Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen (43581 Views)

AFCON: "Oil Too Full Ijaya Head" - CAF Hails Osimhen / UEFA Hails Osimhen After Second Hattrick For Napoli / Asamoah Gyan Goes Broke, Has Just £600? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:27pm On Jan 28
victorazy:

From your good analysis, the one thing I will not agree is that of Simon Moses. The guy is horrific, worse of them all.
Simon is not that bad. Me I am just glad that Chuckwueze didn't start yesterday, Iheanacho for even worse if e dey there.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Warlord2014(m): 2:27pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:
So far, the men below has been doing great

1. Ola Aina - He is my number 1 so far

2. Victor Osimhen - selfless, team player and a great forward

3. Calvin Bassey - he is part of the reasons the defence is solid. And when he replaced zaidu to go a bit forward, he used the opportunity to create a goal scoring chance

4. Ademola Lookman - he is giving his all. 2 goals and 1 assist, that's what Nigeria needs to reduce the pressure on Osimhen

5. Troost Ekong - superb

6. The coach's tactics and dynamics - whether you like it or not, this guy has done a great job.

7. Nwabali - the goalie has been terrific

8. Omeruo - has been a great substitution. He should be starting our subsequent matches, for Bassey to take the place of Zaidu

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka
3. Iwobi - this guy's legs are obviously faster than his brain. Regardless, he made great passes and holds the midfield momentarily
4. Simon Moses. He is a great player, though he has not impressed us in this tournament

Not so good
1. Zaidu - greed, wrong passes
2. Chukwueze - he will make you hate the whole team with his pattern of play.

Onyeka was awesome yesterday
But Zaidu and iwobi, their ratings should be 3.0.
Zaidu can do nothing, and he doesn't fall back when he loses the ball, him think say FC Porto na big club....he go dey form big man for field
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Warlord2014(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28
callmevirus:
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Truth be told Oshimen is overrated

Is it that CAF was blind when they crowned him best?
Was seriaA also mad to have crowned him the best player of the season?

Or na ur leg him take win the golden boot for last season seriaA?

2 Likes

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by omotola90(m): 2:39pm On Jan 28
Warlord2014:

Onyeka was awesome yesterday
But Zaidu and iwobi, their ratings should be 3.0.
Zaidu can do nothing, and he doesn't fall back when he loses the ball, him think say FC Porto na big club....he go dey form big man for field
lol fc Porto is a big club o
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by OgaTheTop2: 2:43pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:

3. Calvin Bassey - he is part of the reasons the defence is solid. And when he replaced zaidu to go a bit forward, he used the opportunity to create a goal scoring chance

4. Ademola Lookman - he is giving his all. 2 goals and 1 assist, that's what Nigeria needs to reduce the pressure on Osimhen

5. Troost Ekong - superb

6. The coach's tactics and dynamics - whether you like it or not, this guy has done a great job.

8. Omeruo - has been a great substitution. He should be starting our subsequent matches, for Bassey to take the place of Zaidu

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka
3. Iwobi - this guy's legs are obviously faster than his brain. Regardless, he made great passes and holds the midfield momentarily
4. Simon Moses. He is a great player, though he has not impressed us in this tournament

Not so good

cheesy
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by loiusdthird(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28
Abionaam:
The Lion of Africa himself...
where your location so I can inspect the laptop before buying
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by OgaTheTop2: 2:50pm On Jan 28
Isokoboy:
I was not surprise by oshy speed sha...person wey sell pure water for lagos road....
Werey grin
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:50pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:

5. Troost Ekong - superb

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka

Not so good

Prophetic analysis
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by MasterTeeUSA: 2:57pm On Jan 28
Let's not discount the others..they played hard too...I will say that this is the first time since Atlanta 96 that players are actually playing for something greater than themselves...the Nation..That they apologized for a draw and even promised to play better after 7 points...it's a welcome development.

Osimhem is a different breed. At the club level, he is the GOAT so no one can dictate to him at the National Level from the club..I remember clubs trying to control how players play then by speaking to possible injuries that can sideline them if they play for the National Team...this is different. The ladies we have to give kudos to them...they have brought out the best and the national pride in our boys. My own take

Jonathan:
cool

If we have like 3 of him, we can definitely win the world cup.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Slayar: 2:58pm On Jan 28
Osimhen isn't overated. Realize there's no creative midfielder like Kvartshkelia in Nigeria or Cole palmer to feed Osimhen,if osimhen is well fed ,he will score.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Slayar: 3:02pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:

5. Troost Ekong - superb

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka

Not so good

Onyeka has been one of the standout players of the tournament. Even Ndidi no play wetin Onyeka don play for this tournament. No disrespect to Ndidi,but onyeka has been doing dirty work all day and night,everyday of the week for the eagles in this tournament.

1 Like

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Princezibk: 3:06pm On Jan 28
SmartMen:
looks like his lifestyle has gotten to him. Heard he is banging one Twitter celeb babe sef.
I’m really worried 😧 for him cuz much was expected…

He should use his team mate Big Vic as Case study ,,, Abi he no like the hype 🤣🤣
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Bimpe29: 3:08pm On Jan 28
That's really a watchword, passion and commitment for a goal getter.
GanagiBitrus:
Osimhen's passion & commitment is 120% 👍

If Super Eagles play the rest of the Tournament with same level of energy & intensity against Cameroon, they will be difficult to beat.

