra Star nt the other way round
hmm
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by oneman2k7: 7:19pm On Jan 27
Even sunny Ade no vex, guy man wan tap current if chance day.
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Bahdguyishere: 7:23pm On Jan 27
Olawade24:
So much noise over nothing undecided
It might be nothing to you but it's something to those who were properly brought up

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Badadvisor: 7:25pm On Jan 27
Error401:
I cant argue with you, Maybe you are from the region where they greet their dad with a dirty slap or an handshake. Here in my own region. Respect is valuable
Thanks but no thanks.
I'm not yoruba but i agree with you to an extent.

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Asswipemod: 7:28pm On Jan 27
TopNotchTrends:
Music fans in Nigeria have lambasted Ayra Starr For having a Handshake with King Sunny Ade instead of prostrating to greet him properly. Many fans on twitter said that she was disrespectful, saying that King Sunny Ade is Old enough to be her grand dad.

Ayra eventually apologized but the apology was faulted because she addressed him as "uncle"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV59kiW5XAU?si=tl_ZhiEOGbKBLfSD

Omo yi o ti e leko rara! To think that girl is even Yoruba makes me shudder for the future.

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Asswipemod: 7:30pm On Jan 27
TINTINABULATION:
An uncultured, skinny and arrogant Rat.
A twinkling star disrespecting a golden moon for that matter.

The problem is that people refer to these commercial singers as Muscians. If we actually know what they call Music, you will know that we dont have any ( or say few) musicians in Nigeria again but only commercial singers...

Music starts and ends with KSA & his ilks.

Imagine o. Calling her grandfather uncle! Omo ale!
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Olawade24: 7:45pm On Jan 27
APCNig:

Don't let your parents see this nonsense you posted. They will be disappointed and may disown you

Oga keep quiet.
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Olawade24: 7:46pm On Jan 27
Bahdguyishere:

It might be nothing to you but it's something to those who were properly brought up

Tell that to the dogs.
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by DMerciful(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27
Them cricify her to force her to prostrate.

What will the prostrating do for him? A renowned musician needs the validation of a small girl as you said it?
MSGAMBLE9:
You would not understand unless you are an Omoluabi.... respecting an elder is ingrained into our culture and she is a typical example of the rude ones...

We don't wake our elders with slap or kicks over here like una.
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by omojeesu(m): 8:03pm On Jan 27
GEN Z

VERY DISRESPECTFUL GENERATION

IF YOU DONT GREET THEM FIRST,THEY WILL NOT GREET YOU,ESPECIALLY THE GIRLS AMONG THEM.

AND NO MATTER HOW OLD ARE YOU,THEIR GREETING STARTS AND ENDS WITH "HI"[/quote]

Parents, adults and the society at large are partly responsible especially parents!

But in my experience you nailed the "ESPECIALLY THE GIRLS AMONG THEM"!

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by MSGAMBLE9: 8:11pm On Jan 27
DMerciful:
Them cricify her to force her to prostrate.

What will the prostrating do for him? A renowned musician needs the validation of a small girl as you said it?
Like I said you are probably not Yoruba.... it's not a matter of validation, it's a sign of respect for Elders and that shows you are well brought up.

You can wake up una Elders/ parents with slap or kicks for where you come from, we don't care... Is just the same way an Omoluabi would never understand why your people choose to call una brothers and sisters an Osu.

It's a Principle thing for a well cultured Omoluabi to knee or at least bow when greeting an Elder....We are not Westerners.

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by ObaKlaz: 8:15pm On Jan 27
Bloomfrancs03:

Abeg I no need all this your epistle. He did not win it. Simple and short.
As you have nothing else to say. Run along!
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by BABANGBALI: 8:20pm On Jan 27
Very useless babe with very ugly and smelling pussy

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Kionrae: 8:20pm On Jan 27
Seriously who gives a Bleep
Nigerians like to dey Carry stupid matter for Head
Where as the real issues going on in the country is left unattended

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by BABANGBALI: 8:21pm On Jan 27
MSGAMBLE9:
Like I said you are probably not Yoruba.... it's not a matter of validation, it's a sign of respect for Elders and that shows you are well brought up.

You can wake up una Elders/ parents with slap or kicks for where you come from, we don't care... Is just the same way an Omoluabi would never understand why your people choose to call una brothers and sisters an Osu.

