Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen (43569 Views)

AFCON: "Oil Too Full Ijaya Head" - CAF Hails Osimhen / UEFA Hails Osimhen After Second Hattrick For Napoli / Asamoah Gyan Goes Broke, Has Just £600? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Laple0541(m): 1:14pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:
So far, the men below has been doing great

1. Ola Aina - He is my number 1 so far

2. Victor Osimhen - selfless, team player and a great forward

3. Calvin Bassey - he is part of the reasons the defence is solid. And when he replaced zaidu to go a bit forward, he used the opportunity to create a goal scoring chance

4. Ademola Lookman - he is giving his all. 2 goals and 1 assist, that's what Nigeria needs to reduce the pressure on Osimhen

5. Troost Ekong - superb

6. The coach's tactics and dynamics - whether you like it or not, this guy has done a great job.

7. Nwabali - the goalie has been terrific

8. Omeruo - has been a great substitution. He should be starting our subsequent matches, for Bassey to take the place of Zaidu

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka
3. Iwobi - this guy's legs are obviously faster than his brain. Regardless, he made great passes and holds the midfield momentarily
4. Simon Moses. He is a great player, though he has not impressed us in this tournament

Not so good
1. Zaidu - greed, wrong passes
2. Chukwueze - he will make you hate the whole team with his pattern of play.

Iwobi is below average in this competition. For a player of his calibre and exposure, more is expected. Perhaps the coach should start Iheanacho in his place.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Honestey: 1:14pm On Jan 28
Oshimen is a winner, he won U17 for us before, he will win this too
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Esinwaju: 1:16pm On Jan 28
Enny2013:
Nawao, some guys here can't still spell "OSIMHEN" correctly.
I am seeing different spellings to a Popular name of such.
It's well.
It's so irritating that a name so popular could be brazenly spelt wrongly and there are many Nigerians who do this thing. You should go to Facebook and Twitter. O-S-I-M-H-E-N is what adults are struggling to get right.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Esinwaju: 1:17pm On Jan 28
Honestey:
Oshimen is a winner, he won U17 for us before, he will win this too
OSIMHEN gaddamn it not oshimen!!!
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Enny2013(f): 1:20pm On Jan 28
Esinwaju:
It's so irritating that a name so popular could be brazenly spelt wrongly and there are many Nigerians who do this thing. You should go to Facebook and Twitter. O-S-I-M-H-E-N is what adults are struggling to get right.
God bless u,my brother.
U b my Gee!
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by infofta(m): 1:32pm On Jan 28
The way he hustle for ball it's like his life depend on it.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by harjay1986: 1:38pm On Jan 28
Henryjr:
So far, the men below has been doing great

1. Ola Aina - He is my number 1 so far

2. Victor Osimhen - selfless, team player and a great forward

3. Calvin Bassey - he is part of the reasons the defence is solid. And when he replaced zaidu to go a bit forward, he used the opportunity to create a goal scoring chance

4. Ademola Lookman - he is giving his all. 2 goals and 1 assist, that's what Nigeria needs to reduce the pressure on Osimhen

5. Troost Ekong - superb

6. The coach's tactics and dynamics - whether you like it or not, this guy has done a great job.

7. Nwabali - the goalie has been terrific

8. Omeruo - has been a great substitution. He should be starting our subsequent matches, for Bassey to take the place of Zaidu

Average
1. Ajayi
2. Onyeka
3. Iwobi - this guy's legs are obviously faster than his brain. Regardless, he made great passes and holds the midfield momentarily
4. Simon Moses. He is a great player, though he has not impressed us in this tournament

Not so good
1. Zaidu - greed, wrong passes
2. Chukwueze - he will make you hate the whole team with his pattern of play.

Bassey naa real minister for defence
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Esinwaju: 1:41pm On Jan 28
JuanDeDios:

Oh, just give a Yoruba man any native non-Yoruba and you will see wonder!

But as a SS brother, why you do this kain thing naa?
If I jump enter your matter now your moderator brother will be quick to swing. The Nativity of your primitivity is not a wonder. E follow DNA come.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Thazard(m): 1:47pm On Jan 28
Isokoboy:
I was not surprise by oshy speed sha...person wey sell pure water for lagos road....
grin grin grin
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by CheedyJ(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28
Draslo:
Someone said Osimhen is overrated because he's a Nigerian footballer.

Nigerians are the worst.
So because Judas betrayed Christ doesn't mean the other disciples are bad.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Adrian9(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

I think this coach is actually better than most of us have been thinking. The team plays tactically and that's down to good coaching to a large extent.
He plays like the Jose Mourinho his namesake. Is Mourinho telling him anything? That's the tactics I'm seeing
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by themanderon: 1:59pm On Jan 28
Having a player like him is an asset to any team even if he doesn't score he harries defenders and torments them making room for others to score
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by slowice(m): 2:01pm On Jan 28
The guy has too energy you will think he's on drugs, with osimhen, defenders won't know peace
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by benjanny(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28
That's True
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartyPants(m): 2:05pm On Jan 28
Adrian9:

He plays like the Jose Mourinho his namesake. Is Mourinho telling him anything? That's the tactics I'm seeing

Yes. We play classic defensive, counter-attacking football.