1 Like

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by ZaddyJ: 3:13pm On Jan 28
Jonathan:
cool

If we have like 3 of him, we can definitely win the world cup.
Taiwo Awoniyi is another great attack who plays with passion. No thanks to Injury we would ve had the deadliest attack in afcon. But I know the world cup qualifier is going to bring the best out of this two guys
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Warlord2014(m): 3:14pm On Jan 28
omotola90:
lol fc Porto is a big club o
How many big name dey fcporto.
Na retirement club na.
With likes of pepe
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by waveman2: 3:18pm On Jan 28
Bros person wey rudiger praise say him too strong and he made him suffer i.e marking him was a problem.Person wey single handedly give Napoli cup last season.person wey his teammate refuse to pass ball to him this season but still have like 9 goals out of 11 matches.person wey him club dey sweat to have him renew his contract still agree to put 112 million pounds release clause on top.person rated 8th world best and Africa best and you say he is overated.You must be a joker.

callmevirus:
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Truth be told Oshimen is overrated

2 Likes

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 3:21pm On Jan 28
Princezibk:
I’m really worried 😧 for him cuz much was expected…

He should use his team mate Big Vic as Case study ,,, Abi he no like the hype 🤣🤣
he will learn, Football world that is very brutal.

1 Like

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 3:22pm On Jan 28
waveman2:

Bros person wey rudiger praise say him too strong and he made him suffer i.e marking him was a problem.Person wey single handedly give Napoli cup last season.person wey his teammate refuse to pass ball to him this season but still have like 9 goals out of 11 matches.person wey him club dey sweat to have him renew his contract still agree to put 112 million pounds release clause on top.person rated 8th world best and Africa best and you say he is overated.You must be a joker.

na ment grin grin grin
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Tywo2018: 3:51pm On Jan 28
Cameroon didn't ce-dis coming, they forgotten they Gha-na lose, now they are Accra-in
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by ebhaleleme51490: 3:52pm On Jan 28
Yes o, the celebration last night was something to behold:Yes o, the celebration last night was something to behold:...
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Tycyborg(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28
unclejb2:
Those Cameroonian defenders became traumatized after constant bullying and harassment from Osimhen

They got frustrated to an extent they started pushing and having him... He knows how to frustrate defenders
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by AlphaNugget(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28
Kinzo0917:

Taaaa
Why would osihmen think of going to Chelsea. A team that can't qualify for champions league

Do you wanna destroy osihmen career?

When we have my almighty arsenal and our little brothers in Liverpool and mancity

God 4bid that osihmen should consider going to Chelsea. If na charm, e no go work. Guy be sincere, if osihmen na ur broda, u go tell am say make he go chelsea?

Una even get money 💰 to even sign him?

Una new owner money 💰 don finish..I hear say he can hadly eat 3 square meal a day. He has used all his earnings plus borrowed money 💰 for Chelsea project. Now, he is damn so broke

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by K4daniel: 4:29pm On Jan 28
Osimhen, Aina, Bassey, Lukmon, and Ekong, are the world's best footballers and key players in that team. They play very well.

Osimhen As far as am concerned is the best striker in this tournament, nobody can take the risk, he chases with all his strength, football in Italy cannot be compared to other places.

Is he really overrated? I think he is not. The award was objective.

Presently no striker in Africa is in the right form like him, he is still young,
25 years old, and doing well for himself.

That's why Chelsea, Man United and other clubs are chasing him because he is good,

Among the players in Africa which striker is better than him at the moment in their various clubs?

Who among them has helped their various clubs score goals in the major league and achieve that level of such success.

You saw how selfless he was yesterday, he chases the ball, wins it and passed to lukmon. In fact I like the fact that he now play for the team not for himself. Other strikers would have tried to score the goals and missed many chances because they are African best player.

Lastly please sometimes a good striker may experienced goal drought but that doesn't mean he is not a good striker. At least he is helping the team. So please let's be patient with him he will deliver.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Jeje247: 4:29pm On Jan 28
I just wish Ike uche was still playing. The wasted chances osimhen have been lining up for those clowns would have been converted easily. Btw, even if they manage to win the title, I would still fire peseiro. He doesn't have the pedigree of coaching success. He can't be allowed to use our team as his coaching academy. It wouldn't be long before he runs out of luck
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by EDOLUWA: 5:04pm On Jan 28
Take it or leave it Victor Oshimen is a real beast!
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by egojeny1(f): 5:08pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:

5. Troost Ekong - superb

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka

Not so good

You are right about Aina. I asked my husband what's the name of the player with bushy hair he said Aina, I told him he's one of the best in that match. The guy is too good

2 Likes

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by millionboi2: 5:23pm On Jan 28
saintruky:

People when Angola wan send home so
bro if thy put thesame energy thy used against Cameroon only Senegal and morroco can challenge them.if u doubt me bet against them in betting.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by histemple: 5:24pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:

5. Troost Ekong - superb

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka

Not so good

I agree with you totally. I am surprised Chukwueze and Simon are still allowed to start ahead of Iheanacho.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Ekaka14: 5:30pm On Jan 28
I Hope they have time to rest enough...do their physio to counter any niggling pains and review their approach to their next opponents because they really, really dissipated energy yesterday and every game comes with perhaps a totally different approach depending on how the opposition present themselves....
All the same. I can see that they're beginning to soak up the pressure of playing in the National colors and the huge expectations from over 120million Nigerians who all know and play football cheesy
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Ekaka14: 5:33pm On Jan 28
histemple:

I agree with you totally. I am surprised Chukwueze and Simon are still allowed to start ahead of Iheanacho.
It appears Iheanacho picked up a knock in training while in ivory Coast or perhaps he's not in the form the coaching crew expect of him🤔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Officially Resumes Duty As New Super Eagles Assistant Coach (Photos) / Ronaldo's Goal Ranked Number One In Top 10 Goals Of 2017-18 Champions League / Full Match Fixtures For 2018 Russia World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.