It's a Principle thing for a well cultured Omoluabi to knee or at least bow when greeting an Elder....We are not Westerners.
God bless you jare.
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Bimpe29: 8:51pm On Jan 27
Really
TINTINABULATION:

The problem is that people refer to these commercial singers as Muscians. If we actually know what they call Music, you will know that we dont have any ( or say few) musicians in Nigeria again but only commercial singers...

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Jonjam269: 8:51pm On Jan 27
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Jonjam269: 9:09pm On Jan 27
DMerciful:
She recognized and greeted him and that should be enough. All these prostrating to greet is the old ways. Prostrating does not necessarily mean they respect you

1 Share

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by FertilityH: 9:55pm On Jan 27
TopNotchTrends:
Music fans in Nigeria have lambasted Ayra Starr For having a Handshake with King Sunny Ade instead of prostrating to greet him properly. Many fans on twitter said that she was disrespectful, saying that King Sunny Ade is Old enough to be her grand dad.

Ayra eventually apologized but the apology was faulted because she addressed him as "uncle"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV59kiW5XAU?si=tl_ZhiEOGbKBLfSD

E yin Agba, E je ebure

don't blame her, The people admiring her pant skirt are her great-grandfather's mate so who is KSA

Whether you like it or not as Omo Yoruba gidi, we value respect

Irrespective of the nonsense she sings on stage, KSA isn't her mate

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by LOVEGINO(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27
TINTINABULATION:

behind d scenes is very important bro

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by DMerciful(m): 10:00pm On Jan 27
Just maybe she is Igbo.
MSGAMBLE9:

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by sprints1: 10:04pm On Jan 27
hafeeanubasy:
GEN Z

VERY DISRESPECTFUL GENERATION

IF YOU DONT GREET THEM FIRST,THEY WILL NOT GREET YOU,ESPECIALLY THE GIRLS AMONG THEM.

AND NO MATTER HOW OLD ARE YOU,THEIR GREETING STARTS AND ENDS WITH "HI"
you have said everything very useless generation. The onlybthing dey know is suck pric, like this morning my co- tenant is a gen z because it she fight land lord she no greet me... Come dey frown... That's d way he does sometimes she no dey greet me at all... Girl wey I collect 15 years from just imagine

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Paulpak34(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27
What of there's something between them nko?
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by ukaface(f): 10:47pm On Jan 27
The way these people carry respect for them you go think say them Dey holy.

PS I’m not justifying Ayra

But the comebacks Dey too much, on top of greeting
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Streetmovement(m): 11:05pm On Jan 27
Bolu004:

Yes, as a proper well brought up Yoruba child.
Ayra was born in 2002.
Aside the fact that King Sunny Ade is old enough to be her grand Dad, he won the Grammys as far back as 80's when Ayra's father has not even toasted her Mum.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

It was 1984, he didn't win but he was nominated.
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Streetmovement(m): 11:06pm On Jan 27
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Make una take am easy on Ayra o, she is just a Gen z baddie grin

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Kingzjayzee: 11:51pm On Jan 27
advanceDNA:
U still call legendary KSA going to 80years old uncle....as in uncle??

..u are not a proper Nigerian Yoruba girl as u have claimed..
grin grin grin grin grin
another apology loading... grin

1 Like

Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Ohraykon: 12:45am On Jan 28
advanceDNA:

She is actually yoruba....abi Oyinkansola aderibigbe na wetin for your side....and she even said so...na why them dey tackle her......

she has edo blood take it easy o grin
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Ohraykon: 12:45am On Jan 28
phorget:
She must be an igbo girl, if care is not taking I'm sure she would have kicked Sunny Ade since they always wake their parents with a kick...

People are just funny, upon all the problems we are facing in this country how can someone greeting somebody become a topic?🤷‍♂️
your yoruba no omoluabi at all, tribal mugu!!!
Re: Ayra Starr Shakes King Sunny Ade Instead Of Kneeling, Sparks Outrage by Mirasteel: 1:44am On Jan 28
TINTINABULATION:

I always say this alot, most of these small Nigerian girls don't have any atom of respect in them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Van Vicker Graduates From University 24 Years After High School (Photo) / Regina Daniel's Looks Gorgeous As She Reveals Thighs In New Photos / Toyin Lawani: I Will Marry 3 Men, Build Houses For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.