1 Like

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartyPants(m): 2:07pm On Jan 28
Esinwaju:

I've come to accept that people are doing this deliberately.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Draslo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28
CheedyJ:

So because Judas betrayed Christ doesn't mean the other disciples are bad.
It means they gossiped about him. Judas didn't wake up one morning with the seed of betrayal in him. There were happenings that aren't documented. There is a reason the other disciples' account of the life of Jesus wasn't considered. It was the gospel of Philip that claimed Mary Magdalene was Jesus' companion. It seems credible since it is her that told the rest of the disciples that Jesus wasn't in his tomb anymore.

Why did Jesus ask Peter not to deny him? It is because they had begun to doubt him. Why did Thomas disbelieve in his resurrection? These are things pastors generally don't like to talk about but even with the bible the Council of Nicea packaged to give the world, we must learn to read in between the lines.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:14pm On Jan 28
SonofElElyonRet:

Fantastic performance by him... but he tired out at the end.. even during the match occasionally you see him squatting to take deep breaths and rest.. methinks he needs to look for a strategy that doesn't get him burned out before 90 minutes which happened yesterday... best way to avoid this though is for another player to also harass opponents so it won't be only him
true and I agree but that is his strategy, even while playing for clubs.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Draslo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28
SmartyPants:

I've come to accept that people are doing this deliberately.
I doubt it. It comes down to pronunciation some people actually pronounce it as Oshimen
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by CheedyJ(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28
Draslo:

It means they gossiped about him. Judas didn't wake up one morning with the seed of betrayal in him. There were happenings that aren't documented. There is a reason the other disciples' account of the life of Jesus wasn't considered. It was the gospel of Philip that claimed Mary Magdalene was Jesus' companion. It seems credible since it is her that told the rat of the disciples that Jesus wasn't in his tomb anymore.

Why did Jesus ask Peter not to deny him? It is because they had begun to doubt him. Why did Thomas disbelieve in his resurrection? These are things pastors generally don't like to talk about but even with the bible the Council of Nicea packaged to give the world, we must learn to read in between the lines.
I wish you well. Smh
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by bolabadmus38: 2:14pm On Jan 28
The Coach should ask Iwobi to play with confidence. He's a good player but makes a lot of mistake like he's afraid or something.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:15pm On Jan 28
Princezibk:
Onyeka was fantastic ooo

But your comment on Chukwueze got me laughing so hard 🤣🤣… That nigga needs help
looks like his lifestyle has gotten to him. Heard he is banging one Twitter celeb babe sef.

1 Like

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:17pm On Jan 28
saintruky:

People when Angola wan send home so
dem go shock you... no worry.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by Draslo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28
CheedyJ:

I wish you well. Smh
Education is free. Whatever knowledge you have of Jesus and his disciples were voted for and packaged by a council of old men. That is the accepted Bible you have today. MEN voted for what and what shouldn't be included. There isn't anything more powerful than hidden truths.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:18pm On Jan 28
Trendy247:
Abeg who follow me see Onuachu yesterday?

That guy should be given a seat belt on the bench
he was brought in to do exactly what he did which is to WASTE TIME. free him abeg.

1 Like

Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by MichaelUweh(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28
Osimhen is a dedicated player that loves Nigeria 🇳🇬 so much.

May God grant him more grace to produce greater results.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by JuanDeDios: 2:19pm On Jan 28
Esinwaju:
If I jump enter your matter now your moderator brother will be quick to swing. The Nativity of your primitivity is not a wonder. E follow DNA come.
Funny
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:21pm On Jan 28
Forumobserver12:

That has always been his style of play, the very first time I watched Victor Osimhen played during under17 world cup, I knew the guy is tormentor of a striker...he can run for a full 90minutes with same level of energy..
GBAM... you sabi the guy well... someone said he was panting and tired before 90 minutes... I just knew that person didnt watch him during the under 17 world cup,

One peculiarity about Osimhen is that he knows how to use his features to his advantage, the height, long legs, and add speed to it you have a beast on the pitch.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:22pm On Jan 28
chacoonder:
Iwobi does not deserve to be in that team.

I swear man....
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by AreaFada2: 2:25pm On Jan 28
Deogratiasfx:

Exactly.....I can't count how many times these premature over hailing cost us future results. The worst is when Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga etc start promising them Lands in Abuja and Lagos, cash, wives etc. Then u know they are about crashing out.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
At least SE have done better than in 2022 edition. Any further good result now is just a bonus.
Re: Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen by SmartMen: 2:25pm On Jan 28
Flier:
How are we going to handle this hype if Nigeria crash out bayi?
grin grin grin grin grin Oye of little faith.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AFCON: Huges Ngouelondele, DR Congo Sports Minister Beaten On Arrival / Esimaje Awani: NFF Has Not Paid Me For Super Eagles World Cup Outfits / Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M To ASJ Of Eziobodo, First Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.